Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Obama drives USA over fiscal cliff
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:28 pm 

Fun Fact Of The Day: Obamas Borrowed More Per Household ($53,616) Than Median Household Earns ($50,502)
If every working American gave 100% of their pay for a year the US could bail Obama out. That sounds like fun.

Quote:
Under President Barack Obama, the federal government’s debt has increased by an amount per household that exceeds the annual median household income.

Since Obama’s first inauguration on Jan. 20, 2009, the federal debt has climbed $6,167,472,778,984.22. That equals about $53,616 for each of the 115,031,000 households the Census Bureau currently estimates are in the country.

By contrast, the Census Bureau’s most recent estimate of the median household income was $50,502 (for 2011).

If the federal government increased taxes sufficiently to take from the private sector the equivalent of $50,502 for every household in the country—that is, an amount that equals the median household income multiplied by the total number of households ($50,502 x $115,031,000), it would only take in $5,809,295,562,000.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:32 pm 

WH In Full Retreat As FAA Sequester Stunt Backfires; Congress Passes Legislation To Halt The Obama Furloughs
Ohh, burn, even his home town paper knows it’s a ploy

Quote:
The Obama administration’s second installment of sequester scare tactics is working about as well as its first go ’round. Run away:

The White House has endorsed a plan to eliminate FAA spending cuts that have cause air travel delays across the country. The agency has been forced to furlough air traffic controllers as part of the automatic budget cuts that kicked in this spring. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid wants to end the cuts by claiming savings from the draw down of war spending in Iraq and Afghanistan. Republicans reject his proposal calling it an accounting gimmick.

Of course it’s an accounting gimmick. The point is that Democrats are desperate to extricate themselves from this mess, which they orchestrated in a bone-headed attempt to rile public anger against any spending cuts. Good luck with this, guys. Instead of hurting Republicans — which was the entire point — this entirely manufactured crisis has infuriated travelers, who inconveniently (a) seem to recall that the sequester was proposed and signed by Obama, and (b) aren’t buying the idea that a tiny reduction in the rate of spending increase is enough to justify disruptive furloughs. They’re right on both counts, and even some mainstream media outlets have taken the administration to the woodshed. Here’s the Chicago Tribune, Obama’s hometown paper that endorsed him twice,upbraiding the president. Zero words minced:

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:12 pm 

Obama Whines: Republicans Are Trying To “Extort” Me!
Settle down, Barry, nobody is trying to extort you.
Quote:
President Barack Obama turned to business leaders on Wednesday ahead of brewing fiscal fights, urging them to oppose GOP efforts to link raising the debt limit to further spending cuts and entitlement reforms.

“You have never seen in the history of the United States the debt ceiling being used to extort a president or a governing party,” Obama said in a speech to the Business Roundtable.

The White House and Congress face two looming deadlines. Lawmakers must pass a spending bill to prevent a government shutdown on October 1 and two weeks later must raise the nation’s borrowing limit to avoid a default.

House Republicans, though, are moving ahead with plans to defund Obamacare in their spending bill, a measure likely dead on arrival in the Senate. GOP lawmakers also want Obama to agree to more spending cuts before signing off on increasing the debt ceiling.

Obama told the nation’s top corporate executives that strategy would wreak havoc on the economy.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:55 am 

Arc is still babbling to himself I see, LOL.

There is nothing more pleasant and entertaining than watching republicans eat their own and looking like utter fools.
The extremist lunatics have taken over the party...giddy up. :smt005

Quote:
The Power of 218
If House Republicans can't hold together, they have no leverage at all

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... _&_outlook

Quote:
Karl Rove: The GOP's Self-Defeating 'Defunding' Strategy

It will only strengthen the president while alienating independents.
The desire to strike at ObamaCare is praiseworthy. But any strategy to repeal, delay or replace the law must have a credible chance of succeeding or affecting broad public opinion positively.

The defunding strategy doesn't. Going down that road would strengthen the president while alienating independents. It is an ill-conceived tactic, and Republicans should reject it.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... on_LEADTop

Last edited by edge540 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:42 am 

edge540 wrote:
Arc is still babbling to himself, I see, LOL.

There is nothing more pleasant and entertaining than watching republicans eat their own.
The extremist lunatics have taken over the party...giddy up. :smt005

I see the repub rubes in the house voted to defund the Healthcare LAW (again). I say let 'em keep on what they are doing...It will just cement their role as the lower-level wing nut party for decades to come!

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:45 am 

What's hilarious is that that there are conservtive morons out there who actually believe in the nonsense that it can be really defunded.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:29 am 

edge540 wrote:
conservtive morons

You mean those of us who can spell?

You have got to love the irony...

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:51 pm 

Obama: America Will Be A Nation Of “Deadbeats” If We Don’t Raise Debt Ceiling
If Obama had his way we’d be a country full of welfare leeches.

