Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 61  Next
 Post subject: Re: Damn, it feels good to be a Republican!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:35 am 

Quote:
W outclasses Barack and Bill, without even trying

Yeah right.
Too funny, still hopelessly trying to turn Texas chickenshit into chicken salad.

Meanwhile republican hypocrites are now begging for big government federal money.

Quote:
Ted Cruz, Bill Flores Asked For Federal Aid After Texas Explosion, But Voted Against Sandy Relief

The Huffington Post | By Will Wrigley Posted: 04/19/2013

A pair of Republican lawmakers who voted against federal aid in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy are now looking for federal aid in the wake of the deadly explosion in West, Texas.

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz lambasted the Sandy Aid package, voting against the measure in January. Cruz issued a statement explaining that he voted against the aid because it included a number of spending measures that were not related to disaster relief, including "Smithsonian repairs, upgrades to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration airplanes, and more funding for Head Start."

However, in Washington Thursday, Cruz said that he was "working to ensure that all available resources are marshaled to deal with the horrific loss of life and suffering that we've seen" after an explosion at a fertilizer plant in Texas leveled the plant and nearby houses and business, claiming the lives of at least a dozen people and injuring hundreds more.

FEMA has reportedly been in close contact with officials in Texas to organize aid, relief and support to the West area.

Rep. Bill Flores, who represents West, also voted against the Sandy relief package but is now requesting federal aid for the disaster in his home district. Flores said Thursday that members of Congress with whom he has been in touch have pledged assistance.

After Flores voted against the Sandy aid package, he justified his vote by saying the package was "too large" and did "more than meet the immediate needs of Sandy victims."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:55 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:
W outclasses Barack and Bill, without even trying

Yeah right.
Too funny, still hopelessly trying to turn Texas chickenshit into chicken salad.

Meanwhile republican hypocrites are now begging for big government federal money.

Quote:
[size=15] Ted Cruz, Bill Flores Asked For Federal Aid After Texas Explosion, But Voted Against Sandy Relief

The Huffington Post | By Will Wrigley Posted: 04/19/2013

A pair of Republican lawmakers who voted against federal aid in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy are now looking for federal aid in the wake of the deadly explosion in West, Texas.

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz lambasted the Sandy Aid package, voting against the measure in January. Cruz issued a statement explaining that he voted against the aid because it included a number of spending measures that were not related to disaster relief, including "Smithsonian repairs, upgrades to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration airplanes, and more funding for Head Start."

However, in Washington Thursday, Cruz said that he was "working to ensure that all available resources are marshaled to deal with the horrific loss of life and suffering that we've seen" after an explosion at a fertilizer plant in Texas leveled the plant and nearby houses and business, claiming the lives of at least a dozen people and injuring hundreds more.

FEMA has reportedly been in close contact with officials in Texas to organize aid, relief and support to the West area.

Rep. Bill Flores, who represents West, also voted against the Sandy relief package but is now requesting federal aid for the disaster in his home district. Flores said Thursday that members of Congress with whom he has been in touch have pledged assistance.

After Flores voted against the Sandy aid package, he justified his vote by saying the package was "too large" and did "more than meet the immediate needs of Sandy victims."[/size]

Quote:
President Obama took the podium next. Every bit as cunning as Slick Willy, his speech too was filled with fake self-effacing insights, including one on “the world’s most exclusive club,” which he said “is more like a support group.” Another laugher from the man with no humility was when he said “being president, above all, is a humbling job.”

Then, on a day that was intended to be without politics, he hawked his push for amnesty, imploring “some of the senators and members of Congress who are here today, that we bring it home — for our families, and our economy, and our security, and for this incredible country that we love.”

In fact, Mr. Obama made the whole trip about politics. He did a Democratic fundraiser the night before the library opening, and planned a pro-abortion speech at a Planned Parenthood event the same night (which his handlers finally realized was over the top and rescheduled).

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:03 pm 

I ask you, is this a great country or what?...Hey, only in America.
Quote:
"It was God's will. It was her time to go, I guess," she told WLEX. "I just know
she's in heaven right now and I know she's in good hands with the Lord."

