Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 61  Next
 Post subject: Re: Damn, it feels good to be a Republican!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:54 pm 

Quote:
"I will do on my first day if elected president of the United States, and that is I will act to repeal all of Obamacare" - Mitt Romney

Fuking idiot doesn't know when to STFU....LOL.

Quote:
Breaking from Newsmax.com

Romney Accepts Being Linked to Obamacare

Mitt Romney says it's a compliment to be called the grandfather of Obamacare, the health care law championed by President Barack Obama and scorned by Republicans — including Romney himself.

Obama has said the health care law Romney backed while governor of Massachusetts is the basis of the federal Affordable Care Act, enacted in 2010.

Speaking at a Univision forum Wednesday night, the Republican presidential nominee said that now and then Obama calls him the grandfather of Obamacare.

Romney said, "I don't think he meant that as a compliment, but I'll take it." He went on to defend the Massachusetts law but says it is wrong for the federal government to take that approach.

Grandfather or not, Romney has pledged to repeal Obamacare if elected president.
But earlier this month he told NBC’s “Meet the Press” that he would keep several popular — and expensive — parts of the overhaul, including making sure people with pre-existing conditions can get coverage, and allowing young adults to be covered under their parents’ plan.
© 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:06 pm 

Quote:
Romney said, "I don't think he meant that as a compliment, but I'll take it." He went on to defend the Massachusetts law but says it is wrong for the federal government to take that approach.

Duh, wonder why that is? :smt005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:20 pm 

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:59 pm 

suzyq wrote:
Best one-liner of the weekend:

"If we want to keep our nation's secrets a ' SECRET ' then we should store them where President Obama stores his college transcripts and birth certificate."

Right next to rom-knees previous tax returns...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:17 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
suzyq wrote:

"If we want to keep our nation's secrets a ' SECRET ' then we should store them where President Obama stores his college transcripts and birth certificate."

Right next to rom-knees previous tax returns...[/color]

If you were to read when others respond to you on this board, perhaps you wouldn't be so willfully ignorant of current event.

Romney has released his tax returns.

So now you must agree that Barry should release his college records?

Yes?
edge540 wrote:
bump...

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
edge540 wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- ...-={ARCLIGHT}=- ...any comment?

Apparently The democrats think that their route to victory lies in trying to convince me that I should be more worried about what Romney does with his money, in stead of what Obama is doing with my money.

Ah no, they're not trying to convince deranged Obama hating conservatives like you that repeat bullshit talking points ad nauseum.
They're trying to find out what your boy is HIDING that he does not want us to see.
Even republicans want to know:
Quote:
National Review to Romney: Release More Tax Returns.

-={ARCLIGHT}=- ...-={ARCLIGHT}=- ...any comment?

Yep, three of them.

Romney Releases 2011 Tax Returns; Paid $1.9 Million on $13.7 in Income

Romney donated $4,020,772 to charity

Romney doubles Obama's charitable giving

Be careful what you ask for...you just may get it.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:45 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
suzyq wrote:

Right next to rom-knees previous tax returns...[/color]

Romney Releases 2011 Tax Returns; Paid $1.9 Million on $13.7 in Income[/color]

Wow...paid a whopping 14% income tax...and too funny he didn't take all the deductions he could have to make his percent paid even lower...gee I wonder why he did that...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:08 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
]Wow...paid a whopping 14% income tax

More than Dumbo and Joe in charitable donations.

But that is how conservatives do, they put their money toward charity, rather that legislating others mus put theirs thru taxation.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:45 pm 

Fun Fact Of The Day: Romney Gave 1,000 Times As Much To Charity In A Year As Biden Gave In A Decade
Quote:
The release of Mitt Romney’s 2011 tax returns shows that he freely gave away more than $4 million to charity last year (about 30 percent of his income). In comparison, when Joe Biden was first running for vice president, his tax returns showed that he had given away just $3,690 to charity over the previous ten years (about 0.2 percent of his income). In other words, Romney gave away a thousand times as much to charity in one year as Biden gave in a decade.

That’s despite the fact that the Bidens earned well over $2 million over that decade. In fact, their income was$320,000 in 2008, thereby putting them comfortably over the $250,000-a-year line that marks the entry point for “millionaires and billionaires” in Obama-speak.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:44 am 

Too Funny

Quote:
Union-buster Walker calls for return of union refs
By SCOTT BAUER | Associated Press

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — If there's one thing that can unite political foes in Wisconsin, it just may be the Green Bay Packers.

