Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cheesed Off Wisconsin DemocRATS
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:12 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
"elections have consequences"

...and so does taking the American's workers rights away...it is so funny watching you neos complaining about government intrusion, but when the repuks do it that's totally different and justified...This is a textbook case showing how the repuks kiss the corporate ass and giving two sh!ts about the working class...all under the guise of helping...tax breaks good...workers rights bad (said in Bush 1 dialect or Dana Carvey)

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:22 am 

what rights are being taken away chuck?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:26 am 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:
...it is so funny watching you neos complaining about government intrusion, but when the repuks do it that's totally different and justified..

it's so funny watching left-wing, liberal pansies complaining about Republican fliibuster, but when the Dumbocraps do it by fleeing the state entirely, that's totally different and justified.

I second the question posed by Moby...what "rights' are being taken away chuckmo?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:49 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
...it is so funny watching you neos complaining about government intrusion, but when the repuks do it that's totally different and justified...

Conservatives generally complain about government intrusion into the private lives of citizens. That is not the case here - this is government taking care of its own business, i.e., unions representing government employees.
There is a difference.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:14 am 

Moby Grape wrote:

The teachers lose their right to bargain not only about salary and benefits but also about things such as schedules, prep times, student discipline and class sizes. What this means that teachers will have no protection what-so-ever. They can be fired because a board member's kid received a low grade without any recourse. Students can physically attack teachers without any repercussions . Class sizes can be changed daily. ...does anyone really think that this will help wisconsin attract highly qualified teachers? If this happens watch what happens to test scores...They will plunge. That is why I told my youngest son when he enters college I will not help pay his tuition if he chooses to become a teacher.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:02 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Students can physically attack teachers without any repercussions . Class sizes can be changed daily. ...does anyone really think that this will help wisconsin attract highly qualified teachers? If this happens watch what happens to test scores...They will plunge.

:roll:

Moby Grape wrote:
Quote:
Two-Thirds of Wisconsin Public-School 8th Graders Can’t Read Proficiently—Despite Highest Per Pupil Spending in Midwest
Cybercast News Service, by Terence P. Jeffrey

(CNSNews.com) - Two-thirds of the eighth graders in Wisconsin public schools cannot read proficiently according to the U.S. Department of Education, despite the fact that Wisconsin spends more per pupil in its public schools than any other state in the Midwest.

In the National Assessment of Educational Progress tests administered by the U.S. Department of Education in 2009—the latest year available—only 32 percent of Wisconsin public-school eighth graders earned a “proficient” rating while another 2 percent earned an “advanced” rating. The other 66 percent of Wisconsin public-school eighth graders earned ratings below “proficient,” including 44 percent who earned a rating of “basic” and 22 percent who earned a rating of “below basic

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/two ... hool-8th-g

and what is the liberal solution?

spend more money on it.

:lol: :smt006

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:28 am 

edited

Last edited by paul87920 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:30 am 

USMarine wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:
Quote:
Two-Thirds of Wisconsin Public-School 8th Graders Can’t Read Proficiently—Despite Highest Per Pupil Spending in Midwest
Cybercast News Service, by Terence P. Jeffrey

Quote:
The CNSNews.com (or Cybercast News Service), formerly called the Conservative News Service, is an American news website owned by the Media Research Center .

Quote:
The MRC has received financial support from several foundations, including the Bradley, Scaife, Olin, Castle Rock, Carthage and JM foundations. It also receives funding from ExxonMobil.

Limbaugh, Beck Leave Out Context On Test Scores To Smear Wisconsin Teachers
FACT: Wisconsin Eighth-Graders' Reading Scores Are Above National Average
Wisconsin Public School Eighth-Graders' 2009 Reading Scores Are Above National Averages. According to the 2009 National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP):
•78 percent of Wisconsin public school eighth-graders scored "at or above Basic in NAEP reading," compared to 74 percent nationwide. [Page 64]
•34 percent of Wisconsin public school eighth-graders scored "at or above Proficient in NAEP reading," compared to 30 percent nationwide. [Page 65]
•22 percent of Wisconsin public school eighth-graders scored "below Basic," compared to 26 percent nationwide. [Page 66]
•Wisconsin public school eighth-graders' average score was 266, compared to 262 nationwide. [Page 34] [The Nation's Report Card, National Center for Education Statistics, March 2010
http://mediamatters.org/research/201102230050

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:56 am 

edited

Last edited by paul87920 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:15 pm 

Just thought I would mention that paul has no idea what in the hell he is talking about.

