Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: We Are Hungry
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:21 am 

While Splirks is getting 10,000 calories at lunch, the children go hungry.

Go figure..... :(

Quote:
'WE ARE HUNGRY'...
'THIS DOESN'T CUT IT'...
STUDENTS BEG IN VIDEO...
WASTED FOOD...

School lunch calorie limits leave bitter taste with some Kansas students

Suzanne Perez Tobias | Wichita Eagle

Some Kansas students and at least one political leader say new school lunch guidelines aimed at limiting calories and encouraging good nutrition are having an unintended consequence:

Hungry kids.

“Here we are in the Wheat State … and I’ve heard some very sad stories recently about school lunches,” said Rep. Tim Huelskamp, R-Fowler.

One was from Wallace County High School in Sharon Springs, where students and teachers created a YouTube parody, “We Are Hungry,” that blasts the new calorie guidelines:

Give me some seconds

I need to get some food today

My friends are at the corner store

Getting junk so they don’t waste away …

The video, based on the Fun. hit “We Are Young,” shows students staring woefully at lunch trays, stuffing lockers with junk food, collapsing during volleyball practice and crawling on the ground in exhaustion.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/09/24/1 ... rylink=cpy

Post subject: Re: We Are Hungry
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:07 am 

USMarine wrote:
While Splirks is getting 10,000 calories at lunch, the children go hungry.

Go figure..... :(

Quote:
'WE ARE HUNGRY'...
'THIS DOESN'T CUT IT'...
STUDENTS BEG IN VIDEO...
WASTED FOOD...

School lunch calorie limits leave bitter taste with some Kansas students

Suzanne Perez Tobias | Wichita Eagle

Some Kansas students and at least one political leader say new school lunch guidelines aimed at limiting calories and encouraging good nutrition are having an unintended consequence:

Hungry kids.

“Here we are in the Wheat State … and I’ve heard some very sad stories recently about school lunches,” said Rep. Tim Huelskamp, R-Fowler.

One was from Wallace County High School in Sharon Springs, where students and teachers created a YouTube parody, “We Are Hungry,” that blasts the new calorie guidelines:

Give me some seconds

I need to get some food today

My friends are at the corner store

Getting junk so they don’t waste away …

he video, based on the Fun. hit “We Are Young,” shows students staring woefully at lunch trays, stuffing lockers with junk food, collapsing during volleyball practice and crawling on the ground in exhaustion.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/09/24/1 ... rylink=cpy

You can thank the new guidelines courtesy of Moochelle Obama. That hypocritical witch stuffs her face with whatever she wants. The school food tastes awfull, there is less of it, and the price is higher. Kids are very hungry, and have no choice but to bring in their own food, if the schools allow it. There are some schools and school systems that do not allow the students to bring in food from home. They are forced to buy cafeteria food, or starve all day. On top of that, some schools serve lunch as early as 9:30am. By the time the kids get out of school, there is no energy left for after school activities.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:11 am 

Above we have FURTHER proof that conservatives are the most stupid and ignorant creatures on the planet. It's astonishing how people can be so utterly ignorant.

Quote:
The Center for Childhood Obesity Research

Childhood obesity has reached epidemic proportions, affecting children from infancy through adolescence. Recent reports reveal that 25 percent of children aged 2 to 5 years are already overweight and that overweight infants and toddlers are at increased risk for obesity and associated health problems in later life. The childhood obesity epidemic demands action, but action requires an evidence base that does not currently exist.

http://www.hhdev.psu.edu/ccor/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:15 am 

planewreck540 wrote:
Above we have FURTHER proof that conservatives are the most stupid and ignorant creatures on the planet. It's astonishing how people can be so utterly ignorant.

Quote:
[size=150]The Center for Childhood Obesity Research

Childhood obesity has reached epidemic proportions, affecting children from infancy through adolescence. Recent reports reveal that 25 percent of children aged 2 to 5 years are already overweight and that overweight infants and toddlers are at increased risk for obesity and associated health problems in later life. The childhood obesity epidemic demands action, but action requires an evidence base that does not currently exist.

http://www.hhdev.psu.edu/ccor/[/size]

Above we have FURTHER proof that Liberals are unable to live without government taking care them.

