Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Miss California
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:40 am 

She's doing a wonderful job! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:24 am 

Dick Cheney on Gay Marriage: 'As many of you know, one of my daughters is gay and it is something we have lived with for a long time in our family. I think people ought to be free to enter into any kind of union they wish. Any kind of arrangement they wish.'

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:53 am 

"Marriage is between a man and a woman."

Barack bin Obama, President of the United States

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:09 am 

A Climate of Hate

Posted by Caleb (Profile)

Tuesday, June 2nd at 11:55AM EDT

4 Comments
From the time the Warren Commission report cited it for fostering the assassination of JFK up through the recent murder of an abortionist in Kansas, the left loves to writes about and decry what they refer to as a “climate of hate.”

Lately little more than code for “conservatives are talking,” the phrase “climate of hate” is ubiquitous, both in traditional media and on the left side of the internet. Each and every time a figure on the left is murdered, threatened, jostled on the subway, slips in the shower and gets a boo boo, or is just feeling a little blue, there is a blog and media blitz blaming Rush, Hannity, Coulter, and company for creating a “climate” of hate. Democrat blogging mothership DailyKos warns stridently and often of the murder and mayhem daily unleashed by the festering madness of conservative talk radio. Bill Maher, Keith Olbermann and Janeane Garofalo never miss the chance to sell the notion that rhetoric begets violence. The criticism of Obama paints a target on his back just as surely as Bill O’Reilly’s prolife position was directly responsible for the Kansas murder.

One can only conclude, therefore, that the left is trying to kill you.

Yesterday, a gunman murdered one soldier and wounded another outside a recruiting station in Kansas. There’s little surprise that the left, like their President, haven’t much to say about the murdered soldier. The anti-war left has been creating a climate of hate with regard to our troops individually and our military at large for years, with an increasingly brazen message the last few years. Blogs which continue to wring hands over fears of right-wing “hate” in the form of prime time cable news pundits can’t spare a pixel or two to reflect on the environment they’ve helped create spending 5 years calling our men and women in uniform murderers, rapists, and baby-killers. I’d normally advise against, but today I suggest you take a few minutes and peruse that liberal flagship to see the mixture of “hate” and “fear of hate” blogs. Enlightening.

When Sarah Palin was on the campaign trail the mainstream press were deeply concerned (one could tell by empathetic brow-furrows and “this is my serious voice” tonality) that her campaigning against Barack Obama was fostering a climate of hate; that she was stirring up rabid righty anger and an urge to kill in her audience. They were certain of it, you see, because some dude in one of her audiences may have yelled something unintelligible about Obama that one time.

What does it take to create a climate of hate? If you are talking about Obama, you need only Palin stating actual facts about his life and career, or radio DJs using his actual middle name. That’s enough to be thought architects of assassination. If you are talking about Palin, however, there doesn’t seem to be a line the left considers too far. Time magazine can go as far as explaining “Why Some Women Hate Sarah Palin”, with a bit of a light-hearted twist, and yet no accusations fly. Search for “hate Sarah Palin” at Google for a few more eye-openers. There is a “Hate Palin” cottage industry of t-shirts, hats, coffee mugs and more, not to mention the articles and blog posts which indulge. When hate directed at a person is so common as to be a marketing tool, is that not a climate of hate?

Sarah’s problem, of course, is being a smart, successful, conservative woman. On the left this is just about the worst thing a person can be, running just slightly behind black Republican. Yesterday, Playboy posted, and then removed, an “article” titled “So Right It’s Wrong - Ten Conservative Women We Hate To Love” by Guy Cimbalo. The premise was explicit. The author took ten conservative women and grotesquely elaborated on why he wanted to “hate f***” them. Yes. Hate. The screenshots are here and decidedly NOT safe for work. Although Politico would have you think otherwise, the posting was a virtual rape fantasy. Even celebrity gossip blog Jezebel could identify the misogynist tone which somehow escaped the notice of pretty much the whole left side of the blogosphere, other than Tommy Christopher. When a writer at Playboy feels comfortable writing something this vile, something the left was happy to let stand, Politico pointed to as a lightly humorous romp, and AOL deemed so uncontroversial they yanked Tommy Christopher’s story, is that not a climate of hate?

