Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: A challenge to those who lean left...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:32 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
OhhMama wrote:
So you think Obama is a far superior candidate based on what exactly? WHAT HAS HE DONE IN THE SHORT PERIOD OF HIS POLITICAL CAREER?????

What has McCain done? Do you notice that you never hear his campaign talking about his accomplishments? All we hear is a lot of positions,promises,and how he was a POW.

He's failed on immigration reform,failed to cut gov't spending,his campaign finance law has been a failure,failed on a tobacco bill,and his bill to get a line item vet passed was declared unconstitutional.

He's missed more votes in the Senate since 2005 than everyone,with the exception of Tim Johnson of S Dakota who had a brain aneurysm,and when he does show up to vote,he votes with Bush 98% of the time.

Now do I need to start listing the dozens of flip-flops he has under his belt?

Don't turn this around to a McCain thing- I've already stated that I wasn't a supporter... The topic is Obama..keep on track....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:46 pm 

Say what?...Isn't Obama running against McCain?
Oh & please, I really don't give a crap about Bob Barr or any other chump that has no chance.

An "accomplishment" that Obama never achieved is that he's never been the target of a Senate Ethics Committee's investigation.

'Straight Talk' McCain has:

It goes well beyond the Keating Five
By: Steve Benen
When considering John McCain’s history of unethical behavior, the list usually starts (and ends) with the Keating Five scandal in the 1980s, for which McCain was rebuked by the Senate Ethics Committee for having shown, at a minimum, poor judgment. In the aftermath, McCain helped improve his public image, and bury the scandal, by becoming an advocate of campaign-finance reform.

But the notion that McCain cleaned up his act may not be entirely true. Take, for example, Donald Diamond, a wealthy Arizona real estate developer and generous McCain contributor, who wanted some coastal land in California freed up by an Army base closing.

When Mr. Diamond wanted to buy land at the base, Fort Ord, Mr. McCain assigned an aide who set up a meeting at the Pentagon and later stepped in again to help speed up the sale, according to people involved and a deposition Mr. Diamond gave for a related lawsuit. When he appealed to a nearby city for the right to develop other property at the former base, Mr. Diamond submitted Mr. McCain’s endorsement as “a close personal friend.”

Writing to officials in the city, Seaside, Calif., the senator said, “You will find him as honorable and committed as I have.”

Courting local officials and potential partners, Mr. Diamond’s team promised that he could “help get through some of the red tape in dealing with the Department of the Army” because Mr. Diamond “has been very active with Senator McCain,” a partner said in a deposition.

For Mr. McCain, the Arizona Republican who has staked two presidential campaigns on pledges to avoid even the appearance of dispensing an official favor for a donor, Mr. Diamond is the kind of friend who can pose a test.

Ya think? The closer one looks at this, the worse it appears.

In California, the McCain aide’s assistance with the Army helped Mr. Diamond complete a purchase in 1999 that he soon turned over for a $20 million profit. And Mr. McCain’s letter of recommendation reinforced Mr. Diamond’s selling point about his McCain connections as he pursued — and won in 2005 — a potentially much more lucrative deal to develop a resort hotel and luxury housing.

In Arizona, Mr. McCain has helped Mr. Diamond with matters as small as forwarding a complaint in a regulatory skirmish over the endangered pygmy owl, and as large as introducing legislation remapping public lands. In 1991 and 1994, Mr. McCain sponsored two laws sought by Mr. Diamond that resulted in providing him millions of dollars and thousands of acres in exchange for adding some of his properties to national parks. The Arizona senator co-sponsored a third similar bill now before the Senate. […]

For the California projects, the campaign said the McCain aide arranged the introduction to an Army official for Mr. Diamond’s team as “a constituent matter.”

Oh, is that what the kids are calling it these days?

McCain helped a wealthy and generous donor buy land from the Army — complete with special water rights — for a quarter of a million dollars, which McCain’s buddy then sold two years later for $20 million. There’s a term for this — it’s called “influence peddling,” and it’s exactly the kind of thing McCain swears he never gets involved with.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:47 pm 

OhhMama wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
OhhMama wrote:
So you think Obama is a far superior candidate based on what exactly? WHAT HAS HE DONE IN THE SHORT PERIOD OF HIS POLITICAL CAREER?????

What has McCain done? Do you notice that you never hear his campaign talking about his accomplishments? All we hear is a lot of positions,promises,and how he was a POW.

He's failed on immigration reform,failed to cut gov't spending,his campaign finance law has been a failure,failed on a tobacco bill,and his bill to get a line item vet passed was declared unconstitutional.

