Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 61  Next
 Post subject: Re: Damn, it feels good to be a Republican!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:06 pm 

This is so good I had to post this in thread also: (more from the repub rubes in Indiana)

Politician: Girl Scouts Sell Cookies, Sex, Abortion, Communism, Lesbian Agenda
Quote:
This just in: Indiana state Rep. Bob Morris has "gone viral" for a sending a ranting letter to fellow Republican lawmakers warning that the Girl Scouts of America is "making their daughters more receptive to the pro-abortion agenda." He wrote it in an attempt to stop a resolution celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Girl Scouts.

http://gawker.com/5887002/politician-girl-scouts-sell-cookies-sex-abortion-communism-lesbian-agenda

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:53 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
This is so good I had to post this in thread also: (more from the repub rubes in Indiana)

Politician: Girl Scouts Sell Cookies, Sex, Abortion, Communism, Lesbian Agenda
Quote:
This just in: Indiana state Rep. Bob Morris has "gone viral" for a sending a ranting letter to fellow Republican lawmakers warning that the Girl Scouts of America is "making their daughters more receptive to the pro-abortion agenda." He wrote it in an attempt to stop a resolution celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Girl Scouts.

http://gawker.com/5887002/politician-girl-scouts-sell-cookies-sex-abortion-communism-lesbian-agenda

Congrats to the rube...He just made the "Worst Persons in the World" list!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:21 pm 

Jeb Bush: 2012 GOP Field "Appealing to People's Fears"
Quote:
I used to be a conservative and I watch these debates and I'm wondering, I don't think I've changed, but it's a little troubling sometimes when people are appealing to people's fears and emotion rather than trying to get them to look over the horizon for a broader perspective and that's kind of where we are," said the former Florida Governor.

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2012/02/23/jeb-bush-2012-gop-field-appealing-peoples-fears#ixzz1nQWwYrYY

Of course this is coming from a guy that will probably run in 2016...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:23 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Jeb Bush: 2012 GOP Field "Appealing to People's Fears"
Quote:
I used to be a conservative and I watch these debates and I'm wondering, I don't think I've changed, but it's a little troubling sometimes when people are appealing to people's fears and emotion rather than trying to get them to look over the horizon for a broader perspective and that's kind of where we are," said the former Florida Governor.

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2012/02/23/jeb-bush-2012-gop-field-appealing-peoples-fears#ixzz1nQWwYrYY

[color=#00080]Of course this is coming from a guy that will probably run in 2016...[/color]

Funny how much you agree with conservatives, first Rush, and now Jeb.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:50 pm 

DEM MAYHEM FALLS SHORT

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:07 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
DEM MAYHEM FALLS SHORT

Big deal...just doing what Mittens admitted doing a number of times...

Romney also said he voted in Dem primaries to influence the race (Updated)
Quote:
That year, Romney, then a registered independent, voted for former Sen. Paul Tsongas in the 1992 Democratic presidential primary. He told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, in an interview that will air Sunday on "This Week," that his vote was meant as a tactical maneuver aimed at finding the weakest opponent for incumbent President George H.W. Bush.

Quote:
"In Massachusetts, if you register as an independent, you can vote in either the Republican or Democratic primary," said Romney, who until he made an unsuccessful run for Senate in 1994 had spent his adult life as a registered independent. "When there was no real contest in the Republican primary, I’d vote in the Democrat primary, vote for the person who I thought would be the weakest opponent for the Republican."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/02/romney-also-said-he-voted-in-dem-primaries-to-influence-115774.html

Ouch....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:15 am 

:smt005

Operation Chaos

I voted for Hillary Clinton in the Democrat Primary...... :smt006

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:38 pm 

Romney Debases the G.O.P. Base
Quote:
Tuesday, on the verge of his victories in Arizona and Michigan, Romney, in extraordinarily blunt terms, told the base how he felt about them:
"It’s very easy to excite the base with incendiary comments. We’ve seen throughout the campaign if you’re willing to say really outrageous things that are accusative, attacking of President Obama, that you’re going to jump up in the polls. I’m not willing to light my hair on fire to try and get support. I am who I am."

translation:
"Sorry, I'm not a far right, bagger, lunatic fringe extremist...well, not just yet"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:22 am 

Federal judge admits he sent anti-Obama, racist e-mail
By John S. Adams, USA TODAY

District Judge Richard Cebull of Billings, was nominated by former president George W. Bush and received his commission in 2001 and has served as chief judge for the District of Montana since 2008.

The subject line of the e-mail, which Cebull sent from his official courthouse e-mail address on Feb. 20 at 3:42 p.m., reads: "A MOM'S MEMORY."

