Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2031 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 136  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Greatest Show on Earth...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:54 pm 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:
Gee...with only 7 posts how do you know anything about edge?

Gee--uuuummmmm--maybe because the board goes back to 2004 or so, and I can read. Funniest damn thing I think I read was where he was braggin on his brothers money, his brothers car, & his brothers house. Showed a picture of the brothers house and told everyone where it was. Or was that SATIRE for the satirically challenged?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:33 am 

Tell us more Rick.

Rick Perry Said Bush Defended Us From Freedom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysAqO8nG ... r_embedded

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:51 am 

edge540 wrote:
Tell us more Rick.

TELL US MORE BARRY...

Top 10 Obama Gaffes
by Human Events
07/10/2011

The Left had a grand old time with President George W. Bush’s mangling of the English language, and let Sarah Palin​ or Michele Bachmann make a slip of the tongue and the mainstream media will turn it into a major news story.

Not so with President Obama’s verbal missteps. Here, to bring balance to the ridicule, are the Top 10 Obama Gaffes:

1. How many states? Vice President Dan Quayle was virtually laughed out of Washington for misspelling potato back in 1992, yet Barack Obama made a more elementary flub when, during the 2008 campaign, he said: “I've now been in 57 states—I think one left to go.''

2. Hero soldier mix-up: While commending troops at Fort Drum, N.Y., for their completed deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan, President Obama said, “A comrade of yours, Jared Monti, was the first person who I was able to award the Medal of Honor to who actually came back and wasn't receiving it posthumously." Wrong hero. Sgt. 1st Class Jared Monti was killed in action, another soldier, Staff Sgt. Sal Giunta, was the first living recipient of the Medal of Honor that fought in Afghanistan.

3. What year is it? During a trip to London’s Westminster Abbey, President Obama signed the guest book and dated it 24 May 2008. Oops. It was 2011. (Maybe he was wistfully dreaming about his 2008 election campaign at the time.)

4. Look at the map: Not only does Obama not know how many states there are, he also doesn’t know where they are. During the 2008 primary campaign, he explained why he was trailing Hillary Clinton in Kentucky: “Sen. Clinton, I think, is much better known, coming from a nearby state of Arkansas. So it’s not surprising that she would have an advantage in some of those states in the middle.” Obama’s home state of Illinois, and not Arkansas, shares a border with Kentucky.

5. What language is that? In April 2009, on one of his many foreign trips, President Obama mused, “I don’t know what the term is in Austrian” for “wheeling and dealing.” Oops, Mr. President. There is no Austrian language.

6. Twister casualties: After a devastating tornado hit Kansas, Obama discussed the tragedy without help from a teleprompter, saying, ''In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died—an entire town destroyed.'' He was only off by 9,988 as the twister killed 12 people.

7. How old is Malia? The President last month thought he was so clever, unfavorably comparing Republican procrastination on the debt limit to his daughters finishing their homework early. In his remarks, Obama made a reference to daughter Malia, saying she was 13 years old, when at the time she was 12. Imagine the press reaction if Michele Bachmann​ made a misstatement about any of her five children or 23 foster kids.

8. Special Olympics insensitivity: The President called and apologized to the head of the Special Olympics, after making this insensitive comment following a game of bowling: “No, no. I have been practicing. ... I bowled a 129. It's like—it was like Special Olympics, or something.'' Maybe he should have also apologized to bowlers for his feeble effort.

9. Faith confusion: No wonder so many Americans are unsure of the President’s faith, as he seems to be confused himself. During the 2008 campaign, during an interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, Obama said, “What I was suggesting—you're absolutely right that John McCain​ has not talked about my Muslim faith,” before Stephanopoulos jumped in to help, saying ''your Christian faith.”

10. Health care inefficiencies: During the health care debate, President Obama explained all the benefits of ObamaCare, saying, “The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system.” Mr. President, we already have enough inefficiency in health care and, yes, your “reforms” will only make it worse.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=44749

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:48 pm 

off topic again

GOP candidate Jon Huntsman blasts Rick Perry on global warming, bashes Bachmann on $2 gas claim

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... bachm.html

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:01 pm 

back on topic

Quote:
Vacationing Obama Calls CEOs for Ideas on New Jobs Plan
ABC News, by David Kerley

On a day that the Congressional Budget Office predicted slow economic growth, and an unemployment rate still over 8% by the end of next year, the White House says the President continues to work on his new jobs plan during his Martha’s Vineyard vacation. And the President is taking some advice. This morning Mr. Obama talked to GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt and American Express CEO Ken Chenault, who both serve on the President’s Jobs Council.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch ... -plan.html

Now wait just a second...didn't DUMBO tell the citizens emphatically that he had a jobs plan all ready to go and that he was going to reveal it after his vacation?

Lying SoS doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:15 pm 

All the GOP clowns running for president have the same job plan which has worked so great for the last ten years:
More tax cuts for the "job creators" & more deregulation

Working like a charm

Last edited by edge540 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:18 pm 

edge540 wrote:
All the GOP clowns running for president have the same job plan which has worked so great for the last ten years:

Working like charm

yeah well, unemployment was under 5% when this idiot DUMBO took office.

now it's over 10%

Working like charm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:21 pm 

edge540 wrote:

Working like charm

Are you aware that business creates jobs, not government?

When government raises taxes and regulations on business, businesses do not hire new workers.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:30 pm 

Quote:
"yeah well, unemployment was under 5% when..."

yeah right...never mind over 700,000 jobs per month were being lost when your hero was still in office
From the CONSERVATIVE WSJ:
Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record

By WSJ Staff
President George W. Bush entered office in 2001 just as a recession was starting, and is preparing to leave in the middle of a long one. That’s almost 22 months of recession during his 96 months in office.

