Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Facebook
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:46 pm 

Facebook is so darn handy for finding people, all over the world. I just talked to someone now in Ireland who used to live in North Hammond. He found me on facebook
But I'm not liking these dribs and drabs of stories about privacy issues
I HATE Farmville! I ignore all pleadings for help with their Farmville efforts. I ran into a funny line about it that promised to kill your animals and burn your crops if you make me play Farmville.
To play such games, you have to give facebook permission to access all information about yourself.
I usually DON'T give that permission.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:30 pm 

freetime wrote:
Facebook is so darn handy for finding people, all over the world. I just talked to someone now in Ireland who used to live in North Hammond. He found me on facebook
I HATE Farmville! I ignore all pleadings for help with their Farmville efforts. I ran into a funny line about it that promised to kill your animals and burn your crops if you make me play Farmville.
To play such games, you have to give facebook permission to access all information about yourself.

The benefits of being able to keep up with family and friends far outweighs the annoyance of those games. Did you know that they sell credits so players can expand their farms or expand their mafia? People give companies like Zynga cash for virtual game pieces. I don't get it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:34 am 

splirks wrote:
freetime wrote:

The benefits of being able to keep up with family and friends far outweighs the annoyance of those games. Did you know that they sell credits so players can expand their farms or expand their mafia? People give companies like Zynga cash for virtual game pieces. I don't get it.

BBBWWWWWWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAH

I've seen fatboy's Facebook page and he's lying through his teeth about the games.
His whole flippin' page is full of Mafia Wars and other games he plays and very few if any interactions with family and friends.

There is nothing wrong with that but the fact lardass would come here and lie about it in his typical pious fashion is just too funny!!!!!!!

:lol: :smt006

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:54 am 

USMarine wrote:

His whole flippin' page is full of Mafia Wars and other games he plays and very few if any interactions with family and friends.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:00 pm 

sparks wrote:
I think you'll really enjoy Facebook. It is a fun,social site.

Quote:

Facebook Posts Can End Up in Divorce Court
FOX Chicago News

Chicago - Facebook users who are separated or going through a divorce might want to think twice about having a Facebook account at all, since things they post online can end up in court.

The American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers said two out of three lawyers are now using Facebook as a primary source of evidence.

Divorce attorney Norman Levin said he uses evidence from Facebook in custody disputes, looking for parents who are claiming that they're "better," but who appear in photos from parties -- or even in photos naked.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/sp ... t-20110103

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:48 pm 

Image wrote:
I think you'll really enjoy Facebook.

It is a fun,social site.

Quote:
Facebook ‘Friends’ Mock Woman’s Suicide Message
FoxNews.com

A U.K. woman was left to die after posting a suicidal message on Facebook. She was then taunted by her Facebook ‘friends’ who commented on her status.

Simone Back, 42, had 1,048 Facebook “friends,” none of whom came to her rescue or alerted authorities of her suicidal post that read, "Took all my pills be dead soon bye bye everyone."

She posted this message on the social networking site at 10:53 p.m. on Christmas Day and received responses calling her a “liar,” “she OD’s all the time and she lies” and saying the fatal overdose was “her choice,” The Telegraph reports.

Some out-of-town friends did respond wanting to help, requesting her address and telephone number to no avail.

Not one of Back’s friends checked in on her.

Seventeen hours after the Facebook post, her mother, Jennifer Langridge, was alerted to her daughter’s online suicide note. She then immediately called emergency number 999.

Police arrived at Back’s apartment at 4 p.m. on Dec. 26, where they found her body. She was declared dead an hour later.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/01/06 ... z1AHo3mWhi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:36 pm 

Some friends did respond - I wouldn't know how to contact on online friend either (except for online).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:20 pm 

Hey Free. The biggest self promoter on WJOB didn't want you as one of his Facebook friends any longer? I am of course talking about Preacher. I tried to tell everyone his attitude is all about him! Again, if Mayor Mcdermott were to talk to Preacher. Preacher would be Mayor Mcdermotts biggest fan!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:26 pm 

Actually, I'm the one who defriended him. I asked him last night to take me off his friend list but he didn't. So I did it myself this morning.

He was unhappy that I would ever go on the Chatroom in Facebook. He has decided that is only for him. I haven't chatted about him at all and didn't plan to.

But as long as we remained friends, he was going to run into me. I guess that's the part he doesn't understand.

I was perfectly happy to just ignore him on Facebook like I have been doing on the radio, but he is apparently incapable of doing the same.

So now we're good and done with each other, because I cut him off. End of story.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:30 pm 

I'm glad I was listening to his little radio show today so I could call and set him straight. He misrepresented what was going on to his audience.
I don't listen to his shows most days. I find it extremely boring.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:18 pm 

So it seems as if Preacher has a problem with anyone that ignores him. First the Mayor of Hammond Tom Mcdermott Jr. And now you. He sure did have the story twisted between you and him on the air. I believe he has a inferiority complex.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:49 pm 

Yes, he does seem to have a serious problem.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:32 am 

freetime wrote:
I'm glad I was listening to his little radio show today so I could call and set him straight. He misrepresented what was going on to his audience.
I don't listen to his shows most days. I find it extremely boring.

This stuff is killing me. An angry,jobless troll calling WJOB to tell the failed drifter that she is defriending him on Facebook. With content like this, I'm surprised that the Preacher's show hasn't been picked up for national syndication! ROTFLMAO!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:01 am 

So sayeth the Banned One.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:30 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
Image wrote:
I think you'll really enjoy Facebook. ....It is a fun,social site.

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=8850&p=111192&hilit=facebook&sid=08e68a2552e7a0928fe55dca3d2815a9#p111192

Quote:
Woman gets 18 to 60 years in Facebook-feud crash
Associated Press

PONTIAC, Mich. -- A tearful 23-year-old Pontiac woman who pleaded no contest to second-degree murder in connection with a fatal high-speed chase stemming from a Facebook feud has been sentenced to 18 to 60 years in prison. (snip) Emery apologized to the family of 21-year-old Alesha Abernathy, who was killed in the July 21 crash that involved a dispute with another woman over the affections of a prison inmate. Emery's 3-year-old daughter was in the car at the time.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01270.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next