Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: “I think the administration deserves great credit."
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:05 am 

Your wingnut bullshit talking points ignore other facts that affect the economy.
When Obama was sworn in, jobs were being lost at over 750,000 per month thanks to your hero George Bush. As soon as the stimulus bill was passed job loss was stopped & the economy began to recover & it still is. The economy would've tanked completely without it.
That's not an opinion that's a FACT.
So like the experts said:

The fiscal stimulus created 2.7 million jobs and added $460 billion to gross domestic product. Unemployment would be 11% today if the stimulus hadn't been passed and 16.5% if neither the fiscal stimulus nor the banks' rescue had been enacted.

Quote:
Now you tell me how you consider this to be a success?

Damn right it is.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:15 am 

edge540 wrote:
Unemployment would be 11% today if the stimulus hadn't been passed and 16.5% if neither the fiscal stimulus nor the banks' rescue had been enacted. [/b]

how did you arrive at that figure?

Do you have a crystal ball?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:42 am 

Quote:

I didn't arrive at anything, economic analysts did.
Quote:
No, but unlike simpleminded conservative brain stems that have an irrational hatred for the president, I do have common sense & functioning brain.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:46 am 

edge540 wrote:

do YOU know how THEY arrived at those figures?

or are you just taking their word for it?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:37 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
edge540 wrote:

do YOU know how THEY arrived at those figures?

or are you just taking their word for it?

Quote:
Most of the unemployed no longer receive benefits
Associated Press, by Christopher S. Rugaber

WASHINGTON (AP) — The jobs crisis has left so many people out of work for so long that most of America's unemployed are no longer receiving unemployment benefits.

Early last year, 75 percent were receiving checks. The figure is now 48 percent — a shift that points to a growing crisis of long-term unemployment. Nearly one-third of America's 14 million unemployed have had no job for a year or more.

Congress is expected to decide by year's end whether to continue providing emergency unemployment benefits for up to 99 weeks in the hardest-hit states. If the emergency benefits expire, the proportion of the unemployed receiving aid would fall further.

The ranks of the poor would also rise. The Census Bureau says unemployment benefits kept 3.2 million people from slipping into poverty last year. It defines poverty as annual income below $22,314 for a family of four.

Yet for a growing share of the unemployed, a vote in Congress to extend the benefits to 99 weeks is irrelevant. They've had no job for more than 99 weeks. They're no longer eligible for benefits.

http://news.yahoo.com/most-unemployed-n ... 36370.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:19 pm 

dumbfuk wrote:
“I think the administration deserves great credit."

Quote:
Desert chief says al-Qaida branch got Libyan arms
Associated Press

(AP) NOUAKCHOTT, Mauritania — A desert chief with al-Qaida's North Africa branch has confirmed fears that his terror organization procured weapons from stockpiles left unguarded in Libya after the fall of Moammar Gadhafi.

Mokhtar Belmokhtar was quoted by the private Mauritanian newspaper Nouakchott Infos and its online version Nouakchott Information Agency as saying that "it's totally natural we benefited from Libyan arms in such conditions."

The interview published Wednesday did not specify the types or quantity of arms involved. The executive editor of the paper, Mohamed Mahmoud Ould Aboulmaaly, who carried out the interview, said he spoke with Belmokhtar by telephone, but refused to give his location.

Hey edge, will you give Obama credit when one of the missiles takes out an airliner?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:41 pm 

A star ball player was kidnapped in Venezuela. If he sends down Seal Team 6 to retrieve him and exterminate the kidnappers then maybe I'd be impressed. Oh wait! He disbanded them. :roll:

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:43 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
No, but unlike simpleminded conservative brain stems that have an irrational hatred for the president, I do have common sense & functioning brain.

Nothing irrational about it. He's a progressive.

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:56 am 

while useful idiots like edge busy themselves with Sarah Palins emails and Herman Cain sex life.

