Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: “I think the administration deserves great credit."
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:41 am 

Quote:
that liar is twisting numbers.

Is your "fair & balanced" channel, Fox News lying?

Unemployment rate falls to 8.3 percent in January after hiring burst
Published February 03, 2012 | FoxNews.com

The unemployment rate dropped to 8.3 percent in January, marking the fifth straight month of decline thanks in part to a hiring spree in the private sector.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02 ... z1lKkoNkDQ

Does mr grape realize he's acting like a petulant little 3 year old?
If Barry said the earth is round mr grape would scream he's a liar.

You see a trend here?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:08 am 

edge540 wrote:
You see a trend here?

yep

DUMBO is in full campaign mode.

the ''trend'' I see is he will keep fu'cking with the numbers like this and I'm sure by this November unemployment will be 0%

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:30 am 

So Fox News is lying?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:05 am 

edge540 wrote:
So Fox News is lying?

no they're reporting the information exactly the way the obama administration gave it to them.

obama is the one who is a liar.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:08 am 

Really? LOL
So why isn't Fox News pointing that out? Why are you the only genius on the planet who's claiming that Barry is lying?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:10 am 

Record 1.2 Million People Fall Out Of Labor Force In One Month, Labor Force Participation Rate Tumbles To Fresh 30 Year Low

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:21 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Really? LOL Why are you the only genius on the planet who's claiming that Barry is lying?

I'm not

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:37 pm 

Quote:
Happy Days are Here Again in Obamaville?
Raw Jobs Numbers Tell Very Different Story

RUSH: So all you people that are finding jobs out there, isn't it great, isn't it fabulous? Everywhere you look people are getting hired. You can see it in the unemployment number. Why, do you know we created seasonally adjusted 200-some-odd-thousand jobs? Do you know what the raw number is? From the Bureau of Labor Statistics' own table, the raw number, before there's any seasonal adjustment, the raw number is that from December to January, we lost two million jobs.

Don't ask me about seasonal adjustment. I've been trying to figure this out all morning, and I can't. But the raw numbers, 130 million jobs in December, 128 million jobs in January, give or take a couple hundred thousand either side. But when the seasonal adjustments take place, there is a gain of 200, whatever they're reporting, 33,000 jobs. Now, what's happening is the labor force is shrinking. There are fewer jobs. Even the Drive-Bys, so excited, they can't wait to report the good news, but even they are reporting that the labor force participation rate, number of jobs out there, is continuing to dwindle,
and most of the jobs being created are low wage.

But none of that's gonna matter. None of it's gonna matter. I don't want to be an "I told you so," but way back last year, even recently toward the end of last year, this being an election year, I predicted. But you knew. You knew what was gonna happen when this year started. You knew that the statistics are that no president has ever been reelected when the unemployment rate's over 8%. So guess what it's gonna be by the time we get to Election Day? It's just that simple.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/ ... rent_story

Quote:
11.5% unemployment
Daily Mail, by Don Surber

The new employment numbers are out and they show that unemployment fell to 8.3% in January. Woo-hoo. We added “243,000″ jobs, right?

Not exactly.

From Zero Hedge:

“In January, the number of Part Time workers rose by 699K, the most ever, from 27,040K to 27,739K, the third highest number in the history of this series. How about Full time jobs? They went from 113,765 to 113,845. An 80K increase. So the epic January number of 141.6 million employed, which rose by 847K at the headline level: only about 10 % of that was full time jobs: surely an indicator of the resurgent US economy… in which employers can’t even afford to give their workers full time employee benefits.”

I am not that pessimistic. From little acorns, oak trees grow. But this also may reflect a reluctance to add full-time staff that gets you in Obamacare trouble. If Obamacare gets the Supreme Court Seal of Approval, look for employees to be replaced by private contractors throughout the USA to avoid an expensive mandate.

That said, Zero Hedge laid out the case in another post for putting the unemployment rate at a more realistic 11.5%.[color=#BF0000][/b
] [b]The participation rate has dropped to a 30-year low.
[/color]

http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/archives/50933

Quote:
Long-Term Unemployment
Remains High, Millions
Leave Labor Force

Cybercast News Service, by Matt Cove
r

Despite a January jobs report that saw slightly stronger private sector job growth than in recent months, long-term unemployment remains at record high levels and revised statistics show that another 1.2 million have left the labor force. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the number of long-term unemployed – those out of work for 27 weeks or more, was unchanged at 5.5 million in January, near its record of 6.7 million in April 2010.

