Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fox News Being Fox News
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:10 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
and your middle class taxes will increase...but you wont care because a rethug raised your taxes...conservative hypocrisy [/color]

My taxes are FAR more likely to be raised by Barry than by Mitt.

You must have your head further in the echo chamber than usual.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:46 pm 

CABLE NEWS RACE
TUES., SEPT. 18, 2012

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,349,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,246,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,082,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 2,059,000
FOXNEWS FIVE 2,048,000
MSNBC MADDOW 2,040,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 1,843,000
MSNBC O'DONNELL 1,743,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 1,396,000
MSNBC SHARPTON 1,101,000
CNN COOPER 723,000
CNN PIERS 662,000

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:58 pm 

NBC’s “Nightly News” topped the evening newscasts with an average of 8.15 million viewers (5.6 household rating, 11 share). ABC’s “World News” was second with 7.60 million (5.2 rating, 11 share) and the “CBS Evening News” had 5.74 million viewers (4.0 rating, 8 share).

That's 21.49 million total watching real news, plus 12 million watching 60 Minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:27 am 

Quote:
CBS Doesn't Air Obama Admitting
Mistakes in Campaign Ads

Weekly Standard, by Daniel Halper

Tonight, CBS aired a 60 Minutes interview with President Obama. But curiously enough, the news magazine show did not air a clip of Obama admitting to interviewer Steve Kroft that some of his campaign ads contain mistakes and that some even "go overboard."
Official portrait of Barack Obama

60 Minutes did, however, post the clip online. (UPDATE: CBS appears to have changed the embed code for this clip; it can now be viewed here.)

CBS describes the clip this way: "President Obama says some of his campaign ads might 'go overboard' or contain mistakes, but most of them simply highlight the differences between him and Gov. Romney."

"Look, the fact-checkers have had problems with the ads on both sides," Kroft says to Obama in the unaired clip, "and say they've been misleading and in some cases just not true. Does that disturb you? I mean, some of them are your ads."

Obama responds: "Do we see sometimes us going overboard in our campaign, are there mistakes that are made, areas where there is no doubt somebody could dispute how we are presenting things? You know, that happens in politics."

Kroft responds: "Aren't the American entitled to the truth? Or a better version of it?"

"The truth of the matter is, most of the time we're having a vigorous debate about a vision for the country," Obama says.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/cbs ... 52973.html

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:18 pm 

They just love showing car chases...and even suicides!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkGphC5hxuM&bpctr=1348969280

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:28 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
They just love showing car chases...and even suicides![/color]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkGphC5hxuM&bpctr=1348969280

I guess you have no stomach for discussing the Al Quieda led terrorist attack against our country across the middle east culminating in the deaths of an American Ambassador, two Nay Seal, and others.

Just days after repeatedly spiking the "I killed Bin Laden football for a week straight at the DNC.

Especially since Barry tried to cover it up by claiming that they were over a you tube video.

I guess you lefties are easily distracted by you tube videos.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:19 am 

Quote:
NBC Dismisses Obama Video
as Old News, Edits Out
Jeremiah Wright Comments

NewsBusters, by Kyle Drennen

In a stunning omission on Wednesday's NBC Today, brief coverage of a 2007 video of Barack Obama completely ignored the then-Senator praising his controversial pastor Jeremiah Wright as a "great leader, not just in Chicago, but all across the country." The NBC morning show adopted a dismissive attitude toward the video, with co-host Savannah Guthrie leading off the broadcast: "Conservatives circulate a five-year-old video, in a move the Obama campaign calls desperate." [Listen to the audio or watch the video after the jump]

In the report that followed, chief White House correspondent Chuck Todd further quoted Obama talking points: "In a transparent attempt to change the subject from his comments attacking half of the American people, Mitt Romney's allies re-circulated video of a 2007 event that was open to and extensively covered by the press at the time."

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drenn ... z28LMdpRe8

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:34 am 

Quote:
Laugh Track! MSNBC Boss Says
We're Not Going to 'Lay Down'
for an 'Easy Interview' with Obama

NewsBusters, by Tim Graham

MSNBC folks never stop doing the unintentional comedy routine of saying their network is so much fairer and more balanced than Fox News. In an interview with Marisa Guthrie at The Hollywood Reporter, MSNBC president Phil Griffin started up the laugh track by proclaiming that while every Republican in trouble apparently goes crying to Fox, "We are not going to lay down, do an easy interview, and President Obama knows it. We're not here to be the voice of the administration." They have too much "integrity."

Come to think of it, it's odd that it's been a long time since Obama granted a TV sitdown to Big Ed or Rachel, and especially his pal Al Sharpton. But I don't think Griffin would dare to claim Brian Williams isn't a star on MSNBC from time to time, and he has absolutely provided easy interviews to Obama (complete with "Have a good evening, sir" bow.) Here's how Griffin handled the Fox-opposite question:

THR: Are you the left-wing version of Fox News?

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham ... z28Rmqei8t

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:08 am 

Quote:
'View' takes religion, military,
abortion shots at Ann Romney
after playing 'romantic'
softball with Obamas

Fox News, by Joshua Rhett Miller

Whoopi Goldberg barely let Ann Romney settle into her seat on ABC's "The View" before pouncing on the first lady hopeful, asking why Mitt Romney didn't serve in Vietnam and if the couple is prepared to console families of fallen soldiers if voted into the White House.

