Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Revoltin' Rethuglicons
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:14 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Unemployment rate, Indiana 8.7% of the labor force - Seasonally Adjusted - Mar 2013

http://www.google.com/publicdata

US unemployment rate:
Quote:
The Labor Department said 165,000 new jobs were created in April. The unemployment rate fell to 7.5 percent - its lowest level in more than four years. The numbers beat many economists' expectations.

http://www.voanews.com/content/us-unemployment-rate-drops-to-75/1653775.html

Yep...all those great economic ideas those repub rubes have been passing sure have worked...Just read the next article:

Quote:
Indiana took in $1.93 billion in April. That's $71.3 million more than projected by the state's revenue forecast and 4.4 percent more than last April.

Quote:
Personal income tax payments, as usual following the April 15 filing deadline, led all revenue categories with $967.7 million, or 11 percent more than last year

...and now a rethuglicons dream:
Quote:
On the other hand, corporate income taxes paid last month were $199.8 million. That's a 5.4 percent dip compared with April 2012.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/april-state-revenue-tops-prior-year-s-total/article_61c7b91b-4640-53f3-968a-3e3b6362bed7.html

So you're complaint is that the government is taking in more revenue while taxes are lower?

I call that a win.

There is just no pleasing lefty democRATS.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:09 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Quote:
Personal income tax payments, as usual following the April 15 filing deadline, led all revenue categories with $967.7 million, or 11 percent more than last year

...and now a rethuglicons dream:
Quote:
On the other hand, corporate income taxes paid last month were $199.8 million. That's a 5.4 percent dip compared with April 2012.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/april-state-revenue-tops-prior-year-s-total/article_61c7b91b-4640-53f3-968a-3e3b6362bed7.html

Must not have read it correctly...PERSONAL income tax paid by individuals INCREASED by 11%, while CORPORATE income taxes DECLINED by 5.4%

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:38 pm 

AP Exclusive: Daniels looked to censor opponents
Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Former Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels pledged to promote academic freedom when he became president of Purdue University in January, but newly released emails show he attempted while governor to eliminate what he considered liberal "propaganda" at Indiana's public universities.

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-exclusive-daniels-looked-censor-opponents-213306613.html;_ylt=AgdiAhoxV7sNj0J9khmOa8QJVux_;_ylu=X3oDMTJhbDRjbWt0BG1pdANBVFQgMyBTdG9yeSBKdW1ib3Ryb24gSG9tZSBDYWNoZWQEcG9zAzEwBHNlYwNNZWRpYUF0dFdpZGdldHJvbkFzc2VtYmx5;_ylg=X3oDMTFkcW51ZGliBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3BtaA--;_ylv=3

Now who is Nazi-like...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:40 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:

Gee...I have got to go with the president who used the IRS and NSA to target AMERICANS who thought differently than he did, going so far as collecting all phone data in AMERICA with special focus on journalist.

Thanks for asking.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:56 am 

My goodness. One of the two most vocal advocates for public education (the other being Sparks Hein--who is sticking Hammond taxpayers with his daughter's college tuition bill) and the best you can do is provide a link to an article and make some silly Nazi reference. Was that acceptable to you as a "professional" educator? Did your students get a pat on the pack for working Naziism into any and all of their superfluous social studies assignments? Don't you or Sparks Hein ever have any thoughts of your own? Its no wonder that the bulk of NWI students have little to look forward to except dreary jobs as pack mules and draught animals (or, for the exceptionally lucky-a patronage position in municipal or county government).

Now, enjoy the rest of your day. Prop your Wife on the back of your HD full-dresser, put on your matching helmets and faux leather vests, and roar off to terrorize a Dairy Queen with a bunch of retired teachers. Oh, and don't forget to put that swastika pin or German army eagle emblem somewhere on your get-up. That stuff will give off the aura of badness and "who-cares" independence you forfeited when you settled for a career in the feminized world of public schooling.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:30 am 

http://pencership.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:34 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
AP Exclusive: Daniels looked to censor opponents
Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Former Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels pledged to promote academic freedom when he became president of Purdue University in January, but newly released emails show he attempted while governor to eliminate what he considered liberal "propaganda" at Indiana's public universities.

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-exclusive-daniels-looked-censor-opponents-213306613.html;_ylt=AgdiAhoxV7sNj0J9khmOa8QJVux_;_ylu=X3oDMTJhbDRjbWt0BG1pdANBVFQgMyBTdG9yeSBKdW1ib3Ryb24gSG9tZSBDYWNoZWQEcG9zAzEwBHNlYwNNZWRpYUF0dFdpZGdldHJvbkFzc2VtYmx5;_ylg=X3oDMTFkcW51ZGliBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3BtaA--;_ylv=3

Now who is Nazi-like...

