Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:03 pm 

Tiger1 wrote:
The American people have been screwed, blued, and tatooed by the traitors in D.C. :x :x :x

No I don't think so, the FACT is that lower middle income families, your cousins husband, your younger brother & your Honey have been screwed, blued, and tatooed by Mitch Daniels the Republican governor of this state, a Medical Corporation in North Carolina, a major medical insurance company & a private health insurance company.
Be sure you send them all a thank you card.

The President & the Dems didn't have a damn thing to do about that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:44 pm 

Chairman Mao wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:
The death warrants for seniors, disabled, the chronically sick, and unborn babies, has been affirmed.

I can't believe that you actually believe all of that, but then I look at your posts on the Obama is the Anti-Christ thread and I remember your agenda.

Right! Her agenda is survival.

Because of the way this all came down, because of what is yet in on the agenda it is now time to seriously consider a Constitutional convention and secession as response to the deaf ears and baldfaced lies of the Democrats in Congress and the President. If Obama is indeed the Antichrist I don't think we can prevent his plans for world domination but nobody said we should just lay down without a fight.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:10 pm 

It's actually to soon to tell how bad it will be. Signs of no more SHIP and Wallgreens not taking any more medicare going on.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:14 pm 

BTW rumor has it Obama has plans to impose a small national sales tax some time after November using a study now in progress as justification. At the very least if we don't dump the Dems we indeed will be doomed as a nation at that point. No question.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:27 pm 

http://www.in.gov/

Governor Daniels
By Phone: 317-232-4567

By Mail:
Office of the Governor
Statehouse
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204-2797

http://www.in.gov/portal/news_events/52671.htm

For immediate release: Mar 22, 2010 12:00:00 EST
Posted by: [GOV]
Phone: 317/232-1622
Email: jjankowski@gov.in.gov
Statement by Governor Daniels on passage of federal health care bill
"Our two best hopes for more jobs are investment and small business. The new 'health care' bill raises taxes drastically on both, and will harm our economic prospects badly. Hoosiers will also face higher state taxes as Medicaid rolls explode. It will raise by trillions the crushing debt we already are leaving young Americans; any claims to the contrary are worse than mistaken, they are knowingly fraudulent. In a life of optimism about America and its future, this morning I am as discouraged as I can remember being."

The governor discussed the bill's Indiana impact with reporters during a brief media availability this morning. Audio of the governor's comments can be found at this address: http://www.in.gov/gov/files/Audio/03221 ... bility.mp3

Indiana Impacts
Health Care Reform Facts

Through a massive expansion of Medicaid, half a million (500,000) new Hoosiers would become eligible, costing Hoosier taxpayers billions more in state taxes. One in four Hoosiers would be on public assistance.
The legislation mandates a costly increase in the Medicaid provider reimbursement rate to help ensure primary care doctors are available to care for this huge new influx of Medicaid patients. Unfortunately, after just two years, the state is left to pay for this costly new benefit.
The Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP) would be eliminated as the new federal rules would force the 45,000 families who are currently covered into the Medicaid fee-for-service delivery model, losing the cost saving and quality advantages of consumer-driven health care.
Many Hoosiers who currently have health insurance will pay higher premiums - the Congressional Budget Office estimates an average increase nationally of $2,100 for some families, and a study of the effects in Indiana showed premium increases ranging up to 78 percent. Premiums will continue to rise because the drivers of rising costs in the health care system are exacerbated rather than controlled by the legislation.
A growing and job-creating life sciences sector in Indiana will be hit with huge new tax increases: at least $20 billion for the device manufacturers and $90 billion for pharmaceutical companies. These costs will be passed to consumers and will result in job losses in Indiana.
A job killing tax of $2,000 per employee will be levied on many companies which cannot afford or choose not to provide coverage to their employees, including Indiana.
The costs for this massive entitlement expansion are vastly and misleadingly understated: An honest estimate would show an addition of more than a trillion dollars to the national debt.