Quote:
Capitol Cronyism: Obama-Backer Warren Buffett Helped Shape Bailout Rules,
Then Made Massive Profits from Them

Big Government, by Wynton Hall

In the wake of the $700 billion TARP bailout, Warren Buffett apparently shaped a plan to clean up toxic assets that Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner later adopted–resulting in massive profits for Buffett.

That’s the latest bombshell revelation from investigative journalist and Breitbart editor Peter Schweizer’s sensational new book, Throw Them All Out.

According to Schweizer, after the bailout bill’s passage, Warren Buffett sat down and wrote then-Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson a four-page private letter laying out a plan to clean up the toxic assets plaguing numerous financial institutions. Buffett proposed something he called a “public-private partnership fund.” For every $10 billion the private sector invested, Buffett said the government should put up $40 billion.

http://biggovernment.com/whall/2011/11/ ... from-them/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:47 pm 

edge540 wrote:

thanks barry...

Quote:
Baghdad hit by wave of attacks; 57 killed
Associated Press

BAGHDAD - A wave of bombings ripped across Baghdad on Thursday morning, killing at least 57 people and injuring nearly 200 in the worst violence Iraq has seen for months. The bloodbath comes just days after American forces left the country. The blasts also came on the heels of a political crisis between Iraq's Sunni and Shiite factions that erupted this weekend. The political spat, which pits Iraq's Shiite prime minister against the highest-ranking Sunni political leader, has raised fears that Iraq's sectarian wounds will be reopened during a fragile time

Quote:
The price (and perhaps just a down payment) of 0bama's precipitious withdrawal / re-election gimmick.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:09 pm 

U.S.-Iraq Status of Forces Agreement, 2008
Agreement Between the United States of America and the Republic of Iraq
On the Withdrawal of United States Forces from Iraq and the Organization
of Their Activities during Their Temporary Presence in Iraq

Let's see, who was the Commander In Chief in 2008 that agreed to a total withdrawal by the end of 2011?

anybody?.....anybody?.....anybody?.....
I know, can mr. grape please, please help us out here? I bet he knows :smt005

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:49 pm 

dumbfuk wrote:

Quote:
U.S. Weighs Releasing Taliban
Commander From Gitmo
as Part of Peace Talks

Fox News

WASHINGTON – The U.S. is considering a proposal to transfer a top Taliban commander out of the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay as part of a potential step toward peace talks with the Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan.

A senior U.S. official confirmed to Fox News that Mullah Mohammed Fazl is among the prisoners being considered for release. Held at Guantanamo Bay since 2002, Fazl was suspected in sectarian killings of Shiite Muslims before the U.S. invasion that toppled the Taliban government in Afghanistan in 2001.

The U.S. alleges he was a top Taliban official who at one point commanded thousands of troops.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12 ... z1i36UCjXO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:45 pm 

More than 500 Guantanamo detainees were released or transferred under Bush

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... re-releas/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am 

edge540 wrote:
More than 500 Guantanamo detainees were released or transferred under Bush

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... re-releas/

nope, the DEMOCRATS and liberal pussies JUST LIKE YOU were responsible for that

MEANWHILE, DUMBO is releasing the terrorist masterminds and leaders of these fuc'king animals out just in time for 2012

dumbfuk wrote:

edge540 wrote:
When the Taliban takes over Afghanistan & lets Al-Qaeda establish bases again, cons like you will be the first one's blaming Obama. Cheney & his daughter would on TV 24-7 saying "I told you so"

http://204.2.104.194/discussionforum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7893&p=103023&hilit=taliban#p103023

Quote:
Obama’s Surrender of Afghanistan Continues Apace?
Power Line, by John Hinderaker

On New Year’s Eve, we cited news reports that, taken together, suggested that the Obama administration is in the process of negotiating a surrender to the Taliban. An AP report to which we linked said that certain “trust-building measures” were part of the process:

The U.S. outreach this year had progressed to the point that there was active discussion of two steps the Taliban seeks as precursors to negotiations, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the issue.

Trust-building measures under discussion involve setting up a Taliban headquarters office and the release from the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, of about five Afghan prisoners believed affiliated with the Taliban.

