Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 61  Next
 Post subject: Re: Damn, it feels good to be a Republican!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:56 pm 

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
I'm pretty sure a whole lot of people, from all walks of life, would find no racism in the joke.
So what's your point?

Bullshit. If that was the case there would not be any fuss over the racist judge and his racist "joke". The judge never would have needed to apologize and beg for forgiveness. Point? Point is only a racist would find it not racist.
Quote:

All it takes is one or two whiners to blow something like that way out of proportion. The outcry is not necessarily representative of the general population.

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
And I have no doubt that you would have found it hilarious had it been directed at Clarence Thomas, Condoleezza Rice, Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell, Larry Elder, et. al..[/b]

No I'm afraid not, I would find it just as ugly, abhorrent and racist had been directed at any black person including any republican. I find no humor in it at all. Only racists find humor in racist jokes.

Doubtful.
Highly, highly doubtful.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:56 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Dwight wrote:
Quote:
H.CON.RES.107 -- Expressing the sense of Congress that the use of offensive military force by a President without....

Dwight, now you have that tin foil hat on way, way too tight.

WTF, are you talking about?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10908

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:12 pm 

SHOCK POLL: ROMNEY 48% OBAMA 43%

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

Last edited by -={ARCLIGHT}=- on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:20 am 

It's not the funniest joke in the world, but it's not a total dud either.

Now, I'd really find it hilarious if a comedian along the lines of Bill Maher, Michael Moore, or Jon Stewart had made it about Condoleeza Rice or Clarence Thomas, but you can't have everything.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:10 am 

Quote:

What is it exactly that you find amusing about a racist joke?
Quote:
Now, I'd really find it hilarious if a comedian along the lines of Bill Maher, Michael Moore, or Jon Stewart had made it about Condoleeza Rice or Clarence Thomas, but you can't have everything.
That's a ridiculous and absurd premis on several levels. First, I've never heard any of them make racist jokes. Second, the racist joke compares an interracial relationships to bestiality. It suggests the presidents father was a dog and that his mother had sex with a dog. Obama is the product of an interracial relationship, his mother was white and his father was black. The parents of Condoleeza Rice and Clarence Thomas were both black so the racist joke that Laffy finds "hilarious" would not make any sense.
So why would Laffy find it hilarious?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:23 am 

edge540 wrote:
That's a ridiculous and absurd premis on several levels. First, I've never heard any of them make racist jokes. Second, the racist joke compares an interracial relationships to bestiality. It suggests the presidents father was a dog and that his mother had sex with a dog.

Ya know edge I'm beginning to see your point...

I can see where a dog might be offended by that.

You have my sincerest of apologies.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:01 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:

What is it exactly that you find amusing about a racist joke?
Quote:
That's a ridiculous and absurd premis on several levels. First, I've never heard any of them make racist jokes. Second, the racist joke compares an interracial relationships to bestiality. It suggests the presidents father was a dog and that his mother had sex with a dog. Obama is the product of an interracial relationship, his mother was white and his father was black. The parents of Condoleeza Rice and Clarence Thomas were both black so the racist joke that Laffy finds "hilarious" would not make any sense.
So why would Laffy find it hilarious?

With all of your name calling and your inability to use the board's software I am beginning to losing track, who is "laffy", and who is "dwight"?

Please learn how to quote people so the software attributes the quote, attribute means that when you quote someone, the software tells you who you are quoting.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:48 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
With all of your name calling and your inability to use the board's software I am beginning to losing track, who is "laffy", and who is "dwight"?

"Laffy" is LaughingAtLakeCo. Most 3rd graders could have figured that out. "Dwight" is comedian becuse he reminds me of Dwight Schrute. Dwight is a typical conservative:
Quote:
Although Dwight acts superior to many individuals, he is shown to actually be quite gullible, ignorant, and naïve. For this reason, he is easily tricked and pranked by his desk-mate and fellow Salesman, Jim Halpert

Quote:
Please learn how to quote people so the software attributes the quote, attribute means that when you quote someone, the software tells you who you are quoting.

I'll quote any way I want to. Using the board software sometimes takes up way too much space.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:06 am 

edge540 wrote:
I'll quote any way I want to. Using the board software sometimes takes up way too much space.

Stupid is as stupid does.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:20 am 

Arc is starting to remind me of Andy Bernard
Arc, would you like nickname too?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:34 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Arc is starting to remind me of Andy Bernard
Arc, would you like nickname too?

No, thanks anyway.

But you are starting to remind me of Corky.

Would YOU like another nickname, or shall we keep this classy?

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:02 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

"keep this classy"...? when you have to resort to using Down Syndrome to mock somebody you've already gone beyond "classy."

Good one scumbag, you're right down there at the same level as your hero Rush Limbaugh .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:12 pm 

edge540 wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

"keep this classy"...? when you have to resort to using Down Syndrome to mock somebody you've already gone beyond "classy."

Good one scumbag, you're right down there at the same level as your hero [color=#000FF]Rush Limbaugh[/color] .

Man I must have really touched a nerve!

You sure cry quick when the shoe is on the other foot.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:09 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:29 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 61  Next