Unlike a recent joint appearance on the show by President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama during which questioning ranged from how romantic is the president to the couple's anniversary, the show's five hosts skipped the softball questions and got right into red meat — including military service, abortion and the Romneys' Mormon faith.

When the Obamas' appearance aired on Sept. 25, the panel stuck to questions about the First Couple's 20th wedding anniversary and whether or not President Obama is "romantic," though they did query Obama lightly about the murder of U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens, which the president declined to characterize at the time as an act of terrorism.

Romney, 63, clad in a red dress and gold jewelry, was initially scheduled to appear with her husband, who backed out citing a scheduling conflict, according to host Barbara Walters. But his wife deftly deflected her husband's description of the female klatch as "sharp-tongued," saying the candidate called the women "sharp and young." Moments later, Goldberg asked Romney if her husband's Mormon faith precluded him or their five sons from serving in the military and whether the Romneys would be prepared to console relatives of fallen U.S. soldiers. Many Mormons serve in the military and the faith does not bar them from doing so.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10 ... z29l3Eg2yt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:32 pm 

I have to admit it was fun watching fox news last night...Rove was the best lunatic out of the bunch refusing to admit that rom-knee lost Ohio...He was fighting and screaming to the very end...Even when the rest of them started to ask him to cool it...he kept on ranting and raving (or is it roving?)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:04 pm 

MSNBC Beats Fox News By Following Its Example

Quote:
Fox's conservative cheerleaders. Stelter says MSNBC, which normally trails Fox News in overall ratings, managed to best their cable rival in the key 25-54 year-old demographic on three straight nights after last week's election. MSNBC still trails behind Fox and CNN in the number of overall viewers, but has closed the gap considerably in the recent years, by accepting their role as "the Anti-Fox News.

http://news.yahoo.com/msnbc-beats-fox-news-following-example-123919914.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:51 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:22 pm 

Moby?....Moby?...comedian?....Moby...US Latrine...?

Quote:
Mosque arsonist tells court: ‘I only know what I hear on Fox News’

An Indiana man convicted of setting fire to a mosque in Ohio told a judge on Wednesday that he committed the crimes because Fox News and conservative talk radio had convinced him that “most Muslims are terrorists.”

Randolph Linn, 52, accepted a plea deal in which he pled guilty to all charges in connection to setting a fire in the prayer room at the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo on Sept. 30. Under the deal, Linn is expected to serve 20 years in prison instead of 40.

Linn explained to the court that he had gotten “riled up” after watching Fox News.

“And I was more sad when Judge [Jack] Zouhary asked him that, ‘Do you know any Muslims or do you know what Islam is?’” one mosque member who attended the hearing recalled to WNWO. “And he said, ‘No, I only know what I hear on Fox News and what I hear on radio.’”

“Muslims are killing Americans and trying to blow stuff up,” Linn also reportedly told the judge. “Most Muslims are terrorists and don’t believe in Jesus Christ.”

Linn claimed that he had consumed 45 beers in the 6 hours before leaving his Indiana home to set fire to the mosque, which he had discovered while working as a truck driver.

After his arrest on Oct. 2, Assistant U.S. Attorney Ava Dusten said that Linn had told officers, “Fu*k those Muslims… They would kill us if they got the chance.”

Linn is due back in court on April 16, 2013 for a formal sentencing.

A survey released by Fairleigh Dickinson University earlier this year determined that Fox News viewers were actually less informed that Americans who watched no news at all. In fact, at least seven studies in recent years have confirmed that Fox News viewers are more likely to be misinformed than other Americans.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:14 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Moby?....Moby?...comedian?....Moby...US Latrine...?

Quote:
Mosque arsonist tells court: ‘I only know what I hear on Fox News’

An Indiana man convicted of setting fire to a mosque in Ohio told a judge on Wednesday that he committed the crimes because Fox News and conservative talk radio had convinced him that “most Muslims are terrorists.”

Randolph Linn, 52, accepted a plea deal in which he pled guilty to all charges in connection to setting a fire in the prayer room at the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo on Sept. 30. Under the deal, Linn is expected to serve 20 years in prison instead of 40.

Linn explained to the court that he had gotten “riled up” after watching Fox News.

“And I was more sad when Judge [Jack] Zouhary asked him that, ‘Do you know any Muslims or do you know what Islam is?’” one mosque member who attended the hearing recalled to WNWO. “And he said, ‘No, I only know what I hear on Fox News and what I hear on radio.’”

“Muslims are killing Americans and trying to blow stuff up,” Linn also reportedly told the judge. “Most Muslims are terrorists and don’t believe in Jesus Christ.”

Linn claimed that he had consumed 45 beers in the 6 hours before leaving his Indiana home to set fire to the mosque, which he had discovered while working as a truck driver.

After his arrest on Oct. 2, Assistant U.S. Attorney Ava Dusten said that Linn had told officers, “Fu*k those Muslims… They would kill us if they got the chance.”

Linn is due back in court on April 16, 2013 for a formal sentencing.

A survey released by Fairleigh Dickinson University earlier this year determined that Fox News viewers were actually less informed that Americans who watched no news at all. In fact, at least seven studies in recent years have confirmed that Fox News viewers are more likely to be misinformed than other Americans.

Great post, Edge. The whack jobs can cling to the guns and their bibles, but their guys won't be in the White House in this decade!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:02 pm 

In response to President Obama's complaint that FOX News doesn't show enough Black and Hispanic people on their network, FOX has announced that they will air "America's Most Wanted" TWICE a day from now on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next