Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cheesed Off Wisconsin DemocRATS
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:46 am 

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/02/25/be ... eebaggers/

Priceless video.
One of the many reasons I love Cheap Trick.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:12 pm 

Ban government employee unions

There was a time in America when the typical union member was a blue-collar guy sweating in a Pittsburgh steel mill, screwing together Chevies in Detroit or loading and unloading ships on the San Francisco docks. But things are radically different today because Joe Lunchpail has been replaced by white-collar Todd and Margo Yuppiecrat processing Social Security checks in Baltimore, conducting environmental audits in Denver or keeping the lines moving at the Department of Motor Vehicles. The breakdown of union membership make this change clear: Only 7.3 percent of all private sector employees are union members, while 37.6 percent of all government workers are unionized. Fifty-one percent of all union members are government workers.

As the Heritage Foundation's James Sherk points out, these numbers ought to be red flags for taxpayers because "government employees don't strike to get higher wages from a private business -- they strike to get higher wages from you."

"Their pay is funded through your tax dollars," he adds. "For government employee union members to get more, your taxes need to go up. So that is what unions now lobby for." And as with so much else in this country, Sherk cautions that what is happening on the West Coast is likely a portent of disturbing things to come for the rest of us:

* In Oregon, public employee unions are funding ballot initiatives to raise personal income and business taxes in order to protect gold-plated medical benefits from state spending reductions.

* In California, the Service Employees International Union spent at least $1 million on a massive television ad campaign demanding that desperate state government officials raise oil, gas and liquor taxes instead of cutting spending.

These actions point to the hard reality that the interests of government employee unions are fundamentally opposed to the interests of taxpayers. The unions are serving their own members, while the government officials who oversee them are serving the public, which usually means delivering the most efficient service at the lowest possible cost.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:32 pm 

Every once and awhile you need to get out on the streets and get a little bloody when necessary.

---Congressman Michael Capuano (D-Mass.)

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:43 pm 

And remember boys and girls, this is YOUR TAX DOLLARS THAT PAY FOR THIS.

BUT HEY, ACCORDING TO THEM, IT'S THEIR RIGHT.

Quote:
1,500 teachers paid to do union business and miss class
New York Post, by Susan Edelman

In the city's funny math, you get only one teacher for the price of two.

The Department of Education pays about 1,500 teachers for time they spend on union activities -- and pays other teachers to replace them in the classroom.

It's a sweetheart deal that costs taxpayers an extra $9 million a year to pay fill-ins for instructors who are sprung -- at full pay -- to carry out responsibilities for the United Federation of Teachers.

With Mayor Bloomberg calling for thousands of teacher layoffs to balance the 2012 budget, critics say it's time to halt the extravagant benefit.

"In these tight fiscal times, it defies common sense to pay two different people to do one job," said Dick Dadey, executive director of Citizens Union, a government watchdog. "It's a waste of money."

That $9 million would cover the salaries of 198 new teachers at the current annual $45,530 starting pay

Tom Dromgoole: Manhattan high schools
DOE Salary: $100,049
UTF Salary: $50,461

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/unio ... MAtzqHASxI

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:01 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Every once and awhile you need to get out on the streets and get a little bloody when necessary.

TAKE A LOOK AT THESE ASSHOLES

Quote:
Union Member Attacks, Injures Tea Party Activist at MoveOn.org-organized Rally
Big Government, by Chuck DeVore

Sacramento’s ABC News 10 reported on the union rally and Tea Party counter rally in Sacramento today. ABC’s online report makes cursory mention of an incident of union violence directed at Tea Party activist Rodney Stanhope: “Police cited one man for battery after he allegedly shoved a tea party supporter.”

I spoke to Stanhope, as he drove to the hospital for x-rays and treatment for the injuries sustained at the rally, and asked him what happened. Mr. Stanhope said that he was with a group of about 150 Tea Party activists across the street from the MoveOn.org-organized union rally. A union man with a bullhorn, Richard Andazola, 28, was yelling across the street at the Tea Party activists, calling them “fascists.”

http://biggovernment.com/cdevore/2011/0 ... zed-rally/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:19 pm 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Didn't take you long to trot out the whack job theories, did it, chuckmo?

Was palin's facebook "hit list" with her face in a gun site a theory?

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Chuckmo started a thread, shed big crocodile tears, & was outraged over gun sites superimposed over a House district. Think chuckmo will start a thread, shed crocodile tears, & be outraged over gun sites superimposed on Gov Walkers face? Yeah...me neither.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:30 pm 

Quote:
Eleanor Clift Amazingly Asks "Since When Does Scott Walker Represent 'The People'?"
News Busters, by Noel Sheppard

Newsweek's Eleanor Clift on Friday amazingly asked, "Since when does Scott Walker represent 'the people'?" Such happened during a heated discussion on PBS's "The McLaughlin Group" about the goings-on in Wisconsin

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s ... ent-people

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:08 pm 

Quote:
Fox News Reporter Gets Hit While WI Protesters Scream ''Fox News Lies''
Mediaite, by Matt Schneider