Conservative women aren’t the only group for which the left routinely expresses hate. Christians are roundly derided. Christians are mocked in movies, TV shows, and online routinely. Backward. Racist. Homophobes. They are called co-conspirators to murder. Is this not a climate of hate? How do you not hate someone who is murdering your ideological allies? If Maher is right that Glenn Beck’s show paints a target on Obama, then why is it not the case that Maher paints a target on Beck? Or on Christians with his never-ending crusade against them?

The viciousness with which conservative women are discussed on the left borders on horrific. The blatant calls for violence against our military are pervasive. The mockery and derision directed at Christians and conservatives is habitual. And all this from the same left who have spent decades decrying climates of hate as breeding grounds for violence. This is their calculus. They are clear about it. They believe it.

So if they are so sure that creating a climate of hate results in bloodshed, then what, I wonder, is their objective when they routinely create climates of hate?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:36 am 

deelight wrote:
Dick Cheney on Gay Marriage: 'As many of you know, one of my daughters is gay and it is something we have lived with for a long time in our family. I think people ought to be free to enter into any kind of union they wish. Any kind of arrangement they wish.'

Everyone does have free will, that is a given. However, those of us who see homosexuality as repulsive are also free to express our disgust at such behavior, and it just so happens that our beliefs on the matter align with the Creator of everyone and everything. Whether people want to admit it or not, that makes us right.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:07 pm 

As Christians, we are to hate the sin, and love the sinner. We are supposed to pray for those who are astray, and show them the errors of their ways, that they may come back to the Lord. All of Heaven rejoices, when a sinner comes back to God.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:35 pm 

Tiger1 wrote:
As Christians, we are to hate the sin, and love the sinner. We are supposed to pray for those who are astray, and show them the errors of their ways, that they may come back to the Lord. All of Heaven rejoices, when a sinner comes back to God.

And, there is more to a person than their sexual orientation. Homos are not necessarily evil people, but they are doing something that is an abomination to the LORD. It is the act that is a sin, not the person. All people, all souls belong to God. He looked and saw that it was good, so who can call any person a complete mistake? It's simply that some people can't take constructive criticism without feeling as though their entire being is being put down.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:09 pm 

Miss California is hot and has morals the left is just pissed because she wouldn't give the men(if there are any) on the left the time of day !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:47 pm 

Guess who fired Miss California

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... eId=101470

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:22 am 

deelight wrote:
Dick Cheney on Gay Marriage: 'As many of you know, one of my daughters is gay and it is something we have lived with for a long time in our family. I think people ought to be free to enter into any kind of union they wish. Any kind of arrangement they wish.' Image]

It's great to see you back, Deelight. Cool picture! I wonder if David Carradine was in the closet with Cheney? One of your stalkers, Born_Again was banned since the last time you were here.Come back soon. Keep the faith!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:38 am 

sparks wrote:
deelight wrote:

It's great to see you back, Deelight. Cool picture! I wonder if David Carradine was in the closet with Cheney? One of your stalkers, Born_Again was banned since the last time you were here.Come back soon. Keep the faith!

Yeah, come back at least once a month so skraps has someone to have a discussion with, even if it is one-sided like all the rest these days, at least he will have someone he can pretend is a real friend. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:52 am 

Screech wrote:
sparks wrote:
deelight wrote:

Yeah, come back at least once a month so skraps has someone to have a discussion with, even if it is one-sided like all the rest these days, at least he will have someone he can pretend is a real friend. :lol:

As opposed to someone like you who is friends with any guy who has five bucks to tuck in your G-String?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:10 am 

sparks wrote:
Screech wrote:
sparks wrote:
It's great to see you back, Deelight. Come back soon. Keep the faith!

As opposed to someone like you who is friends with any guy who has five bucks to tuck in your G-String?

The way you see reality is so much different than normal people. Your perspective fits in the warped category.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:18 am 

Screech wrote:
sparks wrote:
sparks wrote:
It's great to see you back, Deelight. Come back soon. Keep the faith!
Screech wrote:

The way you see reality is so much different than normal people. Your perspective fits in the warped category.
I am flattered that someone who spent years giving strangers lap dances is using that training to give us her half baked opinions.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:26 am 

sparks wrote:
I am flattered that someone who spent years giving strangers lap dances is using that training to give us her half baked opinions.

Of course, everyone who visits this forum can certainly see that your opinion is more valued than mine... :roll:

BTW, your assumptions that I danced for years is way off the mark. You don't know what you are talking about, whether it be about motors and engines or women.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next