Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Unions Being Asked For Concessions Throughout Country
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:39 am 

Cracks me up!!! You idiots voted for this? I guess they can't cut down the size of government or pay raises but the unions can OR lose their jobs. :smt005 :smt005 Michigan, Vegas, N.Y., California and now CHICAGO!!!! Thats right....1,600 union jobs on the line.... :smt005 :smt005 :smt006

http://www.suntimes.com/business/152957 ... 16.article

Post subject: Re: Unions Being Asked For Concessions Throughout Country
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:56 am 

comedian wrote:
Cracks me up!!! You idiots voted for this? I guess they can't cut down the size of government or pay raises but the unions can OR lose their jobs. :smt005 :smt005 Michigan, Vegas, N.Y., California and now CHICAGO!!!! Thats right....1,600 union jobs on the line.... :smt005 :smt005 :smt006

Look at Caterpillar....

wait until the union hacks working GUB'MINT JOBS watch their cushy bullshit disappear when everything is privatized....

these idiots are counting on money from Chimpy they're never gonna get....

that's what THEY got for their vote....

LOL!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:37 am 

comedian wrote:

Thats just a sign of a deflationary salary market. Salaries are being pushed down across the board, be it management, union, or low skilled worker. The principals of supply and demand at work. And one of the first signs of a depression.

The CPI came in at pretty much 0, just this week. There is a fine balance between inflation and deflation. Obviously you don't want inflation too high, but deflation is even worse. Prices drop because demand drops. Typically demand drops because people are out of work and cannot buy. The lower prices force salaries lower, which just creates a vicious circle.

Government's job gravy train is at least temporarily over. Tax revenue is falling to the states and cities, so the choice is salary cuts, layoffs, or bankruptcy.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:00 am 

Thats just a sign of a deflationary salary market.

Don't even get me started on that!

So let's see. A deflation in salaries coupled with a generally declining number of jobs. Most consumer goods being imported (need I mention the SDR issue?) and the US dollar is further weakened by overprinting dollars to give the appearance of repaying debt. This does not bode well!

So somebody explain how spending $4 trillion (even before the budget or universal healthcare) we don't even have is a good thing in any way, shape, or form? And then explain how a few dollars less in Federal income tax is more than replaced by many new state & Federal per use taxes is really a tax cut at all?

Someone said $1 trillion would be like spending $1 million a day since Jesus was born until today and you would still have a way to go to get to a $1 trillion. I've not done the math to check that claim but I think it's time to get pretty darned scared. One man said we have nothing to fear but fear itself. I disagree. There's plenty to be fearful of when your government has a blank check but you have to make it good yet have no say in where the money goes.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:20 am 

mattlap wrote:
comedian wrote:

Thats just a sign of a deflationary salary market. Salaries are being pushed down across the board, be it management, union, or low skilled worker. The principals of supply and demand at work. And one of the first signs of a depression.

The CPI came in at pretty much 0, just this week. There is a fine balance between inflation and deflation. Obviously you don't want inflation too high, but deflation is even worse. Prices drop because demand drops. Typically demand drops because people are out of work and cannot buy. The lower prices force salaries lower, which just creates a vicious circle.

Government's job gravy train is at least temporarily over. Tax revenue is falling to the states and cities, so the choice is salary cuts, layoffs, or bankruptcy.

Excuse me, but I am suggesting the size of government and THEIR pay be cut before the working man . :smt006

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:28 pm 

BTW, speaking of SDRs I hear now China is wanting to trade with a basket of currencies - but NOT including the US dollar.

Looks like the case is building for calling Obama the President who killed the US dollar. :cry:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:42 pm 

How's that hope and change thing working out for you fellas?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:50 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
How's that hope and change thing working out for you fellas?

Perhaps you'll recall that my old signature from the primaries raised questions as to whether this change was a good thing. But while we're talking about changes why not mention Obama's Cap in Trade Taxes that will by his own admission would raise your energy costs a whole lot - not just a little! Some have speculated that could be $1,000 - $2,000 per average household. So much for Obama's no new taxes for the poor pledge. ;)