The Wisconsin protesters are getting restless and angrier as the chants of “Fox News lies” grew louder and louder around reporter Mike Tobin. As some of the protesters eagerly tried to block the camera shot, the picture then switched away from Tobin out on the street to inside the Capitol building. Tobin’s voiceover continued as he exclaimed “a guy just hit me.” Tobin said he has received much heckling, and that a teacher even told him she hates him because it made her feel good. The “utter lack of civility and harassment of reporters,”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-rep ... news-lies/

Quote:

Anarchists attack Seattle police during riot
KOMO-TV

SEATTLE - A roving gang of rioters smashed property and attacked Seattle police with fireworks, flares and fire extinguishers Saturday night near the site where an officer shot a woodcarver to death last August.

The incident began at about 9 p.m. as an officer drove through the intersection at Boren Avenue and Howell Street and came upon a group of what appeared to be anarchists gathering there.

As the officer passed through, the group discharged a fire extinguisher at his vehicle.

Other officers responded and found a group of 25 to 30 gathered in the intersection, setting up fencing and putting up caution tape. They painted "F--- The Pigs" on the street and on a nearby building.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/117012473.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:57 pm 

Hey Moby and USMarine, you have got to see this video.

Warning, it is going to make your blood boil.

Union Protesters Hate Vets

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:05 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Hey Moby and USMarine, you have got to see this video.

Warning, it is going to make your blood boil.

Union Protesters Hate Vets

Jesus wept.

I liked where he told them to take it down now or he would take it down and I'm not surprised given the way most liberals feel about the military that nobody else said anything.

These kids look like professional agitators or community organizers in training.

Typical scumbags have no respect for anyone or anything other than their own warped causes.

Thank God that there are those who remember and honor our brave men and women who have served America.

Semper Fi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:12 am 

Excerpts from a letter a teacher in WI wrote:
Quote:
•According to the 2009 estimate for the U.S. Census, 5,654,774 people live in the state of Wisconsin. Of those, 23.2% are under the age of 18, and presumably are not subject to much in the way of income tax. That still leaves about 4,342,867 taxpayers in the state of Wisconsin. If you wished to trim $30 million off of the budget, that works out to about $6.91 per Wisconsin taxpayer. So I must ask: Is it fair that you ask $3000 of me, but you fail to ask $6.91 of everyone?

Quote:
•Though you are a state employee, I have seen no provision in your bill to cut your own pension or healthcare costs. The governor's salary in Wisconsin was about $137,000 per year, last I checked. By contrast, I make about $38,000 per year. Somewhere in that extra $99,000 that you make, are you sure you couldn't find some money to fund the state recovery which you seem to hold so dear?

Quote:
•As to underpaid -- I'm not sure I am underpaid in general, though I do believe I am underpaid in terms of the educational level expected to do my job. I have two Bachelor's Degrees, and will be beginning work toward my Master's this summer. By comparison, sir, you never completed college, and yet, as previously stated, you outearn me by almost $100,000 per year.

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:54 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Excerpts from a letter a teacher in WI wrote:
Quote:
•According to the 2009 estimate for the U.S. Census, 5,654,774 people live in the state of Wisconsin. Of those, 23.2% are under the age of 18, and presumably are not subject to much in the way of income tax. That still leaves about 4,342,867 taxpayers in the state of Wisconsin. If you wished to trim $30 million off of the budget, that works out to about $6.91 per Wisconsin taxpayer. So I must ask: Is it fair that you ask $3000 of me, but you fail to ask $6.91 of everyone?

Okay.

So each taxpayer is saved $6.91 per teacher.

Now how many teachers are there to multiply that number by?

Seems effective to me.

Don't public school teachers only work approximately 190 days a year?

Don't you wish you got paid you yearly wages but had all summer off?

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:01 pm 

Quote:
Rep. Rangel: Abolishing unions'
collective bargaining 'close to slavery'

The Hill, by Jordan Fabian

State governments taking steps to "abolish" collective bargaining rights for workers is similar to slavery, Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) contends. Speaking Monday at a Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) event about GOP-proposed budget cuts, Rangel brought up Republican governors' plans to target public sector workers, as in the case of Gov. Scott Walker's budget fix plan in Wisconsin. “It doesn’t really make any sense at all for the president of the United States to talk about creating jobs in order to

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... o-slavery-

can't these people come up with new material?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:02 pm 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:

I have paid thousands into Social Security and will never collect one penny of it. So I guess I have the right to protest you since you are taking MY money that I have paid into this government program and will never receive any benefit!

chuckmo48 wrote:

Actually I just finished working in the private since I have been retired so I now qualify for Social Security...

BUST THOSE UNIONS...so guys like this can't gouge the taxpayer for a paycheck and ridiculous benefits for 30+ years, and THEN take keep taking the taxpayer to the cleaners with a fat state pension, continued ridiculous benefits, AND a social security check until the day he checks out.

P/S: chuckmo posted these quotes only a few months apart....so it appears....that one of them is a lie.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next