Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:14 am 

deelight wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:
Bush wanted the Patriot Act to use against terrorists and of course the liberals threw a major tantrum over it while DUMBO and company are using the widest possible interpretation of it to use it against American citizens and business and these pos hypocritical goddamn liberals and progressives say absolutely nothing.

Moby Grape wrote:
Last Tuesday the committee met to consider the worries of some members, mostly Democrats, who say the Justice Department has drafted a breathtakingly broad interpretation of Section 215 of the Patriot Act.

Your article suggests otherwise my friend.

Care to respond? Probably not. Right?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:15 am 

deelight wrote:
deelight wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:
Bush wanted the Patriot Act to use against terrorists and of course the liberals threw a major tantrum over it while DUMBO and company are using the widest possible interpretation of it to use it against American citizens and business and these pos hypocritical goddamn liberals and progressives say absolutely nothing.

Moby Grape wrote:
Last Tuesday the committee met to consider the worries of some members, mostly Democrats, who say the Justice Department has drafted a breathtakingly broad interpretation of Section 215 of the Patriot Act.

Your article suggests otherwise my friend.

Care to respond? Probably not. Right?

you ARE referring to the ''Justice Department'' headed by Eric Holder is that correct?

:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:28 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
you ARE referring to the ''Justice Department'' headed by Eric Holder is that correct?

:roll:

I'm referring to your self-contradiction within THIS post. :roll:

Moby Grape wrote:

Moby Grape wrote:

You can't have it both ways Moby. You can't bitch about Democrats being silent on an issue while posting an article that suggests that the majority of the people speaking up are in fact Democrats.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:02 am 

they're referring to the committee, which has 8 democrats and 7 republicans. TIME can spin that to their liking which I'm sure they did. And whatever beef this committee may have will go in one of Holders ears and right out the other. What I don't see is any other democrats outside of that committee in an uproar calling for an investigation as they did during Bush.

There is more to his than just the headline.

I'd like to know where you stand on this, ya know, obama tracking, collecting and using your cellphone data.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:09 am 

1. I think it's a waste of money and manpower to check everyone's cell phones.

2. My conversations would probably be very boring to whoever gets stuck with the job.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:06 am 

Quote:
Top Chicago Cop Targets Palin
Investor's Business Daily

Gun Control: Chicago's new police superintendent blames Alaska's ex-governor for inner-city gun violence and crime, and says gun-rights advocates are racist. Disarming victims doesn't prevent crime, sir.

Speaking to the choir, literally, about gun control, Garry McCarthy, former police chief of Newark, N.J., told an audience at St. Sabina Church in the Windy City about leaving a homicide scene in Newark, returning home and flipping on the TV to find an episode of "Sarah Palin's Alaska."

"She was caribou hunting and talking about the right to bear arms," McCarthy said. "Why wasn't she at the crime scene with me?"

We know. We don't see the connection between hunting and gang violence either, but gun-control advocates do.

Sarah Palin was not at that crime scene because she had nothing to do with the crime. As a defender of the Second Amendment and the right to keep and bear arms, she is like the vast majority of law-abiding gun-owning Americans who never fire or even point their gun in anger, unless someone's trying to break into their house.

McCarthy rambled on. He equated private gun ownership with what he called "government-sponsored racism" and the right to bear arms with slavery, segregation and Jim Crow laws. "Federal laws that facilitate the flow of illegal firearms into our urban centers across the country, that are killing our black and brown children," he said.

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysi ... Palin.htma
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:01 am 

Quote:
Eric Holder Feigns Ignorance of
Operation 'Fast and Furious' Now,
But He Bragged of Overseeing
Its Implementation in 2009

Big Government, by AWR Hawkins

News about Operation “Fast and Furious” is now ubiquitous. Acting ATF Director Kenneth Melson’s Fourth of July testimony to Senator Charles Grassley and Representative Darrell Issa blew the cover off what appears to be one of the biggest political cover-ups in the last 50 years.

In the middle of it is Attorney General Eric Holder, who now feigns a blissful ignorance about the whole mess: having nothing to say about its beginnings as Operation “Gunrunner” or its latest incarnation as “Fast and Furious.”

For those who might not know, Operation “Gunrunner” was the plan to sell guns to “straw purchasers” with suspected ties to the Mexican cartel. Apparently, ATF was then banking on those purchasers to walk the guns across the border into Mexico. Operation “Fast and Furious” was the plan to follow those guns until they were in cartel hands and then make apprehensions. (For the record, I concur with those who believe this was all an attempt to flood the border with weapons in order to create a degree of chaos sufficient to convince us of the supposed-need for more gun control in America.)

Anyway, the problem with Holder’s feigned ignorance is that he gave a speech in Cuernavaca, Mexico, on April 2, 2009, in which he boasted about Operation “Gunrunner” and told Mexican authorities of everything he was doing to insure its success.

