Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 61  Next
 Post subject: Re: Damn, it feels good to be a Republican!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:36 am 

edge540 wrote:
When a "joke" contains sexual and racist slurs I guess some people are too fuking dense to comprehend that it is indeed racist.

Judge Cebull’s Racist ‘Joke’

Apologizing for atrocious behavior is better than not trying to apologize. Rush Limbaugh’s nonapology to Sandra Fluke for calling her a prostitute was a good example. But sometimes even a seemingly sincere apology is not enough.

Richard Cebull, the chief Federal District Court judge in Montana, acknowledged last week that he had sent some of his friends an e-mail containing a joke based on sexual and racist slurs against President Obama. He apologized, directly to Mr. Obama, which is more than Mr. Limbaugh did to Ms. Fluke. But he did it in a way that only exacerbated doubts about his judicial temperament and whether he possesses the balance and impartiality essential for any federal judge.

To his credit, Judge Cebull, who was nominated to the bench by President George W. Bush in 2001, admitted that the joke was racist and that he displayed “very poor judgment.” But he also said he did not send the e-mail because it was racist but because it was “anti-Obama.”

His dislike of the president is so strong, apparently, he could not resist the urge to violate his ethical duty to avoid intemperate conduct that suggests racial and political bias and an appearance, at least, of impropriety. Although Judge Cebull did not intend for his e-mail to become public, his use of a government computer and an official e-mail account to spread the hateful message removes any claim that his action was purely private.

At Judge Cebull’s request, the Judicial Council of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals will now consider whether and to what degree to discipline him. It has the power, if it chooses, to reprimand him and temporarily suspend him from hearing cases.

It should not be necessary for the appeals court to do that. Judge Cebull has forfeited the trust Americans need to have in the impartiality and judgment of members of the federal bench. He should resign.

BFD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:49 pm 

edge540 wrote:
When a "joke" contains sexual and racist slurs I guess some people are too fuking dense to comprehend that it is indeed racist.

Here is the joke in its entirety:

"A little boy said to his mother; 'Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white?' " the e-mail joke reads. "His mother replied, 'Don't even go there Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!' "

Could you please identify the "racist slurs", and explain why they are racist?
Please be specific.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:36 pm 

What, racist? I don't see any racism in that joke. WTF, why does everbody think it's racist?

Quote:
Where to draw the line between appropriate and inappropriate speech by judges is a complicated matter, says Jeffrey M. Shaman, a judicial-ethics expert at DePaul University College of Law. But there seems to be little doubt that Cebull crossed over the line. "Offensive, racist speech such as this clearly diminishes public confidence in the integrity and impartiality of the judiciary, and therefore should be considered a violation of the Code of Judicial Conduct," Shaman told me. "Judge Cebull ought to know better, and his circulation of such a disgusting message makes one wonder if he is competent to serve as a judge."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:53 pm 

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

Here is the joke in its entirety:

"A little boy said to his mother; 'Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white?' " the e-mail joke reads. "His mother replied, 'Don't even go there Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!' "

Could you please identify the "racist slurs", and explain why they are racist?
Please be specific.

Neither you nor the judicial ethics expert have specified what precisely about the joke is "racist".
Do you think you can quit tap-dancing long enough to provide an answer?

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:02 pm 

Quote:
The judge acknowledged that the content of the e-mail was racist

Ask the judge.
Quote:
"I sincerely and profusely apologize to you and your family for the email I forwarded. I accept full responsibility; I have no one to blame but myself. I can assure you that such action on my part will never happen again. I have requested that the Judicial Council of the Ninth Circuit review this matter. Honestly, I don't know what else I can do. Please forgive me and, again, my most sincere apology."

Why did the judge apologize sincerely and profusely? If the joke was not racist, WTF is he doing and why is he begging for forgiveness?
Please be specific.

Last edited by edge540 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:18 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:
The judge acknowledged that the content of the e-mail was racist

Ask the judge.

The judge may or may not know what he is talking about.
You, quite obviously, do not.
You, and most liberals' cries of "racism" are so automatic and reflexive that you, and most liberals, can't even point out exactly what you are accusing someone of.
It's quite clear to me that you can't even back up your own claim of racism in this case, because if you were able to, you would already have done so.
Instead, you tap-dance.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:22 pm 

It's quite clear to me that you can't even answer what I asked you. Let's try this again:
Why did the judge apologize sincerely and profusely? If the joke was not racist, WTF is he doing and why is he begging for forgiveness?
Please be specific.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:42 pm 

edge540 wrote:
It's quite clear to me that you can't even answer what I asked you. Let's try this again:
Please be specific.

