Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: OBAMA GASOLINE PRICES $5.00 AND UP
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:40 pm 

Prices rise above $5 for a gallon of premium gas at a Shell station at Olympic Boulevard and Fairfax Avenue in Los Angeles, California February 21, 2012. Wholesale gasoline traded 13 cents higher in the Los Angeles market on Tuesday due to a Friday fire that idled BP Plc's Cherry Point, Washington, refinery. REUTERS/Jason Redmond (UNITED STATES - Tags: ENERGY BUSINESS)
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/prices-ris ... 59219.html

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

Post subject: Re: OBAMA GASOLINE PRICES $5.00 AND UP
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:44 pm 

I can't believe that you really think that the president controls the price of oil...you can't be that naive...or can you?

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:47 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
[color=#00080]I can't believe that you really think that the president controls the price of oil...you can't be that naive...or can you?[/color]

I guess blaming President Bush for his gas prices has gone down the liberal memory hole already.

Obama is already on record stating that high gas prices will help create a stronger alternative fuel market.

Quote:
Thwarting the pipeline is just the tip of the iceberg for Obama. His own Energy Secretary Steven Chu is on record with the Wall Street Journal in September 2008: "Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe."

If Chu has his way, $6 a gallon might be in the near future if Obama and his cronies get into office for four more years. Can Americans afford four more years of Obama's anti-oil agenda?

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:01 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

That a lie:
Quote:
In a sign of one major internal difference, Mr. Chu has called for gradually ramping up gasoline taxes over 15 years to coax consumers into buying more-efficient cars and living in neighborhoods closer to work.

"Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe," Mr. Chu, who directs the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California, said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal in September.

But Mr. Obama has dismissed the idea of boosting the federal gasoline tax, a move energy experts say could be the single most effective step to promote alternative energies and temper demand. Mr. Obama said Sunday that a heightened gas tax would be a "mistake" because it would put "additional burdens on American families right now."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:06 pm 

edge540 wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

That a lie:
Quote:
In a sign of one major internal difference, [Mr. Chu has called for gradually ramping up gasoline taxes over 15 years to coax consumers into buying more-efficient cars and living in neighborhoods closer to work.

"Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe," Mr. Chu, who directs the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California, said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal in September.

But Mr. Obama has dismissed the idea of boosting the federal gasoline tax, a move energy experts say could be the single most effective step to promote alternative energies and temper demand. Mr. Obama said Sunday that a heightened gas tax would be a "mistake" because it would put "additional burdens on American families right now."

That's too funny I was going to post the very article about he was talking about raising taxes on gas...and the what the president had to say about it....another debunking...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:22 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Obama is already on record stating that high gas prices will help create a stronger alternative fuel market.

Quote:
Thwarting the pipeline is just the tip of the iceberg for Obama. His own Energy Secretary Steven Chu is on record with the Wall Street Journal in September 2008: "Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe."

If Chu has his way, $6 a gallon might be in the near future if Obama and his cronies get into office for four more years. Can Americans afford four more years of Obama's anti-oil agenda?

http://news.yahoo.com/republicans-win-b ... 00379.html

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:32 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
I can't believe that you really think that the president controls the price of oil...you can't be that naive...or can you?

why the hell not?...that idiot has completely and intentionally screwed up everything else he's stuck his greedy hands into.

Why should this be any different?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:24 am 

Actually it's the people who mr grape worships, bows down to & kisses their feet that manipulate the price of gas.
How The Gas Prices Are Manipulated By The Koch Brothers And Other Wall Street Players
Quote:
When future oil prices are expected to rise–which means when demand is expected to exceed supply–big banks and companies like Koch start buying up oil and storing it in massive containers both on land and offshore to lock in the oil for sale later at a set price.
In 2008, Fortune magazine reported that Koch Supply & Trading leased the 2-million-barrel-capacity Dubai Titan that year, the third supertanker the company has leased, because the demand for oil storage was so high that Koch and other big investors who could not secure storage on land have resorted to leasing supertankers and using them as floating oil tanks.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/02/26 ... t-players/

Conservatives, the most...you know.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:36 am 

planewreck540 wrote:

Quote:
About Us
December 31, 2010
By Matthew Desmond

Addicting Info started as a resource to discredit all the lies and propaganda that the right-wing spreads. When I undertook the project I thought I would probably have about 100 different articles about a number of different myths, and people could sort through them at will. Eventually that expanded to news and other info, and I quickly realized the DAUNTING task of actually trying to discredit EVERY right-wing myth that is in existence, especially with the constant creation of new ones.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:25 am 

edge540 wrote:
Actually it's the people who mr grape worships, bows down to & kisses their feet that manipulate the price of gas.
How The Gas Prices Are Manipulated By The Koch Brothers And Other Wall Street Players
Quote:
When future oil prices are expected to rise–which means when demand is expected to exceed supply–big banks and companies like Koch start buying up oil and storing it in massive containers both on land and offshore to lock in the oil for sale later at a set price.
In 2008, Fortune magazine reported that Koch Supply & Trading leased the 2-million-barrel-capacity Dubai Titan that year, the third supertanker the company has leased, because the demand for oil storage was so high that Koch and other big investors who could not secure storage on land have resorted to leasing supertankers and using them as floating oil tanks.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/02/26 ... t-players/

Conservatives, the most...you know.

This is the market is reacting in direct result to all the restrictions and EPA mandates set in motion by DUMBO.

who by the way has rendered the dollar worthless...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:46 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:31 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
This is the market is reacting in direct result to all the restrictions and EPA mandates set in motion by DUMBO.

Yeah right, LOL.
mr grape yet again showcases his utter ignorance & stupidity.
Fact is those "restrictions and EPA mandates" have actually cut the use of gas in this country & it's EXACTLY the reason we are EXPORTING oil & gas.
It's because the cars & trucks being made today are more fuel efficient, dumfuk.

enjoy:
http://www.treehugger.com/cars/oil-dema ... itute.html

http://money.cnn.com/2011/12/05/news/ec ... /index.htm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:59 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Fact is those "restrictions and EPA mandates" have actually cut the use of gas in this country & it's EXACTLY the reason we are EXPORTING oil & gas.

So, the basis if your argument is that even though demand is down, and the supply is high and prices are going up past $5.00 with no ceiling in sight?

Only under Dumbo!

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:10 pm 

Uh no, what I'm saying is that grape is a low information conservative moron who thinks "restrictions and EPA mandates" have something to do with the price of gas. That's as stupid & ridiculous as as saying that deregulating pesticides is a jobs bill.
World demand is high plus gas prices are being manipulated by billionaires like the Koch brothers and Wall Street. That's why oil & gas prices are still high.

The only thing you can do about it is to stop bitching and get a hybrid.

Obama doesn't have anything to do about it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:27 pm 

edge540 wrote:

Quote:

Here is another example of how the speculators are raising the price of gas...note who is one of many speculators, and these people never even take physical delivery of the oil/gas
Quote:
Senate panel by ExxonMobil Chairman Rex Tillerson, who confessed that the price of oil may have increased by as much as 40 percent thanks to speculation.

Quote:
So, who are the speculators? Well, in addition to Goldman Sachs and J.P. Morgan, there are the usual suspects (Big Oil incs) but, as it turns out– there are also hedge fund investors. Fang points out top among these investors is ” . . . Paul Singer, a billionaire investor and a major donor to Karl Rove’s network of attack groups and to Republicans on the Financial Services Committee.”

http://www.citizenvox.org/2011/09/21/wall-street-vampires-tyson-slocum-oil-financial-speculation/[/quote]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next