Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Dumbo's WTF Quote Of The Day
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:17 pm 

Quote:
And that's why building this international coalition has been so important because it means that the United States is not bearing all the cost. It means that we have confidence that we are not going in alone, and it is our military that is being volunteered by others to carry out missions that are important not only to us, but are important internationally. And we will accomplish that in a relatively short period of time.

If he is our CIC, then who "volunteered our military"?

It wasn't Congress.

I always thought the military is always tasked by DIRECT ORDER.

Do you think he'll address it in tonight's SOTU?

No, me neither.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

Post subject: Re: Dumbo's WTF Quote Of The Day
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:19 am 

“What's important, if you are running for president, is that the American people know who you are and what you've done, and that you're an open book,”

DUMBO in an interview with WMUR, a New Hampshire television station.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:27 am 

Quote:
Obama - 'If you’ve got a business --
you didn’t build that. Somebody
else made that happen'

The Washington Times, by Kerry Picket

President Barack Obama addressed supporters in Roanoke, Virginia on Friday afternoon and took a shot at the business community. President Obama dismissed any credit business owners give themselves for their success: There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me -- because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -- look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own.

BREAK

If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/wat ... ou-didnt-/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:16 am 

Quote:
Obama - 'If you’ve got a business --
you didn’t build that. Somebody
else made that happen'

The Washington Times, by Kerry Picket

President Barack Obama addressed supporters in Roanoke, Virginia on Friday afternoon and took a shot at the business community. President Obama dismissed any credit business owners give themselves for their success: There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me -- because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -- look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own.

BREAK

If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/wat ... ou-didnt-/

The right makes up crap, distorts, edits, takes words out of context and LIES yet again:
Quote:
There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me -- because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -- look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life.
Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:31 am 

edge540 wrote:
The right makes up crap, distorts, edits, takes words out of context and LIES yet again:

from a loser that never had to make a payroll...with a welfare parasite backing him up

sure edge..taken out of context?...gfy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:53 am 

Moby Grape wrote:

sure edge..taken out of context?

That's right.

Quote:
gfy.

classy...
Quote:
from a loser that never had to make a payroll

Let's see who's the loser:
I bet mr grape agrees: outsourcing American jobs, bankrupting companies, and destroying pensions, is “a good thing.”
...yes?...no?

Never mind, I'll take that as a yes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:13 am 

edge540 wrote:
I bet mr grape agrees: outsourcing American jobs, bankrupting companies, and destroying pensions, is “a good thing.”
...yes?...no?

unions are to thank for that.

if DUMBO can say that other people are responsible for creating business then I say unions are to thank for destroying them.

over HALF of the federal budget goes to sustain entitlements and pensions.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:33 pm 

another blithering libtard who flouts the election laws to suit his needs...

Quote:
Bloomberg: ‘Nobody Has Come
Across the [U.S.-Mexico] Border
in a Long Time'

CNS News, by Edwin Mora

(CNSNews.com) - New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said last week that "nobody" had illegally crossed the U.S.-Mexico border in a "long time."

He also advised that it would be easier for those wishing to illegally immigrate to the United States to simply buy a ticket to fly here and then overstay their visa.

Bloomberg was speaking in Boston at an Aug. 14 forum on immigration sponsored by the New England Council. He shared the stage for the forum with News Corporation Chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch.

Jerry Seib of The Wall Street Journal, who moderated the event, asked Bloomberg, “... My sister lives in Amarillo, Texas, and they’re very worried about waves coming up north over the border there. What are you going to tell them?”

“Number one nobody has come across the border in a long time,” responded the mayor. “I mean we spend a fortune on technology, and if you want to come to America illegally, don’t waste your time going across the border and through the desert. It’s dangerous. Just get on an airplane, fly here, and overstay your visa. We have absolutely no ability to track who you are and get you back.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/bloombe ... -long-time

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:07 am 

Quote:
Obama to Jobless Law-School
Grad: No Immediate Solution,
But 'Don't Be Discouraged'

Cybercast News Service, by Susan Jones

(CNSNews.com) - "I understand how tough it is out there for recent grads," President Obama told a jobless law school grad during an online chat on Wednesday. In the "long-term," things will get better he said -- but he couldn't make any promises about "our immediate economic challenges."

"So don't be discouraged -- we didn't get into this fix overnight, and we won't get out overnight, but we are making progress and with your help will make more," Obama said.

In an "interview" with users of the online news-and-comment website Reddit, President Obama took a question from someone who recently graduated from a "top law school" with big student loans to repay -- and can't find a job.

"While I'm sure my immediate prospects will improve in time, it's difficult to be optimistic about the future knowing that my ability to live a productive life -- to have a fulfilling career, to buy a house, to someday raise a family -- is hampered by my debt and the bleak economic outlook for young people."

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-j ... iscouraged

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:26 am 

Quote:
Obama Weekly Address: "Our
Country Is Stronger, Safer
And More Respected"

Real Clear Politics, by Ian Schwartz

President Obama marks the eleventh anniversary of the September 11th attacks by remembering the innocent lives lost, and honoring the first responders and men and women in uniform who have served and sacrificed to keep our country safe.

"Instead of pulling back from the world, we strengthen our alliances while improving our security here at home. As Americans, we refuse to live in fear. Today, a new tower rises above the New York skyline, and our country is stronger, safer and more respected in the world," Obama said in his weekly address.

"Instead of turning on each other, we resisted the temptation of getting into distrust and suspicion," Obama said. "I've always said that America is at war with al Qaeda and it's affiliates and we will never be at war with Islam, or any other religion."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... ected.html

WTF is this bozo smoking?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:40 pm 

Obama Does His Best Joe Biden Impression: “Three Proud Words: Made In The USA”

Dumbass.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:59 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:25 pm 

what are these people smoking

does anyone really buy this bullshit?

Quote:
Michelle Obama: ‘Instead of
Pointing Fingers and Placing
Blame, Barack Got to Work’

Cybercast News Service, by Melanie Hunter

(CNSNews.com) – First lady Michelle Obama, speaking in Gainesville, Fla., on Monday, said that while the nation was on the verge of another Great Depression, President Barack Obama did not assign blame – instead “he got to work.”

“The economy was losing 800,000 jobs every month, and a lot folks wondered whether we were headed for another great depression. Now this is what Barack faced on day one as president. That’s what awaited him, but instead of pointing fingers and placing blame, Barack got to work, because he was thinking about folks like my dad, like his grandmother,” the first lady said.

“Since the day he took office, on issue after issue, crisis after crisis, that’s what I’ve seen, that’s what we’ve all seen in my husband. We’ve seen his values at work. We’ve seen his vision unfold. We’ve seen the depths of his character, courage, and convictions. Here’s proof: Think back to when Barack first took office, and our economy was on the brink of collapse,” she said.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michell ... k-got-work

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:08 am 

"Does Romney want to start another war in the middle east?"

Hmmm...after he just turned the middle east into the biggest hot bed allowing radical islam to take over and surround Israel? I'd have to say he's the one who set the stage for whats about to happen.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:09 am 

Hmmm, so what's about to happen?