Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Gub'Mint Motors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:36 pm 

Quote:
then why are these ''employees'' getting a 7k profit sharing check?

Uh....they call it "profit sharing"
What part of the term,"profit sharing" is going over your head?

Oh that's right, you're a conservative....the most...ah, never mind.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:24 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:
then why are these ''employees'' getting a 7k profit sharing check?

Uh....they call it "profit sharing"
What part of the term,"profit sharing" is going over your head?

Oh that's right, you're a conservative....the most...ah, never mind.

Isn't that how they got into trouble in the first place?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:27 pm 

No

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:28 pm 

edge540 wrote:
No

then what was all this about?

edge540 wrote:
UAW rank and file workers made concessions and put "sweat equity" into saving GMr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:42 pm 

I think it's about what was negotiated in the the UAW contract.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:34 pm 

Quote:
’99% Spring’ campaign led
by UAW, computer records indicate

Daily Caller [Washington DC], by David Martosko

From April 9 to 15, “100,000 Americans will train for non-violent direct action,” promises a new website called “The 99% Spring.” But while the 43 organizations co-signing a letter on the ragtag-looking site indicate the sort of leaderless resistance characterized by the Occupy Wall Street movement, a series of files The Daily Caller downloaded from the United Auto Workers website indicate that the organized labor powerhouse is behind the effort.

The files, downloaded Sunday, include campaign talking points, a fill-in-the-blank press release template for participating organizations and an advance look at the social media campaign the organizers plan for Facebook and Twitter.

Also included is a “FYI” letter designed for endorsers to distribute, complete with a blank space at the top of the list of participating groups. Filling in a given organization’s name lends the impression that it, not the UAW, is the campaign’s driving force.

A Google cache indicates that the files were available on an unprotected area of the UAW’s web server at least as early as February 16. They disappeared from public view Monday.

“The 99% Spring” name evokes the Occupy Wall Street movement, with its repeated division of Americans into the wealthy “1%” and the poorer “99%.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/02/21/99-sp ... z1n2hkLLCH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:23 pm 

GE 'forcing' employees into CHEVY VOLTS

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:22 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
GE 'forcing' employees into CHEVY VOLTS

Also included in the drive-by post...
Quote:
The memo, sent to employees of GE Healthcare Americas team explains that all sedan, crossover, and minivan purchases in 2012 will be replaced by the Chevy Volt. Only field engineers are exempt from having to drive a company Volt.
GE will offer estimates for installation Level 2 Charging Stations, though all-gas use will be allowed when there is no electric option. Any employees who opt out of the Volt program will not be compensated for their expenses. Those who do choose to drive the Volt will be reimbursed for public charging and home charging costs, in addition to gas uses.
While some people are probably put off by having to drive a Volt, GE claims to have crunched the numbers and believes that in the long term, this will save the multi-national company big bucks

So what we have here is an employer giving their employees their work car...if they choose a Volt they will not have to pay for anything...if they opt out they will have to pay their own gas...last line says it all...GE is trying to save money...WOW this is outrageous!...But when I protest the repub-rube state government shoving their agenda down our throats; what was your response...Oh ya..."I win you lose"

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:58 pm 

Town says it owes its life to the auto bailout
Quote:
KOKOMO, Ind. — Back in this town's darkest days, Jeff Shrock, a third-generation autoworker, would cruise down the streets where he grew up, past the foreclosed homes and four giant Chrysler factories, knowing their future — and his job — were in jeopardy.

Quote:
Flash forward. The U.S. auto industry has staged an amazing comeback, and the town's largest employer, Chrysler, has pledged to invest nearly $1.3 billion into its plants here, added about 1,000 workers and helped boost Kokomo's fortunes — it was honored in 2011 by the state chamber of commerce as Community of the Year.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46531518/from/RSS/#.T0xePIePUms

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:49 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Quote:
KOKOMO, Ind. — Back in this town's darkest days, Jeff Shrock, a third-generation autoworker, would cruise down the streets where he grew up, past the foreclosed homes and four giant Chrysler factories, knowing their future — and his job — were in jeopardy.

Quote:
Flash forward. The U.S. auto industry has staged an amazing comeback, and the town's largest employer, Chrysler, has pledged to invest nearly $1.3 billion into its plants here, added about 1,000 workers and helped boost Kokomo's fortunes — it was honored in 2011 by the state chamber of commerce as Community of the Year.

I'm sure that with Dumbo's economic recovery that he has been telling us about, and gasoline at $5.00 a gallon and rising with no end in sight, there are TONS of working class Americans that are thinking about treating themselves to a nice new car.

And screw all they "rich" people with two actual American cars, you know...like Cadillacs, they can just pay higher taxes to bail out an industry full of people that hate them, just in the exact same ways that you hate rethuglicans. I think we can all just sit back and see how it works out in November.[/sarcasm]

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:48 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I'm sure that with Dumbo's economic recovery that he has been telling us about, and gasoline at $5.00 a gallon and rising with no end in sight, there are TONS of working class Americans that are thinking about treating themselves to a nice new car.

And screw all they "rich" people with two actual American cars, you know...like Cadillacs, they can just pay higher taxes to bail out an industry full of people that hate them, just in the exact same ways that you hate rethuglicans. I think we can all just sit back and see how it works out in November.[/sarcasm]

Bumpmo for chuckmo.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:49 pm 

Quote:

You betcha, Arc.
I'll be getting one of those Ford Fusions that gets 47 MPG....in the city.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/sto ... 53267222/1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:27 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
And screw all they "rich" people with two actual American cars, you know...like Cadillacs,

The point I was making with that post was that he is trying to portray himself as an "average" American to the blue collar worker...something he ain't!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:39 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
And screw all they "rich" people with two actual American cars, you know...like Cadillacs,

The point I was making with that post was that he is trying to portray himself as an "average" American to the blue collar worker...something he ain't!

Dear Stupid,

Neither is Obama.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:01 pm 

Poll: Despite Obama Boasting About Saving Detroit, Americans Still Oppose Auto Bailout 55% To 36%

Quote:
A majority of Americans think the federal government should not have helped out U.S. automakers that were in financial trouble, but rather should have allowed them to go it alone, according to a new United Technologies/National Journal Congressional Connection Poll.

Thirty-six percent of Americans think the government should have provided help, but 55 percent think “these companies should have been allowed to succeed or fail on their own,” the poll shows. The results echo other surveys, including a May 2010 poll conducted by CBS News in which a third of respondents thought the government should have helped, while 61 percent thought they should not have.

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next