Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Facebook
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:04 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
sparks wrote:
I think you'll really enjoy Facebook. It is a fun,social site.

Quote:

Facebook Posts Can End Up in Divorce Court
FOX Chicago News

Chicago - Facebook users who are separated or going through a divorce might want to think twice about having a Facebook account at all, since things they post online can end up in court.

The American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers said two out of three lawyers are now using Facebook as a primary source of evidence.

Divorce attorney Norman Levin said he uses evidence from Facebook in custody disputes, looking for parents who are claiming that they're "better," but who appear in photos from parties -- or even in photos naked.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/sp ... t-20110103

I think it's pretty funny that you are afraid to have a facebook page. When you come right down to it,how much worse could your life become? You have a failing business no one wants to buy, you're angry and upset most of the time and don't have many people in your life who care whether you're dead or alive.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:49 am 

sparks wrote:
you're angry and upset most of the time and don't have many people in your life who care whether you're dead or alive.

Sure I do sparks, I don't need some fad of the month website with a list of superficial friends and acquaintances I really don't know to prove it to other superficial friends and acquaintances I don't know that I have REAL friends and family...maybe you do.

Call me old fashioned...My friends and family? We like to ACTUALLY get together in person or hear each others voices on the phone. However I must admit that my brother does crash my email occasionally with pictures of his Grandkids though. But that's okay. He's not only my brother, he's a fellow Vet as well. He can get away with it.

If that makes me angry and upset so be it...I'll live with it.

And if it bothers you that much then it's even better.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:54 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
sparks wrote:
you're angry and upset most of the time and don't have many people in your life who care whether you're dead or alive.

Sure I do sparks, I don't need some fad of the month website with a list of superficial friends and acquaintances I really don't know to prove it to other superficial friends and acquaintances I don't know that I have REAL friends and family...maybe you do.

Call me old fashioned...My friends and family? We like to ACTUALLY get together in person or hear each others voices on the phone. However I must admit that my brother does crash my email occasionally with pictures of his Grandkids though. But that's okay. He's not only my brother, he's a fellow Vet as well. He can get away with it.

If that makes me angry and upset so be it...I'll live with it.

And if it bothers you that much then it's even better.

I agree with you, Moby. There is no substitute for in person, or on the phone. The heck with all those so-called social web sites. :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:41 am 

Image wrote:
I think you'll really enjoy Facebook.

It is a fun,social site.

School suspends student who rated classmates on Facebook

Quote:
Oak Park student circulates list degrading female students Girls, parents band together to press for strong disciplinary action
By Jim Jaworski and Vikki Ortiz Healy, Chicago Tribune

A group of Oak Park and River Forest High School girls and their parents are banding together to support each other and demand strong disciplinary action after a list that ranked 50 female students — using racial slurs and ratings of body parts — circulated around the school and on Facebook.

"You're walking down the halls, looking at people, and you don't know what they might have read about you or what might have been said about you," said Zoe McNeil, a junior whose name was on the list.

School administrators said Monday they believe they have identified a male student responsible for the list, which included descriptions of the girls' bodies, alleged sexual activity and other traits. That student will not be in school this week as part of disciplinary measures outlined in the school's code of conduct.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=e ... 4263c928a1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:00 pm 

Image wrote:

It is a fun,social site.

now it makes sense why you like it so much...

Quote:
Facebook co-founder engaged, seeks gay ‘marriage’ in New York
LifeSiteNews, by Peter Smith

NEW YORK - Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes has revealed that he intends to marry Sean Eldridge, his partner of five years and political director of the homosexual lobby Freedom to Marry, as soon as same-sex “marriage” is legal in New York, reports the New York Post. The Post reveals that Hughes announced his “engagement” to Eldridge at a Freedom to Marry event - Eldridge’s organization campaigns to legalize same-sex “marriage” - that was hosted in their SoHo loft apartment.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:07 pm 

Image wrote:

It is a fun,social site.

Quote:
Facebook grants developers access to user addresses and phone numbers
Los Angeles Times, by Nathan Olivarez-Giles

Facebook has quietly opened the door for app developers to request a user's addresses and phone numbers. The most popular social media site in the world announced the move on its Facebook Developer blog, in a post Friday night by developer liaison Jeff Bowen. So far, Facebook has failed to mention the change on its general announcement blog for users or any other network-wide methods. The company has dealt with privacy concerns for years, with a focus of criticism being third-party app makers' access to user data.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technol ... mbers.html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:17 am 

sparks wrote:
I think it's pretty funny that you are afraid to have a facebook page.

Fer Chrissakes! You try to pass yourself off as a tough, region blue-collar Joe but you have the heart and soul of a giggling thirteen-year-old girl.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:47 am 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
sparks wrote:
I think it's pretty funny that you are afraid to have a facebook page.

Fer Chrissakes! You try to pass yourself off as a tough, region blue-collar Joe but you have the heart and soul of a giggling thirteen-year-old girl.

LOL!!!

ya know, in almost every instance, you can never fully understand what or who someone is just by what they post but your post fits that whiner to a T.

thanks for the laugh!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:11 pm 

Image wrote:

It is a fun,social site.

