Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Dumbest Show On Earth
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:10 pm 

Obama hopes to ride auto bailout to re-election

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:23 pm 

Obama’s $500 Million Stimulus-Funded Green Jobs Program Has 10% Success Rate
The stench of failure continues to surround Obama.

WASHINGTON – House Republicans are expanding their probe into the Obama administration’s energy programs, investigating $500 million in green job training grants that placed just 10% of trainees in jobs, according to a government report.

The program’s goal was to train 124,893 people and put 79,854 in jobs. But 17 months later, 52,762 were trained and 8,035, or roughly 1 in 10, had jobs. Those numbers come from an audit by the Department of Labor’s inspector general, which recommended that the administration end the program and return unspent money.

President Obama has made green jobs a cornerstone of his economic agenda. In his first 2012 campaign ad this month, he said clean energy industries created 2.7 million jobs and were “expanding rapidly.” But Republicans have pounced on failures, such as the bankruptcy of Solyndra, a solar panel maker backed with a Department of Energy loan guarantee.

Citing what he calls “abysmal results” in the job training program, House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., is demanding answers about how the Department of Labor awarded the grants, which were funded out of the 2009 stimulus bill.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:35 pm 

Obama approval rating 'below historical reelction standard'

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:26 am 

Quote:
Rubio: Expect ‘All-Out Personal
Evisceration’ From Obama in 2012

National Review Online, by Jim Geraghty

Quick notes from a morning meeting with Sen. Marco Rubio, Florida Republican.

What he expects from the general election: “You’re going to have an extremely negative [general election] campaign.
Barack Obama in 2008, spent more money on negative attacks than anybody who had ever run for office in the United States. Period. And we can expect more of the same. Basically, an all-out assault on the character of whoever his opponent may be, because [Barack Obama] cannot win on his record, he cannot win on his ideas. So he’s going to have to win by eviscerating whoever his opponents are personally. And for all the talk of hope and change, his campaign in 2008 and I expect in 2012 will be, I expect, nothing less than all-out than personal evisceration.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign- ... obama-2012

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:05 pm 

Heh, the reality is that the GOP clowns have been eviscerating each other, magnificently.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:50 pm 

just like Hillary vs obama in 2008...

Shame On You Obama! Hillary Calls Obama Out!
Hillary Clinton Calls Out Obama For His Trash Politics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMMDP99uOXs

and the phony himself responds with his usual bs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVmy6w4E ... re=related

thanks for the reminder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:21 pm 

Quote:
just like Hillary vs obama in 2008...
Yeah right
Wishful thinking again? LOL
Ya'll can go ahead & try to make chicken salad out of chickenshit all you want, nobody is buying it. Image
Oh wait, I know, Barry is making up those numbers, right? :smt005
Quote:
GOP Turnout Down Yet Again

Doug Mataconis · Wednesday, February 8, 2012 ·

It may be time for Republicans to start worrying about turnout in their primaries. With the exception of the South Carolina primary, voter turnout in all the primary and caucus contests this year has been down from 2008 levels, and yesterday’s numbers were among the worst of all:

Missouri
■2008 Turnout —- 588,720 voters
■2012 Turnout —- 240,936 voters
■Difference — (-347,784 or 59.07%)

Minnesota
■2008 Turnout — 62,828 voters
■2012 Turnout — 47,661 voters
■Difference — (-15,167 or 24.14%)

Colorado
■2008 Turnout — 70,229 voters
■2012 Turnout — 65,479 voters
â– Difference (-4,570 or 6.76%)

Overall, that’s a difference among all three contests of 367,521 fewer voters in 2012 than 2008. Obviously, the biggest part of the difference comes from the fact that, this year, Missouri’s primary was entirely meaningless since it has nothing to do with the delegate selection process. Nonetheless, with even the numbers from Minnesota and Colorado down one had to wonder if Republicans have already given up on 2012.

thanks for the reminder :smt005
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/gop-tu ... yet-again/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:40 pm 

This says it all...Scott Walker is getting money for AIG...the investment group WE saved...So typical of those ruthuglicans...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:40 pm 

Want To Eat Breakfast With Obama? Then Cut a Check For $35,800

One-percenters only.

