Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fox News Being Fox News
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:43 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
[b]CABLE NEWS RACE
TUES. NITE, JUNE 05 2012

FOXNEWS OREILLY 3,108,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,973,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 2,802,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,441,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 2,147,000
FOXNEWS FIVE 1,590,000
CMDY DAILY SHOW 1,516,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,256,000
CMDY COLBERT 1,226,000

BFD

The majority of normal, sane people get their daily news from one the three real news networks, not cable.
Quote:
Viewership of the ABC, CBS, and NBC nightly evening newscasts all grew year-over-year, with 22.5 million people on average watching one of the three, up about 4.2% from 21.6 million in 2011. Additionally, close to one-quarter of the growth came from the 25-54 age group, with each newscast

http://www.marketingcharts.com/televisi ... -11-21536/
In addition over 11 million normal, sane people interested in current events also watch 60 Minutes on Sunday night.

Bragging about 3 million morons watching Billo The Clown is like bragging about catching a six inch minnow.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:58 pm 

"It's worse that Watergate!!!"
Quote:
Jon Stewart Fast and Furiously takes down Fox News for their outrage over President Obama’s executive action

Fox News and other Conservative media outlets have been doing handstands over President Obama’s executive action on Operation Fast and Furious, deeming it as a step toward “lawless dictatorship”. Fast and Furious, a ridiculously dumbfounding operation which was implemented to track guns in Mexico, by sending guns to Mexico has come to national attention — but one the many problems which is pointed out in one of Stewart’s clips is, that their own mouthpieces and politicians “don’t know” what the f*****g’ problem is — but it’s Obama’s fault — it always is. Darrell Issa recently admitted that there is no evidence that the White House in the mind boggling operation known as ‘Fast and Furious.’

While targeting President Obama’s decision as a ‘lawless dictatorship’ they’ve neglected to remember some of their own politician’s decisions as Republicans cheered it on. The feigned outrage from Republicans is deafening, but not so much that Jon Stewart can’t take them down a peg or ten.

Watch. This is brilliant:

http://freakoutnation.com/2012/06/27/jo ... ve-action/

GOVERNOR RICK PERRY : "You gotta admit, this is almost Nixonian, if not absolutely Nixonian, in the cover-up that's going on with this Fast and Furious."

BOB SCHIEFFER: "What exactly are you accusing the President of here, Governor?"

GOVERNOR RICK PERRY: "I don't know! I mean, that's the issue."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:01 pm 

Still waiting...
Quote:
March 26, 2012 is the day Bill O'Reilly was interviewing Caroline Fredrickson about the constitutionality of President Barack Obama's signature legislation, The Affordable Care Act.

Quote:
"If I’m wrong I will come on, and I will play — I will play your clip. And I will apologize for being an idiot. But I think you’re desperately wrong."

Quote:
“I’ll just tell you this, if this passes and it’s five years from now and all that stuff gets implemented — I am leaving the country. I’ll go to Costa Rica.”
— Rush Limbaugh on President Obama’s health care law, 2010

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:02 am 

CNN sinks to another 20-year low in primetime

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:22 pm 

RNC Ratings: Fox News Tops All Cable And Broadcast Networks With 9 Million Total Viewers, MSNBC Dead Last With 1.8 Million
Love it.

Quote:
On the concluding night of the Republican National Convention, Fox News’ coverage brought in its highest ratings with 9 million total viewers (more than its cable competitors as well as broadcast networks). It was also the network’s 3rd highest-rated 10 p.m. slot in more than 15 years. CNN and MSNBC brought in just over 4 million viewers combined.

10-11PM Coverage — Total Viewers

Fox News: 9,057,093
ABC: 4,442,908,000
NBC: 3,847,498
CBS: 3,729,691
CNN: 2,327,376
MSNBC: 1,876,459

10-11PM Coverage — 25-54 Demo

Fox News: 2,575,383
ABC: 1,612,407
NBC: 1,463,902
CBS: 1,506,553
CNN: 903,838
MSNBC: 625,712

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:33 pm 

Love it.

Quote:
RNC 2012 Ratings Lag Far Behind 2008's

by Tony Lee 31 Aug 2012

On Wednesday, nearly 20 million viewers tuned in to the 10 p.m. hour for Paul Ryan’s speech at the Republican National Convention. Four years ago, 37 million people -- 17 million more viewers -- tuned in to view Sarah Palin’s RNC address in Minnesota.

According to Nielsen, only FOX News and ABC improved their ratings from Tuesday night, when nearly 22 million viewers tuned in to see Ann Romney speak. Meanwhile, viewership across every network was down from 2008. According to Nielsen, FOX News was down 1.5 million viewers, NBC 3.5 million, CNN nearly five million, ABC three million, CBS two million, and MSNBC about two million.

Nielsen's numbers reveal that a “vast majority” of viewers of all the networks were 55 years of age or over. On Tuesday, the RNC’s first night, Nielsen estimated that nearly 15 million of the 22 million viewers who watched the convention were 55 years of over. On the other hand, only 1.5 million viewers who were aged 18 to 34 watched convention Tuesday's coverage.