5-year-old Kentucky boy fatally shoots 2-year-old sister

From Leigh Remizowski, CNN
updated 12:03 PM EDT, Thu May 2, 2013

Boy, 5, accidentally shoots sister, 2
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • Family members describe the shooting as a tragic accident
  • The boy got the Crickett rifle for his 5th birthday, officials say
  • The mom was home but had stepped outside, a police spokesman says
  • In April, two more incidents of young kids shooting and killing others
(CNN) -- A Kentucky mother stepped outside of her home just for a few minutes, but it was long enough for her 5-year-old son to accidentally shoot and kill his 2-year-old sister with the .22-caliber rifle he got for his birthday, state officials said.
The shooting that took the life of Caroline Sparks in southern Kentucky has been ruled an accident, Kentucky State Police Trooper Billy Gregory said.
"It's just one of those nightmares," he said, "a quick thing that happens when you turn your back."
Young children in the area are often introduced to guns at an early age, Gregory said.

Ferguson: Irresponsible humans, not guns"
In this part of the country, it's not uncommon for a 5-year-old to have a gun or for a parent to pass one down to their kid," he said.
Her family kept the Crickett rifle in what they considered to be a safe spot, Cumberland County Coroner Gary White told the CNN affiliate.
The boy was playing with it Tuesday when it accidentally went off and killed his sister, White said.
"The little Crickett rifle is a single-shot rifle, and it has a child safety," White told CNN. "It's just a tragic situation."
Kids and guns: 'These are not isolated tragedies'
The Crickett website features three .22-caliber rifle models for kids, with shoulder stock colors ranging from pink to red, white and blue swirls. "My first rifle" is the company's slogan.
Family members Wednesday described the shooting as an accident.
"He just picked (the gun) up before he realized it," grandmother Linda Riddle told WLEX.
Riddle said her granddaughter enjoyed singing and playing outdoors, and she loved her brother.
"It's just tragic," uncle David Mann told the CNN affiliate. "It's something that you can't prepare for."
Riddle said she is devastated, but comforted knowing that her granddaughter is in a better place.
"It was God's will. It was her time to go, I guess," she told WLEX. "I just know she's in heaven right now and I know she's in good hands with the Lord."
CarolineSparks' death comes after two other incidents in recent months involving young children shooting others. In early April, a 4-year-old boy in Tennessee shot and killed a 48-year-old woman, and just days later, 6-year-old Brandon Holt was killed in New Jersey after being shot in the head by his 4-year-old playmate.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:07 pm 

Top 10 States For Business All Led By Republican Governors
Led by conservative economic powerhouse, Texas.

Quote:
‘Chief Executive,’ releases its ninth annual survey of CEO opinion about the best and worst states for business – and Republicans are governing in all of the top ten.

“In the minds of most leaders, a state’s friendliness is closely aligned with its tax and regulatory regime. Similarly, workforce quality also measures the perceived cooperativeness of workers with management, as well as the people’s general work ethic and education attainment,” the report write up states.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:01 pm 

FOX Business: Capitalism Lives Here

The Dow and broader S&P 500 jumped to fresh all-time highs on Tuesday, with the blue-chip average closing above 15000 for the first time ever, on the back of a strong European session.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 87.3 points, or 0.58%, to 15056, the S&P 500 gained 8.5 points, or 0.52%, to 1626 and the Nasdaq Composite advanced 3.7 points, or 0.11%, to 3397.

It was another day of making milestones for Wall Street. The Dow ended above 15000, and the S&P hit its tenth record high of the year. The Dow is up 14.9% for the year, while the S&P is higher by 14%.

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2013 ... z2SdufXRsE

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:41 pm 

That just means that evil Wall Streeters and trust fund kids have gotten richer while Reege-tarded down-and-outers are still standing in line at gas stations and tobacco shops buying lottery tickets. That, and waiting to fork over more of their income to the incompetents in LC government.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:12 pm 

edge540 wrote:

The Dow and broader S&P 500 jumped to fresh all-time highs on Tuesday, with the blue-chip average closing above 15000 for the first time ever, on the back of a strong European session.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 87.3 points, or 0.58%, to 15056, the S&P 500 gained 8.5 points, or 0.52%, to 1626 and the Nasdaq Composite advanced 3.7 points, or 0.11%, to 3397.

