Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: ClimateGate reveals 'questionable scientific practices'
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:53 pm 

Scientist Accused of Using Celeb Status Among Environmental Groups to Enrich Himself

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:13 pm 

Quote:
The Hypocrisy Of Al Gore

If the heart of your message is that the peril of climate change is so imminent and so overwhelming that the entire political and social system of the world must change, now, you cannot fly on private jets. You cannot own multiple mansions. You cannot even become enormously rich investing in companies that will profit if the policies you advocate are put into place.

It is not enough to buy carbon offsets (aka "indulgences") with your vast wealth, not enough to power your luxurious mansions with exotic low impact energy sources the average person could not afford, not enough to argue that you only needed the jet so that you could promote your earth-saving film.

Now that is what I call an "Inconvenient Truth"

Yes?

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:37 pm 

New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:28 am 

Perry calls global warming 'phony mess'

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:32 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:50 pm 

You can tell that the "Climate Change" thing is crap because not only do they change the name every few years when people start to catch on (I remember when they called it global cooling) but because Dem contributers seem to get rich off of it even when their companies fail. Money just goes poof! They outta call them in the red jobs. And don't even get me started on the profiteering by Al (do as I say not as I do) Gore and everyone else who tried to pull the wool over our eyes with the carbon credits for profit scheme.

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:16 pm 

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:26 pm 

Quote:
"It is a very similar process to what the tobacco industry was doing 30 or 40 years ago, when they wanted to delay legislation, and that is the result of research – not my subjective evaluation – by Prof Naomi Oreskes and Erik Conway."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/oct/28/ipcc-climate-science-attacks-tobacco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:45 am 

Climate skeptics are winning the battle

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:12 am 

Climate study confirms what skeptics scoffed at: global warming is real
Koch, Gates charities pay for research backing earlier claims that came under fire

Quote:
A new climate study shows that since the mid-1950s, global average temperatures over land have risen by 0.9 degrees Celsius (1.6 degrees Fahrenheit), confirming previous studies that have found a climate that has been warming – in fits and starts – since around 1900

Quote:
The latest results mirror those from earlier, independent studies by scientists at NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New York, the Hadley Center for Climate Prediction and Research in Britain, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

Quote:
Money for the new study, dubbed the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature project, came from five foundations, including one established by Microsoft founder Bill Gates and another from the Charles Koch Charitable Foundation, widely seen as a source of money for conservative organizations and initiatives that have fought efforts to curb greenhouse-gas emissions.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44996377/from/RSS/#.TqLNeZsUqso

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:11 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Koch, Gates charities pay for research backing earlier claims that came under fire

Quote:
A new climate study shows that since the mid-1950s, global average temperatures over land have risen by 0.9 degrees Celsius (1.6 degrees Fahrenheit), confirming previous studies that have found a climate that has been warming – in fits and starts – since around 1900

Quote:
The latest results mirror those from earlier, independent studies by scientists at NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New York, the Hadley Center for Climate Prediction and Research in Britain, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

Quote:
Money for the new study, dubbed the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature project, came from five foundations, including one established by Microsoft founder Bill Gates and another from the Charles Koch Charitable Foundation, widely seen as a source of money for conservative organizations and initiatives that have fought efforts to curb greenhouse-gas emissions.

Now we're back to calling it Global Warming? And we're quoting MSNBC? Get real, teacher!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:26 am 
Banned

LoisLane wrote:
Now we're back to calling it Global Warming? And we're quoting MSNBC? Get real, teacher!

He just goes from one thread to the next, gets his ass whooped, slithers off only to show up in another thread.......and on it goes.......

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:27 am 

LoisLane wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now we're back to calling it Global Warming? And we're quoting MSNBC?[/quote]
If you would have actually gone to the web site, you would have seen the article originated from The Christian Science Monitor...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:30 am 

r11 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

He just goes from one thread to the next, gets his ass whooped, slithers off only to show up in another thread.......and on it goes.......

No actually...Just enjoy showing how wrong you are....(It's a full time job; you know)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:50 am 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:
r11 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

No actually...Just enjoy showing how wrong you are....(It's a full time job; you know)

Dear Stupid...you cannot answer the most basic questions related to the topics which YOU start threads about. When you're asked an honest question about your personal position, you run from the question over 90% of the time, and the other 10% is gibberish or a quote from a 3rd party liberal source.
You're not showing anyone how wrong they are...just how incredibly stupid you happen to be.
A full time job? I'm sure you demanded a full pension and a union to represent your sorry, lazy ass.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next