Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Obama: most corrupt, power-mad president in history
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:13 am 

Quote:
Obama: The Mask is Off
American Thinker, by Steve McCann

The mask is fully off. Barack Obama is the most corrupt, power-mad president in this nation's illustrious history. By his actions in bypassing Congress and making appointments that should be subject to Senate approval while the Senate is still in session and innumerable extra-constitutional actions since he became president, he is following in the footsteps of the despots who dominated the 20th century.

In late September of 2008, it became clear to me that Barack Obama would be elected president. Based on his background, education, motivation, and indoctrination, I saw a man who could single-handedly destroy the country and someone with no respect for the history, the Constitution, or the people of the United States. The specter of a megalomaniac who was a stranger to the truth and would or say or do anything to achieve or retain power overcame me. In Barack Obama and his fellow travelers, I saw what I feared the most since I came to this country: a person and a political mindset that would, if allowed, spell the end of the noblest experiment in the history of mankind.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/01/ ... z1ih9j2JSU

Post subject: Re: Obama: most corrupt, power-mad president in history
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:52 am 

Quote:
...while the Senate is still in session...

That's a lie.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/316113/the-da ... ded+videos)

Boo hoo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:16 am 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:
...while the Senate is still in session...

That's a lie.

because john Stewart said so?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:19 am 

No, anybody with half a brain would say so. Glad you watched the video. :smt005

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:39 am 

edge540 wrote:
No, anybody with half a brain would say so.

thanks for proving my point.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:39 pm 

It doesn't change the fact that the senate is not in session, it's still a right wing lie & that the fact is all presidents have issued signing statements.
translation:
BFD
It's nothing new, but hey, keep on crying...it's entertaining.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:47 pm 

Bush made no such appointments.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:25 pm 

Is that what the voices in your head are telling you?
The most incompetent, inept & dysfunctional president in the history of this country made plenty of recess appointments:
Quote:

George Bush Recess Appointments:

President George W. Bush appointed two judges during Senate recesses, William Pryor and Charles Pickering, to U.S. courts of appeals after their nominations were filibustered by Senate Democrats. Judge Pickering, whom Bush appointed to the Fifth Circuit, withdrew his name from consideration for renomination and retired when his recess appointment expired. Judge Pryor was subsequently confirmed by the Senate for a lifetime appointment to the Eleventh Circuit.
On August 1, 2005, Bush made a recess appointment of John Bolton, to serve as U.S. representative to the United Nations. Bolton had also been the subject of a Senate filibuster. The filibuster concerned documents that the White House refused to release, which Democrats suggested may contain proof of Bolton's abusive treatment and coercion of staff members or of his improper use of National Security Agency communications intercepts regarding U.S. citizens. Having failed to win Senate confirmation, he resigned his office in December 2006 concurrently with the adjournment of the 109th Congress.

On April 4, 2007, during the Easter recess of Congress, Bush announced three recess appointments. The first was Sam Fox to serve as U.S. Ambassador to Belgium. Fox's appointment had been thwarted in Congress because he had donated $50,000 to the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth during the 2004 presidential campaign, a group whose advertisements many Democrats blamed for John Kerry's loss. The second appointment announced that day was Susan Dudley to head the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) at the Office of Management and Budget.

The third recess appointment on April 4 was Andrew G. Biggs to serve as Deputy Commissioner of the Social Security Administration. Biggs was investigated by Senate Democrats in 2005, while serving as Assistant Commissioner for the Social Security Administration, concerning whether he violated a federal ban on congressional lobbying by federal employees when he edited the prepared testimony for a

Barry has made has made 28 recess appointments so far compared with 61 made by the SFB from Texas at this same point, genius.

Last edited by edge540 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:27 pm 

I smell a lawsuit...
Quote:
Here's why the President finds himself so far outside of constitutional bounds. Under Article II, section 2, clause 2 of the Constitution, the President has the power to fill vacancies that may happen during Senate recesses. In this case, President Obama was seeking to fill the vacancy in the CFPB, a new agency that has come under significant criticism given its unparalleled powers to issue expansive regulations with virtually no accountability. Republicans in the Senate, to date, have refused to confirm the President's nominees to head up the CFPB, vowing to block Senate approval until reforms are made to the agency. So President Obama has decided to act without their approval by attempting to make a recess appointment. The trouble is that Congress is not in a recess because the House of Representatives never consented, as required under the Constitution, Article I, section 5. That means that the President simply does not have the power to make this appointment.
...also...
Quote:
Apart from Cordray, the President also plans to make three appointments to the National Labor Relations Board without Senate approval, which will fundamentally alter the makeup of the board and enable the President to realize his Big Labor agenda. That means an unrestrained push to unionize businesses at all costs and punish companies that seek to grow in non-union states (as was attempted in the Boeing case) -- even if it means harming both workers and the economy.
...plus...
Quote:
The President is headed to the Pentagon today to unveil a significantly reduced military and the largest defense budget cut since the end of the Cold War, despite America's continued obligations abroad and the ongoing threat of terrorism.
I threw this in just for the hell of it...