Holder told the audience:

Last week, our administration launched a major new effort to break the backs of the cartels. My department is committing 100 new ATF personnel to the Southwest border in the next 100 days to supplement our ongoing Project Gunrunner, DEA is adding 16 new positions on the border, as well as mobile enforcement teams, and the FBI is creating a new intelligence group focusing on kidnapping and extortion. (Italics mine)

http://biggovernment.com/awrhawkins/201 ... n-in-2009/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:12 pm 

Quote:
Obama says Americans feel
'let down' by Washington

Washington Examiner [DC], by Hayley Peterson

President Obama conceded on Friday that the economic recovery is slowing and that American people feel that their leaders have "let them down.""Our economy as a whole just isn't producing nearly enough jobs for everybody who's looking," a subdued Obama said from the Rose Garden following reports that show a sharp decline in new job growth and an increase in unemployment.He acknowledged that Americans are frustrated with the stagnant economy and "expect us to act on every single good idea that's out there."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/bel ... z1RX5FCOsk

this guy is a real ''piece of work'' isn't he?

a monumental failure

hey sparks?...are you sucking up this new line of obamas bullshit?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:53 am 

Exactly like the Republicans said all along.

Quote:
New docs show Fast and Furious was going
to be used to justify gun control measures

American Thinker, by Rick Moran

I had seen this theory kicking around the internet for months. The Obama administration authorized Fast and Furious at least in part to make a case for stricter gun laws.

I dismissed it as just one more conspiracy theory on the net. Now I'm not so sure.

CBS News:

In Fast and Furious, ATF secretly encouraged gun dealers to sell to suspected traffickers for Mexican drug cartels to go after the "big fish." But ATF whistleblowers told CBS News and Congress it was a dangerous practice called "gunwalking," and it put thousands of weapons on the street. Many were used in violent crimes in Mexico. Two were found at the murder scene of a U.S. Border Patrol agent.

ATF officials didn't intend to publicly disclose their own role in letting Mexican cartels obtain the weapons, but emails show they discussed using the sales, including sales encouraged by ATF, to justify a new gun regulation called "Demand Letter 3". That would require some U.S. gun shops to report the sale of multiple rifles or "long guns." Demand Letter 3 was so named because it would be the third ATF program demanding gun dealers report tracing information.

On July 14, 2010 after ATF headquarters in Washington D.C. received an update on Fast and Furious, ATF Field Ops Assistant Director Mark Chait emailed Bill Newell, ATF's Phoenix Special Agent in Charge of Fast and Furious:

"Bill - can you see if these guns were all purchased from the same (licensed gun dealer) and at one time. We are looking at anecdotal cases to support a demand letter on long gun multiple sales. Thanks."

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... sures.html

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:23 am 

while our resident current events expert ignorantly blabbers on about Sarah Palins emails and Herman Cains sexual escapades....

Quote:
Obama to sign indefinite detention bill into law
Salon, by Glenn Greenwald

In one of the least surprising developments imaginable, President Obama – after spending months threatening to veto the Levin/McCain detention bill – yesterday announced that he would instead sign it into law (this is the same individual, of course, who unequivocally vowed when seeking the Democratic nomination to support a filibuster of “any bill that includes retroactive immunity for telecom[s],” only to turn around – once he had the nomination secure — and not only vote against such a filibuster, but to vote in favor of the underlying bill itself, so this is perfectly consistent with his past conduct). As a result, the final version of the Levin/McCain bill will be enshrined as law this week as part of the the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). I wrote about the primary provisions and implications of this bill last week, and won’t repeat those points here.

http://www.salon.com/2011/12/15/obama_t ... singleton/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:46 am 

Quote:
while our resident current events expert ignorantly blabbers on about Sarah Palins emails and Herman Cains sexual escapades....

Fixation -
The state in which an individual becomes obsessed with an attachment to another human, an animal, or an inanimate object

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:18 am 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:

Fixation -
The state in which an individual becomes obsessed with an attachment to another human, an animal, or an inanimate object

no comment on Obama to sign indefinite detention bill into law?

the phony solyndra scandal?

Fast and Furious?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:04 am 

Quote:

I do not agree with this bill.....and you?

Quote:

Fast and Furious?

Been there, done that. Nothing more than right-wing, partisan witch hunts that nobody gives a crap about.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:29 am 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Fast and Furious?

Been there, done that. Nothing more than right-wing, partisan witch hunts that nobody gives a crap about.

I'm willing to bet that Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry's family "gives a crap" about it.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:37 am 
Banned

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Fast and Furious?

I'm willing to bet that Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry's family "gives a crap" about it.

Stand aside Angry Ed...I can handle this...I got ya covered.

""YEAH, YOU STUPID, IGNORANT, RACIST, STUPID, IGNORANT, BIGOT, STUPID CON...WHAT ABOUT GEORGE BUSHS WAR. And BTW Jack, you stupid & ignorant braindead con....your mother wears Army boots, my dad can kick the hell out of yours, my brothers house is bigger than your brothers house, and I pay more in income tax than your whole family makes in 10...no, make it 20 years.""

How'd I do Angry Ed?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next