Republican Gov. Scott Walker, who made a national name for himself by going after public employee unions last year, posted a message on Twitter calling for the return of the NFL's locked-out unionized officials after a disputed call led to a Seattle Seahawks 14-12 victory over the Packers on Monday night.

"After catching a few hours of sleep, the (hash)Packers game is still just as painful. (hash)Returntherealrefs," Walker tweeted early Tuesday.

Democratic state Sen. Jon Erpenbach, who was one of 14 Democrats who fled to Illinois for three weeks last year in opposition to Walker's union proposal, said he saw the irony in Walker's post but in Wisconsin "we're all fans, first and foremost."

"If you were born and raised in Wisconsin, you were raised on the Packers," Erpenbach said. "Every Sunday it's Packers and pancakes, not necessarily in that order."

The NFL locked out the officials in June after their contract expired. The league has been using replacement officials, and through three weeks of the regular season there has been much criticism over the way some games are being handled.

Walker's spokesman Cullen Werwie tried to spin the governor's post on Tuesday, saying it wasn't meant as a pro-union political statement. Walker's tweet was being widely mocked on Twitter in light of his push last year that effectively ended collective bargaining for teachers, nurses and most other public workers.

"I don't think this anything to do with unions, but has everything to do with refs making bad calls," Werwie said.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:25 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Too Funny

Quote:

You already posted this...I was just going to do the same...what a tool...he doesn't want union teachers or union construction workers, but OMG got to have union refs...because this tool even knows that union workers are far better than any scabs...
....Oh I forgot Ryan said the same thing today....Conservative Hypocrisy...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:39 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
edge540 wrote:
Too Funny

Quote:

You already posted this...I was just going to do the same...what a tool...he doesn't want union teachers or union construction workers, but OMG got to have union refs...because this tool even knows that union workers are far better than any scabs...
....Oh I forgot Ryan said the same thing today....Conservative Hypocrisy...

Are you two so willfully ignorant that you don't know the difference between public and private sector unions?

I am sure they are not making that distinction for you in the liberal echo chamber.

And of course you two are unable to think of it yourselves.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:15 pm 

Pic Of The Day

What a real leader looks like.

Quote:
Former President George W. Bush dances with Wounded Warrior Melissa Stockwell, the first female to ever lose a limb in combat. She was a participant in W’s 100 kilometer mountain bike ride and completed the entire ride.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:16 pm 

With Obama having a 5 point lead in must win Ohio, it's a stunning victory for the dems.
Quote:
Supreme Court denies Ohio request to curtail early voting
Reuters/Matt Sullivan

Tue Oct 16, 2012

(Reuters) - The Supreme Court on Tuesday denied Ohio's request to curtail early voting in the state leading up to the November 6 presidential election.

Ohio, critical to the election hopes of Democratic President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney, began early in-person voting earlier this month but planned to cut it off on November 2, the Friday before the election, except for members of the military.

The Obama campaign, the Democratic National Committee and the Ohio Democratic Party had sued Ohio officials to restore early voting right up to election day eve. Republicans opposed their efforts, saying a cutoff was needed to reduce voter fraud.

In states that allow voters to cast ballots before election day, early voting and extended voting hours are thought to benefit Democratic candidates because lower-income people, who tend to vote for them, are more likely to work odd hours.

Earlier this month, the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a U.S. District Court order that reinstated early voting in the final days before the election. The state had appealed that ruling to the Supreme Court.

In a one-sentence order on Tuesday, the high court denied the state's petition for a stay of the appeals court decision.

Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted, the state's top elections official, called the 6th Circuit's decision an unprecedented intrusion by federal judges into state elections that was illegal and impractical.

The appeals court's decision did not require polls to be open on the final three days, leaving it up to the discretion of the state's 88 individual county election boards.

A coalition of 15 states, including Colorado, Wisconsin and Virginia, filed a supporting brief for Ohio on Friday, encouraging the court to block the 6th Circuit's ruling. They said Ohio had not placed a burden on citizens' ability to vote by eliminating the three early voting days

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:36 pm 

U of Colorado Study: 77% likelihood Romney wins popular vote

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:09 pm 

Romney Takes Lead In Electoral College For First Time
Can you say, momentum.

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 61  Next