Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: “I think the administration deserves great credit."
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:40 am 

Oh no more bad news for ODS cons:
U.S. Jobless Claims Fall Sharply

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

The number of people seeking unemployment benefits for the first time plummeted last week to 352,000, the fewest since April 2008, the Labor Department said Thursday. The decline added to evidence that the job market is strengthening.

Weekly applications fell by 50,000, the biggest drop in the seasonally adjusted figure in more than six years. The four-week average, which smooths out fluctuations, dropped to 379,000. That was the second-lowest such figure in more than three years.

When weekly applications fall consistently below 375,000, it usually signals that hiring is strong enough to push down the unemployment rate. A department spokesman cautioned, however, that volatility at this time of year is common.

Separately, the department said consumer prices were unchanged last month, the latest sign that inflation remains tame. Lower gasoline prices offset rising costs for food, medical care and housing.

The Consumer Price Index was flat in December for the second straight month, the government said. Excluding volatile food and energy costs, so-called core prices rose 0.1 percent.

Inflation appears to be peaking after rising steeply last year. Prices rose 3 percent in 2011, up from a 1.5 percent pace in 2010 and the most since 2007. But that was down from the 12-month increase of 3.9 percent in September.

Lower inflation gives consumers more spending power, which bolsters growth. It also gives the Federal Reserve more leeway to keep interest rates low and take other steps to strengthen the economy.

Many economists say inflation has peaked and that they expect the rate to decline this year. The prices for oil and many farm commodities, such as corn and wheat, have declined. That has brought down the price of gasoline and slowed food inflation.

The Federal Reserve projects consumer price inflation will fall from about 2.8 percent in 2011 to roughly 1.7 percent this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:08 pm 

ignorantfuk540 wrote:
the phony solyndra scandal

ignorantfuk540 wrote:
Nothing more than right-wing, partisan witch hunts that nobody gives a crap about.

Quote:
11 More Solyndras About to Crash -
Obama Administration Says
They "Expected" Failures (Video)

Human Events, by Jim Hoft

There are at least another 11 Solyndras in Obama's backyard just ready to crash. The Obama Administration said they knew that several of the companies would fail.

They built in $2.4 billion into the program for potential failures.

That's criminal.

Solyndra was not an isolated incident. There are several green energy projects that are going to fail.

CBS reported:

Solar panel maker Solyndra received a $528 million Energy Department loan in 2009 - and went bankrupt last year. The government's risky investment strategy didn't stop there, as a CBS News investigation has uncovered a pattern of cases of the government pouring your tax dollars into clean energy.

Take Beacon Power -- a green energy storage company. We were surprised to learn exactly what the Energy Department knew before committing $43 million of your tax dollars. Documents obtained by CBS News show Standard and Poor's had confidentially given the project a dismal outlook of "CCC-plus." Asked whether he'd put his personal money into Beacon, economist Peter Morici replied, "Not on purpose."

read more:

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=48798

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:27 pm 

Give it up mr grape

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:35 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
ignorantfuk540 wrote:
the phony solyndra scandal

ignorantfuk540 wrote:
Nothing more than right-wing, partisan witch hunts that nobody gives a crap about.

Quote:
11 More Solyndras About to Crash -
Obama Administration Says
They "Expected" Failures (Video)

Human Events, by Jim Hoft

There are at least another 11 Solyndras in Obama's backyard just ready to crash. The Obama Administration said they knew that several of the companies would fail.

They built in $2.4 billion into the program for potential failures.

That's criminal.

Solyndra was not an isolated incident. There are several green energy projects that are going to fail.

CBS reported:

Solar panel maker Solyndra received a $528 million Energy Department loan in 2009 - and went bankrupt last year. The government's risky investment strategy didn't stop there, as a CBS News investigation has uncovered a pattern of cases of the government pouring your tax dollars into clean energy.

Take Beacon Power -- a green energy storage company. We were surprised to learn exactly what the Energy Department knew before committing $43 million of your tax dollars. Documents obtained by CBS News show Standard and Poor's had confidentially given the project a dismal outlook of "CCC-plus." Asked whether he'd put his personal money into Beacon, economist Peter Morici replied, "Not on purpose."

read more:

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=48798

edge540 wrote:
Give it up mr grape

New Obama ad defends energy policy, Solyndra

We will when they do.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:29 am 

dumbfuk wrote:
“I think the administration deserves great credit."

Quote:
White House to miss
budget deadline for third year

Washington Times, by Stephen Dinan

The White House told Congress on Monday that its budget will be late this year, meaning President Obama once again will miss the deadline set in law. Congressional officials said the president now will send up his budget on Feb. 13, which is a week later than the usual date. The law requires the budget be sent by the first Monday in February. Late budgets are common in the first year of a presidency, but this move, in Mr. Obama's fourth year, drew fire from Congress. Rep. Paul Ryan, chairman of the House Budget Committee, called it an "abdication of leadership."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/ins ... hird-year/

This is understandable...because this man-child has no clue what a budget is.

besides, he wouldn't follow it if he had one.

