Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Taking it to the streets...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:34 am 

The Ant and the Grasshopper (Classic Version):

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed. The grasshopper has no food and no shelter, so he dies out in the cold...alone.

The Ant and the Grasshopper (Liberal version):

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving. CBS, NBC, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food.

America is stunned by the sharp contrast. How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody cries when they sing "It's Not Easy Being Green".

Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news stations film the group singing "We Shall Overcome". Jesse then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake.

Barack Obama exclaims in an interview with Katie Couric that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and calls for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his "fair share".

Finally, the EEOC drafts the "Economic Equity and Anti-Grasshopper Act", retroactive to the beginning of the summer. The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the government. Hillary gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried before a panel of federal judges that Bill appointed from a list of single-parent welfare recipients.

The ant loses the case.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles to the ground around him because he doesn't maintain it. The ant has disappeared in the snow. The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:47 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
.The 1% that fund money to the repuks that want to break the unions so they can employ workers at minimum wages with no benefits...

Why don't you start with your messiah and his band of tax dodgers first.

I'm all for it...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:51 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
.I guess you are too young to realize that the only way things really change in this country is by "Taking it to the streets!" ...and yes I feel energized...finally people are figuring it out!

I bet if the Tea Party protesters were all lazy, ignorant, unemployed, parasites you have praised them too.

say chuck, if these idiots are so against big bad evil corporation why are they using smart phones, Facebook, etc and things like that?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:23 pm 

Group plans Occupy Valpo protest Saturday
Quote:
VALPARAISO | The protest of the nation's financial institutions will spread to Valparaiso on Saturday in front of the Chase Bank at Franklin Street and Lincolnway.

Quote:
In approving the permit, Mayor Jon Costas, board chairman, said, "I appreciate you getting involved. For the Constitution to work, it takes people to be engaged. We don't want to discourage these types of things, and it is encouraging to me to hear that you want to be involved."

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/porter/valparaiso/article_e58a91e3-0590-5922-bfac-58f13ae55210.html#ixzz1aiOZjmsH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:44 pm 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:

Smartest thing he's ever posted.

Last edited by r11 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:18 pm 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:
Group plans Occupy Valpo protest Saturday

That ought to be some f'n collection of winners. Old hippies and draft-dodgers like "youknowwho48", misguided young students and their liberal anti-American "educators", welfare parasites, union knuckledraggers, and every kind of misfit imaginable....yep, some f'n collection of winners.

You'll fit right in chuckweird? Actually, chuckweird won't be there. He pukes his rhetoric out on these message boards, but he's too damn lazy to actually get off his ass and attend.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:22 pm 

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:32 am 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:43 am 

Just like the Tea Party right edge?

Quote:
Coast Guard member spit on near Occupy Boston tents
Fox 25 (Boston)

BOSTON (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) - The Coast Guard in Boston confirmed that a woman in uniform was harassed and spat upon near Occupy Boston protesters.

The woman was walking to the train and said protesters spit on her twice, called her foul names and even threw a water bottle at her.

Now, the Coast Guard is warning all staff working on Atlantic Avenue to avoid those protesters while in uniform.

BREAK

More than 140 Occupy Boston protesters were arrested earlier this week for refusing to cooperate with police on the Rose Kennedy Greenway.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/loc ... z1alcVVAYf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:56 pm 
Banned

Hey Chuckmo, I saw you whining and crying to the aging Chicago homo OTOB about getting "slammed" in this thread because of your opinions. While your opinions are dead wrong and really do suck, that's not why you get slammed and are thought of as a board laughingstock. Much like your fellow laughingstock and punching bag "Angry Ed", you get slammed because of the way you conduct yourself, and because of your stated reason for posting on this board in the first place...a rabid hatred of conservatives and a desire to try and antagonize them (quote provided for reference)..........

chuckmo48 wrote:

I thought it was time to raise your collective blood pressures.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:16 pm 

r11 wrote:
Hey Chuckmo, I saw you whining and crying to the aging Chicago homo OTOB about getting "slammed" in this thread because of your opinions. [/color]

are you kidding me?

I thought they all ran off to that board because they didn't like this board.

I actually thought chuck was a notch above the crap like this famous hypocrite who mouthed off to this board

Image wrote:
Time it takes to set up a new board-a few hours

Time it takes to invite good posters- a few days

Having a place where the trolls aren't welcome-

PRICELESS!!!!!

http://204.2.104.194/discussionforum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=5441&p=68704&hilit=priceless#p68704

really disappointed in you chuck

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:38 pm 

r11 wrote:
Hey Chuckmo, I saw you whining and crying to the aging Chicago homo OTOB about getting "slammed" in this thread because of your opinions.

OK everyone...let's sing along..."Me and my Shadow"....Gee why don't you post over on the other forum?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:59 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
I actually thought chuck was a notch above the crap like this famous hypocrite who mouthed off to this board really disappointed in you chuck

I'm not going anywhere...Sort of like I do not put you on the same level as the new and improved (?) r11...just making an observation on the other forum (from time to time)...but hey doesn't r11 (aka: THD Tmr9, Censorthis, Honest Abe, etc, etc, etc) remind you of someone HE is always complaining about reading comments on this board and then commenting about it on the other forum?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:16 pm 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:
.Gee why don't you post over on the other forum?

Uuummmmm....because it's run by a mental patient who, if something bothers him or if his boy is getting his ass kicked by Happy Jack..he censors it? Ooorrrrrrr...because the most prevalent poster over there is a hateful, lonely, frustrated, angry, aging queen who doesn't appear to have a decent bone in his body and who expresses EVERYTHING in terms of how much he hates it?

Speaking of pure, venomous hate chuckles, why did you quit Sparks hate page on Facebook,,and why did you join it in the first place? What exactly did the Preacher do to you?

Last edited by r11 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:20 pm 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:
I actually thought chuck was a notch above the crap like this famous hypocrite who mouthed off to this board really disappointed in you chuck

..just making an observation on the other forum

Why are you lying chuckles? You were crying to Artie because you were getting "slammed" by the "cons" every time you posted in this thread. "Cons" like Moby. Is this not true chuckweird?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next