BREAK

The number of people not in the labor force – those who are unemployed and not looking for work – rose from 86.7

http://www.infowars.com/long-term-unemp ... bor-force/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:28 am 

More obama incompetence and fraud.

Quote:
Why Is the Government
Subsidizing a $104,000 Car?

American Spectator, by William Tucker

Fisker Automotive suspended efforts in Delaware last week to retool an abandoned GM production plant into a manufacturing facility for its new electric hybrid NINA, derived from the $104,000 luxury Karma.

Fisker's problem is that it is the recipient of a $529 million loan from the Department of Energy. Having already pocketed $193 million to help push the $104,000 Karma onto the market, Fisker is now "failing to meet DOE benchmarks" in converting the Wilmington, Delaware factory into an assembly line for the $40,000 NINA. In the kind of accounting the government likes in order to show it isn't just throwing away money, DOE wanted some proof of performance. Fisker is already far behind schedule, and so it had to lay off 26 of the 100 construction workers on site and tell subcontractors to hold the phone.

http://spectator.org/archives/2012/02/1 ... t-subsidiz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:29 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
More obama incompetence and fraud.

Quote:
Why Is the Government
Subsidizing a $104,000 Car?

American Spectator, by William Tucker

Fisker Automotive suspended efforts in Delaware last week to retool an abandoned GM production plant into a manufacturing facility for its new electric hybrid NINA, derived from the $104,000 luxury Karma.

Fisker's problem is that it is the recipient of a $529 million loan from the Department of Energy. Having already pocketed $193 million to help push the $104,000 Karma onto the market, Fisker is now "failing to meet DOE benchmarks" in converting the Wilmington, Delaware factory into an assembly line for the $40,000 NINA. In the kind of accounting the government likes in order to show it isn't just throwing away money, DOE wanted some proof of performance. Fisker is already far behind schedule, and so it had to lay off 26 of the 100 construction workers on site and tell subcontractors to hold the phone.

http://spectator.org/archives/2012/02/1 ... t-subsidiz

Here is my imitation of Dumbo's voters when confronted with that information.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:37 am 

edge540 wrote:
[/b]Unemployment rate falls to 8.3 percent in January after hiring burst

The ''phony'' unemployment numbers...

Quote:
Gallup shows U.S. unemployment at 9%
Washington Times, by Kerry Picket

Gallup released new information on Monday showing that the unemployment rate has managed to creep back up to 9.0 percent. Gallup gathers daily unemployment information of U.S. adults in the workforce, ages 18 and older, who are underemployed, unemployed, and employed full-time for an employer.

However, unlike the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) report that the administration cites, Gallup's data are raw numbers numbers and not packaged with seasonal adjustments. With seasonal adjustments, BLS shows the unemployment rate at 8.3 percent.

Gallup also shows the underemployment rate is at 19.2%. Those who are underemployed, according to Gallup, are individuals who "are employed part time, but want to work full time, or they are unemployed."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:15 am 

edge posting and removing this stale articles proclaiming jobs lowest since 2008

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-2 ... -2008.html

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:16 am 

More bad news for deranged Obama haters:
U.S. Jobless Claims Are Lowest Since 2008
Quote:
“The upturn in permits and starts in recent months has been consistent with the surge in the ... survey of homebuilders, which has surprised the markets to the upside for five straight months,” said Ian Shepherdson, chief United States economist at High Frequency Economics. “The new home sales numbers have not yet responded, but builders seem confident that if they build, buyers will come.”

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:24 am 

edge540 wrote:
More bad news for deranged Obama haters:
U.S. Jobless Claims Are Lowest Since 2008
Quote:
“The upturn in permits and starts in recent months has been consistent with the surge in the ... survey of homebuilders, which has surprised the markets to the upside for five straight months,” said Ian Shepherdson, chief United States economist at High Frequency Economics. “The new home sales numbers have not yet responded, but builders seem confident that if they build, buyers will come.”

This is totally false

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:48 am 

And the earth is flat!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next