He's too busy playing golf and vacationing to be bothered with such things.

But he'll be sure to tell the useful idiots that he isn't going to rest until he gets it back on track.

hey edge?, do those bullshit lines still work on you?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:04 pm 

Congrats to Seal Team 6 & The Commander in Chief.
So did this make your head explode mr. grape? :mrgreen:

U.S. special operations forces swooped into Somalia on Wednesday and rescued two hostage aid workers after killing their nine kidnappers, a rare and daring raid in the Horn of Africa nation to free foreign captives.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/ ... I220120125

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:38 am 

Great Job SEALs!!!

obama had nothing to do with it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:40 am 

right
The Commader in Chief has nothing to do with high risk military operations.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:25 am 

edge540 wrote:
right
The Commader in Chief has nothing to do with high risk military operations.

then why is this soldier still being held?
By the Taliban.
Obamas newest buddies...

Quote:
Captive U.S. soldier Bowe Bergdahl
'recaptured by the Taliban after three
days on the run following daring escape'

DAILY MAIL By Leon Watson

A U.S. soldier held by the Taliban since 2009 has been recaptured after he went on the run for three days.

Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl's daring escape failed when a manhunt was launched in Pakistan to find him, Taliban commanders said.

He is now facing his third Christmas in captivity.

Bowe Bergdahl, left, appeared without beard despite captors' claim he has converted to Islam in the latest video released by the Taliban last May

Sgt Bergdahl has been a prisoner of the Taliban since his capture on June 30, 2009, in Afghanistan.

Since then, he has appeared in a least five Taliban propoganda videos, one of which was released in May.

He is the only known U.S. soldier to be captive of the Taliban.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1kZtlwoHa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:02 pm 

Federal taxes to jump 30% in 2 years

Lets see Dumbo take credit for that.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:12 am 

edge540 wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:
When DUMBO speaks loftily about "investing in the industries of the future,"

Can you tell me what qualifies him to know what those industries of the future are?

Common sense, something conservatives lack.
I doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that developing fuel-efficient technology is an industry of the future.

http://204.2.104.194/discussionforum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7159&hilit=expert&start=1155

then this guy must be a complete idiot

Quote:
Obama's Green Energy Investments Continue to Fail
Investor's Business Daily

Industrial Policy: In recent days we learned sales of the Volt and Leaf cratered, President Obama's failed green jobs program is under investigation, and another "clean energy" company's in trouble. Green is the new red.

Each week, it seems, brings fresh evidence that the Obama administration's obsession with so-called clean energy is an increasingly costly failure.

January car sales data out this week provided additional proof that consumers are turning their backs on electric cars, making President Obama's pledge to get a million of them on the road in three years look even more ridiculous.

Chevy sold just 603 Volts in January. (It sold almost five times as many gas-guzzling, 12 mpg Suburbans that same month.) Nissan moved just 676 Leafs, and the company hasn't sold more than 1,000 in five months.

And these dismal sales figures come in a month when overall auto sales were surprisingly strong — hitting a high not seen since May 2008.

http://news.investors.com/Article/59994 ... ng-off.htm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:16 am 

Holy crap...Oh no
More bad news for the ODS Obama haters:

U.S. Jobless Rate Falls to 3-Year Low, Report Shows

By MOTOKO RICH

The United States economy gained momentum in January, adding 243,000 jobs, the second straight month of better-than-expected gains.

The unemployment rate fell to 8.3 percent, giving a cause for optimism as the economy shapes up as the central issue in the presidential election. The Labor Department’s monthly snapshot of the jobs market uses a different survey, of households rather than employers, to calculate the unemployment rate.

Measured by both the unemployment rate and the number of jobless — which fell to 12,758,000 — it was the strongest signal yet that an economic recovery was spreading to the jobs market. The last time the figures were as good was February 2009, President Obama’s first full month in office.

The report sent stock-index futures up sharply on Wall Street before the opening bell.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:32 am 

edge540 wrote:
Holy crap...Oh no
More bad news for the ODS Obama haters:

U.S. Jobless Rate Falls to 3-Year Low, Report Shows

this is a fu'cking lie

what happened to the 1.2 million people who dropped out of the labor market edge?

real unemployment rate is 14%-19%

Last edited by Moby Grape on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:35 am 

Let me know exactly what part of this is going over your tiny little pinhead :smt005

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:39 am 

bullshit, 1.2 million vanished from the labor pool last month.

400,000 the month before that.

that liar is twisting numbers.

there is no drop. in fact it went up.

but there is still idiots who believe this bullshit and you're one of them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next