Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Cheesed Off Wisconsin DemocRATS
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:51 pm 

Okay, so the left in WI wants to throw a hissy and have mob rule, here is how the Governor should fight back.

The left uses mob rule as a hardball tactic, how should he respond?

With hard ball tactics.

But not with mob rule, he should use the RULE OF LAW.

And enforce it Hardcore!

No "Compassion", "Mercy", or "Understanding."

All the teachers who have been not showing up for work, fire them they are in breach of their contracts.

Let me ask you this, what would happen at your job if you just did not show up to cover your shift for days in a row?

Any "doctors notes", those physicians who signed them are peer reviewed on a case by case basis.

If the doctor in question signed multiple notes on any given day, his office records get reviewed, if all the "I"s are not dotted and the "T"s crossed they get reported to the state medical board for fraud.

If any insurance was involved, toss in insurance fraud.

Actions have consequences.

Yes?

All the senators who ran for the border?

Suspended their pay and all their benefits, and all of their staff's, hit them in the pocket book, that is where they will feel it.

They obviously are out of state so they are NOT doing state business ON PURPOSE.

Right?

The Governor can start saving the state money even while the Senators are out of state.

The Democrats could challenge it if they want, but they would have to . . . you know . . . come back to the state.

It seem to me I remember a few years ago someone said "elections have consequences"

Or do democrats think that it doesn't apply when they get defeated?

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

Last edited by -={ARCLIGHT}=- on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Cheesed Off Wiscon DemocRATS
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:05 pm 

edited

Last edited by paul87920 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:54 pm 

paul87920 wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
They obviously are out of state so they are NOT doing state business ON PURPOSE.

Sounds like this loophole is being abused much like we saw the filibuster abused.

I don't know if you are stupid or dishonest to ignore the fact that the filibuster is a legal tactic and does not involve the state police.

Now that you mention it, the senators should also be charged the expense of having the state police used to round them up.

And freeze their expense accounts, and impound their state vehicles too.

There are plenty of legal ways to bring the pain to the cowardly democrats who ran and hid when they knew they were going to lose a fair fight.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:31 pm 

Quote:
Joe gets up at 6:00am to prepare his morning coffee. He fills his pot full of good clean drinking water because some liberal fought for minimum water quality standards

Quote:
All but $10.00 of his medications are paid for by his employers medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance, now Joe gets it too.

Quote:
The air he breathes is clean because some tree hugging liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air.

Quote:
Joe begins his work day; he has a good job with excellent pay, medicals benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some liberal union members fought and died for these working standards

Quote:
If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed he’ll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some liberal didn’t think he should loose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

Quote:
Its noon time, Joe needs to make a Bank Deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe’s deposit is federally insured by the FDIC because some liberal wanted to protect Joe’s money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the depression.

Quote:
Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae underwritten Mortgage and his below market federal student loan because some stupid liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his life-time

Quote:
His dad lives on Social Security and his union pension because some liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn’t have to.

Quote:
He turns on a radio talk show, the host’s keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. (He doesn’t tell Joe that his beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day) Joe agrees, "We don’t need those big government liberals ruining our lives; after all, I’m a self made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have.

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:38 pm 

Republican Governor Deliberately Spent Wisconsin Surplus To Pick Fight With Unions
http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/republican-governor-deliberately-spen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:50 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:

Biased

What did you think a lefty source's opinion would be?

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:55 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Quote:
Joe gets up at 6:00am to prepare his morning coffee. He fills his pot full of good clean drinking water because some liberal fought for minimum water quality standards

Quote:
All but $10.00 of his medications are paid for by his employers medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance, now Joe gets it too.

Quote:
The air he breathes is clean because some tree hugging liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air.

Quote:
Joe begins his work day; he has a good job with excellent pay, medicals benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some liberal union members fought and died for these working standards

Quote:
If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed he’ll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some liberal didn’t think he should loose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

Quote:
Its noon time, Joe needs to make a Bank Deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe’s deposit is federally insured by the FDIC because some liberal wanted to protect Joe’s money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the depression.

Quote:
Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae underwritten Mortgage and his below market federal student loan because some stupid liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his life-time

Quote:
His dad lives on Social Security and his union pension because some liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn’t have to.

Quote:
He turns on a radio talk show, the host’s keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. (He doesn’t tell Joe that his beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day) Joe agrees, "We don’t need those big government liberals ruining our lives; after all, I’m a self made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have.

