Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Facebook
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:24 pm 

Damn, sparks.
Quit making such a big deal about it - just get your sliders to go.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/oversiz ... 110911-NCX

Oversize Man Sues White Castle Over Seats
Updated: Monday, 12 Sep 2011, 8:35 AM EDT
Published : Sunday, 11 Sep 2011, 6:59 AM EDT
By NewsCore

Hammond, Ind. - A 290-pound Hammond man is steaming mad at the White Castle fast-food chain, which he claims repeatedly broke promises to make the booths in his local eatery bigger.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:41 pm 

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:18 am 

I never signed up for Facebook. Now it turns out it's being run by a big time Dem supporter. Glad I didn't now. Despite it's success to date I predict within 3 yrs it will be as dead as MySpace.

You know I used to use Heinz ketchup exclusively but after all the wacko Dems reaping the profits from my purchases I became open to a new choice. Then Hunts started advertising fructose free so I gave it a shot. Tastes better and much cheaper! Only $1 a bottle. The moral of the story is don't support the Dem agenda if you don't have to & don't want to. You usually don't have to. It's still a free country for the moment.

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:10 pm 

Image wrote:
I think you'll really enjoy Facebook.

It is a fun,social site.

YEP and while you're having fun on this social site, they are data mining everything on your PC and selling that info to the highest bidder.

sure sounds like fun to me... :roll:

Quote:
'We didn't mean to track you' says Facebook as social network
giant admits to 'bugs' in new privacy row

Daily Mail, by Daniel Bates

Facebook has admitted that it has been watching the web pages its members visit – even when they have logged out. In its latest privacy blunder, the social networking site was forced to confirm that it has been constantly tracking its 750million users, even when they are using other sites.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... -bugs.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:56 pm 

Image wrote:

It is a fun,social site.

Let's see sparkie...I understand you use Facebook to bully, berate, and insult other users just like you do here.

Is that what you consider fun and social?

Just how messed up was it at your house growing up?...or haven't you grown up yet?

Quote:
Police: Facebook comments lead to lockdown at Lowell High School
NWI TIMES

LOWELL | Students at Lowell High School were on lockdown for about an hour Friday morning.
Lake County Sheriff Deputy Commander Rob Arnold said the lockdown was from about 11:55 a.m. to 12:55 p.m. He said it stemmed from comments made on Facebook between two juveniles.

Lowell Police Chief John Shelhart said a young man who lives in Schneider made some types of threat of bodily harm to a Lowell High School girl he reportedly fathered a child with. The teen had reportedly been removed from Tri-Creek's alternative school a couple weeks ago. When the teen showed up at the high school Friday morning, there were concerns, authorities said.

Shelhart said the young man has been taken into custody by the Lake County Sheriff's office and taken to the hospital for 72 hours observation. No weapons were seen.

Read more: http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake ... z1ZTVdnm93

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:40 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
Let's see sparkie...I understand you use Facebook to bully, berate, and insult other users just like you do here.

Is that what you consider fun and social?

Just how messed up was it at your house growing up?...or haven't you grown up yet?
Not grown up...just out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:23 pm 

LoisLane wrote:
Not grown up...just out.

Get in my belly!!!

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:49 am 

Quote:
Facebook Building 'Shadow Profiles'
of Non-Members, Experts Allege

Fox News, by Gene J. Koprowski

Eight hundred million users are not enough. Facebook, the world's biggest social network, is now building profiles of non-users who haven't even signed up, an international privacy watchdog charges.

The sensational claim is made in a complaint filed in August by Ireland’s Data Protection Commissioner. It alleges that users are encouraged to hand over the personal data of other people -- including names, phone numbers, email addresses and more -- which Facebook is using to create

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/10/ ... ts-allege/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:34 am 

Image wrote:

It is a fun,social site.

Quote:
Facebook figures in Des Moines arson case
Tom Alex-The Des Moines Register

The alleged motive in a Des Moines arson case is tied to actions on Facebook, a social networking site, according to police.

Jennifer Harris is charged with first-degree arson. (Jail Photo)

Detectives have arrested Jennifer Christine Harris, 30, of Des Moines, on a charge of first-degree arson. She is being held in the Polk County Jail on $100,000 bond.

The fire broke out in a garage at the Jim and Nikki Rasmussen residence, 2351 E. 40th Court on Oct. 27.

Officials said the fire at 1 a.m., caused a popping sound and then a “boom.” The family was sleeping at the time but the sounds alerted family members to the danger. They managed to escape as the siding on their house began to melt from the heat of the fire in the detached garage.

The roof of the garage collapsed on cars stored in the garage. Other stored property also was lost in the blaze.

Officers asked Jim Rasmussen if anyone would want to harm him of his family and he provided the name Jennifer “Jen” Harris. He said Harris was a long-time friend of his wife but they were now involved in a dispute.

A police report says that when an officer asked Nikki Rasmussen about Jen Harris, Rasmussen said “… the two are no longer friends due to a dispute over Facebook. According to Nikki, Jen is angry with her because she ended their friendship on Facebook.”

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/ ... rson-case/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:01 pm 

Image wrote:
I think you'll really enjoy Facebook. ....It is a fun,social site.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:22 am 

Image wrote:

It is a fun,social site.

Quote:
Facebook bans mother
over photos of disabled son

Washington Examiner, by Joel Gehrke

Facebook banned a mother from using her social media profile after photos of her mentally-disabled son were flagged as "inappropriate" and a violation of Facebook's terms of use.

"Never upload any photos that contain hate speech, support for violent organizations or threats to harm others," Facebook told North Carolina woman Diana Cornwell after she posted images of her son, who has Down's Syndrome, participating in a Special Olympics event.

When Cornwell removed a photo of her son, Facebook sent her a "thank you" message, and informed her she wouldn't have access to her account for three days.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer. ... son/499366

gangbangers, terrorists and sexual predators however are NOT banned...

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:20 pm 

1 in 3 divorce filings contain word 'FACEBOOK'

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10