Last edited by LoisLane on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:38 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
Bush made no such appointments.

uh, huh...
Quote:
President Bush bypassed Congress Monday and appointed John Bolton (search) to be the next U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.
"This post is too important to leave vacant any longer, especially during a war and a vital debate about U.N. reform. So today I've used my constitutional authority to appoint John Bolton to serve as America's ambassador to the United Nations (search)," Bush said, with Bolton at his side, during an announcement in the Roosevelt Room of the White House.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,164 ... z1iiFSLErz

You ever get embarrassed?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:48 pm 

Quote:
Here's why the President finds himself so far outside of constitutional bounds....

Yeah I'm shocked that some partisan rabid right wing crank would find this "far outside of constitutional bounds", LOL.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fed ... _blog.html
Quote:
The Senate has been meeting in a series of pro-forma sessions, essentially keeping the body “open” even though it’s not formally meeting. With Wednesday’s recess appointments, the Obama White House is essentially declaring those sessions a sham.

Good luck with that lawsuit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:53 pm 

LoisLane wrote:
I smell a lawsuit...
Quote:
Here's why the President finds himself so far outside of constitutional bounds. Under Article II, section 2, clause 2 of the Constitution, the President has the power to fill vacancies that may happen during Senate recesses. In this case, President Obama was seeking to fill the vacancy in the CFPB, a new agency that has come under significant criticism given its unparalleled powers to issue expansive regulations with virtually no accountability. Republicans in the Senate, to date, have refused to confirm the President's nominees to head up the CFPB, vowing to block Senate approval until reforms are made to the agency. So President Obama has decided to act without their approval by attempting to make a recess appointment. The trouble is that Congress is not in a recess because the House of Representatives never consented, as required under the Constitution, Article I, section 5. That means that the President simply does not have the power to make this appointment.

If someone takes him to court for it, it could be the catalyst to end his entitled behavior.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:58 pm 

Quote:
If someone takes him to court for it, it could be the catalyst to end his entitled behavior.

Maybe in your wet dream
Quote:
I threw this in just for the hell of it...

Good for you, Lois

Quote:

Obama's 2012 defense budget bigger than Bush's or Reagan's, largest since WWII, to grow 5% next year

It would be easier to tolerate some of the budget hysteria if someone in Washington had the guts to chop the defense budget down to size. The military's feeding frenzy has to stop, yet neither the Democrats nor the Republicans are serious about doing anything. There's something fundamentally wrong if this is truly "the minimum level of funding we can live with."

ThinkProgress has the gory details.

Indeed, while Gates promised to cut $78 billion over five years, most of that reduction would take place in 2014 and 2015. As Center for American Progress senior fellow and President Reagan’s former assistant secretary of defense Larry Korb points out, Obama’s request is “5% higher than what the Defense Department plans to spend this year. In inflation-adjusted dollars, this figure is higher than at any time during the Bush years or during the Cold War.” In fact, the total military budget this year “comes in at a thumping $750 billion — an annual tax of more than $7,000 on every household in the country.” And while there are clear ways to cut $1 trillion from the Pentagon budget, it seems that many in the GOP have no intention of doing so.
While we're at it, can someone explain why we're still stuck in either the quagmire in Afghanistan or the other one in Iraq? We could certainly use the spare cash at home as opposed to it being stuffed in the pockets of corrupt politicians overseas and dropped off in banks in Dubai. Let them get their own money.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:09 pm 

edge540 wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Maybe in your wet dream

Senate Dem Blocks Obama Pick for Federal Court

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:38 pm 

Obama will release a movie before the 2012 election about the killing on bin Laden (propaganda). He will also buy the votes of immigrants who have family that want to immigrate here or are here illegally. He will also buy the votes or use contributions of Union workers. Obama and his administration rely on the poor, the illegal and the Unions to get re-elected. If Obama is re-elected, America as we know it will end.