Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 61  Next
 Post subject: Re: Damn, it feels good to be a Republican!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:01 am 

DES MOINES REGISTER Endorses Romney

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:52 pm 

Headlines on Drudge today: :D

UPDATE: Now Iowa threatens to arrest UN election observers...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Biden Attacks Romney, White House Says It's 'Not A Time For Politics'...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OHIO: MORE VOTING PROBLEMS AS BALLOT CAST FOR ROMNEY COMES UP OBAMA...
Denver Dem Mayor Goes To Wisconsin And Says Obama Getting Beat In Early Voting...

Early Vote Lead In Florida Down 70% for Dems...
RNC flush with cash for endgame blitz...
DICK MORRIS: Here comes the landslide...
Biden: 'You'll Vote for Me in 2016'...
Romney suddenly plunging onto Democratic turf...

Closes Michigan gap to 2 points...

Within margin of error in PA...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:03 pm 

Here's some more headlines with less than a week to go:
Quote:
Obama Up 1 to 2 Percent in Three Latest Florida Polls

Quote:
Obama leads Romney by five percent in Ohio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:37 pm 

A new book reveals that Republicans held secret meeting deciding to obstruct EVERYTHING President Obama tried to do the DAY he was inaugurated.
Quote:
During a lengthy discussion, the senior GOP members worked out a plan to repeatedly block Obama over the coming four years to try to ensure he would not be re-elected.

Quote:
A detailed account of who was present at the dinner on that January 20 night and the plan they worked out to bring down Obama is provided by Robert Draper in 'Do Not Ask What Good We Do: Inside the US House of Representatives', published this week.

Quote:
Attending the dinner were House members Eric Cantor, Jeb Hensarling, Pete Hoekstra, Dan Lungren, Kevin McCarthy, Paul Ryan and Pete Sessions. From the Senate were Tom Coburn, Bob Corker, Jim DeMint, John Ensign and Jon Kyl. Others present were former House Speaker and future – and failed – presidential candidate Newt Gingrich and the Republican strategist Frank Luntz, who organised the dinner and sent out the invitations.

http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=51766

Probably should file this under Revolting Rethuglicons...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:04 am 

Tea Party Leader Janis Lane, president of the Central Mississippi Tea Party, is quoted as saying, "Our country might have been better off if it was still just men voting."
Quote:
The interview said in part:
Lane: I'm really going to set you back here. Probably the biggest turn we ever made was when the women got the right to vote.
What do you mean?
Lane: Our country might have been better off if it was still just men voting.

http://castrovalley.patch.com/articles/tea-party-leader-women-too-mean-hateful-to-vote#photo-11748805

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:52 pm 

Feel Good Story Of The Day: Rotting Whale Carcass Stinking Up Malibu Home Of Insufferable Lefty Barbara Streisand
Heh!

Quote:
MALIBU, Calif. (AP) — A whale carcass rotting near celebrity homes in Malibu is causing a gigantic cleanup problem as authorities try to decide who’s responsible for getting rid of it.

Los Angeles County lifeguards planned to try to pull the 40,000-pound carcass out to sea at high tide, said Cindy Reyes, executive director of the California Wildlife Center.

However, that may be too much of a job, and the whale was unlikely to be back in the sea anytime Thursday, county fire Inspector Brian Riley said.

“You would need a tug boat to drag it out to sea,” Riley told City News Service.

“It is entrenched in the sand and impossible to tow free even at high tide,” Riley said. “Burial at low tide will be difficult as well as land removal. It’s in an area with bad access.”

“It’s on a private beach” controlled by homeowners down to the high tide line and the state is responsible for the tidelands, Baker said.

The young male fin whale washed up Monday between Paradise Cove and Point Dume, near the homes of Barbra Streisand and Bob Dylan.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:45 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Rotting Whale Carcass Stinking Up Malibu Home Of Insufferable Lefty Barbara Streisand

...why because some rethluglicon killed a whale and pushed it by her house...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:29 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Rotting Whale Carcass Stinking Up Malibu Home Of Insufferable Lefty Barbara Streisand

...why because some rethluglicon killed a whale and pushed it by her house...