Quote:
The Obama Victory Fund 2012 will have a “Breakfast with the President” fundraiser next Thursday, February 16, at the home of Jeff and Nancy Stack in Corona del Mar, Calif. Breakfast itself will cost $2,500 per guest. Entry to the event’s photo reception will cost $10,000, and a “greet and breakfast” package will cost $35,800.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:13 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
[url=http://freebeacon.com/obama-campaign-to-hold-breakfast-with-the-president-tickets-cost-up-to-35800/]Want To Eat Breakfast With Obama? Then Cut a Check For $35,800[/url

There is a difference between a sitting president raising campaign money vs a person getting money from a group that WE bailed out backing a rethug fighting a recall vote...by the way...THERE IS A RECALL VOTE THAT WILL HAPPEN...(something you cons said would never happen)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:18 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Why wouldn't he?...
Quote:
The auto industry saw a 10 percent increase in sales from 2010 to 2011. In 2011, the United States auto industry sold 12.7 million vehicles, and this year the touch-and-go industry is projected to reach even higher numbers. Economists and car companies are projecting sales to increase by roughly the same amount this year, to 13.9 million cars and truck.

http://www.etownian.com/news/auto-industry-grows-despite-slow-economy/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:08 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
T]here is a difference between a sitting president raising campaign money

How much of that money comes from the 1%?

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:01 am 

Too lazy to look it up?
Everybody knows that the GOP has been bought and paid for by the top one percent thanks to Citizen's United.
Except if you're a conservative mouth breather.
Small donations big boost for Obama election war chest
Quote:
WASHINGTON: New analysis confirms that the US President, Barack Obama, is outpacing his own record for pulling in small donations, set four years ago.

Nearly half the donors to Mr Obama's re-election campaign last year gave $US200 or less, more than double the proportion in 2007, a study by the Campaign Finance Institute shows this week. This contrasts with only 9 per cent of donors at the lower end of the contribution scale to the Republican candidate Mitt Romney.
Mr Obama raised more money in aggregate from small-dollar donors - $US56.7 million - than Mr Romney, a former governor of Massachusetts, raised overall.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:11 pm 

Top Obama Bundler Earmarked Stimulus Money For Donors

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Quote:
A top campaign contributor to former Rep. Ron Klein (D-Fla.) — the Obama bundler who once registered, then deregistered, and now “never” registered as a lobbyist for Spirit Airlines — won stimulus grants and contracts worth nearly $18.5 million, White House records show.

Florida Turbine Technologies (FTT), an engineering and development firm headquartered in Klein’s district, received a total of $18,459,277 in federal funding as part of the 2009 stimulus package, which Klein supported.

The Jupiter, Fla., company and its top executives were major contributors to Klein’s campaign during his two terms in Congress from 2007 to 2011, according to a database maintained by the Center for Responsive Politics. CEO Shirley Coates Brostmeyer and her husband Joe Brostmeyer, the company’s president, gave a combined $14,200 to Klein’s campaign while he was in office. The FTT political action committee added another $15,000.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:08 pm 

Quote:
. CEO Shirley Coates Brostmeyer and her husband Joe Brostmeyer, the company’s president, gave a combined $14,200 to Klein’s campaign while he was in office.

Well let's see who else Joe Brostmeyer was giving to, eh?
Quote:
Big business loses a buddy with Mark Foley resignation
...Joe and Shirley Brostmeyer, Florida Turbine’s owners, gave Foley $12,400 over the years, and other Florida Turbine executives donated an additional $3,000. The company’s Political Action Committee helped him out to the tune of $16,000 over three election cycles. This $31,400 in seems only fair when you consider that Foley directed $5 million in taxpayer money to their company via an earmark he inserted in the Pentagon’s spending bill.

http://cei.org/op-eds-and-articles/big- ... esignation

What else ya got Arc? Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next