Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cheesed Off Wisconsin DemocRATS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:07 am 

Quick question.

In the bad old days, when Pelosi and Reed were in charge.

And the DemocRATS rammed Obamacare through.

Did The RePUBLICans run and hide like the the Fleebags?

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:53 pm 

This is what the repub governors are doing...They are pitting middle class against middle class...First they start vilifying union public workers; then they will go after the private sector...The end result? A lower class that will now have to depend on what scraps the company and their owners throw them...
Here is another way of stating the obvious:

'Intramural class warfare'
Quote:
"But, seizing the circumstances of hard times, the Republicans are promoting and provoking intramural class warfare. They are pitting what is left of the private-sector middle class against the public-sector middle class. It is a brilliant tactic, backed up by what Republicans themselves define as 'fuzzy math.' But actually it is not about math; it is about mobilizing resentment and envy. And the rich are totally out of this intramural class war."

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20110301/BLOGS13/110309955/1002/LOCAL
...and the sad/funny part of this is that the majority of the people that post here are probably middle class...and most of you just do not see it...(but you will...and it will be too late! Because does anyone really think busting the teacher's unions/associations will make you better off economically or is it that it just makes you feel better?)

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:02 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
This is what the repub governors are doing...They are pitting middle class against middle class...First they start vilifying union public workers; then they will go after the private sector...The end result? A lower class that will now have to depend on what scraps the company and their owners throw them...
Here is another way of stating the obvious:

'Intramural class warfare'
Quote:
"But, seizing the circumstances of hard times, the Republicans are promoting and provoking intramural class warfare. They are pitting what is left of the private-sector middle class against the public-sector middle class. It is a brilliant tactic, backed up by what Republicans themselves define as 'fuzzy math.' But actually it is not about math; it is about mobilizing resentment and envy. And the rich are totally out of this intramural class war."

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20110301/BLOGS13/110309955/1002/LOCAL
...and the sad/funny part of this is that the majority of the people that post here are probably middle class...and most of you just do not see it...(but you will...and it will be too late! Because does anyone really think busting the teacher's unions/associations will make you better off economically or is it that it just makes you feel better?)

It's understandable that the private sector middle class would be the ones who are most upset about having to subsidize those whose benefit and pension packages are worlds above their own; they are the ones who can least afford it.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:20 pm 

happy jack wrote:
It's understandable that the private sector middle class would be the ones who are most upset about having to subsidize those whose benefit and pension packages are worlds above their own; they are the ones who can least afford it.

Well stated Jack,

I would just add the fact that the private sector benefits are funded from capitalism, where as the public sector is on our backs and are funded with our tax dollars.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:51 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Excerpts from a letter a teacher in WI wrote:
Quote:
•According to the 2009 estimate for the U.S. Census, 5,654,774 people live in the state of Wisconsin. Of those, 23.2% are under the age of 18, and presumably are not subject to much in the way of income tax. That still leaves about 4,342,867 taxpayers in the state of Wisconsin. If you wished to trim $30 million off of the budget, that works out to about $6.91 per Wisconsin taxpayer. So I must ask: Is it fair that you ask $3000 of me, but you fail to ask $6.91 of everyone?

Quote:
•Though you are a state employee, I have seen no provision in your bill to cut your own pension or healthcare costs. The governor's salary in Wisconsin was about $137,000 per year, last I checked. By contrast, I make about $38,000 per year. Somewhere in that extra $99,000 that you make, are you sure you couldn't find some money to fund the state recovery which you seem to hold so dear?

Quote:
•As to underpaid -- I'm not sure I am underpaid in general, though I do believe I am underpaid in terms of the educational level expected to do my job. I have two Bachelor's Degrees, and will be beginning work toward my Master's this summer. By comparison, sir, you never completed college, and yet, as previously stated, you outearn me by almost $100,000 per year.

typical union greed and idiocy.

why should the people who pay the salary and the health care and the pension for this hack foot the entire bill for all of it when most of them don't come anywhere near getting those perks?

overpaid?

you betcha.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:33 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
overpaid? you betcha.

Maybe this is why certain countries are surpassing us:
Quote:
First thing in the morning, Japanese children bow to their teachers. It's a small gesture that says a lot.

Quote:
How do they do so much with so little? By investing in top-notch teachers.

