Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61  Next
 Post subject: Damn, it feels good to be a Republican!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:33 pm 

Electoral college breakdown: McCain 274, Obama 264

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

Post subject: Re: Damn, it feels good to be a Republican!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:03 pm 
Banned

I'll chill the bubbly.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:24 pm 
Banned

This thread is going to be a barrel of laughs,just like it was on the other board. Enjoy it while you can.

Barack is back from vacation and Grampa's going to have to deal with his latest 2 gaffes....supporting the draft and not knowing how many homes he owns.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:38 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Why delete all of my threads at the other board and the come over here and post to my threads and expect me to act like you are not the biggest d'ouche bag low life in the world?

Stay away from me you old queen.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:39 pm 

I must agree (god this pains me) a little with Artie, it's too early to tell who is going to win. Obama will most likely get a bounce after the convention, and so will McCain. As far as what McCain said about the homes, who really cares....how many homes does Al Gore own? How many homes do most of the "leaders" of the DNC own? As far as the draft, well I need to read more about that, because I haven't heard it first hand yet.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:44 pm 

Quote:
...As far as the draft, well I need to read more about that, because I haven't heard it first hand yet.

Really?
Here ya go, "straight" from the senile warmonger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nIQgzzSxNE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:46 pm 
Banned

August 21, 2008: The Day John McCain's Campaign Died
Posted August 21, 2008 | 04:37 PM (EST)

No, unfortunately, I don't think that John McCain's campaign is really over. But there has been an amazing confluence of events in the last 24 hours that have undermined every key basis of McCain's campaign, so much so that it is hard to see how anyone who is not an extreme right-wing Republican could even consider voting for him. If McCain survives the last 24 hours, I'm not sure what it will take to stop him. You start to wonder if he could drop his pants in the middle of a town hall and still suffer no consequences.

Just think, in the last 24 hours:

Iraq
McCain has made Iraq and national security the center of his campaign. He has unabashedly flouted his support of the war in Iraq, and he has repeatedly suggested that Barack Obama does not have the judgment necessary to be president because, among other things, he supports timetables for the withdrawal of American troops from the country. He has accused Obama of trying to "legislate" defeat.

Well, first, in July, Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said that a timetable for withdrawing U.S. troops from Iraq was necessary, seriously undermining the whole Bush-McCain strategy for staying in Iraq. McCain brushed off Maliki's remarks as the Iraqi prime minister just playing politics, not expressing his true beliefs.

But now McCain's biggest nightmare has come true. Today we find out that Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice appeared with the Iraqi foreign minister to announce that the two countries have agreed that a timetable should be set for the withdrawal of U.S. troops.

McCain now stands alone. After all his criticisms of Obama's judgment on this issue, the Iraqis and even the Bush administration have now been forced to concede that a timetable for withdrawal is necessary (essentially adopting Obama's long-held position). McCain's criticisms have blown up in his face. Anyone paying attention would have to laugh off his claims now that his judgment on Iraq is superior to Obama's (especially considering that Obama opposed the war, while McCain told Americans it would be an easy victory, we would be greeted as liberators, and we would only be faced with a short engagement).
Story continues below
advertisement

Afghanistan
Throughout the campaign, Obama has hammered home the point that the real war on terror is based in Afghanistan, and that more troops were needed there to secure the country. In July, McCain mocked Obama's position, calling him naive and premature. Again, McCain used Obama's plan as an example of his lack of judgment.

McCain also had maintained that the war in Iraq was not affecting the ability of the U.S. to send a sufficient amount of troops to Afghanistan, something that was directly contradicted in early July by Michael G. Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, when he said, "I don't have troops I can reach for, brigades I can reach, to send into Afghanistan until I have a reduced requirement in Iraq. Afghanistan has been and remains an economy-of-force campaign, which by definition means we need more forces there."

Mullen's repudiation of McCain's position didn't knock him off his high horse, but yesterday's actions by the Pentagon sealed McCain's fate on this issue. The military announced (quietly, with little media coverage) that 11,000 soldiers would be sent to Afghanistan.

Once again, Obama took a position, McCain mocked him and claimed it showed bad judgment, and then, ultimately, Obama's stance was proven to be correct and was adopted. What can McCain say now?

How Many Houses?
Moving from the substantively important to America's obsession with silliness, when John Kerry was photographed windsurfing during the 2004 campaign, he cemented his image with voters of being an upper-class elitist, out of touch with the day-to-day lives of the common folks. The judgment wasn't based on policies, since Kerry's positions were unquestionably more in tune with those of the average blue collar worker than the stands taken by George W. Bush. But in our image-is-everything culture, the photo resonated with many voters, confirming that Kerry was not one of them. (The need for a candidate to be "average" is insane, but that's a discussion for a different article.)

