Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Obama Seeks Vets Money
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:24 am 

An interesting factoid appears in a Memorial Day story in the front page of the Times.

Surprised none of you brought this up. since you've been so vocal about how Obama conducts himself with kids and law enforcement.
Did you know Obama wants to increase what has been spent on Veterans Affairs in each of the past 30 years. That would include the Bush/Cheney years, when vets got a lot of lip service and little else for their troubles.

Here's what today's story says:

Obama and his wife, Michelle, have made veterans and military families a priority during his young administration. Obama's budget proposed the largest single-year funding increase in the last three decades to revamp the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Obama and his wife, Michelle, have made veterans and military families a priority during his young administration. Obama's budget proposed the largest single-year funding increase in the last three decades to revamp the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Post subject: Re: Obama Seeks Vets Money
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:36 am 

freetime wrote:
An interesting factoid appears in a Memorial Day story in the front page of the Times.

Surprised none of you brought this up. since you've been so vocal about how Obama conducts himself with kids and law enforcement.
Did you know Obama wants to increase what has been spent on Veterans Affairs in each of the past 30 years. That would include the Bush/Cheney years, when vets got a lot of lip service and little else for their troubles.

Here's what today's story says:

That's a good thing.
And I know that it's a good thing because you posted it twice.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:54 am 

Bin Obama is giving money to the Department of Veterans Affairs for revamping.

That, in and of itself, is meaningless.

What the GOVERNMENT Agency does with the money will be the test.

Look to the scandal that happened at Walter Reed Medical for example.
Veterans were not neglected due to a lack of funding.
They were neglected because the GOVERNMENT is running the place.

If throwing money at something is the way to improve it, why are so many well-funded school systems churning out "educted" idiots that can't even spell?

I axe you why?

:smt005 :smt006

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:21 am 

USMarine wrote:
Bin Obama is giving money to the Department of Veterans Affairs for revamping.

That, in and of itself, is meaningless.

What the GOVERNMENT Agency does with the money will be the test.

Look to the scandal that happened at Walter Reed Medical for example.
Veterans were not neglected due to a lack of funding.
They were neglected because the GOVERNMENT is running the place.

If throwing money at something is the way to improve it, why are so many well-funded school systems churning out "educted" idiots that can't even spell?

I axe you why?

:smt005 :smt006

Pretty funny response there,SFB's. Your idea of intelligent debate is to post cartoon pictures and words like "axe", while pretending you own a successful business.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:09 am 

freetime wrote:

If and when the money ever actually gets to Disabled Veterans as you seem to imply it will please remember to let me know......

All this POS is doing here is creating more red tape gub'mint jobs for the worthless welfare parasites who voted for him....this will in no way benefit the veterans.

There are some stupid, ...stupid.... people....out there

Last edited by Moby Grape on Tue May 26, 2009 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:10 am 

Quote:
Pretty funny response there,SFB's. Your idea of intelligent debate is to post cartoon pictures and words like "axe", while pretending you own a successful business.

And also pointing out typo's while making them themselves which of course makes them look like complete hypocrits & jackasses.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:18 am 
Banned

oldlyingturd540 wrote:

And also pointing out typo's while making them themselves which of course makes them look like complete hypocrits & jackasses.

OLT540 conveniently misses the point that everyone else here seems to get.
This obnoxious and senile old prick gets his misspellings pointed out because his entire routine consists of questioning the intellect of his dozens of detractors, period. We are treated to "stupid, moron, ignorant, and brainstem" on an insufferably repetitive basis.
Given that he continually questions the intellect of anyone who dares to question his bullshit..................he's either too f***in stupid or too f***in lazy to make sure and check that the most basic evidence of his own intellect is up to speed.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:26 am 

censorthis wrote:
oldlyingturd540 wrote:

OLT540 conveniently misses the point that everyone else here seems to get.
This obnoxious and senile old prick gets his misspellings pointed out because his entire routine consists of questioning the intellect of his dozens of detractors, period. We are treated to "stupid, moron, ignorant, and brainstem" on an insufferably repetitive basis.
Given that he continually questions the intellect of anyone who dares to question his bullshit..................he's either too f***in stupid or too f***in lazy to make sure and check that the most basic evidence of his own intellect is up to speed.

Judging from his posts the last couple of days, I would say the guy is growing increasingly unstable. It's funny to watch and I really think he believes people take him serious and he makes a difference. The poor dude is as delusional as sporkles the pious and every bit as ignorant as well.

Typical.

:smt003 :smt006

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:32 am 

freetime wrote:

If and when the money ever actually gets to Disabled Veterans as you seem to imply it will please remember to let me know......

All this POS is doing here is creating more red tape gub'mint jobs for the worthless welfare parasites who voted for him....this will in no way benefit the veterans.

He can imply all he wants and you can believe all YOU want but this user will not help veterans in any way shape or form...it's all talk....you think a dim congress will let him spend money?...how about that stupid guilt trip he tried to lay on us during Memeorial Day ranting about WE don't help our vets.....

MAYBE HE DOESN'T BUT I DO...and so so a lot of other people I know...HE DOES NOT SPEAK FOR US NOR DOES HE APOLOGIZE FOR US...this guy is hustler nothing more...and I for one am sick and tired of this loser traipsing around shooting his mouth off saying ''we're sorry '' at every turn to every country and then wants more f***in money...

Now what WE witnessed on Poppy Day was revolting...most of the NON GIVERS had Obama stickers still on their car as we watched them roll up their windows...they even spit at one guy we had on the corner. as they drove by...

anyone who believes this clown will help veterans contact me.... I have a bridge for sale.....

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:15 pm 

I think this country SHOULD adequately fund services for vets.
You'd think that chickenhawk Cheney would have seen that was done when he was in power, since he fashions himself as such a military expert.
Instead, it is up to Obama to provide the needed money to properly take care of these vets when they get back home.
Thank god we have a president with some compassion now.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:19 pm 

freetime wrote:
You'd think that chickenhawk Cheney would have seen that was done when he was in power, since he fashions himself as such a military expert.
Instead, it is up to Obama to provide the needed money to properly take care of these vets when they get back home.

This is all just a smokescreen from the White House. Isn't Obama's administration the same one that labeled returning War Veterans POTENTIAL TERRORISTS??? :evil:

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:21 pm 

freetime wrote:

Your lower case 'god' sticks out like a sore thumb to someone like me.

Yeah, thank your god while you can. My God will be here soon to take care of this entire mess the stupidity in this world has created.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:22 pm 

freetime wrote:

let me know when he gets the vets their compensation.....

all he's doing is creating MORE GODDAMN BUREAUCRACY...there's no money in this for the vets themselves...just for the hacks he decides to put in charge and give jobs to...which most likely will be ACORN cronies and welfare slugs...

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:22 pm 

Tiger1 wrote:
Isn't Obama's administration the same one that labeled returning War Veterans POTENTIAL TERRORISTS??? :evil:

yep...some ''compassion'' huh?

how can these people be so stupid?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:25 pm 

freetime wrote:

Here's what today's story says:[/size]

there's a load of horse manure....

go ask Michelle how her Gold Star Mothers groups she started BEFORE the election is going...

ask her when the last meeting she attended was..

these people are lying right to your face.

revamp the Department of Veterans Affairs