Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Why Does God Hate New Orleans?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:50 am 

Or He seems to. Almost on the anniversary day 3 years later they are right back in harm's way. Why would God seemingly hate them so much?

http://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/

Guess he don't care much for this bunch either.

http://www.nwitimes.com/articles/2008/0 ... t2t180.txt

Ah! but you say it may rain on the GOP parade as well what with their convention this week. Maybe not. Rumor has it if Gustov does significant damage the Republican convention could turn into a giant national telethon to help surviving refugees. I wonder if the Dems can claim equal time considering they already had their shot in the national spotlight? :D

So this could actually HELP, not hurt, the GOP chances in November. This could top Obama's speech for viewers. Fancy that! :lol:

But I said it then 3 years ago and now I hear some others saying it now. The problem with New Orleans is not so much with God but with wanting to live below sea level. I said it should not be rebuilt as it was and that residential areas should never again be in high at risk areas. It's awful to lose your business, but devastating to lose your home and perhaps your friends and loved ones lives as well.

After watching some PBS type programs about the problems that lead to the devastation I see that part of the reason was due to it's more recent increase in population and how draining water caused the surrounding clays that in the past would have protected the city were even more compromised than the levee walls. They're working to restore those areas and create better buffers.

So what will be, will be at this point. At least they had the good sense to evacuate early, especially since it's a cat 4+ hurricane and even the associated rains alone can be devastating. I wish them well and hope there's no severe damage no matter who gets hit wherever by this proverbial "Act of God." I say this knowing we have not yet heard how bad Cuba got hurt and it could be bad despite it's preparations and having experience with getting a piece of about every hurricane that hits the Gulf. And while I won't say it's necessarily God's judgement I have seen his protective mercies sometimes where the people at least try to worship Him.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.