Yesterday, McCain had his windsurfing moment. When asked how many houses he and his wife owned, McCain said he didn't know and would have to check with his staffers. After the McCain campaign said the answer was at least four, Obama later happily pointed out that, in fact, the McCains had seven homes. If McCain's remark last week at Rick Warren's values forum about $5 million being the threshold for being "rich" (watch for yourself here) didn't sink the idea of McCain as a "man of the people," then not knowing how many houses he owns should put McCain's regular guy status over the edge. Maybe once and for all people will realize that McCain is a man of extreme wealth. To borrow the famous Seinfeld phrase, "not that there's anything wrong with it," but being rich is not the image the McCain campaign likes to project for its candidate.

Can you imagine if Obama ever said he didn't know how many homes he owned? He would be done. This should be McCain's windsurfing moment. Let's see if the media and the public treat McCain the way they treated Kerry.

The Draft
Yesterday, a woman in a town hall meeting in New Mexico, after a long list of thoughts, said that she didn't see a way to go after Osama bin Laden without reinstating the draft. McCain responded by saying, "I don't disagree with anything you said." (Watch for yourself here.)

Clearly, such a policy would not be popular with a huge percentage of young people and parents. Maybe McCain really is in favor of bringing back the draft, and maybe he is not. If he's called on it, I'm sure he'll try to dodge the issue and deny that he even said it (after all, he never suffers consequences for his lies, so why should he stop?).

But for a presidential candidate to say that he "doesn't disagree" with reinstating the draft is a major gaffe. Again, if Obama made such a statement, it would be all but game over for his campaign. Let's see if McCain survives it.

All and all, not a banner day for McCain's ambitions (yes, he has them) for the White House.

There is no doubt that McCain's candidacy has been on an upswing, and recent Rasmussen polls have shown him gaining in key battleground states like New Hampshire. But by every measurement, the last 24 hours should be devastating to the McCain campaign. He has been undermined and proven wrong (and worse, Obama has been proven correct) on his bedrock issue of national security, specifically in Iraq and Afghanistan; he has exposed himself to the electorate as wealthy and out of touch; and he has advocated for, of all things, reinstating the draft. If McCain survives the last day, I fear it means that voters, for whatever reason, don't want to hear the truth about John McCain.

Is today the day that McCain's campaign dies? It should be. Let's see if it is.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mitchell- ... 20433.html

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:54 pm 

after watching the link, thanks edge, but I think the draft is nothing more than fear mongering by msnbc. First, I don't think that the president can institute the draft without congress's approval.(I may be wrong) Second I feel this may be Obama's team may be looking for any little thing they can hold on to. I think this too is really not much at all.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:56 pm 
Banned

National Poll Released by NBC News/Wall Street Journal Poll: Barack Obama 45%, John McCain 42% Washington D.C. 8/21/2008 05:23 PM GMT

National Poll Released by CBS News/New York Times Poll: Barack Obama 45%, John McCain 42% Washington D.C. 8/21/2008 05:24 PM GMT

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:07 pm 

:lol:

Despite all the money and favorable press and a desire on the part of the liberal media to elect the Messiah, and all the money B. Hussein has pored into this campaign and the lies he has foisted on the American public..that's all he can show for his efforts..?

That is too damn funny.....He'll never last until November.

:lol:

Last edited by USMarine on Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:11 pm 
Banned

CBS NBC BIAS?

NAAAAAAAAAAAAA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:27 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
This thread is going to be a barrel of laughs

Artie60438 wrote:
ROTFLMAO

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:07 pm 
Banned

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Artie60438 wrote:
ROTFLMAO

How's that "non-story" on Grampy's houses you promised us working out for you,genius? :smt005

happy jack
Post subject: Re: How many homes does McCain own??
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:19 am
Quote:
Great.
Voters will have forgotten about this horrific scandal before I finish typing this sentence.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:19 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Artie60438 wrote:
ROTFLMAO

How's that "non-story" on Grampy's houses you promised us working out for you,genius? :smt005

happy jack
Post subject: Re: How many homes does McCain own??
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:19 am
Quote:
Great.
Voters will have forgotten about this horrific scandal before I finish typing this sentence.

Actually, my comment was in reference to the taxes on his homes that were paid late ... genius.
But since you asked, this other so-called 'scandal' will be gone within one or two news cycles. It may even be replaced by footage of Barry crushing the heads of babies who survived abortions between his knees.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:33 pm 
Banned

happy jack wrote:
Actually, my comment was in reference to the taxes on his homes that were paid late ... genius.
But since you asked, this other so-called 'scandal' will be gone within one or two news cycles. It may even be replaced by footage of Barry crushing the heads of babies who survived abortions between his knees.

Sure it will. It's not like Barack or anyone else at the Democratic convention is going to mention it. I'm sure they'll just pretty much ignore it,so will the late night shows,tomorrorws papers,etc. :roll: LMAO!

The only thing that scares me is that the fact McCain wants to reinstate the draft might not get any play.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61  Next