Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Gub'Mint Motors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:09 am 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:19 pm
Posts: 13802
edge540 wrote:
Most right wing extremists and republicans did not support it.
All democrats supported bailout.



so who is responsible for the survival of general motors?

_________________
Has Obama ever won a free and fair election based on the merits of his ideas?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Gub'Mint Motors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:15 am 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:42 pm
Posts: 7756
Barack Obama and the Democratic Party. You need reminding?

Republicans blast auto bailout plan
Second-ranking GOP senator Jon Kyl says the Democrats' $25 billion auto bailout would only delay "the day of reckoning."
WASHINGTON—Top Republicans heaped scorn Sunday on a plan by Democrats to spend $25 billion rescuing American automakers, raising doubts about whether the auto bailout can pass the lame-duck Congress that begins today.


And now boys and girls let's go to the wayback machine and see what mr grape had to say.
Here we go:
Quote:
and dumb, fatassed, libtard union ass holes whine about big bad evil corporations who EARN THEIR OWN PROFITS THROUGH THE PRIVATE SECTOR however when the Magic Negro does it BY SPENDING BILLIONS OF TAXPAYER MONEY he says nothing.

Nothing but a big fat blowhard hypocritical brown nosed mind fücked liberal who can't get enough of sucking democrat dick for all his free money (whatever that is) and bailouts provided for him by the taxpayers.

_________________
"Get government out of my Medicare!"- A typical conservative moron who votes republican


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Gub'Mint Motors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:36 am 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:19 pm
Posts: 13802
I don't support George Bush bailing out ANY private corporation.

So are you going to demand that GM fork over a big share of their profits?

_________________
Has Obama ever won a free and fair election based on the merits of his ideas?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Gub'Mint Motors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:42 am 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:42 pm
Posts: 7756
Quote:
I don't support George Bush bailing out ANY private corporation

Actually it was a loan and GM has paid most of it back. I bet you didn't know that.

_________________
"Get government out of my Medicare!"- A typical conservative moron who votes republican


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Gub'Mint Motors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:59 am 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:19 pm
Posts: 13802
edge540 wrote:
Actually it was a loan and GM has paid most of it back.


do you have proof of this?

_________________
Has Obama ever won a free and fair election based on the merits of his ideas?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Gub'Mint Motors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:44 am 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:42 pm
Posts: 7756
The voters will remember next fall what party is FOR the middle class working people and who is against the working man.

GM posts record profit 2 years after bankruptcy
Quote:
GM has repaid loans it received, and the Treasury got most of the proceeds of its record initial public offering in November 2010. But Treasury still holds about a third of the company's shares, which are trading below its IPO price, and GM has yet to return $25.5 billion of the money it received.

Shares would have to roughly double, to above $50 a share, for taxpayers to break even on the bailout. Taxpayers fell about $1.3 billion short on the Chrysler bailout.

But even if the bailouts are not repaid directly by GM and Chrysler, there are estimates that taxpayers are better off for the bailouts.

The federal assistance probably saved about 1.5 million jobs, according to an estimate from the Center for Automotive Research, and prevented GM, Chrysler and many U.S. parts suppliers from being forced out of business, which would have been a huge blow for tax revenue. All the major U.S. automakers are again hiring, and further job gains are forecast in the coming years.





http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/16/news/co ... /index.htm

_________________
"Get government out of my Medicare!"- A typical conservative moron who votes republican


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Gub'Mint Motors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:52 am 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:19 pm
Posts: 13802
edge540 wrote:
The voters will remember next fall what party is FOR the middle class working people and who is against the working man.

GM posts record profit 2 years after bankruptcy
Quote:
GM has repaid loans it received, and the Treasury got most of the proceeds of its record initial public offering in November 2010. But Treasury still holds about a third of the company's shares, which are trading below its IPO price, and GM has yet to return $25.5 billion of the money it received.

Shares would have to roughly double, to above $50 a share, for taxpayers to break even on the bailout. Taxpayers fell about $1.3 billion short on the Chrysler bailout.

But even if the bailouts are not repaid directly by GM and Chrysler, there are estimates that taxpayers are better off for the bailouts.

The federal assistance probably saved about 1.5 million jobs, according to an estimate from the Center for Automotive Research, and prevented GM, Chrysler and many U.S. parts suppliers from being forced out of business, which would have been a huge blow for tax revenue. All the major U.S. automakers are again hiring, and further job gains are forecast in the coming years.





http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/16/news/co ... /index.htm


this is your proof?