Again. Still. :roll:

Typical!

:smt006

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:28 pm 

paul87920 wrote:
[/sarcasm] :roll:
Not an original thought in your head, is there?

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:31 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
Quote:
A conversation in which the governor described several potential ways to pressure Democrats to return to the Statehouse and revealed that his supporters had considered secretly planting people in pro-union protest crowds to stir up trouble.

Dear Stupid

People, all people, "think" about doing things.

In case you are unaware it was the left that went beyond "thought" in to actual "deed" by putting thugs into the crowd.

They bused people in from all over to bolster the protesting crowd.

This is the kind of BS that is the stock in trade of a petty "community organizer".

Organizing crazy lefty fanatics frothing at the mouth to boost the left's mob numbers.

That is okay, we have the law on our side and will do as we see as right, after all as your messiah said: "elections have consequences"

Democrat urges unions to 'get a little bloody when necessary'

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

Last edited by -={ARCLIGHT}=- on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:38 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:

The teachers lose their right to bargain not only about salary and benefits but also about things such as schedules, prep times, student discipline and class sizes. What this means that teachers will have no protection what-so-ever. They can be fired because a board member's kid received a low grade without any recourse. Students can physically attack teachers without any repercussions . Class sizes can be changed daily. ...does anyone really think that this will help wisconsin attract highly qualified teachers?

when teachers actually ran the classroom they didn't have a union.

nowadays liberal career bureaucrats run the education system.

and because of these liberal career bureaucrats, students routinely are beating up teachers, having sex with them or accusing them of anything they feel like simply because they feel ''dissed''.

because of these liberal career bureaucrats, teachers no longer have any protection from this.

and because of these liberal career bureaucrats, the grading curve and standardized tests have been dumbed down so far a monkey could pass them.

Hell..in some liberal run hellholes have lowered a failing score to 50% or eliminated failing grades all together. Everybody passes.

Unions don't care about education, they care about money and they care about power.

it's the REAL teachers who should be running the classroom.

this isn't about taking away anyones rights this is about unions on the public tit who can feel they can vote themselves a raise whenever they feel like it ro hold the taxpayer hostage.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the private sector.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:32 pm 

edited

Last edited by paul87920 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:09 pm 

paul87920 wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Dear Stupid

People, all people, "think" about doing things.

In case you are unaware it was the left that went beyond "thought" in to actual "deed" by putting thugs into the crowd.

THE LEFT ARE THE ONES CAUSING SOCIAL CHAOS!!!

They bused people in from all over to bolster the protesting crowd.

This is the kind of BS that is the stock in trade of a petty "community organizer".

How about calling it "agitator organizer" instead of "community organizer"?

Organizing crazy lefty fanatics frothing at the mouth to boost the left's mob numbers.

That is okay, we have the law on our side and will do as we see as right, after all as your messiah said: "elections have consequences"

Between the post you make and the ones Paul makes, I honestly don't know if either of you are actually passively stupid or aggressively dishonest.

It appears as if you cannot formulate an argument without a little of your own aggressively dishonest propaganda.

Hey Paul, maybe you can link us to a post during the Bush years where you were similarly so delicate about rhetoric regarding the President.

Didn't think so.

Now it is the lefts turn to take their lumps.

And I would sure be entertained watching you show us what is dishonest in my post.

Maybe I have been myopic in seeing the left's posts as either "passively stupid" or "aggressively dishonest", I will now also consider 'aggressively stupid' as an option.

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next