...and now he gets a raise from all the board he appointed before he left....
Purdue trustees approve $58,000 bonus for Daniels
Quote:
Trustees approved the $58,000 bonus following a five-minute discussion Friday. The trustees did not mention Associated Press reports on emails showing that while Daniels was governor he tried to eliminate liberal “propaganda” from teacher education courses

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/21412412-537/purdue-trustees-approve-58000-bonus-for-daniels.html

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:46 am 

From Wihala Beach in the north to Sumava Resorts in the south. From liquor stores on State Line Avenue to big box stores along Cline Avenue, successful graduate of Mr. P.'s Lake Central social studies class are stocking shelves and washing dishes, probably still in awe of Mr. P.'s ability to connect everyone, everywhere, and every thing to the Nazi Party. Ever notice that the words "retired", "teacher", and "Naziism" all have seven letters? If you are Jewish and you are sitting next to a retired teacher on an airplane, you'd better not be too blatant about ordering a Kosher meal. "Lake Central"? Surely there are lakes in or near central Germany. Is there any doubt that the school has ties to Nazi Germany? How about Muenster in Germany and Munster, Indiana? Just how many Jews, Poles, Gypsies, Russians, and others of Eastern European descent are buried under that big hill in Centennial Park? Why were there once torches burning there 24/7/365? Where is Munster hiding its equivalent of Bergen-Belsen? I never took Mr. P.'s social studies class so I surely don't know but I'm sure you can find many of his former students at Work One offices between 2:00-3:00PM looking real hard for openings in retail and government institutions.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:36 pm 

Indiana jobless rate inches up slightly in June
Quote:
The Indiana Department of Workforce Development reported the state's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate edged up to 8.4 percent in June from 8.3 percent in May.

Quote:
The national rate of 7.6 percent.

http://www.nwitimes.com/business/local/indiana-jobless-rate-inches-up-slightly-in-june/article_b11c9680-01b4-5aed-8549-5937414cdd4a.html

Yep all those attacks on the working people of Indiana that the rethugs have said will bring in thousands of jobs are really working...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:44 pm 

I KNEW this guy was a POS the entire time he ruined the school system here...
Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS | Former Indiana and current Florida schools chief Tony Bennett built his national star by promising to hold "failing" schools accountable. But when it appeared an Indianapolis charter school run by a prominent Republican donor might receive a poor grade, Bennett's education team frantically overhauled his signature "A-F" school grading system to improve the school's marks.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/state-and-regional/indiana/ap-exclusive-gop-donor-s-school-grade-changed/article_2493121a-2913-5091-8891-af3b4d65dbf1.html

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:26 am 

Florida education commissioner Tony Bennett resigns
Quote:
TALLAHASSEE — Tony Bennett resigned Thursday as Florida education commissioner following two days of raging controversy over school grading in his home state of Indiana.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/education/k12/florida-education-commissioner-tony-bennett-expected-to-resign-today/2134254

Another controversy from my man bitch's administration...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:22 pm 

INDIANAPOLIS | The Indiana Department of Education has confirmed former State Superintendent Tony Bennett improperly altered school accountability grades.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/ritz-recalculating-school-grades-in-wake-of-bennett-scandal/article_fb2802d5-115b-519b-97f9-bab10da97782.html

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:04 pm 

Another lie by the rethuglicons...RIGHT TO WORK...
Quote:
After 16 consecutive months of Indiana's jobless rate above the national average -- it's 8.4 percent now, compared to 7.4 for the U.S. -- the cold reality is that we have a problem with a quarter of a million Hoosiers chronically out of work.

Quote:
I wrote an analysis in which I noted that for almost the past nine years, we've had Republican governors who have made job creation and education reform top priorities, and yet we've been over 8 percent unemployment since early 2009.

Quote:
The ironic aspect to this is that the chronic 8 percent jobless rate may be just the thing that flushes the central scrutinizers in the House and Senate out of office over the next two election cycles.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/opinion/columnists/brian-howey/brian-howey-indiana-s-jobs-problem-may-be-local-not/article_2111fefd-d353-522f-8257-5695f0d8f8cb.html

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:23 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Another lie by the rethuglicons...RIGHT TO WORK...
Quote:
After 16 consecutive months of Indiana's jobless rate above the national average -- it's 8.4 percent now, compared to 7.4 for the U.S. -- the cold reality is that we have a problem with a quarter of a million Hoosiers chronically out of work.

Quote:
I wrote an analysis in which I noted that for almost the past nine years, we've had Republican governors who have made job creation and education reform top priorities, and yet we've been over 8 percent unemployment since early 2009.

Quote:
The ironic aspect to this is that the chronic 8 percent jobless rate may be just the thing that flushes the central scrutinizers in the House and Senate out of office over the next two election cycles.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/opinion/columnists/brian-howey/brian-howey-indiana-s-jobs-problem-may-be-local-not/article_2111fefd-d353-522f-8257-5695f0d8f8cb.html

Dear Stupid,

It is an OPINION piece, not a news item.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:42 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
It is an OPINION piece, not a news item.

Opinion?.....
Quote:

Opinion?....
Indiana incomes continue behind national levels
Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — New Census Bureau figures show that the income of Indiana households trailed the national median by 9 percent last year.

Quote:
The Indiana Community Action Association says that Indiana's decline over that period was the fourth largest in the country.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/state-and-regional/indiana/indiana-incomes-continue-behind-national-levels/article_75fbafa8-77a9-5fb7-810e-7cac1b621dc5.html

Yep...Right to work doing just working out great...thanks to those rethuglicon rubes downstate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next