Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Facebook
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:21 am 

sparks wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
sparks wrote:
I'm waiting for you to list your charitable giving first.

What a lightning like wit!

What are you? An eight year old?

I wanted to respond to Archie Bunker in terms he could understand.
Well if he's Archie Bunker you have got to be the "Meathead"...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:55 am 

LoisLane wrote:

:D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:05 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

:D

:smt005 :smt006

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:57 am 

Image wrote:
I think you'll really enjoy Facebook.

It is a fun,social site.

Quote:

Facebook friends take on new meaning as hookers are said to be flocking to social networking site
New York Daily News, by Rich Shapiro

It's a friend request with benefits - but it isn't for free.

New York hookers are flocking to Facebook to advertise their services, a Columbia University sociologist says.

After studying the habits of 290 sex workers, Sudhir Venkatesh found that 83% rely on Facebook to lure johns.

"I estimate that by the end of 2011, Facebook will be the leading online recruitment space," Venkatesh wrote in the February issue of Wired magazine.

Even a quick search of the uber-popular social networking site reveals a trove of sex-charged profiles.

"I'm a full Gfe [girlfriend experience] provider," wrote "Molly Ravish" on her page, which features a picture of a young blond woman in lingerie.

"For a list of my services go to [my website]."

Ravish's personal Web page offers titillating photos and a detailed description of her services: $200 for an hour of passion, including "deep french kissing" and oral sex - and $150 for 30 minutes.

"Succulent, sweet, and dripping with charm, I beleive [sic] you will find me to be seductive, sensuous, and enticing," her website says.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crim ... z1FBB2ZSex

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:28 pm 

Image wrote:

It is a fun,social site.

Quote:
Man charged in rape of woman he met on Facebook
BY RUMMANA HUSSAIN Chicago Suntimes

A far South Side barber was ordered held in lieu of $200,000 bail Tuesday for allegedly raping a woman he met on Facebook.

Wayne Smith, 25, attacked the victim in the apartment he shares with his mother just hours after the pair initially met in person, Assistant Cook County State’s Attorney Morgan Creppel said.

Smith’s mother was at the residence during the sexual assault in Smith’s locked bedroom early Monday morning, Creppel said.

Before the rape, Smith and the victim spent the day together after their first face-to-face meeting, Creppel said. Smith and the woman then went bowling with his friends before they came back to his apartment to watch television in his bedroom where the rape allegedly took place.

While they were watching TV, Smith attempted to kiss her and she told him to “stop,” Creppel said. That’s when he started choking her and slapped the 24-year-old woman in the face, Creppel said. He told her he had a gun and said he would kill her if she did not have sex with him, according to a police report.

The woman eventually ran out of the room naked and went into Smith’s mother’s bedroom to tell her what had happened, Creppel said. Smith followed her out of the room but the woman was able to take her clothes and escape, Creppel said.

The victim called police and waited near Smith’s building, in the 12000 block of South Wallace, until officers arrived. The woman identified Smith at his home and he was arrested.

http://www.suntimes.com/4077935-417/man ... ebook.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:17 pm 

Image wrote:

It is a fun,social site.

http://www.tgdaily.com/business-and-law-features/54400-facebook-to-release-phone-numbers-addresses-to-third-party-developer

Quote:
Facebook is reportedly moving forward with plans to provide third-party developers and external websites with access to the home addresses and cellphone numbers of its members.

The social networking site originally announced the feature in its Developer Blog in January only to incur serious public outcry over security concerns. Within three days of the announcement, Facebook suspended the feature until the hype died down, only to reintroduce it today.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:35 pm 

Image wrote:

It is a fun,social site.

Quote:
Man Charged with 3rd Rape of Woman He Met on Facebook
Sun-Times Media Wire

Chicago - A Far South Side barber accused of sexually assaulting two women he met on Facebook raped a third victim hours before one of the other attacks, Cook County prosecutors said Wednesday.

This woman had also met Wayne Smith via the social networking site but had consensual sex with him 24 hours before the early morning assault on Oct. 13, 2009, Assistant State’s Attorney Morgan Creppel said.

Prosecutors said Smith told the woman he had a gun with a silencer and would put it down her throat when he forced her onto a bed in her apartment in the 5200 block of West Montana. A police report said Smith actually branded a gun in the incident.

Two nights before, the two met and had consensual sex, prosecutors said. On Oct. 12 Smith came to the woman’s apartment, but both agreed they’d be better off as friends, Creppel said.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/me ... f=obinsite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:04 pm 

Can't really blame Facebook for people jumping into bed too fast.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:14 am 

karent wrote:
Can't really blame Facebook for people jumping into bed too fast.