Quote:
Digital Photos Hide Data -- and Cyberstalkers Can Find It, Expert Warns
Fox News, by Molly Line

A picture's worth a thousand words -- especially for cyberstalkers.

Social networking and smartphones go hand in hand for the web savvy. But few people realize they may be giving away more than they plan to when they post even the most innocuous photos from their Blackberry phones or Apple iPhones.

Most smartphones encode a GPS stamp called a geotag into digital photos they capture, a tag that reveals the exact location a photo was taken by embedding longitude and latitude coordinates. Share that picture on Twitter or Facebook and anyone can instantly discern where you are, warned Ben Jackson, a security analyst and co-founder of the website ICanStalkU.com.

"We take that data, look at the publicly available photos and then map it to an address -- so we can then tell a person was at a certain location when they posted that photo," Jackson told FoxNews.com.

ICanStalkU.com aims to monitor social-network users on Twitter and let them know when they're giving away their exact locations, and it covers people all over the country and around the world. In just over three months ICanStalkU.com has managed to track 50,000 different photos using geotags.

The information can be very helpful when users are trying to sort through old vacation photos, but it also offers criminals an even faster way to hunt for victims online.

"Unfortunately, when people are instantly publishing these photos online it can then provide breadcrumbs to where they were and where they might hang out," Jackson said, adding that tracking someone via geotags is quite simple. "It's easy enough that I can probably teach a grade schooler to do it."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/01/ ... z1BVfZUwB6

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:14 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
Image wrote:

It is a fun,social site.

Quote:
Fox News, by Molly Line

Social networking and smartphones go hand in hand for the web savvy. But few people realize they may be giving away more than they plan to when they post even the most innocuous photos from their Blackberry phones or Apple iPhones.

Most smartphones encode a GPS stamp called a geotag into digital photos they capture, a tag that reveals the exact location a photo was taken by embedding longitude and latitude coordinates. Share that picture on Twitter or Facebook and anyone can instantly discern where you are, warned Ben Jackson, a security analyst and co-founder of the website ICanStalkU.com.

"We take that data, look at the publicly available photos and then map it to an address -- so we can then tell a person was at a certain location when they posted that photo," Jackson told FoxNews.com.

ICanStalkU.com aims to monitor social-network users on Twitter and let them know when they're giving away their exact locations, and it covers people all over the country and around the world. In just over three months ICanStalkU.com has managed to track 50,000 different photos using geotags.

The information can be very helpful when users are trying to sort through old vacation photos, but it also offers criminals an even faster way to hunt for victims online.

"Unfortunately, when people are instantly publishing these photos online it can then provide breadcrumbs to where they were and where they might hang out," Jackson said, adding that tracking someone via geotags is quite simple. "It's easy enough that I can probably teach a grade schooler to do it."

Hey, sfb's,if you are really worried that anyone actually cares about where you are at,get rid of your cell phone. It's signal can be used to find your location. You are cracking me up with all the links showing that stupid people post dumb crap on Facebook. Given your own lack of brains, I can understand why you'd be leery of having an account. I bet you're the laughing stock of all the younger people in your family who use Facebook to enrich their lives.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:48 am 

sparks wrote:
...I bet you're the laughing stock of all the younger people in your family who use Facebook to enrich their lives....
Enrich their lives? This guy must have just come home from a McDumbell pot party...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:38 am 

LoisLane wrote:
Enrich their lives? This guy must have just come home from a McDumbell pot party...

that idiot didn't even read the article.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:54 am 

sparks wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:
Image wrote:

It is a fun,social site.

Quote:
Fox News, by Molly Line

Hey, sfb's,if you are really worried that anyone actually cares about where you are at,get rid of your cell phone. It's signal can be used to find your location. You are cracking me up with all the links showing that stupid people post dumb crap on Facebook. Given your own lack of brains, I can understand why you'd be leery of having an account. I bet you're the laughing stock of all the younger people in your family who use Facebook to enrich their lives.

You must have one heck of a sorry life, if you got to go on the internet social sites to find "friends". :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:30 am 

Tiger1 wrote:

You must have one heck of a sorry life, if you got to go on the internet social sites to find "friends". :shock:

he doesn't have any friends.

This guy spent his entire life bashing and bullying people weaker than him just so he could feel good about himself. He's the type who thinks he deserves respect having no clue that it's earned. And that you have to give it first if you are ever to receive it...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:21 pm 

Image wrote:

It is a fun,social site.

Quote:
Facebook increasingly implicated in divorce
Telegraph [UK], by Richard Alleyne

But flirtations on the social networking site are now becoming a major factor in marriage breakdowns. Family lawyers have revealed that the problem has become so great that almost every divorce they have dealt with in the past year has involved the website. One expert said she had dealt with 30 cases in the last nine months and Facebook had been implicated in them all. Whilst another online law company said one in five of their divorce petitions in the past year contain references to Facebook. Emma Patel, the head of family law at Hart Scales & Hodges Solicitors, said

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/relationship ... vorce.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next