Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: OBAMA JOBS
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:00 am 

Quote:
Ex-Solyndra Staff To Get $13,000
Each In TAA Federal Aid

Investor's Business Daily, by Sean Higgins

The Labor Department today announced that it had approved Trade Adjustment Assistance for the former employees of the bankrupt solar panel maker Solyndra.

That means all of the firm’s 1,100 ex-employees are eligible for federal aid packages, including job retraining and income assistance. The department has valued packages at about $13,000 a head.

Taxpayers will have to cough up yet another $14.3 million as a result of Solyndra’s bankruptcy. They are already on the hook for $528 million in federal loan guarantees to the company that are unlikely to ever be paid back.

The department’s decision also bodes well for a trade complaint made against China by a coalition of domestic solar panel makers. The request for the TAA was based on the claim that Solyndra failed because China was underselling U.S. manufacturers. By granting the assistance, the Labor Department has indicated it believes those charges have at least some merit.

The announcement was made quietly today by the DOL’s Employment and Training Administration on its website. The decision was reached Friday.

http://blogs.investors.com/capitalhill/ ... ederal-aid

While the worthless idiot takes good care of his campaign donors take a look what he does to the military.

Every time I see this clown or his wife pretending to support our soldiers it makes me sick.

Quote:
Military advocates decry ‘illegal’ early terminations of 157 Air Force majors
Daily Caller, by Caroline Ma
y

The Chapman University of Military Law and its associated AMVETS Legal Clinic are blowing the whistle on what they say is an injustice set to be perpetrated on 157 Air Force majors on the last day of November. “The Obama administration has ordered massive reductions in forces, resulting in many officers who are near retirement being involuntarily separated without retirement or medical benefits,” explained institute director Maj. Kyndra Rotunda. The Department of Defense specifies that service members within six years of retirement normally would be retained and allowed

http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/25/milit ... ce-majors/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:03 pm 

While the worthless idiot takes good care of his campaign donors take a look what he does to the military.

Every time I see this clown or his wife pretending to support our soldiers it makes me sick.

That reminds me. I heard about a charity effort to supply soldiers in the field with needed gear that the gobernment is behind on. Example, a field hospital had no supplies because it got bombed. Not even stethoscopes! They were told it would take 6 weeks to resupply. This agency got it to them in 2 weeks. Meanwhile we got plenty of resources to send Michelle and her cast of clowns on an around the world feeding frenzy. I hear she's in the mood for Chinese now. :lol:

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:46 pm 

Regionite wrote:

That reminds me. I heard about a charity effort to supply soldiers in the field with needed gear that the gobernment is behind on. Example, a field hospital had no supplies because it got bombed. Not even stethoscopes! They were told it would take 6 weeks to resupply. This agency got it to them in 2 weeks. Meanwhile we got plenty of resources to send Michelle and her cast of clowns on an around the world feeding frenzy. I hear she's in the mood for Chinese now. :lol:

Now that Dumbo is pulling ALL of our troops out of Iraq, what effect do you think that will have on unemployment?

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:48 pm 

Frankly given his track record I think I'd rather bring em home. Would probably feel different if he were not President but with him in charge better safe than sorry. A shame to have wasted all that blood, sweat, & tears but it could get way worse all too quick and let's face it this guy is an idiot on foreign policy.

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:39 am 

Oh no, bad news for the ODS morons:
US unemployment drops to 8.6%

By Shannon Bond in New York

The US unemployment rate unexpectedly dropped to 8.6 per cent in November, the lowest in two and a half years, while employment growth accelerated in a further sign that the uneven recovery has regained some vigour.

US employers added 120,000 jobs in November, according to the labour department, compared with economists’ expectations of 125,000 new positions. Figures for September and October were also revised higher to show an additional 72,000 workers were added to payrolls.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:44 am 

edge540 wrote:
Oh no, bad news for the ODS morons:
US unemployment drops to 8.6%

Yeah right.

It dropped because 315,000 unemployed people have been dropped from unemployment insurance because they have exhausted 2+ years of extended benefits and no longer count as unemployed anymore and then a few lucky people got a seasonal/holiday part time job at minimum wage and this ass hole thinks DUMBO is a god for it and has saved the nation.

go back to Sarah Palins emails and Herman Cains sex life edge.

you weren't so pathetic then and didn't show your ignorance so much

Smoke and mirrors.

