Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Obama Trying To Take Our 2nd Ammendment Rights
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:16 pm 

Obama Executive Order Triples Number Of Agencies Required To Track Guns
Why exactly does the Department of Agriculture need to be tracking guns?

Quote:
President Obama is tripling the number of Cabinet agencies with gun control law enforcement responsibilities in his new bid to track guns, adding six agencies to the three typically included–Justice, Homeland Security and Defense.

Section 1.e of his executive order released Wednesday adds State, Treasury, Interior, Agriculture, Energy, and Veterans Affairs. It reads: “For purposes of this memorandum, ‘Federal law enforcement agencies’ means the Departments of State, the Treasury, Defense, Justice, the Interior, Agriculture, Energy, Veterans Affairs, and Homeland Security, and such other agencies and offices that regularly recover firearms in the course of their criminal investigations as the President may designate.”

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:27 pm 

Texas Sheriff Says He Won’t Enforce Dems Unconstitutional Gun Laws
Excellent.

Quote:
(NBC Dallas-Fort Worth) — Collin County Sheriff Terry Box says he, nor his deputies, will enforce unconstitutional gun laws put in place by whom he calls misguided politicians.

The longtime sheriff posted the statement on his personal Facebook page over the weekend after he said he was asked by hundreds of people urging him to do it.

Box’s statement was posted just days after President Barack Obama signed a series of executive orders intended to reduce gun violence.

In a phone conversation with NBC 5 Monday, Box explained further:

“I think anytime we have a national tragedy that lawmakers in Washington and sometimes in Austin try to, what I call, a knee-jerk reaction on trying to make the public feel safe and try to create new laws. There is plenty of laws on the book that are being enforced, I hope we can prevent these tragedies.”

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:49 pm 

Yep...arming people at school is sure smart...

2 in custody, 1 wounded in shooting at Texas college
Quote:
A maintenance worker was wounded in the crossfire during a shooting at a Texas community college on Tuesday, school and police officials say.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/shooting-texas-college-campus-reports-191439016.html

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:35 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:

2 in custody, 1 wounded in shooting

What about the other 90,000,000 lawful gun owners with 300,000,00 guns who didn't shoot anyone?

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:59 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:

School District Buys 14 AR-15 Assault Rifles To Keep On Campuses For Student Protection
[b]Of course if libs had their way they would be throwing pixie dust at a deranged gunman.

Quote:
FONTANA (CBSLA.com) — The Fontana Unified School District Police Department purchased 14 AR-15 assault weapons to protect students in response to recent shootings across the country, but some school leaders and citizens think it’s a step in the wrong direction.

FUSD Superintendent Cali Olsen-Binks approved the acquisition of the rifles, which are being stored on campuses in locked safes for responding police officers in the event of an attack.

Fontana Police Chief Rodney Jones and Mayor Acquanetta Warren supported Olsen-Binks’ decision.

“It’s unfortunate that we have to have that, but it’s the best message we can send to anybody that thinks to harm our children,” said Jones. “The message we’re sending is…not here, not now, we’re prepared for you. And if you seek to harm our children, we will neutralize that threat and you will most likely be killed.”

Warren said, “Everyone wants children safe. At this time, we as a community, we have to come together and find other ways. But in the interim, our police officers need to be equipped.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:11 pm 

Dem Sen. Dianne Feinstein To Introduce “Assault Weapons” Ban On Thursday
And anyone who currently owns one of these weapons will be forced to register with the federal government.

Quote:
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-California, is set to introduce her bill to reinstate a federal assault weapons ban on Thursday.

Feinstein announced her plans to introduce the ban after December’s mass shooting in Newtown, Conn. President Barack Obama has also called for a ban on weapons that resemble military firearms.

The bill will call for the prohibition of 120 specific weapons, magazines that can carry more than 10 cartridges and firearms that can accept a detachable magazine in addition to at least one other military-style feature. Feinstein’s office has also revealed that while the bill would not mandate the confiscation of pre-ban weapons, it would require registration of any grandfathered weapons.

Feinstein’s bill promises to be at the center of one of the biggest political fights of 2013 and her bill will likely meet serious opposition in the Republican-controlled House of Representatives.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:14 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:

School District Buys 14 AR-15 Assault Rifles To Keep On Campuses For Student Protection

Quote:
FONTANA (CBSLA.com) — The Fontana Unified School District Police Department purchased 14 AR-15 assault weapons to protect students in response to recent shootings across the country, but some school leaders and citizens think it’s a step in the wrong direction.

FUSD Superintendent Cali Olsen-Binks approved the acquisition of the rifles, which are being stored on campuses in locked safes for responding police officers in the event of an attack.

Fontana Police Chief Rodney Jones and Mayor Acquanetta Warren supported Olsen-Binks’ decision.

