Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: McDermott Seeks to Run the EC Machine
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:15 am 

EAST CHICAGO | Hammond Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr. is pushing to remove East Chicago Mayor George Pabey from his leadership of the city's Democratic precinct organization in the wake of Pabey's indictment on a public corruption charge.

McDermott, the Lake County Democratic chairman, said Feb. 9, "I hope Mayor Pabey will step down. This is an important election cycle for Democrats, and George Pabey has bigger problems on his plate. He needs to worry about the criminal charges pending against him and voluntarily step aside."

"(Pabey) hasn't had any communication with Tom McDermott. He doesn't feel comfortable commenting on that," Damian Rico, a spokesman for Pabey, said.

If Pabey does step down temporarily, McDermott said he would run this city's organization in Pabey's absence. "I will fill vacancies and work with people to run fairly. If he clears his name, we will give it back to him a day later," McDermott said.
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/foreign-la ... 5d83f.html

Maybe this makes more sense if McDermott were not an elected official in another city. But this idea reeks of the appearance of evil! Pabey doesn't care about the citizens he was elected to represent. In all these years he doesn't even show up for city council meetings. I wonder how many hours a week he even spends in the city limits. And of those few hours how many are spent in his office and how many are spent at a certain establishment which just happens to serve alcohol. If he did care about East Chicago or the reputation of the Democratic Party he would have resigned from office so that city government could function. From what I've read with the mayor in the midst of this mess of his own doing the city is at best in limbo.

Hey George don't you dare resign nothin for nothin. The GOP thanks you for sending the voters their way.

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.

Post subject: Re: McDermott Seeks to Run the EC Machine
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:53 am 

Oh really?

So let me get this right, Pabey is bad for the party, yet Seaton is not.

Go figure

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:18 pm 

mike3775 wrote:
Oh really?

So let me get this right, Pabey is bad for the party, yet Seaton is not.

Go figure

Lets add Pabey, Seaton and McDermott... everyone happy?

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:20 pm 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers McDermott's comments when Pabey was indicted.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:57 pm 

freetime wrote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers McDermott's comments when Pabey was indicted.

Yeah, and now McDermott will be picking the replacement. I wish the people of East Chicago could have a special election. :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:37 pm 

Could you just image the uproar if McDermott picks a Cantral or - OMG - a Pastrick?? :lol:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:17 pm 

I wonder if he will go all blago on this, except avoid using the phone to do it

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:12 am 

Why use the phone when he has Fowler to run his errands in his rusty old city truck? Let him take all the risks and have plausible deniability. I'd mention using Mailman but mail fraud is a Federal crime. LMAO

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:33 am 

Looks like Pabey STILL isn't willing to surrender.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake ... efa30.html

OMG both Pabey and the City Council President Medina in bed together? Well that certainly explains a few shady deals we've seen reported. If the precinct committeemen of EC REALLY know what's good for them they will squash the Pabey machine ASAP.

Someone in another thread pointed out at least there were no bodies, then someone else pointed out he thought he would beat the rap. We now have alleged threats being made by the city machine. As was said, no bodies "yet." ;)