Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: This Board is going to Hell in a Handbasket
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:50 am 

With the advent of sparks being banned from the other board and multiple people (people that have been previously banned from here) using the "dixie chick" username to disrupt and drag us all into the gutter, this board is going downhill fast.

I am guilty of responding to these baiting posts myself but with that being said, when people like sparks come here simply to post lies and personal information about people it's very hard not to respond.

I feel that the Admin has done an excellent job at allowing us to post and converse with great freedom.

With great freedom comes great responsibility.

Many of us, myself included, have failed to live up to that responsibility.

I post this thread in the hope (however dim that hope might be) that the members here who desire a message board where we can talk about current events and other issues that affect our lives, might somehow rise above the petty trolling and trash talk that has infected this board.

Semper Fi

Quote:
Post subject: Forum Policy - All members please read!
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:28 pm

Site Admin

I believe in supporting free speech with minimal interference however recently the actions of a few are ruining the forums for others. I find it bizarre that some of you can devote so much energy & time to calling each other names and posting absolute nonsense. In order to address the issue and moderate the discussion the following policy is in effect until further notice.

Off Topic Posts: When someone creates a thread on a topic and someone attempts to hijack the post by just posting nonsense and name calling, the posts will be deleted. Repeat offenders accounts will be deactivated.

Name Calling: Posts and threads whose main purpose is just to call another member names without any rhyme or reason or intelligent discussion will be deleted. Repeat offenders accounts will be deactivated.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

Post subject: Re: This Board is going to Hell in a Handbasket
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:06 am 
Banned

If you take away posting lies and personal attacks there would be no discussion board. :smt014 Toodles.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:08 am 

I think this thread meets the criteria for "name calling" as described by the admin. The opening post is a LIE, so the posts that follow are not likely to be of any real value except harassment of me.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7767

"Dixie Chick" was busy as a bee yesterday, wasn't he? I reported his posts 4 or 5 times.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:24 am 

I would suggest that no one responds to these troll posts. Just report them as soon as they appear, and leave it at that. If they can't get a rise out of you, you have already won half the battle.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:52 am 

What I find funny is, the fact that freetime won't go to the other board and fight, but Oracle/dixie chick/may1846/MaryLou/Fowler, has to come over here and bait her into an argument. I giver her a lot of credit for that, and it shows that the other board is stagnant, if it has to come over her to get material. What are you down to now mark, maybe 15 posters.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:31 am 

USMarine wrote:

With the advent of sparks being banned from the other board and multiple people (people that have been previously banned from here) using the "dixie chick" username to disrupt and drag us all into the gutter, this board is going downhill fast.

I am guilty of responding to these baiting posts myself but with that being said, when people like sparks come here simply to post lies and personal information about people it's very hard not to respond.

I feel that the Admin has done an excellent job at allowing us to post and converse with great freedom.

With great freedom comes great responsibility.

Many of us, myself included, have failed to live up to that responsibility.

I post this thread in the hope (however dim that hope might be) that the members here who desire a message board where we can talk about current events and other issues that affect our lives, might somehow rise above the petty trolling and trash talk that has infected this board.

Semper Fi

Quote:
Post subject: Forum Policy - All members please read!
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:28 pm

Site Admin

I believe in supporting free speech with minimal interference however recently the actions of a few are ruining the forums for others. I find it bizarre that some of you can devote so much energy & time to calling each other names and posting absolute nonsense. In order to address the issue and moderate the discussion the following policy is in effect until further notice.

Off Topic Posts: When someone creates a thread on a topic and someone attempts to hijack the post by just posting nonsense and name calling, the posts will be deleted. Repeat offenders accounts will be deactivated.

Name Calling: Posts and threads whose main purpose is just to call another member names without any rhyme or reason or intelligent discussion will be deleted. Repeat offenders accounts will be deactivated.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:35 am 

Nice to see you again, puppet.... :smt006

Thanks for the bump!!