Who TF are you trying to kid edge?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:38 am 

Oh no, we have even MORE bad news for the ODS deranged Obama haters, LOL. Holy crap, manufacturing has grown for 28 straight months

Manufacturing expanded last month at faster pace

By Christopher S. Rugaber
AP Economics Writer / December 1, 2011

WASHINGTON—U.S. factories grew last month at the fastest pace since June, helped by a jump in new orders and production.

The Institute for Supply Management, a trade group of purchasing managers, said Thursday that its manufacturing index rose to 52.7 in November, up from 50.8 in October. Any reading above 50 indicates expansion.

Manufacturing has grown for 28 straight months, according to the index. Factories were among the first businesses to start growing after the recession officially ended in June 2009.

Quote:
go back to Sarah Palins emails and Herman Cains sex life edge.

No thanks, those two clowns are done.
Looks like Newt is your boy. You like Newt?
I do, I think Newt will be great GOP nominee. :smt005 ...Do you?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:55 am 
Banned

edge540 wrote:

You like Newt?
I do :smt005 ...Do you?

Angry Ed is one very, very creepy old dude....yes?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:22 pm 

Dumbo and his cohorts try to claim this as forward momentum, but it is just holiday hiring by retailers.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:32 pm 

Job market has nearly 1 in 5 young men living with parents

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:39 pm 

Quote:
Dumbo and his cohorts try to claim this as forward momentum, but it is just holiday hiring by retailers.

When Barry took over from the buffoon from Crawford Texas in 2009, over 750,000 jobs were being lost.
Since then Obama has created over 3 million jobs in just three years.
It took your hero George Bush 8 years to create 3 million jobs.
That's the worst jobs record in modern history.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:27 pm 
Banned

edge540 wrote:

the buffoon from Crawford Texas in 2009, George Bush

Angry Ed calls criticism of the sitting president ODS....yet he's still fixated on a guy who hasn't been in office for 3 years. Now THAT is an uncontrolled angry obsession.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:50 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:

When Barry took over from the buffoon from Crawford Texas in 2009, over 750,000 jobs were being lost.
Since then Obama has created over 3 million jobs in just three years.
It took your hero George Bush 8 years to create 3 million jobs.
That's the worst jobs record in modern history.

20 quick things

1 The Democratic Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.
2 January 3rd, 2007 , the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress:
3 The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77
4 The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%
5 The Unemployment rate was 4.6%
6 George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB CREATION!
7 Remember that day...
8 January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee.
9 The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy?
10 BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!
11 THANK YOU DEMOCRATS (especially Barney ) for taking us from 13,000 DOW, 3.5 GDP and 4.6% Unemployment...to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from YOUR Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac FIASCOES!
12 (BTW: Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie -starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy). Barney blocked it and called it a "Chicken Little Philosophy" (and the sky did fall!)
13 And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac? OBAMA
14 And who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie?
15 OBAMA and the Democrat Congress, especially BARNEY !!!!
16 So when someone tries to blame Bush...
17 REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007.... THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!"
18 Bush may have been in the car but the Democrats were in charge of the gas pedal and steering wheel they were driving the economy into the ditch.
19 Budgets do not come from the White House.. They come from Congress and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democratic Party.
20 Furthermore, the Democrats controlled the budget process for 2008 & 2009 as well as 2010 & 2011.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:08 pm 

the real number is somewhere around 16%.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:13 pm 

Quote:
6 George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB CREATION!

Oh yeah, bragging about 3 million jobs in 8 years is really something to brag about, LOL. More than 23 million under Bubba.

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record
WSJ Staff
President George W. Bush entered office in 2001 just as a recession was starting, and is preparing to leave in the middle of a long one. That’s almost 22 months of recession during his 96 months in office.

His job-creation record won’t look much better. The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton‘s administration and only slightly better than President George H.W. Bush did in his four years in office.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/01/ ... on-record/

Never mind the 4,500 US troops in body bags from Iraq.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 38  Next