Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: OBAMA GASOLINE PRICES $5.00 AND UP
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:13 am 

Why don't you comment on this fact and start complaining to companies...(remember drill baby drill)...well they are doing it, but selling it to the highest bidder...and the US is not the highest bidder...Why aren't you bitching at the oil companies...

In a first, gas and other fuels are top U.S. export
Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) – For the first time, the top export of the United States, the world's biggest gas guzzler, is — wait for it — fuel.

Quote:
There's at least one domestic downside to America's growing role as a fuel exporter. Experts say the trend helps explain why U.S. motorists are paying more for gasoline. The more fuel that's sent overseas, the less of a supply cushion there is at home.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/industries/energy/story/2011-12-31/united-states-export/52298812/1

SORT OF PUTS TO REST YOU AND THE REST OF THE RETHUGLICONS THEORY THAT THE MORE WE DRILL THE LESS WE HAVE PAY...REMEMBER...THAT IS HOW A BUSINESS OPERATES...MAXIMIZE PROFITS...AREN'T THE RETHUGS ALL FOR BIG BUSINESS...SO QUIT YOUR BITCHING...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:24 pm 

Americans Paying $900 More A Year On Gas Under Obama
Quote:
On the first day of President Barack Obama’s first term, gas cost $1.84 a gallon. Today, a gallon of gas costs $3.74.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:41 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Americans Paying $900 More A Year On Gas Unde Obama

Drivers endure high gas prices despite US oil boom
Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) — The U.S. is increasing its oil production faster than ever, and American drivers are guzzling less gas. But you'd never know it from the price at the pump.

Quote:
U.S. drivers are competing with drivers worldwide for every gallon of gasoline. As the developing economies of Asia and Latin America expand, their energy consumption is rising, which puts pressure on fuel supplies and prices everywhere else.

Quote:
U.S. refiners are free to sell gasoline and diesel to the highest bidder around the world. In 2011, the U.S. became a net exporter of fuels for the first time in 60 years. Mexico and Canada are the two biggest destinations for U.S. fuels, followed by Brazil and the Netherlands.

http://news.yahoo.com/drivers-endure-high-gas-prices-despite-us-oil-213112070.html

This is capitalism at work...why are you crying about it?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:36 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Americans Paying $900 More A Year On Gas Unde Obama

Drivers endure high gas prices despite US oil boom
Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) — The U.S. is increasing its oil production faster than ever, and American drivers are guzzling less gas. But you'd never know it from the price at the pump.

Quote:
U.S. drivers are competing with drivers worldwide for every gallon of gasoline. As the developing economies of Asia and Latin America expand, their energy consumption is rising, which puts pressure on fuel supplies and prices everywhere else.

Quote:
U.S. refiners are free to sell gasoline and diesel to the highest bidder around the world. In 2011, the U.S. became a net exporter of fuels for the first time in 60 years. Mexico and Canada are the two biggest destinations for U.S. fuels, followed by Brazil and the Netherlands.

http://news.yahoo.com/drivers-endure-high-gas-prices-despite-us-oil-213112070.html

Chuck, don't bring facts into the discussion, they will confuse Arclite even more!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:39 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Quote:

No debate on capitalism? I mean you would not want to set prices or nationalize for goodness sake...So why are you so angry about the price of gas...this is how supply/demand works...Econ 101...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:38 am 

As experts in history and public policy, maybe you and Sparks Hein can explain why oil price hikes under the Bush administration were clandestine efforts to enrich a bunch of insiders but now they are the result of simple supply and demand.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:46 pm 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
As experts in history and public policy, maybe you and Sparks Hein can explain why oil price hikes under the Bush administration were clandestine efforts to enrich a bunch of insiders but now they are the result of simple supply and demand.

Sparks Hein wrote:
LaughingAtLakeCo, don't bring facts into the discussion, they will confuse chuckslow even more!