Priceless!

:smt005 :smt006

Last edited by USMarine on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:16 am 

More evidence:

Quote:
Childhood Obesity Facts
Childhood obesity has more than tripled in the past 30 years.
The percentage of children aged 6–11 years in the United States who were obese increased from 7% in 1980 to nearly 20% in 2008. Similarly, the percentage of adolescents aged 12–19 years who were obese increased from 5% to 18% over the same period.
In 2008, more than one third of children and adolescents were overweight or obese.1,2
Overweight is defined as having excess body weight for a particular height from fat, muscle, bone, water, or a combination of these factors.3 Obesity is defined as having excess body fat
Overweight and obesity are the result of “caloric imbalance”—too few calories expended for the amount of calories consumed—and are affected by various genetic, behavioral, and environmental factors.

http://www.cdc.gov/healthyyouth/obesity/facts.htm

And take a guess in what states peopkle are the most obese, LOL.

Last edited by edge540 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:18 am 

Because people like planewreck540 and splirks can't control themselves and raise their own children they need laws and regulations telling them how much to eat and what they are allowed to eat. :roll:

LMAO!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:20 am 

edge540 wrote:
Above we have FURTHER proof that conservatives are the most stupid and ignorant creatures on the planet.

Quote:
The Center for Childhood Obesity Research

http://www.hhdev.psu.edu/ccor/

What the kids eat at school is not the reason for obesity,partially it is what they eat at home, but most of all, the fact that they sit on their rear ends and do nothing. ALL of my children and grandchildren eat a lot, and all of them are slim and trim. The only time my older daughters gained weight, is when they were pregnant.
Why the heck should my children/grandchildren be starved at school for the false pretense of slimming down the fatties?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:21 am 

USMarine wrote:
Because people like planewreck540 and splirks can't control themselves and raise their own children they need laws and regulations telling them how much to eat and what they are allowed to eat. :roll:

Must be why they were all conference in basketball, baseball and golf. :smt005

I know, maybe The Latrine can site all those "laws and regulations telling them how much to eat and what they are allowed to eat" here in Indiana.

We're all waiting.

Last edited by edge540 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:22 am 

USMarine wrote:

The nanny government needs to butt out of my family's business.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:23 am 

planewreck540 wrote:
USMarine wrote:

Yeah. Ok. Sure.

:roll:

Tiger1 wrote:
USMarine wrote:

The nanny government needs to butt out of my family's business.

I agree 110%!! :smt006

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:25 am 

edge540 wrote:
USMarine wrote:

ALL of my kids were in sports in school, and so are my older grandchildren. 2 of my daughters lettered in sports. The key is to have active children. The problem with the liberals is that they are lacking common sense, and want the government to replace it. OBAMABOTS !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:25 am 

I know, maybe The Latrine and Tiger can site all those "laws and regulations telling them how much to eat and what they are allowed to eat" here in Indiana.

We're all waiting.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:26 am 

edge540 wrote:
I know, maybe The Latrine and Tiger can site all those "laws and regulations telling them how much to eat and what they are allowed to eat" here in Indiana.

We're all waiting.

The schools are already doing that, and so are some municipalities. New York is at the forefront of being a nany to the people.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:28 am 

I could care less about New York City.
Please site a law in Indiana that regulates what you eat.
Still waitnig for The Latrine and Tiger to site all those "laws and regulations telling them how much to eat and what they are allowed to eat" here in Indiana.

Let's see some "nanny state" proof.

Or are you just making up crap and lying...yes?

Last edited by edge540 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:31 am 

Tiger1 wrote:
planewreck540 wrote:

We're all waiting.

The schools are already doing that, and so are some municipalities. New York is at the forefront of being a nany to the people.

It's only getting worse.
The Libtards want to regulate what you can buy, where you can buy it, and how much of it you can eat.