Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 61  Next
 Post subject: Re: Damn, it feels good to be a Republican!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:35 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
I am sooo sorry I missed this milestone...

The 40th anniversary of Watergate
Quote:
In the wee hours of June 17, 1972, at the Watergate complex in Washington, burglars wearing suits and ties were found hiding in the offices of the Democratic National Committee.

Oh I am sure you would rather concentrate on anything but Dumbo's economic and unemployment record.

That IS the plan...right?

FAST AND FURIOUS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:04 pm 

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:40 pm 

Rep. Joe Walsh hints Tammy Duckworth not a ‘true hero’
Quote:
Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.), locked in an election battle with Democrat Tammy Duckworth — who lost both legs and partial use of her arm in Iraq — said she talks too much about her military service, something “true heroes” don’t do.

Typical rethuglicon POS...he needs to be bitched-slapped!

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:07 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Rep. Joe Walsh hints Tammy Duckworth not a ‘true hero’
Quote:
Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.), locked in an election battle with Democrat Tammy Duckworth — who lost both legs and partial use of her arm in Iraq — said she talks too much about her military service, something “true heroes” don’t do.

Typical rethuglicon POS...he needs to be bitched-slapped!

And yet not a peep out of you when Dick Durbin "The Turban" called all of our active duty troops terrorist.

Your hypocrisy is obvious a partisan slight, its not like we ever see you on here defending our troops unless they have a (D) behind their name.

Yes?

Just like you and Artie quit counting KIAs as soon as a (D) was holding office.

You fool no one.

With the possible exception of yourself.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:19 pm 

Ronald Reagan Riding a Velociraptor

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:15 am 

Unemployment Rate Dropped In Every State That Elected A Republican Gov. In 2010

by Tony Lee 8 Jul 2012, 6:24 AM PDT

In 2010, influenced by the Tea Party and its focus on fiscal issues, 17 states elected Republican governors. And, according to an Examiner.com analysis, every one of those states saw a drop in their unemployment rates since January of 2011. Furthermore, the average drop in the unemployment rate in these states was 1.35%, compared to the national decline of .9%, which means, according to the analysis, that the job market in these Republican states is improving 50% faster than the national rate.

Since January of 2011, here is how much the unemployment rate declined in each of the 17 states that elected Republican governors in 2010, according to the Examiner:

Kansas - 6.9% to 6.1% = a decline of 0.8%

Maine - 8.0% to 7.4% = a decline of 0.6%

Michigan - 10.9% to 8.5% = a decline of 2.4%

New Mexico - 7.7% to 6.7% = a decline of 1.0%

Oklahoma - 6.2% to 4.8% = a decline of 1.4%

Pennsylvania - 8.0% to 7.4% = a decline of 0.6%

Tennessee - 9.5% to 7.9% = a decline of 1.6%

Wisconsin - 7.7% to 6.8% = a decline of 0.9%

Wyoming - 6.3% to 5.2% = a decline of 1.1%

Alabama - 9.3% to 7.4% = a decline of 1.9%

Georgia - 10.1% to 8.9% = a decline of 1.2%

South Carolina - 10.6% to 9.1% = a decline of 1.5%

South Dakota - 5.0% to 4.3% = a decline of 0.7%

Florida - 10.9% to 8.6% = a decline of 2.3%

Nevada - 13.8% to 11.6% = a decline of 2.2%

Iowa - 6.1% to 5.1% = a decline of 1.0%

Ohio - 9.0% to 7.3% = a decline of 1.7%

On the other hand, the unemployment rate in states that elected Democrats in 2010 dropped, on average, as much as the national rate decline and, in some states such as New York, the unemployment rate has risen since January of 2011.

This is yet another example of how the so-called “blue state” model is not working.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:21 pm 

Nine of The Ten Top Business-Friendly States Are Led By GOP Governors
As always, Texas tops the list.

Quote:
As if we need any more proof that reckless spending and high taxes impede economic growth, CNBC’s new survey, America’s Top State for Business, is an indictment of progressive economic policy. It finds that Texas – for the third time in five years — is the most accommodating state for business. And it’s no mystery why.

We already knew that Texas, which, over the years has instituted a number of free-market economic reforms, leads the nation in net creation of jobs with 410,400 between May 2007 and May 2012. In the meantime, 41 states have yet to reach their pre-recession job levels. California, for instance, has lost 891,200 since the recession started in 2007.

You’ll also notice similarities between states that rank high on the CNBC list — namely that most of the leadership in those states supports economic policies that mirror the national Republican platform.