Quote:
he had a gun with a silencer and would put it down her throat when he forced her onto a bed in her apartment.

is that what you consider ''jumping into bed''?

I guess some people get into that stuff but it appears this woman didn't.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:17 am 

Image wrote:

It is a fun,social site.

Quote:
Will Facebook Remove Page Calling for Third Intifada?
Commentary Magazine, by Alana Goodman

It’s not exactly news that there are anti-Israel and anti-Semitic groups on Facebook, but one of them has the Israeli government particularly concerned. The Minister of Diaspora Affairs Yuli Edelstein sent a letter to Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg today, asking for the removal of a page that calls for a third Intifada, because he believes it could incite violence against Jews. He writes, ”There is no need to explain what the outrageous incitement on the page in question can cause – from harming innocent Jews and Israelis and through to an armed struggle against Israel.”

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2011/ ... -intifada/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:20 am 

Image wrote:

It is a fun,social site.

Quote:

Ohio GOP State Senator faces nasty threats from unions on Facebook, in restaurant
Daily Caller, by Matthew Boyle

With the whole world watching the labor unions’ behavior in Wisconsin while they’re protesting Gov. Scott Walker’s budget plans, the media hasn’t paid much attention to their antics in Ohio – until now. Newly-elected Ohio Republican State Sen. Frank LaRose has received several distasteful threats from his state’s union members, including a high-ranking official in the police officers’ union.

BREAK

Perhaps most surprisingly, though, the cop union’s top lawyer compared Republicans calling union violence “union thugs” to using the “n-word.” “When Republicans talk about ‘Union Thugs,’ they may as well be calling people the n-word.”

http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/05/ohio- ... estaurant/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:33 pm 

Moby - she had had consensual sex with him previously. Forgive me for being conservative, but I think anything short of several months is "too soon". Once your relationship crosses that line into intimacy, I don't believe it matters how you met.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:42 pm 

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:54 am 

Image wrote:

It is a fun,social site.

Quote:
Girl's mom sues teacher over Facebook hairdo flap
Chicago Tribune

The mother of a Chicago Public Schools second-grader whose candy-filled hairstyle was mocked on Facebook is suing the teacher who allegedly posted the photo, claiming the act inflicted "emotional distress" upon her daughter.

The complaint, filed in Cook County Court on Tuesday, said the 7-year-old at Overton Elementary School had seen a magazine picture of a woman whose hair was decorated with colorful Jolly Rancher candies at the end of her braids. She asked her mother, Lucinda Williams, to give her the same look for the school's picture day two weeks ago.

According to the complaint, the girl's teacher took pictures of the student and posted two of them to her Facebook page with the comment, "And y'all thought I was joking!" Several friends of the teacher posted comments mocking the girl's hairstyle.

One post read, "If you're going to make your child look ridiculous, the least you can do is have them matching."

Another read, "I laughed so hard that my contact popped out."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/educ ... 1956.story

and here's yet another union professional!

Quote:
NJ teacher suspended with pay over Facebook comments she posted about her first-grade students
Associated Press

PATERSON, N.J. — A New Jersey school district suspended a first-grade teacher after parents complained that she had posted derogatory comments about her students on her Facebook page. The Record newspaper reports that the teacher wrote about feeling like "a warden" and referred to her 6- and 7-year-old students as future criminals.

BREAK

Board of Education President Theodore Best told the newspaper that the teacher was suspended "because the incident created serious problems at the school that impeded the functioning of the building." He added: "You can't simply fire someone for what they have on a Facebook page

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-ap-us ... 7268.story

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:24 am 

Image wrote:

It is a fun,social site.
\

Quote:

Facebook looks to cash in on user data
Los Angeles Times, by Jessica Guynn

Reporting from Palo Alto— Julee Morrison has been obsessed with Bon Jovi since she was a teenager. So when paid ads for fan sites started popping up on the 41-year-old Salt Lake City blogger's Facebook page, she was thrilled. She described herself as a "clicking fool," perusing videos and photos of the New Jersey rockers. Then it dawned on Morrison why all those Bon Jovi ads appeared every time she logged on to the social networking site. "Facebook is reading my profile, my interests, the people and pages I am 'friends' with, and targeting me," Morrison said.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-f ... 7797.story

Sparks,..Mr. Morality and The ''Hall Monitor'' of the internet himself ....consistently degraded, berated and insulted people who posted here...something about wasting their time.

I wonder if he has any idea in his feeble mind how Facebook makes its money. I mean with all the computer gear and servers and such that must cost a lot of money wouldn't ya think?

I also wonder if he would join that place if they charged 20 bucks.

I mean after all...''it's a FUN, SOCIAL SITE.''..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next