He's missed more votes in the Senate since 2005 than everyone,with the exception of Tim Johnson of S Dakota who had a brain aneurysm,and when he does show up to vote,he votes with Bush 98% of the time.

Now do I need to start listing the dozens of flip-flops he has under his belt?

Don't turn this around to a McCain thing- I've already stated that I wasn't a supporter... The topic is Obama..keep on track....

Don't waste your time, OhhMama; it's useless, like trying to talk to a small, and very slow, child.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:50 pm 

happy jack wrote:
Don't waste your time, OhhMama; it's useless, like trying to talk to a small, and very slow, child.

Thanks HJ... but it's gone exactly how I figured it would, cutting and pasting with no real discussion and McCain bashing- all the things I asked not to do for the "challenge". The only thing that came out of it was Edgy's "link" (ya- the one I was too lazy to read) affirming my thoughts on why I won't give my vote to Obama.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:55 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Carpetbagger Report

Nuff said. If you suck and don't hate Jews enough to blog for Dailykos, you get hired for the Carpetbagger Report.

edge540 wrote:
'Straight Talk' McCain has

OhhMama wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Verily, jack doth speak the truth.
It is easier to teach a small child and have them understand than to try and pierce the veil of hate which fogs the minds of trolls like Artie the Banned and Edge the Deleter.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:18 pm 
Banned

OhhMama wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Thanks HJ... but it's gone exactly how I figured it would, cutting and pasting with no real discussion and McCain bashing- all the things I asked not to do for the "challenge". The only thing that came out of it was Edgy's "link" (ya- the one I was too lazy to read) affirming my thoughts on why I won't give my vote to Obama.

How do you figure to have a discussion without using facts and figures gleaned from other sites? It's a shame that you're still carrying a grudge from when I took you apart in 2006.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:19 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
It's a shame that you're still carrying a grudge from when I took you apart in 2006.

BBBWWWWWHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:23 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
OhhMama wrote:
happy jack wrote:

How do you figure to have a discussion without using facts and figures gleaned from other sites? It's a shame that you're still carrying a grudge from when I took you apart in 2006.

WHAT??? OMG- that seriously is THE funniest thing I have read in a while....OMG!!!! THANK YOU FOR THAT LAUGH!
:smt043 :smt046 :laughing6: :laughing5: :smt005 :laughing9: :laughing8: :laughing7: :laughing3: :laughing2:
Quote:
Hallucinations may be manifested in a variety of forms. Various forms of hallucinations affect the different senses, sometimes occurring simultaneously creating multiple sensory hallucinations for the patient.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:34 pm 
Banned

OhhMama wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

WHAT??? OMG- that seriously is funniest thing I have read in a while....OMG!!!! THANK YOU FOR THAT LAUGH!

The fact of the matter is that you spent months arguing GOP kool-aid points and in the end the Repubs got their clocks cleaned. You finally got so frustrated that you pretty much disappeared. Did I leave anything out?

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:38 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
OhhMama wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

WHAT??? OMG- that seriously is funniest thing I have read in a while....OMG!!!! THANK YOU FOR THAT LAUGH!

The fact of the matter is that you spent months arguing GOP kool-aid points and in the end the Repubs got their clocks cleaned. You finally got so frustrated that you pretty much disappeared. Did I leave anything out?

Uh- the fact that I left had nothing to do with anyone on the board, and certainly not you. But you keep telling yourself and the voices in your head that is what happened.... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:41 pm 

Quote:
affirming my thoughts on why I won't give my vote to Obama.

Translation:
I really didn't want to discuss anything, all want to do is bash Obama.

Oh & btw, who ARE you voting for?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:42 pm 
Banned

OhhMama wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Uh- the fact that I left had nothing to do with anyone on the board, and certainly not you. But you keep telling yourself and the voices in your head that is what happened.... :wink:

OK.Just try not to lose it when I "copy and paste" something that blows one of your arguments out of the water. :D

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:42 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:

Yes, you left out the part about how laughable it is to assume that anyone would think you are significant enough to hold a grudge against for two minutes, much less two years.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:44 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
OhhMama wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

OK.Just try not to lose it when I "copy and paste" something that blows one of your arguments out of the water. :D

Oh Artie you are too funny! You be sure to let me know when you blow one my my arguments out of the water so I know when to lose it....LOLOLOLOLOL Seriously, thanks for the laughs! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:46 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:
affirming my thoughts on why I won't give my vote to Obama.

Translation:
I really didn't want to discuss anything, all want to do is bash Obama.

Oh & btw, who ARE you voting for?

No I really did want a discussion... I haven't decided who to give my vote to in the election- if anyone at all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next