Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, several wounded
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:14 pm 

happy jack wrote:
And a question for you, chuckmo: If that day was, as you say, an " important day for the mourners and survivors", and that "the media is going to be everywhere", why did Barry choose that day to make the speech?
Is it possible that He is, as you say, a "media whore"?

Quote:
The President, invited to the event by university officials, will fly from the Washington D.C. area on Wednesday afternoon with First Lady Michelle Obama and is set to return the same evening.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/100269/20110112/obama-s-arizona-shooting-victims-speech-set-for-prime-time.htm

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
But ya wanna really know what stinks?...at what was supposed to be a solemn occasion memorializing the dead, all the obamabots were cheering and clapping when that clown waltzed in....

Quote:
HUME: I just wanted to add, I think that the president prepared this speech in the expectation this would be indeed a memorial service. I think it ended up being nothing of the kind. This was much more of a pep rally, and perhaps that is precisely what the people of Tucson and the people of this region needed.

http://mediamatters.org/research/201101130011
Even one of yours is not complaining about it..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:19 pm 

I'll tell you who wasn't there:
Speaker Boehner turned down trip to Tucson to attend RNC fundraiser
Quote:
Speaker Boehner was invited to join all of them, but declined the invitation to stay in Washington for a Republican National Committee event.

http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-national/speaker-boehner-turned-down-trip-to-tucson-to-attend-rnc-fundraiser

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:23 pm 

OH SO TYPICAL.... Can't you feel the love from the compassionate conservatives
Quote:
Malkin: "Native American Gives Rambling Speech While Holding A Feather...Mercy." On a January 12 blog post covering the rally, Michelle Malkin wrote

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:09 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Quote:
Malkin: "Native American Gives Rambling Speech While Holding A Feather...Mercy." On a January 12 blog post covering the rally, Michelle Malkin wrote

Of course, chuckmo, any memorial service worth its salt needs to include a blessing of the reptiles and a prayer to all four doors of the building.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:33 pm 

http://michellemalkin.com/
Blame Righty: A condensed history

By Michelle Malkin • January 14, 2011 08:54 AM

On Monday, as the progressive smear machine worked overtime to pin the horrific Tucson massacre on conservatives and to squelch political opposition by targeting Tea Party/limited-government rhetoric, I published “The progressive “climate of hate:” An illustrated primer, 2000-2010.”
Today’s column provides another primer for the amnesia-wracked blamestream media on just how widespread the Blame Righty meme has been over the past two years. Regular readers of this blog are well aware of this expanding litany outlined below. You are also well aware of the cunning ability of the Left to hinder exposure of this sordid history by accusing its chroniclers and whistle-blowers of “playing the victim.” Sarah Palin is the most prominent conservative to encounter this tactic, but she is by no means the first conservative public figure to experience it. Kabuki outrage over her use of the term “blood libel” is an intended distraction from the history outlined below that undergirds her message. The political speech suppressors have honed their craft long and well.
The solution isn’t to “tone it down” and turn the other cheek, but to confront them forcefully with the facts — and to fight back unapologetically against insidious efforts to diminish the law-abiding, constitutionally-protected, peaceful, vigorous political speech and activism of the Right in the name of repressive “civility.”