“It’s unfortunate that we have to have that, but it’s the best message we can send to anybody that thinks to harm our children,” said Jones. “The message we’re sending is…not here, not now, we’re prepared for you. And if you seek to harm our children, we will neutralize that threat and you will most likely be killed.”

Warren said, “Everyone wants children safe. At this time, we as a community, we have to come together and find other ways. But in the interim, our police officers need to be equipped.”

Yep...that's your con's version what America should look like...Just throw more guns at the problem; arm everyone because of the NRA and gun nuts this is what America has become...Instead of trying to really solve the problem...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:54 am 

Philadelphia: Fifth-Grade Girl Berated By School Officials For Having Gun Made Out Of Paper
The liberal secular progressive have stooped to this in their vision of gun control in America.

I guess this is their version of "really trying to solve the problem.

What a bunch of pussies.

Quote:
A fifth grader at a South Philadelphia elementary school made the mistake of pulling out a gun constructed out of paper in class last week.

An official at D. Newlin Fell School searched the student, Melody Valentin, in front of her entire class, reports FOX 29. After the search failed to turn any more weapons (paper or non-paper), the staffer intensely scolded the little girl – also in front of the whole class.

Valentin explained that she had attempted throw the contraband away, but a boy saw it and notified administrators.

“He yelled at me and said I shouldn’t have brought the gun to school and I kept telling him it was a paper gun but he wouldn’t listen,” the fifth grader told the station.

Describing the paper firearm, the girl’s mother, Dianna Kelly, said it looked similar to a folded sheet of paper. The little girl’s grandfather had made it for her the day before, she added.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:17 pm 

Biden: Taking Away Guns Isn’t “Gun Control,” It’s “Gun Safety”
He must think we’re as dumb as he is.

Quote:
Vice President Joe Biden said Thursday that he views the administration’s efforts to reduce firearms violence as gun safety – not gun control.

The vice president fielded questions online in a Google+ Hangout, saying the proposals that he and President Barack Obama have laid out won’t end gun crime, but they still could make a difference.

Stemming gun violence has emerged as a priority for the Obama administration in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., school shooting in December. Mr. Obama already is moving ahead with 23 executive actions, and he’s called on Congress to pass legislation that would require background checks for all gun buyers, ban high-capacity magazines and ban some semiautomatic rifles often called assault weapons.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:31 pm 

Student With AR-15 Scares Off Armed Home Intruders
It is ALWAYS better to have a gun and not need it, than it is to need a gun and NOT HAVE IT.
Quote:
Rochester, N.Y. — Early Tuesday morning, Christopher Boise heard a noise coming from the basement. As he walked toward the source of that noise, the RIT student noticed two men standing in the downstairs portion of his apartment.

“They were waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs,” said Boise.

One of them had a handgun trained on Boise.

Within moments, Boise screamed. His cries were heard by his roommate, Raymond.

“It wasn’t like a, ‘I stepped by stepped on a piece of glass’ kind of scream,” Raymond said. “So, I instinctively went to my gun bag.”

Raymond owns an AR-15 which is a military style rifle.

Raymond estimated that just five seconds passed until the door started to open. It was one of the intruders.

“By the time I had it out and ready, one of the men came at my door, slowly opened it, saw that there was a barrel on the other side and from there backed out,” Raymond said.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:38 pm 

I copy pasted this from an Indianapolis TV station website. Vaguely, I remember the incident.

Hammond - An Indiana woman shot and killed an intruder breaking into her home. Her ordeal was caught on tape during the 911 call she made to police.

It happened in Hammond, Indiana in November 2007. The man had been stalking the woman and she bought a gun for protection.

The woman had been complaining about her former boyfriend for months and had filed repeated complaints against him. She said he slashed her tires in a confrontation at a legion hall, where he warned her saying, "It's not over yet!"

Dispatcher: "Hammond 911."
Caller: "Yeah, he's trying to get in my back door again."

On November 12th the woman called Hammond police saying her boyfriend was in her yard trying to get into the house.

Caller: "I've been having a lot of problems with him. Please."
Dispatcher: "Ok, they're on their way. Did he come in a car?"
Caller: "I don't know. He's trying to get in my back door."

As the call continues, the woman pleads with police to hurry. The Hammond dispatcher stays on the line assuring the woman that officers are on their way.

Dispatcher: "OK, can you get to a room with a lock on it?"
Caller: "Yes, I can."
Dispatcher: "OK, I'm going to tell you when it's okay to come out, okay?"

The woman takes refuge in an upstairs bedroom, eventually hiding in a closet.

Caller: "He broke through the window again."
Dispatcher: "OK, is he in the house?"
Caller: "Yes, I think he is."

Two minutes into the call the woman then tells the dispatcher she is armed.

Dispatcher: "Does he normally carry weapons at all?"
Caller: "I got one today."
Dispatcher: "You got one what?"
Caller: "I got a weapon today."
Dispatcher: "OK, A gun? You have it? Is it in the room with you?"