Quote:
Retirement comes at 60 for Japanese educators with a salary of more than $62,000, compared to $53,000 in the United States.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/99198/forums/read/12857187/Respect_for_Japanese_Teachers_Means_Top_Results

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:42 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:
overpaid? you betcha.

Quote:
First thing in the morning, Japanese children bow to their teachers. It's a small gesture that says a lot.

Quote:

Quote:
Retirement comes at 60 for Japanese educators with a salary of more than $62,000, compared to $53,000 in the United States.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/99198/forums/read/12857187/Respect_for_Japanese_Teachers_Means_Top_Results

:lol:

So chuckles is saying that other countries are surpassing us because they have more dedicated and better teachers.

I agree..... :smt006

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:58 am 

USMarine wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:
overpaid? you betcha.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So chuck is saying that other countries are surpassing us because they have more dedicated and better teachers.

(Please re-read) No...more respected, invested in, and paid...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:08 am 

chuckles48 wrote:
(Please re-read) No...more respected, invested in, and paid...

So the Japanese teachers are non-union, go to work (instead of violent rallys) and teach so they are respected, and they are paid more because they do their jobs and do them well.

I agree..... :smt006

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:20 pm 

Quote:
Massachusetts Teachers Must
Give Back $1.2 Million
in Overpayments

Associated Press, by Staff

Springfield, Mass.- More than 1,400 public school teachers in Springfield, Mass., have been overpaid by a combined $1.2 million since the beginning of the school year and will have to pay the money back. Superintendent Alan Ingram said Wednesday the "unacceptable" error lies with the system's payroll department and he will discuss repayment plans that are "humane and appropriate" at Thursday's school committee meeting.He says teachers who were eligible for a pay increase under a new contract were inadvertently given an additional step raise. The district has about 2,500 teachers.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/mas ... ve-back-12

too dishonest to say anything or pay it back

or

too stupid to realize they were being paid too much.

There is no 3rd option.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:26 pm 
Banned

Moby Grape wrote:
Quote:
Massachusetts Teachers Must
Give Back $1.2 Million
in Overpayments

Associated Press, by Staff

Springfield, Mass.- More than 1,400 public school teachers in Springfield, Mass., have been overpaid by a combined $1.2 million since the beginning of the school year and will have to pay the money back. Superintendent Alan Ingram said Wednesday the "unacceptable" error lies with the system's payroll department and he will discuss repayment plans that are "humane and appropriate" at Thursday's school committee meeting.He says teachers who were eligible for a pay increase under a new contract were inadvertently given an additional step raise. The district has about 2,500 teachers.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/mas ... ve-back-12

too dishonest to say anything or pay it back

or

too stupid to realize they were being paid too much.

There is no 3rd option.

It could be either. Using our very own chuckmo as an example...he's been busted several times for stealing material and presenting it as his own creation, and in this thread, exposed as a liar regarding his Social Security issues. He also just ain't that bright. Yep, could be either.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:24 am 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:15 pm 

Quote:
"In the poll, 57% of respondents said public employees should have the right to collectively bargain, compared to 37% who said they should not.

Quote:
"A similar majority, 55%, said the state's unions should have the same amount of rights or more than they already enjoy, a rebuke to Walker's efforts to roll back those rights.

Quote:
"Voters are now evenly divided over whether he should be recalled."

Quote:
-- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker (R) is rapidly losing support from his constituents as he continues to push budget proposals that would cut collective bargaining rights and benefits for most of the states public employee unions, according to new data from a PPP poll, a poll whose results TPM first reported on Monday.

Quote:
A majority of Wisconsin voters now disapprove of Walker's job performance, a reversal from the positive approval rating he enjoyed immediately after election day.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion/browse_thread/thread/8718ae27f55df1c4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:01 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:

Here is the actual source of chuckmo's post

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/03/poll-wisconsin-voters-turn...

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:18 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
"In the poll, 57% of respondents said public employees should have the right to collectively bargain, compared to 37% who said they should not."

Then that 57% should have been at the polls on election day in order to constitute a majority to keep Walker from being elected. It is no one's fault but their own.

chuckmo48 wrote:
"A similar majority, 55%, said the state's unions should have the same amount of rights or more than they already enjoy, a rebuke to Walker's efforts to roll back those rights."

Then that 55% should have been at the polls on election day in order to constitute a majority to keep Walker from being elected. It is no one's fault but their own.

Barack Obama

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next