Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: ISLAM IN THE MODERN WORLD
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:28 pm 

I get called a racist and or bigot by a few faggot leftoids on this forum because I'm not ''tolerant'' of religions such as the one described below...

Quote:
Raped girl, 13, stoned to death
Associated Press PM

Mogadishu - A 13-year-old girl who said she had been raped was stoned to death in Somalia after being accused of adultery by Islamic militants, a human rights group said.

Dozens of men stoned Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow to death on October 27 in a stadium packed with 1 000 spectators in the southern port city of Kismayo, Amnesty International and Somali media reported, citing witnesses.

The Islamic militia in charge of Kismayo had accused her of adultery after she reported that three men had raped her, the rights group said

http://www.news24.com/News24/Africa/News/0,,2-11-1447_2419716,00.html

Now I don't know about the leftoids who label and curse at me think about it, but burying a 13 year old girl up to her neck and throwing rocks at her head until she is dead as punishment for getting raped by 3 men is pretty frikken sick and twisted...

And these barbaric savage animals want this country to tolerate their laws here...

Post subject: Re: ISLAM IN THE MODERN WORLD
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:52 pm 

Barbaric yes ... horribly barbaric ... but it is a cultural reaction and not a religious one. It is not isolated to islam ... even christians in the 3rd world participate in honor killings. Amazing how totally uninformed you are ... and refuse to do the research to learn anything at all.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:28 pm 

I'm not buying for one minute that you actually give one s*** about some murdered Muslim girl. You've said on repeated occasions that they are nothing more than animals. It's sad and it's disgusting, but so is your phony compassion.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:36 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:

And these barbaric savage animals want this country to tolerate their laws here...

I think mattlapp and deelight have entirely missed the point. Christian honor killings in the third world have nothing to do with what is beginning to happen in this country with the muslims. And if you don't think for one minute we have begun to bow down to certain things in our schools for muslims than you guys need to read up on matters. This is how it all started in Europe with the muslims. Give them an inch and they take a step or two. Now, the question is, do mattlapp and deelight even have any idea as to the problems Europe is experiencing with muslims? And if you don't think that if it happened there....it can happen anywhere and that it's not up to New York, New York. You better think again. Europe's muslim problems:

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/art ... 0934.shtml

:D :smt006

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:27 pm 

Comedian,

The problem they are having in Europe are due to a huge (very comparable with our influx of Latin American immigrants) increase in immigrants (both legal and illegal) from North Africa. They live in the slums of Italy, France and other parts of Europe and are the lowest income and highest unemployment. Europe let the immigration get out of control. That was their mistake in the hopes of bringing in cheap labor and making their products more competitive on the global market.

Moby's aim was very clear ... Islam bad ...Christian good. When that absolutely is not the case. The Christian right is going to be the end of the Republican party and quite frankly they are at the point where they get what they deserve. They need to stop pandering to the bible thumpers.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:29 pm 
Banned

Moby Grape wrote:
I get called a racist and or bigot by a few faggot leftoids on this forum because I'm not ''tolerant'' of religions such as the one described below...

You're also not "tolerant" of Blacks and Latinos. There are probably more groups but you tend to spend most of your time bashing those.

The only people that don't see you for the racist you are,are other slime balls with similar views.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:46 pm 

The liberals are not tolerant of Christians and Conservatives, and bash away. Pot calling the kettle black???

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:54 pm 
Banned

Tiger1 wrote:
The liberals are not tolerant of Christians and Conservatives, and bash away. Pot calling the kettle black???

I'm tolerant of both. Unfortunately,both have been hijacked by right-wing kooks like Pat Robertson,James Dobson,and Bush/Cheney.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:02 am 

mattlap wrote:
Comedian,

The problem they are having in Europe are due to a huge (very comparable with our influx of Latin American immigrants) increase in immigrants (both legal and illegal) from North Africa. They live in the slums of Italy, France and other parts of Europe and are the lowest income and highest unemployment. Europe let the immigration get out of control. That was their mistake in the hopes of bringing in cheap labor and making their products more competitive on the global market.

Moby's aim was very clear ... Islam bad ...Christian good. When that absolutely is not the case. The Christian right is going to be the end of the Republican party and quite frankly they are at the point where they get what they deserve. They need to stop pandering to the bible thumpers.

I can't speak for Moby but I don't think that was the only point he was making and I disagree that Europe's main problem is Latin Americans. They have been having major problems with the muslims and I don't think you read my link. What exactly do you mean that the Christian right get what they deserve and will be the demise of the Republican party? I know I for one am no longer a Catholic because of the way they turned a blind eye to homosexual priests and tried to cover it up. Before any of that happened though I changed religions because I knew many priests were gay . That only re-inforced my decision with no regrets. Hiding under the guise of religion to prey on children is as low as it goes. Christian people should not be labeled as bad people because of the way the church handled all that though. Religion is a good thing for the most part with the exception of extremism. Anyhow, here is a few paragraphs from that link:

As terrorism expert Michael Radu of the Philadelphia-based Foreign Policy Research Institute points out, there are between 12 million and 16 million Muslims living in the European Union's 15 member states, "more than in most Arab countries."

Given these figures, Radu wondered in a recent FPRI lecture if EU governments were becoming hostages to these minorities. Many of their members are, after all, voters, an important point to be considered by politicians of all stripes, especially in France.