Quote:
With that, he lashed familiarly at Republicans in Congress who were — as Obama hit the ground in Missouri — advancing legislation sure to invite a face-down with Obama and a possible government shutdown.

“The debate that’s going on in Congress is not meeting the test of helping the middle class,” the president said. “They’re focused on politics. They’ve focused on messing with me. They’re not focused on you.”

And he attacked efforts on Capitol Hill to resist raising the federal debt limit, warning to not do so would make Americans “deadbeats” and “we could have another financial crisis.”

Then, speaking to workers who put together pickup trucks, likened a refusal to raising the debt ceiling to blowing off monthly payments on a auto loan.

“You don’t say ‘I’m not going to pay my bill, my note, for my truck because I’m saving money,’” Obama said. “Once you bought the truck, you can’t say you’re saving money simply by not paying the bill. … This is not a deadbeat nation. We don’t run out on our tab.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:53 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
edge540 wrote:
conservtive morons

Good to see you admit that you're a conservative moron.
More good stuff, LOL:
Quote:
Rep. Pete King calls Cruz a 'fraud'

By Rebecca Shabad - 09/20/13

Rep. Pete King (R-N.Y.) called Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) “a fraud” on Friday, according to multiple reports.

King's criticism was rooted in Cruz's support for tying language defunding ObamaCare to a bill funding the government.

CNN reported that King called Cruz a fraud who will “no longer have any influence in the Republican Party.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:22 pm 

Two Democrats Voted To Defund Obamacare
Something tells me these two wouldn’t be getting their groove on with Barack at the White House any time soon

Quote:
Two Democratic members of the House voted with Republicans Friday to defund Obamacare and fund the government until the end of the year: Utah Rep. Jim Matheson and North Carolina Rep. Mike McIntyre.

Matheson is the sole Democratic member of the Utah delegation, a state that Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney won with almost 73 percent of the vote. Matheson, on the other hand, eked out a win in 2012, beating former Saratoga Springs Mayor Mia Love in 2012 by fewer than 3,000 votes.

Love has said she will challenge Matheson again in 2014.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:31 pm 

edge540 wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
edge540 wrote:
conservtive morons

Good to see you admit that you're a conservative moron.
More good stuff, LOL:

You consider me a moron, yet I am smart enough to spell better than you, that has got to hurt your self esteem.

You know...unless you are too stupid to grasp the meaning..which of course, I have to consider the source.

You have got to appreciate the irony...Stupid.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:44 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
You consider me a moron...

Yep, that's right.
People who vote against their own best interests are not only morons, conservatives like you are the most stupid and ignorant creatures on the planet.

And BTW, making a typo now and and then does not make me stupid. You pointing out typos is all you have left. It's not only lame it's really sad.

You may now resume babbling to yourself. :smt006

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:54 pm 

Bloomberg Poll: Americans Reject Obama’s Position on Raising Debt Ceiling By 2-To-1 Ratio
He obviously could care less what the little people think.

Quote:
Americans by a 2-to-1 ratio disagree with President Barack Obama’s contention that Congress should raise the U.S. debt limit without conditions.

Instead, 61 percent say that it’s “right to require spending cuts when the debt ceiling is raised even if it risks default,” because Congress lacks spending discipline, according to a Bloomberg National Poll conducted Sept. 20-23.

That sentiment is shared by almost three-quarters of Republicans, two-thirds of independents, and a plurality of Democrats. Just 28 percent of respondents backed Obama’s call for a clean bill that has no add-on provisions.

“Sometimes it can be hard to negotiate if Republicans are making irrational demands, but to say ‘I’m not going to talk at all’ — I’ve just never found not negotiating to be an effective way to get something done,” Sam Manders, a 29-year-old lacrosse coach from Gray, Maine, and a Democrat, said in a follow-up interview.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:17 pm 

White House Can’t Cite Any Steps Taken By Obama Admin To Soften Impact of Shutdown
For obvious reasons.

Quote:
WASHINGTON — White House spokesman Jay Carney declined to describe any steps taken by President Obama to soften the impact of the government shutdown on Americans.

Instead, Carney tried to blame Congress for the actions of officials in Obama’s agencies who have denied use of free government services by blockading public spaces and parks, shutting down White House and agency websites, and excluding Catholic priests from military bases.

Has the president “used his agency power and asked any regulator to make life easier in any way for Americans, for example … not putting out signs, not picketing parks, and restarting websites?” The Daily Caller asked Carney in the Oct. 4 White House briefing. “Please give me some examples.”

Carney evaded the question by talking about what the president believes, not what he does.

“What I can tell you the president believes that the Speaker of the House, and he’s asking —” Carney replied without offering any examples.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:58 am 

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next