When the government fears the People, that is Liberty.
When the People fear the Government, that is tyranny."
~ Thomas Jefferson
HOW TO FIX 2011 - REPEAT 1776

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:29 pm 

Attorney General Greg Zoeller

Attorney General reviewing options for legal challenge to health care bill (view)

http://www.in.gov/portal/news_events/52670.htm

For immediate release: Mar 22, 2010 12:00:00 EST

Posted by: [Attorney General]
Phone: (317) 233-3970
Email: Bryan.Corbin@atg.in.gov
Attorney General reviewing options for legal challenge to health care bill
Constitutionality questionable, so courts should review legislation, Zoeller says

INDIANAPOLIS - Now that the U.S. House of Representatives has passed the federal health care bill, Indiana Attorney General Greg Zoeller said he is considering the options available for legal challenges to the legislation.

Zoeller and a group of other state attorneys general nationwide have expressed concern that the federal health care legislation may be an infringement upon individual rights and state sovereignty. The Attorney General's Office is studying the legal options available to Indiana for possible legal challenges.

"There are significant constitutional questions regarding the federal government's authority raised by the legislation passed Sunday. I believe it is necessary that these ultimately be brought before the United States Supreme Court; and as Indiana Attorney General I will join in the most appropriate legal actions available to represent the significant interests of our state in this matter," Zoeller said.

In February, at the request of U.S. Senator Richard Lugar (R-IN), Zoeller prepared a 55-page report and legal analysis on the Senate version of the health care bill, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

Among other things, the Attorney General's report to Lugar found that the bill's individual mandate requiring everyone to buy health insurance or face a penalty would be unprecedented; never before has the federal government required Americans to purchase any good or service as a condition of U.S. residency.

The U.S. House on Sunday passed the Senate version of the health care bill and forwarded it on to President Obama, and at the same time the House also passed a series of clean-up measures to the bill that would be voted on again by the U.S. Senate.

State attorneys general in at least 13 other states have indicated they intend to file a legal challenge to the federal health care legislation due to the questions about its constitutionality.

NOTE:

Attorney General Zoeller's February 5 report to Senator Lugar on the Senate version of the health care bill is found here:

http://www.in.gov/portal/news_events/fi ... re_Act.pdf

When the government fears the People, that is Liberty.
When the People fear the Government, that is tyranny."
~ Thomas Jefferson
HOW TO FIX 2011 - REPEAT 1776

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:39 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:
The American people have been screwed, blued, and tatooed by the traitors in D.C. :x :x :x

No I don't think so, the FACT is that lower middle income families, your cousins husband, your younger brother & your Honey have been screwed, blued, and tatooed by Mitch Daniels the Republican governor of this state, a Medical Corporation in North Carolina, a major medical insurance company & a private health insurance company.
Be sure you send them all a thank you card.

The President & the Dems didn't have a damn thing to do about that.

They have had EVERYTHING to do with it. If this crap hadn't passed, Daniels would not have done the freeze. If this crap hadn't been ramned down our throats the past few months, over the objection of the majority of the people, none of the other things would have happened either.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:43 pm 

Mirage wrote:
Chairman Mao wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:
The death warrants for seniors, disabled, the chronically sick, and unborn babies, has been affirmed.

I can't believe that you actually believe all of that, but then I look at your posts on the Obama is the Anti-Christ thread and I remember your agenda.

Right! Her agenda is survival.

Because of the way this all came down, because of what is yet in on the agenda it is now time to seriously consider a Constitutional convention and secession as response to the deaf ears and baldfaced lies of the Democrats in Congress and the President. If Obama is indeed the Antichrist I don't think we can prevent his plans for world domination but nobody said we should just lay down without a fight.

I will fight with my last breath.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:26 pm 

Tiger1 wrote:
commie care

You have no idea what communism is, and you ought to thank your god that you never have lived in a communist nation.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:08 am 

Chairman Mao wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:
commie care

You have no idea what communism is, and you ought to thank your god that you never have lived in a communist nation.

Well let me spell it out for you. Communism means all your rights are handed down by the government. The US Constitution maintains rights are given by God. Hope this cleared it up for you Comrade.