:smt006

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:15 am 

comedian wrote:
mattlap wrote:
Comedian,

I can't speak for Moby but I don't think that was the only point he was making and I disagree that Europe's main problem is Latin Americans. They have been having major problems with the muslims and I don't think you read my link. What exactly do you mean that the Christian right get what they deserve and will be the demise of the Republican party? I know I for one am no longer a Catholic because of the way they turned a blind eye to homosexual priests and tried to cover it up. Before any of that happened though I changed religions because I knew many priests were gay . That only re-inforced my decision with no regrets. Hiding under the guise of religion to prey on children is as low as it goes. Christian people should not be labeled as bad people because of the way the church handled all that though. Religion is a good thing for the most part with the exception of extremism. Anyhow, here is a few paragraphs from that link:

As terrorism expert Michael Radu of the Philadelphia-based Foreign Policy Research Institute points out, there are between 12 million and 16 million Muslims living in the European Union's 15 member states, "more than in most Arab countries."

Given these figures, Radu wondered in a recent FPRI lecture if EU governments were becoming hostages to these minorities. Many of their members are, after all, voters, an important point to be considered by politicians of all stripes, especially in France.

:smt006

You misread my post. I said their problem with muslim immigration is very similar to our problems with latin american immigration. They are lower educated and bring a higher rate of unemployment. The French Riots a few years ago had little or nothing to do with religion other than it happened in a predominantly muslim slum outside of Paris. I had much more to do with the 20% unemployment rate and a perceived prejudice when 3 muslim teenagers were shot by police. Very similar to what would have happened here in a ghetto. It's most certainly wrong ... but not some reaction of islam.

The problem I have is anyone dictating my morality or trying to dictate how I should believe and how I should act. There are evangelical preachers as guilt of that as any of the worst taliban mullahs. They call other christians heretics because they are not of the same christian sect. And by their own scandals they are guilty of the same infallibility of man. The Christian right has their own agenda which has pushed moderates towards the left. I am a financial conservative, but a social moderate and am let without a place in the current Republican party structure. That leaves me on the sidelines mainly because I cannot in good conscience support the current Republican agenda .... and yet I disagree with the majority of Obama's policy choices.

I am sure I am not alone and the Republican party needs to realize they are marginalizing a large part of their base and are going to suffer defeats because they are pandering to the religious zealots.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:01 am 

mattlap wrote:
That leaves me on the sidelines mainly because I cannot in good conscience support the current Republican agenda .... and yet I disagree with the majority of Obama's policy choices.

I am sure I am not alone and the Republican party needs to realize they are marginalizing a large part of their base and are going to suffer defeats because they are pandering to the religious zealots.

Well I most certainly did misread your post. :cry: Are you saying you don't support the current Bush agenda or the McCain agenda or both? Oh, your not alone as I am pretty much in agreement with you on that one. To me not voting McCain is like voting for Obama. Therefore, I can not in good conscience remain on the sidelines. This country is in serious,serious trouble with an Obama presidency and I do not think anymore understands that nor will they unless he does become president. I know you think the Republicans need to learn a lesson by losing but that lesson could prove to be a dangerous one in many ways. Obama will use "social justice" instead of rule of law. I trust McCain much more than Obama. We know who McCain is. We trully do not know Obama at all, the media made sure of that. That alone speaks volumes to me. :smt006

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:16 pm 

mattlap wrote:
Moby's aim was very clear ... Islam bad ...Christian good.

mattlap wrote:
even christians in the 3rd world participate in honor killings. Amazing how totally uninformed you are

ISLAMIC TERRORISTS HAVE CARRIED OUT 12,160 DEADLY ATTACKS SINCE 9/11

Weekly Jihad Report Oct 18 - Oct 24

Jihad Attacks: 39

Dead Bodies: 150

Critically Injured: 119

How many deadly attacks have the Christians committed this week Matt?

Oh and...

mattlap wrote:
but it is a cultural reaction and not a religious one.

really?...explain the difference.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:37 pm 

deelight wrote:
I'm not buying for one minute that you actually give one s*** about some murdered Muslim girl. You've said on repeated occasions that they are nothing more than

ZZZZZZZ......ZZZZZZZZzzzzzz.....ZZZZZZZZzzzzzz....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:48 pm 

comedian wrote:
mattlap wrote:
That leaves me on the sidelines mainly because I cannot in good conscience support the current Republican agenda .... and yet I disagree with the majority of Obama's policy choices.

Well I most certainly did misread your post. :cry: Are you saying you don't support the current Bush agenda or the McCain agenda or both? Oh, your not alone as I am pretty much in agreement with you on that one. To me not voting McCain is like voting for Obama. Therefore, I can not in good conscience remain on the sidelines. This country is in serious,serious trouble with an Obama presidency and I do not think anymore understands that nor will they unless he does become president. I know you think the Republicans need to learn a lesson by losing but that lesson could prove to be a dangerous one in many ways. Obama will use "social justice" instead of rule of law. I trust McCain much more than Obama. We know who McCain is. We trully do not know Obama at all, the media made sure of that. That alone speaks volumes to me. :smt006

Well I think the agendas of BOTH parties are being controlled by the extremes and that is a dangerous thing. I do not agree with the Bush agenda or McCains.

The country is in serious trouble with either president ... but americans are resilient and will persevere in either case and usually it generates change for the better. I really don't think either president is going to make that big of a change in the next 4 years. They are dealt cards that neither can deal with and are quite frankly along for the ride. I don't envy either in winning .... if I was obama I would be saying "Yes I am muslim ...Yes my wife hates America ....vote for John McCain"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:00 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:

Oh and...

mattlap wrote:
but it is a cultural reaction and not a religious one.

really?...explain the difference.

Because it is an accepted action in those parts of the world regardless of religion. Be it Hindu, Christian, Jewish, or Islamic

If you would bother to do the research you would see that historically honor killings have taken place. Luckily most of the world has moved to more civilized thinking. Ancient ways are much more than a religious breakdown. It reaches to a time when the family honor and name was more important than anything else.