Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: GOD BLESS REP. JOE WILSON
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:54 pm 

I was unaware anyone had shouted out "You lie!" during Bush's speech. I've heard booing before, in fact I heard it last night.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:33 pm 

so when did Joe Wilson lose his right to voice his opinion?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:36 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
so when did Joe Wilson lose his right to voice his opinion?

Maybe obama's next move will be to repeal the first amendment to keep folks from criticizing him in public.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:42 pm 

5700 words blabbed by DUMBO about his health care plan but these two words by Joe Wilson is all the worthless dumbocraps can talk about....

what a bunch of goddamn babies...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:26 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
So when the entire DEMOCRAT party booed President Bush in 2004 you'd agree it was the same pouting then huh?

It wasn't the entire Democratic Party. There were a number of times when the repubs booed last night. Show me a video of a dem screaming at bush calling him a liar during one of his speeches to the congress.

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:32 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
5700 words blabbed about his health care plan but these two words by Joe Wilson is all they can talk about....

So this is how you think the leaders of our country should act? Well I guess you would love to live in Brazil, Japan, or Italy where there are actual fights between members of congress. This is the kind of government you are proud to be a part of?

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:33 pm 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:

Show me a video of a dem screaming at bush calling him a liar during one of his speeches to the congress.[/color]

Big difference chuckblow. There was no reason to heckle the great President Bush and call him a liar? This guy is a lightweight community organizer who commands no respect and he IS a liar. Chuckblow, chuckblow, chuckblow.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:34 pm 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:
5700 words blabbed about his health care plan but these two words by Joe Wilson is all they can talk about....

So this is how you think the leaders of our country should act? Well I guess you would love to live in Brazil, Japan, or Italy where there are actual fights between members of congress. This is the kind of government you are proud to be a part of?

Are you upset chuckblow? This is the most I've ever seen one-line, drive-by chuckblow write in one sitting.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:39 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:
So when the entire DEMOCRAT party booed President Bush in 2004 you'd agree it was the same pouting then huh?

It wasn't the entire Democratic Party. There were a number of times when the repubs booed last night. Show me a video of a dem screaming at bush calling him a liar during one of his speeches to the congress.

So your point is that the the democrats never had the balls to say it to President Bush's face.

I'll give you that one.

Don't forget, Dick Chaney had the balls to tell Leahy to "Go F*uck Your Self" right to his face.

Personally, I think Chaney was over estimating Leahy's athleticism.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:18 pm 

Even this dumbass, soon to be ex-Congressman had the brains to apologize for his outburst. It seems that the only people who can't see how wrong he was are about half a dozen brain dead bigots on this board
Wilson bolted the chamber as soon as Obama was finished speaking. Shortly thereafter, he issued an apology and called the White House to deliver one to the president personally. But he ended up on the line with Rahm Emanuel, Obama's fiery chief of staff, instead.

"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me," he said in a statement. "While I disagree with the president's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the president for this lack of civility."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/10/joe-wilsons-apology-to-ob_n_281772.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:23 pm 
Banned

sparks wrote:
Even this dumbass, soon to be ex-Congressman had the brains to apologize for his outburst. It seems that the only people who can't see how wrong he was are about half a dozen brain dead bigots on this board

Tomorrow, I will be making 3 donations to this hero... Congressman Wilson. They will be donated in the name of the following:
Sparks from Northwestindiana.com
Edge540 from Northwestindiana.com
Chuckmo48 from Northwestindiana.com

This great man....Congressman Wilson will appreciate your support.
On a side note....I saw your facebook page squirts......god damn are you fat. That's unhealthy.
You're gonna cost the taxpayer a pretty penny down the road..probably sooner than later.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:41 am 

"Though President Obama has formally accepted the apology of Joe "You lie!" Wilson, the fallout from the emotional outburst continues to ripple across the nation, even raising doubts about the Republican congressman's political future.

Ninety minutes after Obama finished his address, the South Carolina representative—who yelled out "You lie!" after the president said he had never proposed providing coverage to illegal immigrants—issued a statement explaining he "let my emotions get the best of me." According to the congressman's office, Wilson also made a personal phone call to the White House in hopes of apologizing to Obama himself, but instead had to express his apologies to gatekeeper Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel.

Disapproving co-workers

Amid the regret and confessions of guilt, USA Today reports on the disapproval coming from both sides of the political aisle:

"There ought to be a reprimand or censure of Rep. Joe Wilson to discourage that kind of conduct in the future," Sen. Arlen Specter, D-Pa., said via Twitter.

"I cringed," Rep. David Dreier, the top-ranking Republican on the House Rules Committee, said about his reaction to the outburst. "I think it's just unfortunate."

"I've been here a long time," said House Rules Committee Chairwoman Louise Slaughter, D-N.Y.,a 23-year House veteran, "I've never heard anyone accost a president like that."

Even Sen. John McCain, Obama's recent opponent, chimed in on CNN to call it "totally disrespectful" and was one of several senior Republicans to urge Wilson to apologize.

Campaign gets new life

In addition to the flak Wilson's received from his colleagues, the American people are making their disdain known as well. According to The Nation, Rob Miller, a Democrat and Marine Corps veteran, who was planning to run against Wilson in 2010, raised more than $50,000 for his campaign within just a few hours after Wilson's outburst.

Miller, who ran in 2008 without any help from national Democrats, lost to Wilson 46 to 54 percent. But with his newfound boost in popularity, his campaign has been given a new life. He tweeted Wednesday night: "55K raised, let's double THAT in 12 hours."

According to Miller's site, ActBlue.com, Miller has raised over $300,000 since Thursday afternoon. Almost half of the money has come from readers of the progressive blog Daily Kos, who created a fundraising page called "Defeating the man who yelled 'liar' at Obama."

But who's the liar?

As it turns out, the man who called Obama the liar may actually be off base. According to Politifact.com, a nonpartisan site dedicated to fact-checking the claims of "candidates, elected officials, political parties, interest groups, pundits, talk show hosts," Obama wasn't lying when he said the health-care reforms he's proposing would not apply to illegal immigrants.

"Obama can make a pretty thorough case that reform doesn't apply to those here illegally. We don't find the public option argument enough to make the case that Obama 'lied.' We rate Wilson's statement False."

From tearful town halls to emotional public outbursts, from finger-pointing to even finger-biting, if we've learned anything from the past few months it's that debating health care has the ability to elicit the rawest, sometimes basest emotions from the people of this country.

We've also learned it's a bad time to be a congressman with the last name Wilson. (Ohio congressman Charlie Wilson, with no relation to Joe Wilson—or to Texas politician Charlie Wilson of the movie "Charlie Wilson's War"—has since been put in an awkward position.)"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:03 am 

Wilson is correct.

Ali bin Obama is a a LIAR.

:smt006

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:34 am 

USMarine wrote:
Wilson is correct.

Ali bin Obama is a a LIAR.

:smt006

You got that right !!! As part of the Obamacare package, medical personnel will NOT be allowed to ask a patients immigration status. "Don't ask, don't tell" means that illegals WILL get the healthcare too, at the citizens expense.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:37 am 

Quote:
medical personnel will NOT be allowed to ask a patients immigration status.

Go ahead & show us where THAT is in the bill, Tiger...I'm waiting.

You can also let us know what part of Sec 246 you do not understand:
H.R. 3200: Sec 246 — NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS

Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next