BTW the insult to injury of the House votes on a Sunday and Christmas Eve was not lost on those who understand the above.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:39 am 

Tiger1 wrote:

They have had EVERYTHING to do with it. If this crap hadn't passed, Daniels would not have done the freeze.

BFD, so what, they will go on Medicaid:
Quote:

INDIANAPOLIS – The newly approved federal health care bill will put 500,000 more Indiana residents on Medicaid and lead to higher state taxes, Gov. Mitch Daniels said Monday, but a government insurance proponent said it will help families and businesses.

Daniels also said he was temporarily freezing some enrollment in Indiana’s medical saving accounts for low-income adults while the state determines the effects of the federal legislation. He also ordered Secretary Anne Murphy of the Family and Social Services Administration to plan for phasing out the accounts, known as the Healthy Indiana Plan.

Under the new federal legislation, people enrolled in HIP will move onto Medicaid, Daniels said.

“I see no reason to add people to the rolls of a program whose days are numbered,” Daniels said.

Lawmakers said the enrollment freeze would have little effect because it does not apply to parents of minor children, and enrollment for other adults has already been largely capped by federal rules.
Indiana has about 1.2 million people on Medicaid, the federal-state health insurance program for children and low-income adults. Daniels said the federal legislation will add half a million people to those rolls.
David Roos, director of the public health insurance advocacy group Covering Kids & Families of Indiana, said in the long term, the federal bill will provide better coverage at less cost to the state and less cost to almost everyone now enrolled in HIP and health insurance programs in other states.

“The federal health care bill will provide insurance for hundreds of thousands of low-income Hoosiers who are currently uninsured and cannot afford to pay for coverage by themselves,” Roos said.
The bill also will help businesses that currently cannot afford to provide coverage to their employees, Roos said.
http://www.journalgazette.net/article/2 ... /1006/NEWS

Quote:
If this crap hadn't been ramned down our throats the past few months, over the objection of the majority of the people, none of the other things would have happened either.

Nonsense
Tiger wrote:
Quote:
Within the last month, my cousins husband, a doctor who specializes in oncology, lost his job when the Medical Corporation he worked for in North Carolina, shuttered it's doors in anticipation of the commiecare passing.

Really? A "Medical Corporation" in North Carolina shuttered it's doors because of healthcare reform?....let's see the link, that would've been big news. The republicans, the clowns at Faux News & the bloated drug addict would've been all over this.
Funny I haven't seen anything about this "Medical Corporation" shutting down.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:11 am 

edge540 wrote:
BFD, so what, they will go on Medicaid:

wrong again dumbass...

for starters, veterans will have their Medicaid B dropped automatically because of obamacare and Walgreens is leading the pack refusing to take on ANY new Medicaid so your quip BFD, so what, they will go on Medicaid: is bullshit.

and if you have private insurance you premiums will go up right away.

and don't forget 10 billion to cover the new 16,500 new IRS agents which starts immediately...when I asked you about no new taxes you refuse dto answer or said there are no new taxes...so why 16,500 new IRS agents edge?

and right now!

while your so called benefits don't start for 4 years...

tell me again who actually benefits from this edge....

you can't.

Last edited by Moby Grape on Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:13 am 

Moby Grape wrote:

wrong again dumbass...
veterans will have their Medicaid B dropped automatically because of obamacare

Given the fact that you make up nonsense & lie, link please, thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:16 am 

edge540 wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:

wrong again dumbass...
veterans will have their Medicaid B dropped automatically because of obamacare

Given the fact that you make up nonsense & lie, link please, thanks.

it's in the bill

The American Legion is all over this.... go to their website...or ask your pals at the VFW.

Or try reading the fukkking bill you ass hole

as usual you need to have someone else do it for you....and it's because of parasite ass holes like you this happened.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:28 am 

Chairman Mao wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:
commie care

My best friend escaped from communist Poland at age 16, and came here to the U.S., and became a citizen. I heard first hand accounts about the oppression and the narrow escapes of death just for being a practicing Catholic, and refusing to join the communist party. The commies actually waited outside the churches, and intimidated, beat, or killed people who were going inside, or leaving after the church services. My friend does not like what they see going on over here, as it is starting to look like the U.S.S.R.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next