_________________
Has Obama ever won a free and fair election based on the merits of his ideas?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Gub'Mint Motors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:13 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:42 pm
Posts: 7756
I know, I know, conservatives hate facts.
Romney Doubles Down Against Auto Bailout and UAW Amid Automakers' Record Success

_________________
"Get government out of my Medicare!"- A typical conservative moron who votes republican


Last edited by edge540 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Gub'Mint Motors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:14 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:19 pm
Posts: 13802
edge540 wrote:



find one first

_________________
Has Obama ever won a free and fair election based on the merits of his ideas?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Gub'Mint Motors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:18 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:42 pm
Posts: 7756
Here's the best part, both Mittens & Santorum are on record as being against the bailout.

_________________
"Get government out of my Medicare!"- A typical conservative moron who votes republican


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Gub'Mint Motors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:18 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:19 pm
Posts: 13802
edge540 wrote:
Here's the best part, both Mittens & Santorum are on record as being against the bailout.


why are we bailing out unions again?

perhaps you could refresh our memory

_________________
Has Obama ever won a free and fair election based on the merits of his ideas?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Gub'Mint Motors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:20 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:42 pm
Posts: 7756
The US auto industry was saved. Over 1.5 million jobs were saved.

_________________
"Get government out of my Medicare!"- A typical conservative moron who votes republican


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Gub'Mint Motors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:22 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:19 pm
Posts: 13802
edge540 wrote:
The US auto industry was saved. Over 1.5 million jobs were saved.


really?

then why are these ''employees'' getting a 7k profit sharing check?

_________________
Has Obama ever won a free and fair election based on the merits of his ideas?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Gub'Mint Motors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:27 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:42 pm
Posts: 7756
Poor Mittens...

Quote:
That bang and scream you just heard was Romney 2012 shooting itself square in the foot.
To understand how bad this is for Romney, first consider the impact of those bonus checks financially: For most of us 99%'ers $7k is a LOT of money, especially if it comes all at one time. It could represent a year's tuition at a community college, or a semester at the State U for your kid. It's about half a new car or a decent down payment on a home (hell in some places in Detroit it's enough to BUY a home outright, and still have money left over).

Now, since there are about 47,000 Union workers employed by GM, that means the bonus payout will total about $329,000,000.00 which, added all at once to the economy will very like have on HELL of a stimulus effect, particularly in economically depressed areas like Detroit and Cleveland; and it won't cost taxpayers a dime.

Then consider the moral and political statement it makes. UAW rank and file workers made concessions and put "sweat equity" into saving GMr, and now they are seeing a real and tangible reward for their sacrifice. GM's rising tide is indeed lifting ALL boats not just a select. It gives you the same kind of warm and fuzzy feeling that Eastwood's "General Patton meets Coach Taylor" Halftime In America Speech does, a feeling that we are all in this together and we CAN do this.

But according to Mitt Romney it was all a horrible mistake.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/02/1 ... y-Michigan

_________________
"Get government out of my Medicare!"- A typical conservative moron who votes republican


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Gub'Mint Motors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:29 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:19 pm
Posts: 13802
edge540 wrote:
Quote:
That bang and scream you just heard was Romney 2012 shooting itself square in the foot.
To understand how bad this is for Romney, first consider the impact of those bonus checks financially: For most of us 99%'ers $7k is a LOT of money, especially if it comes all at one time. It could represent a year's tuition at a community college, or a semester at the State U for your kid. It's about half a new car or a decent down payment on a home (hell in some places in Detroit it's enough to BUY a home outright, and still have money left over).

Now, since there are about 47,000 Union workers employed by GM, that means the bonus payout will total about $329,000,000.00 which, added all at once to the economy will very like have on HELL of a stimulus effect, particularly in economically depressed areas like Detroit and Cleveland; and it won't cost taxpayers a dime.

Then consider the moral and political statement it makes. UAW rank and file workers made concessions and put "sweat equity" into saving GMr, and now they are seeing a real and tangible reward for their sacrifice. GM's rising tide is indeed lifting ALL boats not just a select. It gives you the same kind of warm and fuzzy feeling that Eastwood's "General Patton meets Coach Taylor" Halftime In America Speech does, a feeling that we are all in this together and we CAN do this.

But according to Mitt Romney it was all a horrible mistake.



so the union and the company have absolutely no responsibility to maintain their business.

every time they get in trouble the gub'mint will just hand over the money.

UAW rank and file workers made concessions and put "sweat equity" into saving GMr, and now they are seeing a real and tangible reward for their sacrifice.

the most ridiculous statement I've read in some time...

_________________
Has Obama ever won a free and fair election based on the merits of his ideas?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group