Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: “I think the administration deserves great credit."
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:34 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Thanks for the link, you left this out:
Quote:
A recent CBS/New York Times poll shows people view Obama as the candidate who best understands the needs and problems of "people like you," and see his policies as more apt than those of the GOP candidates to favor the middle class or the poor.

of course they would...over 50% of the public is on some sort of gub'mint assistance now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:46 pm 

Yeah well so are a lot of billion dollar corporations. What else is new?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:48 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Yeah well so are a lot of billion dollar corporations. What else is new?

of course...how do you think DUMBO is ''creating jobs''?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:09 pm 

More jobs have been created in the last 30 months, over 3 million, than the previous 8 years under shitforbrains.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:14 pm 

edge540 wrote:
More jobs have been created in the last 30 months, over 3 million, than the previous 8 years under shitforbrains.

90% gub'mint jobs

111 BRAND NEW BUREAUCRACIES.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:24 pm 

Bullshit
As usual mr grape pulls out nonsense & makes up crap. In other words, he LIES.
Quote:
The better-than-expected monthly gain of 212,000 private-sector jobs means American businesses have replaced more than 3 million of the 4.2 million private-sector jobs lost the past 13 months. The private-sector jobs gained since employment bottomed in February 2010, in percentage terms, is the strongest recovery since the rebound after the 1990-92 recession, when U.S. businesses added 4.2 million jobs in the same amount of time by late 1993.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/s ... 52410436/1

Job Losses in the Public Sector

State and local government employment has declined since the start of the most recent downturn, unlike in most other recessions of recent decades. While the number of private sector jobs has begun to rise again, public sector jobs continue to decline.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012 ... ector.html

Conservatives just hate facts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:38 pm 

edge540 wrote:
State and local government

idiot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:12 pm 

NONE of this bullshitz is going to hold up...I suspect unemployment IS going to rise...next month..again....just like the DOW. Not even the second Greek bailout could keep edge's big DOW rally going today. Next up....Italy ....Portugal...Spain...and last but not least...THE U.S. :smt006

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:34 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
idiot
90% gub'mint jobs

Yes that's what you are, an idiot. Like I said, more jobs have been created in the last 30 months, over 3 million, than the previous 8 years under shitforbrains.
Those are not "gub'mint jobs," those are private-sector jobs
Quote:
The better-than-expected monthly gain of 212,000 private-sector jobs means American businesses have replaced more than 3 million of the 4.2 million private-sector jobs lost the past 13 months.

Quote:
NONE of this bullshitz is going to hold up...

Keep dreaming funny boy
Quote:
Not even the second Greek bailout could keep edge's big DOW rally going today

Wrong again genius, it ended the day at 12966, up 16 points.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:09 pm 

Hey, you're the one who touted the 13,000 DOW...and it didn't hold up now did it?
You keep dreamin.....as long as azzhole keeps spending with no significant cuts....we are Greece..actually we're in much worse shape than Greece and all the Euro countries combined....YOU figure that one out.... :smt006 Things are really looking up..eh.... :smt005
Quote:
Standing too many months on the unemployment line is driving Americans crazy — literally — and it’s costing taxpayers hundreds of billions of dollars.

With their unemployment-insurance checks running out, some of the country’s long-term jobless are scrambling to fill the gap by filing claims for mental illness and other disabilities with Social Security — a surge that hobbles taxpayers and making the employment rate look healthier than it should as these people drop out of the job statistics.

“It could be because their health really is getting worse from the stress of being out of work,” says Matthew Rutledge, a research economist at Boston College. “Or it could just be desperation — people trying to make ends meet when other safety nets just aren’t there.”

As of January, the federal government was mailing out disability checks to more than 10.5 million individuals, including 2 million to spouses and children of disabled workers, at a cost of record $200 billion a year, recent research from JPMorgan Chase shows.

The sputtering economy has fueled those ranks. Around 5.3 percent of the population between the ages of 25 and 64 is currently collecting federal disability payments, a jump from 4.5 percent since the economy slid into a recession.

Mental-illness claims, in particular, are surging.

During the recent economic boom, only 33 percent of applicants were claiming mental illness, but that figure has jumped to 43 percent, says Rutledge, citing preliminary results from his latest research.

His research also shows a growing number of men, particularly older, former white-collar workers, instead of the typical blue-collar ones, are applying.

The big concern about the swelling ranks is that once people get on disability, they’re unlikely to give it up and go back to work.

“It’s not like other support programs, such as unemployment insurance, which you lose after a year or two,” says Michael Feroli, chief US economist with JPMorgan.

Social Security’s disability fund, which has been operating short of cash since 2005, is forecast to run out of reserves by 2018.

The jump in successful disability claims also is making the unemployment picture look extra rosy because those folks are falling off the jobless rolls.

“If they’re on disability they’re generally not counted,” says Feroli, who estimates that a quarter of those dropping out of the job market are getting disability. “It’s no trivial number.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/p ... zz1n3ER9S5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:56 pm 

Bump for einstein.... :smt005

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:35 am 

Maybe Valerie can tell us how these unemployed people pay their rent, auto, utilities and other necessities while they're out blowing their gub'mint check on the DUMBO stimulus...

or maybe you can edge.

Quote:
Note to Obama: Unemployment is up
Washington Times, by Editorial

The Obama administration keeps reporting supposed good news on the employment front. Americans sense that something is not quite right about the rosy official numbers, and a series of independent reports confirms their skepticism.

On Feb. 16, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) released a report on long-term unemployment showing that the past three years have witnessed “the longest stretch of high unemployment in this country since the Great Depression.” The report observes that if the underemployed had not been excluded from official statistics, “the unemployment rate in January 2012 would have been about 15 percent.” The “share of unemployed people looking for work for more than six months,” i.e. the long-term unemployed, has been above 40 percent since December 2009, the highest level since these data have been collected.

One reason for the persistence of long-term unemployment is that people are eligible for unemployment benefits far longer than before the recession. White House senior adviser Valerie Jarrett helpfully reminded America that the Obama administration sees this as a net positive. “People who receive that unemployment check go out and spend it and help stimulate the economy, so that’s healthy as well,”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... ent-is-up/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:48 am 

comedian wrote:
Bump for einstein.... :smt005

Well let's see.
Last time there was a republican in the White House, the DOW was at 8,000, over 750,000 jobs per month were being lost, the country was in the worst financial disaster since the great depression (republican president), Osama bin Laden was watching TV, and American troops were still being blown up in Iraq.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:51 am 

Uh huh...all under democrat control. Democrat failed policies... :smt005

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:51 am 

Wrong again dumbass.
The Bush tax cuts, Afghanistan, the Bush Iraq fiasco and the Bush Recession all started under republican control. The dems didn't take control till 2007.

Here's one of my all time favorite "Democrat failed policies"

Conservative morons hate facts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next