And consider this: On Wednesday, the fourth episode of “Honey Boo Boo,” a show described as being about a “redneck” family and their “Toddlers and Tiara” daughter, pulled a 1.3 rating among the 18-48 age demographic

How embarrassing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:36 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Love it.

Quote:

And consider this: On Wednesday, the fourth episode of “Honey Boo Boo,” a show described as being about a “redneck” family and their “Toddlers and Tiara” daughter, pulled a 1.3 rating among the 18-48 age demographic[/color]

How embarrassing

The viewing numbers don't really surprise me.
The easily-distracted Democrats who watched the convention in 2008 were captivated and enlightened this time around by Honey Boo Boo and whatever other shiny objects were placed in their field of vision.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:58 am 

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
Love it.

Quote:

And consider this: On Wednesday, the fourth episode of “Honey Boo Boo,” a show described as being about a “redneck” family and their “Toddlers and Tiara” daughter, pulled a 1.3 rating among the 18-48 age demographic[/color]

How embarrassing

The viewing numbers don't really surprise me.
The easily-distracted Democrats who watched the convention in 2008 were captivated and enlightened this time around by Honey Boo Boo and whatever other shiny objects were placed in their field of vision.

I don't think so.
Dems don't watch nonsense about a 'self-proclaimed "redneck" family and their "Toddlers & Tiaras" daughter'.
That's your base, your republican redneck NASCAR crowd who is watching Honey Boo Boo.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:22 am 

edge540 wrote:
Love it.

Quote:

How embarrassing

embarrassing ?

then it must be HUMILIATING for you idiots!

LOL!!!!!

Quote:
Media Goes Wild Over Michelle
Obama’s Speech, But DNC
Suffers Huge Viewership Loss

Hot Air, by Matt Vespa

Well, Michelle Obama gave a speech last night. It was well delivered, but the media is going wild about it. MSNBC’s Alex Wagner praised the First Lady’s address for “humanizing” government. After all, “the government is the only thing we all belong to” in the mind of liberals.

CNN was all over the First Lady’s address with Wolf Blitzer calling it a “grand slam.”

BREAK

Overall, the speech attracted around 11 million viewers on the three broadcast networks. That’s about 400,000 fewer viewers than watched Ann Romney’s speech. But, the really bad news for Obama is the massive drop in viewers from 2008.

NBC won the coverage, as it did for the RNC last week. But, its viewership was down 24% from ’08. For its RNC coverage on the first night, viewership was actually 8% higher than ’08. CBS and ABC have even starker declines, dropping 45% and 38% respectively, compared to ’08. Their coverage of the RNC was down also, but a more modest 25% and 38% from ’08.

I think we know why Democrats are having trouble filling the stadium.

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/20 ... ship-loss/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:47 am 

Quote:
Some delegates pick
Cowboys-Giants over
convention speeches

The Hill [Washington, DC], by Julian Pecquet

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Even the die-hard Democrats who attend political conventions left the floor en masse to watch the opening game of the NFL season Wednesday night.

Dozens of delegates and their friends and families swarmed the TV screens in the Time Warner Cable Arena starting around 8:30 p.m. to watch the New York Giants take on the Dallas Cowboys. The NFL moved its opening game to Wednesday to avoid a scheduling conflict with President Obama's acceptance speech Thursday.

BREAK

“You've got to see the season kick-off,” added Hayes. “And I'm a die-hard Giants fan.” Another TV watcher told a reporter not to include her in a count of people watching the game.

“Don't count me,” she said jokingly, pointing at her young son. “I'm not watching!”

Thaddeus Evans, an arena employee who could see the game at an angle from his spot checking hall passes, said he'd been waiting all day for the game to start.

http://thehill.com/conventions-2012/dem ... r-politics

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:06 pm 

R.E.M. Sends Fox News Cease and Desist Letter Over Song Use: ‘Our Music Does Not Belong There’

http://gawker.com/5941466/rem-sends-fox-news-cease-and-desist-letter-over-song-use-our-music-does-not-belong-there

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:11 pm 

Ooooh...cry us a river chuck... :smt005 :smt005 :smt006

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:34 pm 

comedian wrote:

He will, come November.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:50 pm 

comedian wrote:

Better ask Arthur Hamilton (who wrote it for Ella Fitzgerald) but you rethugs still have ted (I got out of nam, so now I can be tough) nugent...or Hank (been drunk on jim beam for 30 years) williams to write songs for mitt (I'm as white-bread as you can get) rom-knee...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:56 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
comedian wrote:

He will, come November.

...the difference is that I will survive if obama doesn't win...you rethugs will explode and run for your white sheets...if rom-knee doesn't win...if rom-knee does win...cant wait to say I told you so because the rich will get richer (and for some reason you cons on this board think you are part of that bracket LOL) and your middle class taxes will increase...but you wont care because a rethug raised your taxes...conservative hypocrisy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next