It was another day of making milestones for Wall Street. The Dow ended above 15000, and the S&P hit its tenth record high of the year. The Dow is up 14.9% for the year, while the S&P is higher by 14%.

People at home saying "that would be great, if I had a job."

Wow!

I guess that whole OCCUPY WALL STREET thing didn't really work out since unemployment is breaking new highs as well as the Dow Jones.

Was THAT supposed to happen?

Because it kinda seems like THE OPPOSITE.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:57 am 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
That just means that evil Wall Streeters and trust fund kids have gotten richer while Reege-tarded down-and-outers are still standing in line at gas stations...

Nah, it does not mean that at all, fact is there are actually a lot of people in Dyer, Highland, Munster, Crown Point, Schererville, St John, Valparaiso and Chesterton who have gotten richer just like those evil Wall Streeters and trust fund kids.

Last edited by edge540 on Wed May 08, 2013 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:54 am 

edge540 wrote:
Nah, it does mean that at all

If you say so...

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:37 pm 

Stephen Colbert's sister defeated in South Carolina Congressional race
Elizabeth Colbert Busch lost by nine points to former South Carolina governor Mark Sanford.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:24 am 

edge540 wrote:
Nah, it does not mean that at all, fact is there are actually a lot of people in Dyer, Highland, Munster, Crown Point, Schererville, St John, Valparaiso and Chesterton who have gotten richer just like those evil Wall Streeters and trust fund kids.

I am not talking about your run-of-the-mill Reege-tards that have a couple hundred shares of Arcelor-Mittal or British Petroleum in an old cigar box somewhere. Sure, these folks will have benefitted from the stock market run up. They will celebrate their good fortune by buying a new fish locator for their bass boat, tricking out their '78 Camaros, buying a couple extra cartons of Marlboros and lottery tickets, or spending a couple extra days at the Dells this summer. I am talking about the 1%-those who have reaped fortunes from the bull market. Those folks you detest--they are the ones who have really made out in the past few years.

Of course, I am excepting guys like you and Sparks. It goes without saying that financial whiz kids like you always buy at the bottom and sell at the top. I know you both got into gold eight or nine years ago and just now bailed. I also already know that you two bought into the stock market big time in 2008 and will be getting out when it turns. I know that when the real estate market was utterly dead, Sparks was flipping properties and locking in $20,000 on every turn. Even though most Reege-tards are clock punchers or have retired from menial labor jobs, the most vocal of you always have an extra few thousand that you can't wait to send to local, state, or federal governments once they have the guts to do the right thing and raise taxes.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:32 am 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
edge540 wrote:

I know you both got into gold eight or nine years ago and just now bailed. I also already know that you two bought into the stock market big time in 2008 and will be getting out when it turns. I know ....

No Laffy, you don't know.
Trust me, you really, really don't know sh*t.
Never "got into" gold or bought into the stock market big time in 2008. I bought into the NASDAQ big time in the 90's and bailed out before the bubble burst.
Now you know something.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:32 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
edge540 wrote:

People at home saying "that would be great, if I had a job."

Wow!

I guess that whole OCCUPY WALL STREET thing didn't really work out since unemployment is breaking new highs as well as the Dow Jones.

Was THAT supposed to happen?

Because it kinda seems like THE OPPOSITE.

Still waiting...

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:51 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Still waiting...

Yeah, me too.
Still waiting since 2010 for the house republican assholes to up with any kind of job legislation.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:29 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Stephen Colbert's sister defeated in South Carolina Congressional race
Elizabeth Colbert Busch lost by nine points to former South Carolina governor Mark Sanford.

All that means is that those 'bible-thumping moralists' rethugs voted for a lying and cheating husband...too funny

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 61  Next