And a Republican president freed the slaves, and another caused the USSR's collapse.

What does it have to do with Wisconsin situation?

My point is (I'll spell it out since you were NOT able to comprehend it on your own) Punish the rule breakers by ENFORCING THE LAW.

To it's fullest extent.

Try to stay on topic.

P.J. O'Rourke

Post subject: Re: Cheesed Off Wisconsin DemocRATS
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:36 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Okay, so the left in WI wants to throw a hissy and have mob rule, here is how the Governor should fight back.

The left uses mob rule as a hardball tactic, how should he respond?

With hard ball tactics.

But not with mob rule, he should use the RULE OF LAW.

And enforce it Hardcore!

No "Compassion", "Mercy", or "Understanding."

All the teachers who have been not showing up for work, fire them they are in breach of their contracts.

Let me ask you this, what would happen at your job if you just did not show up to cover your shift for days in a row?

Any "doctors notes", those physicians who signed them are peer reviewed on a case by case basis.

If the doctor in question signed multiple notes on any given day, his office records get reviewed, if all the "I"s are not dotted and the "T"s crossed they get reported to the state medical board for fraud.

If any insurance was involved, toss in insurance fraud.

Actions have consequences.

Yes?

All the senators who ran for the border?

Suspended their pay and all their benefits, and all of their staff's, hit them in the pocket book, that is where they will feel it.

Right?

The Governor can start saving the state money even while the Senators are out of state.

The Democrats could challenge it if they want, but they would have to . . . you know . . . come back to the state.

It seem to me I remember a few years ago someone said [b]"elections have consequences"

Or do democrats think that it doesn't apply when they get defeated?[/b]

Only the teachers are not employed by the Governor or even the state. They are employees of each local school district. Just as they are here in Indiana.

The governor also does not have the ability to suspend the lawmakers pay. That would have to come from the legislative branch, and without the democrats they can't even call the state senate to order.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:24 pm 

mattlap wrote:
The governor also does not have the ability to suspend the lawmakers pay. That would have to come from the legislative branch, and without the democrats they can't even call the state senate to order.

There are steps the Governor can take to put pressure on the cowardly little Democrats that ran away, and they can most certainly call the Senate to order.

They just can't pass spending bills.

:smt006

Quote:
Republican Sen. Scott Fitzgerald told The Associated Press on Sunday that he would be reviewing which bills and appointees to schedule for action. He says senators can't wait around "twiddling their thumbs" until the Democrats return.

Fourteen Democrats fled to Illinois last week to delay action on a budget bill that would effectively eliminate collective bargaining rights for most public employees.

Republicans need 20 of 33 members to have a quorum to pass any spending bill but only a simple majority of 17 for other items.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/201 ... vote_N.htm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:18 pm 

Teachers' hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work 9 or 10 months a year! It's time we put things in perspective and pay them for what they do - babysit!
We can get that for less than minimum wage.

That's right. Let's give them $3.00 an hour and only the hours they worked; not any of that silly planning time, or any time they spend before or after school. That would be $19.50 a day (7:45 to 3:00 PM with 45 min. off for lunch and plan-- that equals 6 1/2 hours).

Each parent should pay $19.50 a day for these teachers to baby-sit their children. Now how many students do they teach in a day...maybe 30? So that's $19.50 x 30 = $585.00 a day.
However, remember they only work 180 days a year!!! I am not going to pay them for any vacations.
LET'S SEE....
That's $585 X 180= $105,300 per year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:24 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
LET'S SEE....

I'll bet a years salary that chuckwipe stole that post from somewhere.

Plagiarized it if you will..... :smt005

How typical... :smt006

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:27 pm 

USMarine wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
LET'S SEE....

Plagiarized it if you will...

Used it for years in my math class...usually the first day of class. Told the students to go home and show it to their parents.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:31 pm 

chuckwipe48 wrote:
Used it for years in my math class...usually the first day of class. Told the students to go home and show it to their parents.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:39 pm 

USMarine wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
LET'S SEE....

Here is where he stole it from

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:27 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
USMarine wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
LET'S SEE....

Here is where he stole it from

That has been around since I started teaching...there are hundreds of different interpretations to this urban legend......and YES I did use it on the first day of Math class for at least 20 years...Also used it for the non-educated person when they like to equate teachers as baby sitters...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next