His job-creation record won’t look much better. The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton‘s administration and only slightly better than President George H.W. Bush did in his four years in office.
Quote:
"Are you aware that business creates jobs, not government?"

Reapeating stupid GOP talking points does not make them fact.
Buiding a new school, sewer system, weapons system for the Pentagon or interstate highway creates thousands of jobs.

Quote:
"When government raises taxes and regulations on business"

No one is proposing raising taxes on business.

Last edited by edge540 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:34 pm 

edge540 wrote:
All the GOP clowns running for president

You know Moby, edge's hatred is really a good sign.

You know he hates conservatives, all conservatives.

And you know his hatred is based in his fear.

And we can be sure his fear is based on his knowledge that the great liberal experiment that was the Obama administration, will be for only one term and is rapidly coming to an end.

Obama's popularity is dropping like a stone, and America is getting ready to rectify their mistake and chose a Conservative Republican to replace him.

Plus he has not been able to post for months because he cannot defend Obama, but now that the Republican primary has started, he can get his hate on again and go on the attack again.

Just like the good old days during the Bush Administration.

Just remember, the more hate filled and vile the posts are from chuck, edge, and sparky, the better things are going for America.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:36 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:
"When government raises taxes and regulations on business"

No one is proposing raising taxes on business.

That is exactly what Obamacare is, and increased tax upon business for each worker they hire.

Ask any business owner.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:38 pm 

Arc, I see your ODS is getting worse knowing that the GOP field sucks so bad.

That's a shame.

Quote:
"Just like the good old days during the Bush Administration."

Hey now that's "too funny"
Quote:
Obama's popularity is dropping like a stone, and America is getting ready to rectify their mistake and chose a Conservative Republican to replace him.
right
So which GOP clown do you like?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:49 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Arc, I see your ODS is getting worse knowing that the GOP field sucks so bad.

That's a shame.

Quote:
In Iowa, Dems say Nobama
Daily Mail, by Don Surber

For several months now I have kicked around the scenario that Barack Obama might not seek a second term as he pulls an LBJ. On March 31, 1968, Lyndon Johnson announced he would not seek a second full term. The possibility of Obama throwing in the towel is there and perhaps growing by the day as his popularity fades like a pair of cheap jeans. Now Steffen Schmidt reports there is open — if anonymous — speculation in Iowa, the state where Barack Obama’s candidacy was legitimatized in 2008.

Steffen Schmidt is a professor of political science at Iowa State University. Writing for the Des Moines Register, Steffen Schmidt reported:

I recently had drinks with respected senior Democrats in New Hampshire. They were Barack Obama supporters in 2008 and now have serious buyer’s remorse. They were alarmed at the lack of leadership, which they feel Obama showed while he still had a substantial majority in the House and Senate. “Steffen, that health care monstrosity used up all his goodwill and has scared the crap out of voters. They just don’t understand what’s in there and he has done nothing to explain it.”

They were unanimous in blaming him for the avalanche of Republicans and the tea party movement ascendance that has paralyzed Washington. “Obama never stepped up to the plate and gave the Democrats a vision of how to retain power,” one said. “In 2010 he just walked away. He’s worse than Bill Clinton. It’s all about the Big O.”

It’s all about the O. Talk about you’re alienation. How bad is it? An Iowan told him: “New Hampshire was right. Hillary Clinton would have made a better president… I think we need a write-in candidate for the 2012 Iowa Democratic caucuses and Hillary would be my choice.”

http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/archives/40809

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:05 pm 

Quote:
"Science" When It Suits Them
Real Clear Politics, by David Harsanyi

So every now and then, liberals are treated to a big self-righteous laugh at the expense of some backwoods Christian conservative candidate who "ignores science" by doubting evolution or global warming -- or, gasp, both.

Much, for instance, has been made of Texas Gov. Rick Perry's recent suggestion that evolution is a "theory that's out there" with "gaps in it." He even insinuated that evolution and creationism should both be taught in schools -- because folks are "smart enough to figure out which one is right."

Sanctimony to red alert!

Now, I have no interest in watching my kids waste their time with creationism, but unlike progressives, I have no interest in dictating what other kids should learn. Remember that these folks, bothered by the very thought of their offspring's hearing a God-infused concept in school, have no problem forcing millions of parents to accept bureaucrat-written curricula at government-run school monopolies. They oppose home schooling. They oppose school choice. They oppose parents choosing a religious education with their tax dollars.

As a voter, like me, you may find Perry's view on creationism disconcerting and a sign of an unsophisticated candidate. But the fact is that the progressives' faith-based devotion to government is far more consequential than Perry's faith-based position on evolution.

Despite the rare political dispute, in the real world, science -- real science -- is rarely controversial. It's politicized science that is prickly. And science is easy to politicize. Maybe if schools began teaching students that "life" begins at conception and that each zygote, embryo and fetus is a unique human being in some early stage of development just waiting to be born, liberals would see the point.

No, my kids haven't been chewing over Charles Darwin text or the Holy Bible in elementary school. There's simply no time. Not with global warming out there.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... 11071.html

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:31 pm 
Banned

edge540 wrote:
Arc, I see your ODS is getting worse

ODS? ODS? At least Arc is talking about the sitting president.
For Christ sake, this guy edge is still whacked out over a president who has been gone for 3 years. How many times has he mentioned Bush in this thread alone?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2031 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 136  Next