Today the Guardian reported that these “trust-building measures” are moving forward: “Taliban leaders held at Guantánamo Bay to be released in peace talks deal.”

The US has agreed in principle to release high-ranking Taliban officials from Guantánamo Bay in return for the Afghan insurgents’ agreement to open a political office for peace negotiations in Qatar, the Guardian has learned.
…
The releases would be to reciprocate for Tuesday’s announcement from the Taliban that they are prepared to open a political office in Qatar to conduct peace negotiations “with the international community” – the most significant political breakthrough in ten years of the Afghan conflict.

So let’s get this straight: we agree to release key Taliban leaders from Gitmo, and the Taliban “reciprocates” not by releasing the one American they hold hostage, but by agreeing to “open a political office…in Qatar?”

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... -apace.php

Quote:
Taliban leaders held at Gitmo to be released
American Thinker, by Rick Moran

Yes - and I'm sure they're going to promise to be good little boys and not kill Americans ever again.

The Guardian:

The US has agreed in principle to release high-ranking Taliban officials from Guantánamo Bay in return for the Afghan insurgents' agreement to open a political office for peace negotiations in Qatar, the Guardian has learned.

According to sources familiar with the talks in the US and in Afghanistan, the handful of Taliban figures will include Mullah Khair Khowa, a former interior minister, and Noorullah Noori, a former governor in northern Afghanistan.

More controversially, the Taliban are demanding the release of the former army commander Mullah Fazl Akhund. Washington is reported to be considering formally handing him over to the custody of another country, possibly Qatar.

The releases would be to reciprocate for Tuesday's announcement from the Taliban that they are prepared to open a political office in Qatar to conduct peace negotiations "with the international community" - the most significant political breakthrough in ten years of the Afghan conflict.

The Taliban are holding just one American soldier, Bowe Bergdahl, a 25-year-old sergeant captured in June 2009, but it is not clear whether he would be freed as part of the deal.

"To take this step, the [Obama] administration have to have sufficient confidence that the Taliban are going to reciprocate," said Vali Nasr, who was an Obama administration adviser on the Afghan peace process until last year. "It is going to be really risky. Guantánamo is a very sensitive issue politically."

Shouldn't prisoner releases like, you know, happen at the end of a negotiations, not the beginning?

Just asking.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... eased.html

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:11 pm 

ignorantfuk540 wrote:
the phony solyndra scandal

ignorantfuk540 wrote:
Nothing more than right-wing, partisan witch hunts that nobody gives a crap about.

Quote:
11 More Solyndras About to Crash -
Obama Administration Says
They "Expected" Failures
(Video)
Human Events, by Jim Hoft

There are at least another 11 Solyndras in Obama's backyard just ready to crash. The Obama Administration said they knew that several of the companies would fail.

They built in $2.4 billion into the program for potential failures.

That's criminal.

Solyndra was not an isolated incident. There are several green energy projects that are going to fail.

CBS reported:

Solar panel maker Solyndra received a $528 million Energy Department loan in 2009 - and went bankrupt last year. The government's risky investment strategy didn't stop there, as a CBS News investigation has uncovered a pattern of cases of the government pouring your tax dollars into clean energy.

Take Beacon Power -- a green energy storage company. We were surprised to learn exactly what the Energy Department knew before committing $43 million of your tax dollars. Documents obtained by CBS News show Standard and Poor's had confidentially given the project a dismal outlook of "CCC-plus." Asked whether he'd put his personal money into Beacon, economist Peter Morici replied, "Not on purpose."

"It's, it is a junk bond," Morici said. "But it's not even a good junk bond. It's well below investment grade." Was the Energy Department investing tax dollars in something that's not even a good junk bond? Morici says yes. "This level of bond has about a 70 percent chance of failing in the long term," he said. In fact, Beacon did go bankrupt two months ago and it's unclear whether taxpayers will get all their money back.

And the feds made other loans when public documents indicate they should have known they could be throwing good money after bad.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=48798

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next