The forwarded text reads as follow:

"Normally I don't send or forward a lot of these, but even by my standards, it was a bit touching. I want all of my friends to feel what I felt when I read this. Hope it touches your heart like it did mine.

"A little boy said to his mother; 'Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white?' " the e-mail joke reads. "His mother replied, 'Don't even go there Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!' "

Cebull admitted Wednesday to sending the e-mail to seven recipients, including his personal e-mail address. The judge acknowledged that the content of the e-mail was racist, but said he does not consider himself racist. He said the e-mail was intended to be a private communication.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:27 am 

edge540 wrote:

bfd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:38 am 

The racist says that he's not a racist. Right.

Meet Montana's Racist Federal Judge - Richard Cebull
By John Chatz

A United States District Court Judge, appointed by President George W. Bush to the bench in 2001, is a racist. U.S. District Judge Richard Cebull forwarded an e-mail message that his brother sent him to "a few friends." The Great Falls, Montana Tribune reported that the message was as follows:

"Normally I don't send or forward a lot of these, but even by my standards, it was a bit touching. I want all of my friends to feel what I felt when I read this. Hope it touches your heart like it did mine.

"A little boy said to his mother, 'Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white?' His mother replied, 'Don't even go there Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!'"

Yesterday, Judge Cebull, the Chief Federal Judge for his District, "apologized." He said, "To say it's inappropriate and stupid is an extreme understatement. There is no douubt it's racist. It wasn't forwarded for that purpose. If anything, it was political."

In the interview with the Great Falls newspaper, Cebull said that his conduct in court over many years has shown that he is not a racist. He admitted that the public got that impression from that e-mail "And I don't blame them, " he said. He also said, "The only reason I can explain it to you is that I am not a fan or our president, but this goes beyond not being a fan. I didn't send it as racist, although that's what it is. I sent it out because it's anti-Obama."

So it's ok as long as his intent was to smear the president. Hey Judge, you are sworn to uphold the laws of the United States, not act like you're putting on a white pointed hood on the weekends.

If you're a racist, shouldn't you at least keep that to yourself? Not Judge Cebull, because he's proud of it. He's anti-Obama so that makes it ok.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:01 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:25 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

What do you expect from an atheist...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:15 am 

edge540 wrote:
By John S. Adams, USA TODAY

District Judge Richard Cebull of Billings, was nominated by former president George W. Bush and received his commission in 2001 and has served as chief judge for the District of Montana since 2008.

The subject line of the e-mail, which Cebull sent from his official courthouse e-mail address on Feb. 20 at 3:42 p.m., reads: "A MOM'S MEMORY."

The forwarded text reads as follow:

"A little boy said to his mother; 'Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white?' " the e-mail joke reads. "His mother replied, 'Don't even go there Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!' "

Cebull admitted Wednesday to sending the e-mail to seven recipients, including his personal e-mail address. The judge acknowledged that the content of the e-mail was racist, but said he does not consider himself racist. He said the e-mail was intended to be a private communication.

Can you explain to me why you believe this joke is racist?

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:17 am 

When a "joke" contains sexual and racist slurs I guess some people are too fuking dense to comprehend that it is indeed racist.

Judge Cebull’s Racist ‘Joke’

Apologizing for atrocious behavior is better than not trying to apologize. Rush Limbaugh’s nonapology to Sandra Fluke for calling her a prostitute was a good example. But sometimes even a seemingly sincere apology is not enough.

Richard Cebull, the chief Federal District Court judge in Montana, acknowledged last week that he had sent some of his friends an e-mail containing a joke based on sexual and racist slurs against President Obama. He apologized, directly to Mr. Obama, which is more than Mr. Limbaugh did to Ms. Fluke. But he did it in a way that only exacerbated doubts about his judicial temperament and whether he possesses the balance and impartiality essential for any federal judge.

To his credit, Judge Cebull, who was nominated to the bench by President George W. Bush in 2001, admitted that the joke was racist and that he displayed “very poor judgment.” But he also said he did not send the e-mail because it was racist but because it was “anti-Obama.”

His dislike of the president is so strong, apparently, he could not resist the urge to violate his ethical duty to avoid intemperate conduct that suggests racial and political bias and an appearance, at least, of impropriety. Although Judge Cebull did not intend for his e-mail to become public, his use of a government computer and an official e-mail account to spread the hateful message removes any claim that his action was purely private.

At Judge Cebull’s request, the Judicial Council of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals will now consider whether and to what degree to discipline him. It has the power, if it chooses, to reprimand him and temporarily suspend him from hearing cases.

It should not be necessary for the appeals court to do that. Judge Cebull has forfeited the trust Americans need to have in the impartiality and judgment of members of the federal bench. He should resign.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 61  Next