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:48 pm 

Lyingaboutnotlivinginlakecounty wrote:

A little history lesson (and some Econ 101 principles)

Gas price under bush went to $4.21 a gallon and was over $3.00 a gallon most of his last term in office
The only reason gas was at $1.85 when President Obama took office is because of the economic crash which greatly reduced demand and the crash effected all countries not just the US.
Gas prices rise with demand and as the economy has improved it is completely normal for gas prices to increase as more businesses use more fuel.
We do not have a shortage and oil drilling has quadrupled in the last 4 years and the US is now a net exporter of oil.

So our rising gas price is actually an indicator that the economy is recovering.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:25 pm 

Go back to your class lecture materials from the period. You were almost certainly implicating George Bush, Sr., George Bush, Jr., Richard Cheney, Halliburton, The Carlyle Group, the Bush family's "oil buddies", and New York speculators as the culprits causing oil price spikes. Now, its a recovering economy and simple supply and demand.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:30 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:

Gas price under bush went to $4.21 a gallon and was over $3.00 a gallon most of his last term in office
The only reason gas was at $1.85 when President Obama took office is because of the economic crash which greatly reduced demand and the crash effected all countries not just the US.
Gas prices rise with demand and as the economy has improved it is completely normal for gas prices to increase as more businesses use more fuel.
We do not have a shortage and oil drilling has quadrupled in the last 4 years and the US is now a net exporter of oil.

So our rising gas price is actually an indicator that the economy is recovering.

That is merely an opinion piece from a lefty web site.

Under Bush it was seen as his fault and a vast conspiracy, under Barry it is a sign of economic recovery while unemployment is still at 8%.

Here is the link to the original post that chuck-mo didn't want you to see.

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/g ... %20oil.%22

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:59 pm 

It's hardly a secret that neither Sparks Hein nor Chuckmo Pollen haven't had an original thought in decades. Behind every word that isn't misspelled is a left-leaning website.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:14 pm 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
It's hardly a secret that neither Sparks Hein nor Chuckmo Pollen haven't had an original thought in decades. Behind every word that isn't misspelled is a left-leaning website.

Made all the more glaring when they try to hide the source of their biased info.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:03 am 

Facts are facts...At least I presented the facts as they are...not changing drive-by posts to suit your paranoid view of reality...It is capitalism that are driving these prices...You and lyingaboutnotlivinginlakecounty have not given any other explanation...Just your drive-by posts and lyingaboutnotlivinginlakecounty's pseudo-satirical responses...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:16 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:

Wow ...you are as delusional on the left as the people on the right ..... So 0% GDP growth in the 4th quarter and 7.7% employment is an improving economy?

There are many reasons for near gas and oil being near $100, and demand is probably the least of them.

Seeing that US miles driven has hit a low since the financial crisis last month, it sure as hell isn't demand ... http://seekingalpha.com/article/1297891 ... oogle_news

Lets see ....we still have geopolitical risk ..... we have refinery constraints ..... we have cutbacks ... .and we have the all popular $85 Billion a month from the Fed entering the markets trying to pump up asset prices.

Your propaganda is ridiculous only in the fact that you truly believe it.

So by your terms, the economy was GREAT in June, 2007 because gas prices were sky high? Was the economy great because stock prices were at all time highs in October 2007? No ...we were already in recession .....

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:08 pm 

Along with supply and demand, there are also these factors:
Quote:
Rising gas and oil prices over the long-term are caused by a decline in the value of the dollar.

Quote:
You can expect gas prices to rise every spring. It seems to get earlier and earlier each year. That's because oil futures traders know demand for gas rises in the summer.

Quote:
In the winter of 2012, Iran started war games near the Straits of Hormuz. Nearly 20% of the world's oil flows through this narrow checkpoint bordering Iran and Oman. If Iran threatens to close the Straits, it raises the fear of a dramatic decline in oil supply. Oil traders bid up the price to $118.90/barrel by February 8 in anticipation of such a crisis. Gas prices soon followed, rising to $3.85 by February 25.

No I am not being delusional...This is global...
The entire premise of this discussion was to debunk the fact that the rethugs continue to think that the "drill baby drill" mantra will take care of everything...and I have shown numerous times that is not the case.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next