Here are the top 20 most-friendly business states according to CNBC:

1.Texas
2.Utah
3.Virginia
4.North Carolina
5.North Dakota
6.Nebraska
7.South Dakota
8.Colorado
9.Georgia
10.Wyoming
11.Minnesota
12.Iowa
13.Idaho
14.Indiana
15.Kansas
16.Tennessee
17.Wisconsin
18.Oregon
19.New Hampshire
20.Arkansas

The top 10 features only one Democrat governor — John Hickenlooper of Colorado–who, it should be noted, is about as business friendly as any politician can be in today’s Democratic Party. In the top 20, there are only five Democratic governors.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:09 pm 

Polish Anti-Communist Legend Lech Walesa Endorses Mitt Romney
Excellent.
Quote:
Polish human rights icon and former President Lech Walesa all but endorsed Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney on Monday, urging him to “be successful.”

“I wish you to be successful because this success is needed to the United States, of course, but to Europe and the rest of the world, too,” the Nobel Peace Prize laureate was heard telling Romney when the press were allowed in on the tail end of their meeting. “Gov. Romney, get your success – be successful!"

Walesa made the remarks at the start of Romney's two-day trip to Poland, where he is scheduled to meet with Prime Minister Donald Tusk on Monday and visit memorials to the Poles who fought in World War 2 and the Solidarnosc – or Solidarity – anti-communist trade-union movement that Walesa led in the 1980s. Romney has sought to portray himself as a stronger ally than President Obama when it comes to defending central and eastern Europe against Russia.

Walesa's remarks follow a series of tiffs with Obama. Walesa skipped a meeting of national leaders with Obama organized by Polish President Bronislaw Komorowski during the president's trip to Poland in May 2011.

“I won't meet him,” Walesa told reporters at the time. “It doesn't suit me.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:11 am 

"We are not going to beat Barack Obama with some guy who has Swiss bank accounts, Cayman Island accounts, owns shares of Goldman Sachs who have foreclosed on Florida and is himself a stock holder in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, while he tries to think the rest of us are too stupid to put the dots together and understand what this is all about."

...Newt Gingrich

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:41 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
"We are not going to beat Barack Obama with some guy who has Swiss bank accounts, Cayman Island accounts, owns shares of Goldman Sachs who have foreclosed on Florida and is himself a stock holder in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, while he tries to think the rest of us are too stupid to put the dots together and understand what this is all about."

...Newt Gingrich

Fact Check – Obama and the ‘One-Term Proposition’

Three years ago today, a freshly-inaugurated President Obama said of his plan to fix the financial crisis that “if I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s going to be a one-term proposition.”

“By his own standard, it’s obvious that this president has failed to turn the economy around,” he said. “And just like Obama said, it’s time to make this a one-term proposition.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:22 pm 

RNC Sends DNC A Cake For Obama’s Birthday With “You Didn’t Bake This” Frosting
Heh!

Quote:
The Republican National Committee mocked President Barack Obama on Friday, sending a cake to the Democratic National Committee with a backhanded message commemorating Obama’s upcoming birthday.

“You didn’t bake this,” reads text on the cake, which is vanilla with vanilla frosting, according to Yahoo! News. It’s a reference to Obama’s “you didn’t build that” remark last month, which he made while talking about the need to maintain investments in domestic infrastructure for the good of businesses.

“If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help,” Obama said. “There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet. … The point is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:18 am 

Dirty Harry Endorses Romney
Always refreshing to see someone in Hollywood who isn’t a lobotomized Obamabot.

Quote:
“Dirty Harry” star Clint Eastwood, who made waves when he appeared in the “it’s halftime in America” Super Bowl ad, was at a Mitt Romney fundraiser tonight, per a pool report flagged by POLITICO’s Ginger Gibson.

Per Gibson’s pool report, Eastwood deadpanned, “I haven’t endorsed Gov. Romney,” and then laughed. He later added he was kidding.

“I think the country needs a boost somewhere,” he added.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:51 pm 

Quote:
State Republican Rep. Kelly Keisling sent an email to constituents Tuesday with a link to a story that suggests the president is planning to fake an assassination attempt in order to stop the Nov. 6 presidential election from happening.

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-aide-slams-the-press--senate-majority-leader-plays-the-press--the-dumbest-political-quotes-of-the-week-.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:09 pm 

Gallup: Nine Percent Of 2008 Obama Supporters Defecting To Romney
Quote:
PRINCETON, NJ — Eighty-six percent of voters who say they voted for Barack Obama in 2008 are backing Obama again this year, a smaller proportion than the 92% of 2008 John McCain voters who are supporting 2012 Republican candidate Mitt Romney. Nine percent of 2008 Obama voters have switched to supporting Romney this year, while 5% of McCain voters have switched to Obama.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:35 pm 

Tax Matters: Obama vs Romney
Quote:
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, on the other hand, wants to reduce everyone's taxes by 20 percent, which the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center found would benefit the wealthy and hurt America's lowest earners.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/tax-rates-u-highest-world-183946787.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 61  Next