The dispatcher informs the arriving officers that the woman is armed.

About five mintues after the call began here is the final exchange between the woman and the dispatcher.

Caller: "He's at the door now."
Dispatcher: "He's turning the door knob. Okay, is that him I hear?"
Caller: "Yeah."
Dispatcher: "Is there anything you can put.."
Caller: "What are you doing??? "STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT!"..
Dispatcher: "Okay, he's in with her!"
Caller: "STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT! Stop it. Please stop it."

Police say the woman will not face charges for the shooting because she acted in self-defense.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:24 am 

lubu wrote:
I copy pasted this from an Indianapolis TV station website. Vaguely, I remember the incident.

Hammond - An Indiana woman shot and killed an intruder breaking into her home. Her ordeal was caught on tape during the 911 call she made to police.

It happened in Hammond, Indiana in November 2007. The man had been stalking the woman and she bought a gun for protection.

The woman had been complaining about her former boyfriend for months and had filed repeated complaints against him. She said he slashed her tires in a confrontation at a legion hall, where he warned her saying, "It's not over yet!"

Dispatcher: "Hammond 911."
Caller: "Yeah, he's trying to get in my back door again."

On November 12th the woman called Hammond police saying her boyfriend was in her yard trying to get into the house.

Caller: "I've been having a lot of problems with him. Please."
Dispatcher: "Ok, they're on their way. Did he come in a car?"
Caller: "I don't know. He's trying to get in my back door."

As the call continues, the woman pleads with police to hurry. The Hammond dispatcher stays on the line assuring the woman that officers are on their way.

Dispatcher: "OK, can you get to a room with a lock on it?"
Caller: "Yes, I can."
Dispatcher: "OK, I'm going to tell you when it's okay to come out, okay?"

The woman takes refuge in an upstairs bedroom, eventually hiding in a closet.

Caller: "He broke through the window again."
Dispatcher: "OK, is he in the house?"
Caller: "Yes, I think he is."

Two minutes into the call the woman then tells the dispatcher she is armed.

Dispatcher: "Does he normally carry weapons at all?"
Caller: "I got one today."
Dispatcher: "You got one what?"
Caller: "I got a weapon today."
Dispatcher: "OK, A gun? You have it? Is it in the room with you?"

The dispatcher informs the arriving officers that the woman is armed.

About five mintues after the call began here is the final exchange between the woman and the dispatcher.

Caller: "He's at the door now."
Dispatcher: "He's turning the door knob. Okay, is that him I hear?"
Caller: "Yeah."
Dispatcher: "Is there anything you can put.."
Caller: "What are you doing??? "STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT!"..
Dispatcher: "Okay, he's in with her!"
Caller: "STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT! Stop it. Please stop it."

Police say the woman will not face charges for the shooting because she acted in self-defense.

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
It is ALWAYS better to have a gun and not need it, than it is to need a gun and NOT HAVE IT.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:18 pm 

It's worse than we thought folks. Obama's going around trying to find out if our own military would fire upon it's own citizens... :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABAlJqEBpdI

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:57 pm 

Biden And Bloomberg To Plot Gun-Grabbing Plans Over Dinner
Quote:
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is meeting with Vice President Joe Biden Friday and expects to get updated on the White House gun control push.

“I’m going to spend some time with Biden tonight … to get a better update,” Bloomberg said in an interview with POLITICO, when asked about where things stand at the federal level since the White House made its recommendations on gun control.

The two are planning to meet over dinner Friday evening, along with Jill Biden and Bloomberg’s longtime girlfriend, Diana Taylor.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:59 pm 

Communist Party USA Cheers On Obama’s Gun Grab
Quote:
It should come as no surprise that the Communist Party USA is on board with President Obama’s plan to attack Americans’ right to keep and bear arms as a means to “end gun violence.” A cardinal feature of communist regimes, like all dictatorships, is the prohibition of private ownership of arms, creating a monopoly of force in the hands of the State.

In a January 18 article, People’s World, an official publication of the Communist Party USA (CPUSA), declared that “the ability to live free from the fear or threat of gun violence is a fundamental democratic right — one that far supercedes any so-called personal gun rights allegedly contained in the Second Amendment.”

The article, entitled, “Fight to end gun violence is key to defending democracy,” written by People’s World labor and politics reporter Rick Nagin, claims that “the right-wing extremists opposing all efforts to curb gun violence are the same forces that rallied behind Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, hoping to undermine every other democratic right as well as the living standards of workers and ordinary Americans.”

“It is for that reason,” declares Nagin, “as well as the need to protect public safety, that the same coalition of labor and its allies that worked so hard and effectively to re-elect President Barack Obama must now go all-out to back his common sense proposals for gun law reform.”

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next