I have absolutely no way of knowing why the judge feels that the joke is racist.
I have been asking, however, for the last several posts, why you think the joke is racist. That should really be a quite easy question to answer, but you can't seem to manage that.
Why not?

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:01 am 

edge540 wrote:

Oh STFU for once will ya?

he answered it.

Just not the way you wanted.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:21 am 

Quote:
he answered it.

No he did not. You can STFU, mr grape.

The "joke" is not only racist it is also sexist because the "joke" compares interracial relationships to bestiality. It's mocking the presidents dead mother who is white and her son who is black suggests and it suggests she had sex with a dog. Hilarious, yes?
Quote:
You, and most liberals' cries of "racism" are so automatic and reflexive that you, and most liberals, can't even point out exactly what you are accusing someone of.

The judge is not liberal, he's a conservative republican, just like you.
Did the judge automaticaly and reflexively come to the conclusion that the "joke" is racist?
The judge and just about everbody else on the planet who is not rascist agrees that the "joke" is indeed racist.
Are you suggesting that that the racist "joke" is not racist? Are you saying the judge is wrong?
Quote:
I have absolutely no way of knowing why the judge feels that the joke is racist.

I'm asking YOU why YOU think the judge feels that the joke is racist.
If the "joke" is not racist, why DO YOU THINK the judge apologized sincerely and profusely?
Why DO YOU THINK the jude is begging for forgiveness?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:53 am 

edge540 wrote:
The "joke" is not only racist it is also sexist because the "joke" compares interracial relationships to bestiality. It's mocking the presidents dead mother who is white and her son who is black suggests and it suggests she had sex with a dog. Hilararious.

The joke does not compare interracial relationships to bestiality. The joke depicts a wild party where a white woman might or might not have had sex with a dog. I agree that the joke is highly offensive, but the offensiveness is directed at Obama’s mother, who is white, so if there is any racism involved (which there isn’t), it would be the racism inherent in suggesting that a white woman may or may not have had sex with a dog.
Clear, edge?

edge540 wrote:
If the "joke" is not racist, why DO YOU THINK the judge apologized sincerely and profusely?
Why DO YOU THINK the jude is begging for forgiveness?

How in the hell am I supposed to know why the judge thinks the joke is racist and, more to the point, why am I supposed to care why the judge thinks the joke is racist?
I can only tell you what I think, and we have already been over that. See above.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:01 pm 

Quote:
The joke does not compare interracial relationships to bestiality

Of course it does. It also suggests the presidents African father was a dog.
If that's not racist I don't know what is.
Quote:
Clear, edge?

Yep betcha, YOU do not think the joke is racist. Got it.
Many thanks for showing YOUR true colors.
Quote:
How in the hell am I supposed to know why the judge thinks....

You 're not answering the question. I did not ask you what or why the judge thinks, I'm asking for YOUR opinion of why the judge apologized. Why DO YOU THINK the judge apologized sincerely and profusely? You have no idea why the judge apologized? Seriously? Why DO YOU THINK the jude is begging for forgiveness?
Do you think the judge is wrong?

Last edited by edge540 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:12 pm 

edge540 wrote:

edge540 wrote:

I did not ask you what or why the judge thinks

Why don't you take a few moments to clear your head, edge.
Come back when the meds kick in.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:19 pm 

My head is just fine.
I see you're too much of a coward to answer the questions so I'll leave you alone. You can clean up from the cow pie now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:31 pm 

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

edge540 wrote:

I did not ask you what or why the judge thinks

Why don't you take a few moments to clear your head, edge.
Come back when the meds kick in.

edge540 wrote:
My head is just fine.

Are you sure your head is just fine?
If so, why did you just make two entirely contradictory statements within minutes of each other?

Incidentally, if you are going to quote me, I would appreciate it if you would quote what I actually said rather than typing in whatever the hell you want and attributing it to me.
See below.

edge540 wrote:
Quote:
If that's not racist I don't know what is.
Clear, edge?

Barack Obama

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 61  Next