I'm sure you believe that in the moonbat fever swamps.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:53 pm 

Looks like Boehner got his ass handed to him by his fellow rethuglicons...

Boehner sets House votes on Sandy aid after Republican attacks
Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House Speaker John Boehner made a U-turn on Wednesday to clear the way for approval of $60 billion in Superstorm Sandy relief.

Quote:
Christie, seen as a potential Republican presidential candidate in 2016, said the vote's cancellation reflected the "toxic internal politics" of Republicans in the House.
"There is only one group to blame for the continued suffering of these innocent (storm) victims - the House majority and the speaker, John Boehner," Christie told a news conference in Trenton, New Jersey.

http://news.yahoo.com/house-skips-vote-sandy-aid-angering-members-storm-055321752.html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:50 pm 

House Passes “No Budget, No Pay” Bill
Senate Dems have made more than $46 million since they last passed a budget in 2009.

Quote:
House lawmakers passed the ‘no budget, no pay’ proposal that requires Congress to pass a budget, which Senate Democrats have refused to do since 2009. The vote comes as Senate Democrats received about $46 million from taxpayers in salary and benefits.

“With the passage of this bill today, it’s pretty clear that we’re sending a message to the Democrat-controlled Senate that it’s time to do your job,” House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said in a press conference after the bill — which suspends the debt ceiling for three months but requires Congress to pass a budget by the end of that time — received 285 votes in the House.

“The House proposal is a step in the right direction,” Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, added in a statement to The Washington Examiner. “There’s no doubt the Senate hasn’t done its job. The Senate should do its job and pass a budget.”

The bill is a victory for Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., the ranking Republican on the Budget Committee who proposed plan linking the debt ceiling to the budget in a conversation with The Examiner’s Byron York.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:22 am 

Poll: Congress unpopular, but Democrats more liked than Republicans
Quote:
Democrats in Congress emerged with a 38% approval rating while their Republican counterparts are approved by only 15% of voters. Even GOP voters don’t like their GOP lawmakers in Washington, with 25% approving and 61% disapproving.

Quote:
John Boehner has a 21% approval and 60% disapproval rating .

Quote:
Mitch McConnell’s is at 24% approval rating.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:45 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Poll: Congress unpopular, but Democrats more liked than Republicans
Quote:
Democrats in Congress emerged with a 38% approval rating while their Republican counterparts are approved by only 15% of voters. Even GOP voters don’t like their GOP lawmakers in Washington, with 25% approving and 61% disapproving.

Quote:
John Boehner has a 21% approval and 60% disapproval rating .

Quote:
Mitch McConnell’s is at 24% approval rating.

What?

To ashamed to source your material?

Because it is from dailykos.

A biased source, because you cannot get your head out of the liberal echo chamber.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:57 pm 

Looks like your fellow rethugs are seeing the light and leaving you and the rest of fringe in the rear view mirror...

Jindal: GOP should change 'just about everything'

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:06 pm 

Every one knows you're grasping at straws...but thanks for bumping up the thread.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:18 pm 

Obama: Republican “Fever” Still Hasn’t Broken
Don’t hold your breath, Barry.

Quote:
President Barack Obama now acknowledges that his hope that the Republican “fever” would break if he won re-election has not panned out.

“Not yet, obviously,” he told The New Republic. “I never expected that it would happen overnight. I think it will be a process. And the Republican Party is undergoing a still-early effort at reexamining what their agenda is and what they care about. I think there is still shock on the part of some in the party that I won reelection. There’s been a little bit of self-examination among some in the party, but that hasn’t gone to the party as a whole yet.”

The president told TNR that he believes this is in part because the issues that Washington turned to immediately after the election centered around spending and taxes — key flashpoints between the parties where it is hard to find common ground. But, he said, if he and Congress can get over the fiscal issues with a grand bargain so-to-speak, he envisions the GOP fever perhaps breaking then.

I'll bet the moonbats didn't see that one coming.

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 61  Next