Blame Righty: A condensed history

by Michelle Malkin
Creators Syndicate
Copyright 2010

I agree with President Obama. When it comes to politicizing random violence, he and his supporters have been “far too eager to lay the blame for all that ails the world at the feet of those who think differently than” they do. Recognition is the first step toward reconciliation. It’s time to recognize the poisonous pervasiveness of the Blame Righty meme.
For the past two years, Democrat officials, liberal activists, and journalists have jumped to libelous conclusions about individual shooting sprees committed by mentally unstable loners with incoherent delusions all over the ideological map. The White House now pledges to swear off “pointing fingers or assigning blame.” Alas, the Obama administration’s political and media foot soldiers have proven themselves incapable of such restraint.
In April 2009, a disgruntled, unemployed loser shot and killed three Pittsburgh police officers in a horrifying bloodbath. The gunman, Richard Poplawski, was a dropout from the Marines who threw a food tray at a drill instructor and had beaten his girlfriend. Was this deranged shooter who pulled the trigger to blame? Nope. Despite evidence that Poplawski’s homicidal, racist tendencies manifested themselves years before Obama took office, lefty publications asserted that the real culprits of the spree were the “heated, apocalyptic rhetoric of the anti-Obama forces” (according to mainstream liberal Atlantic Monthly pundit Andrew Sullivan), along with Fox News and Glenn Beck (according to mainstream liberal journalist Steve Benen of the Washington Monthly online).
That same month, a sick, evil man named Jiverly Voong ambushed an immigration center in Binghamton, New York. Recently fired from his job, Voong murdered 13 people, critically wounded four others, and then committed suicide. The instant psychologists of the Left knew nothing about the disgruntled man of Vietnamese descent of undetermined political affiliation. But within hours of the shooting, liberal mega-website Huffington Post commenters had overwhelmingly convicted GOP Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, the National Rifle Association, Fox News, Lou Dobbs, and yours truly. Liberal radio host Alan Colmes pointed his finger at the “huge anti–immigrant backlash in this country” – never mind that tens of millions of legal immigrants and naturalized citizens have coped with hardship, overcome racism, and embraced assimilation without going bloody bonkers.
In June 2009, a depraved, elderly anti-Semite named James von Brunn gunned down a security guard at the Holocaust Museum in D.C. Washington Post blogger Greg Sargent and lefty Center for American Progress think-tank fellow Matthew Yglesias immediately invoked the Obama administration’s report on right-wing extremism, leading to a wider chorus of condemnations against the Tea Party, talk radio, and the entire GOP. The truth? Von Brunn was an unstable, equal-opportunity hater and 9/11 Truther conspiracy loon who bashed Jews and Christians, George W. Bush and Fox News, and had also threatened the conservative Weekly Standard magazine.
In late August 2009, as lawmakers faced citizen revolts at health care town halls nationwide, the Colorado Democratic Party decried a window-smashing vandalism attack at its Denver headquarters. The state party chair, Pat Waak, singled out Tea Party activists and blamed “people opposed to health care” for the attack. The perpetrator, Maurice Schwenkler, turned out to be a far Left transgender activist/single-payer anarchist who had worked for a labor union-tied political committee and canvassed for a Democrat candidate.
In September 2009, Bill Sparkman, a federal U.S. Census worker, was found dead in a secluded rural Kentucky cemetery with the word “Fed” scrawled on his chest with a rope around his neck. The Atlantic Monthly’s Andrew Sullivan rushed to indict “Southern populist terrorism, whipped up by the GOP and its Fox and talk radio cohorts” in an online magazine post titled “No Suicide,” which decried the “Kentucky lynching.” Liberal author Richard Benjamin blamed “anti-government” bile. New York magazine fingered conservative talk radio giant Rush Limbaugh, “conservative media personalities, websites, and even members of Congress.” So, who killed Bill Sparkman? Bill Sparkman. He killed himself and deliberately manufactured a hate crime hoax as part of an insurance scam to benefit his surviving son.
In February 2010, ticking time-bomb professor Amy Bishop gunned down three of her colleagues at University of Alabama-Huntsville and suicide pilot Joseph Andrew Stack flew a stolen small plane into an Austin, Texas, office complex that contained an Internal Revenue Service office. Mainstream journalists from Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capehart to Time magazine reporter Hilary Hylton leaped forward to tie the crimes to Tea Party rhetoric. Never mind that Bishop was an Obama-worshiping academic with a lifelong history of violence or that Stack was another Bush-hater outraged about everything from George W. Bush to the American medical system to the evils of capitalism to the city of Austin, the Catholic Church, and airlines.
In May 2010, liberal New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg tried to preemptively pin the Times Square bombing attempt on “someone with a political agenda that doesn’t like the health care bill or something.” The culprit was unrepentant Muslim jihadist Faisal Shahzad.
In August 2010, Democrat supporters of Missouri Rep. Russ Carnahan blamed a “firebombing” at the congressman’s St. Louis office on Tea Party suspects. The real perpetrator? Disgruntled progressive activist Chris Powers, enraged over a paycheck dispute.
President Obama wisely counseled the nation this week at the Tucson massacre memorial that “Bad things happen, and we must guard against simple explanations in the aftermath.” But as the progressive Left’s smear-stained recent history shows, criminalizing conservatism is a hard habit to break.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:00 pm 

happy jack wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
Quote:

Of course, chuckmo, any memorial service worth its salt needs to include a blessing of the reptiles and a prayer to all four doors of the building.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Not too much different that going to a church that swings around incense and rings bells

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:14 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Not too much different that going to a church that swings around incense and rings bells

No, it's not much different, but at least some of the victims embraced "a church that swings around incense and rings bells", while none of them embraced a religion that blesses lizards.
The ceremony was, at the very least, (for lack of a better term) faith-inappropriate.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:30 pm 

happy jack wrote:
chuckwad48 wrote:

No, it's not much different, but at least some of the victims embraced "a church that swings around incense and rings bells", while none of them embraced a religion that blesses lizards.
The ceremony was, at the very least, (for lack of a better term) faith-inappropriate.

Poor chuckie has such a hatred for God and Country.

I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up a political rally somewhere to vent his hatred.

:shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:17 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
I'll tell you who wasn't there:
Speaker Boehner turned down trip to Tucson to attend RNC fundraiser
Quote:
Speaker Boehner was invited to join all of them, but declined the invitation to stay in Washington for a Republican National Committee event.

http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-national/speaker-boehner-turned-down-trip-to-tucson-to-attend-rnc-fundraiser

Perhaps Boehner, unlike Barry, is not a media whore.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:05 pm 

edited

Last edited by paul87920 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:41 pm 

paul87920 wrote:
What are you talking about? I mean you've got to be kidding right? Presidents show up to these things and give speeches. (9/11, Oklahoma City, Challenger disaster, ect) Also, I'd like to know how someone as high profile as the president could possibly even avoid the media because I imagine a recovering "media whore" should... avoid the media.

Of course I’m kidding, and of course the President had to show up – I realize that. My comment was made only to illustrate the blithering idiocy of chuckmo’s comments claiming that Sarah Palin is a media whore simply for defending herself against unscrupulous, disingenuous, transparent liars such as himself in a situation that was of neither her choosing nor her making.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:41 am 

edited

Last edited by paul87920 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:37 pm 

Just look, chuckmo – your lies, and the lies of your fellow travellers, caused one of the victims even more grief than he would have had to endure if you all had just kept your damn mouths shut until you had at least the slightest idea what caused Loughner to shoot.
Good job.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41094534/ns ... nd_courts/

Tucson shooting victim detained at taping of TV special
'You're dead,' man yells while photographing Tea Party spokesman
-
TUCSON, Ariz. — A Tucson mass shooting victim was taken into custody Saturday after yelling "you're dead" at a Tea Party spokesman during the taping of an ABC-TV town hall event hosted by Christianne Amanpour.
The Pima County Sheriff's Office said J. Eric Fuller, 63, was involuntarily committed to an undisclosed medical facility, NBC News reported. The Associated Press said he was undergoing a psychiatric evaluation.
He faces charges of threats and intimidation and disorderly conduct, according to Tucson TV station KGUN.
The gathering for "After the Tragedy: An American Conversation Continued," to be shown as a special edition of "This Week" Sunday, included witnesses, first responders, victims and heroes of the Jan. 8 mass shooting that killed six and wounded 13 others, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz.
Local officials and others also packed St. Odilia's Catholic Church in northwest Tucson, where the show was taped.
KGUN reported that Fuller took exception to comments by Republican state Rep. Terri Proud and Tucson Tea Party spokesman Trent Humphries.
Fuller was in the front row and apparently became upset when Humphries suggested that any conversations about gun control should be delayed until all the dead were buried, KGUN reported.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:04 am 

happy jack wrote:
KGUN.

Better to have one and not need it, than to need one and not have it.

Yes?

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next