Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 718 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: TYPICAL
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:19 pm 

Quote:
9 Teens Arrested For Mayfair Mall Melee
WISN.com

WAUWATOSA, Wis. -- Nine juveniles, ages 13 to 17, were arrested Sunday for various acts of disorderly contact, retail theft and battery in and outside of Mayfair Mall, according to Wauwatosa police. Investigators say the three boys and six girls are all from Milwaukee and their cases are being referred to the District Attorney's Office.

http://www.wisn.com/r/26347040/detail.html

news report says about 60-70 of em.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:30 pm 

Quote:
NAACP Creates Box O’ George Washington
Canada Free Press

While reading her emails, I heard my wife say, “This is so absurd, it has to be an internet hoax doctored photo”. It was a photo of a rally on MLK Day hosted by the South Carolina NAACP held at the state house. The statue of George Washington at the state house was boxed in on three sides hidden from the rallying crowd. The NAACP said they covered the statue because they “didn’t want to offend anyone”.

Upon investigation, the photo was confirmed to be real.

BREAK

"The NAACP’s mantra is blacks are eternal victims of an eternally racist America; white America should feel eternally guilty and loyal blacks should feel eternally entitled."

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/32286

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:42 pm 

Based on a couple of postings from the Canada Free Press, it's pretty - out there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:58 pm 

I wonder if one single person there asked WTF????????????…

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:39 am 

Quote:
Dine and Dash’ at Chuck E. Cheese alleged

By Brian L. Cox Special to the Tribune Yesterday at 3:11 p.m.

Skokie police this week were looking for a woman who held a birthday party for 15 kids at a Chuck E. Cheese restaurant in the north suburb on Saturday and then allegedly coordinated large-scale “dine-and-dash” when the bill came, according to a police report.

The woman and approximately 15 children and a few adults came into the Chuck E. Cheese restaurant in the 7100 block of Carpenter Road on Saturday and had a birthday celebration that included pizza, party favors, balloons and drinks, the report said.

When the woman was given a bill for $65.68 she refused to pay it, saying that it was too much, said the report. When the restaurant manager told the woman police would be called, she told the manager that she did not care and said “the police wouldn’t do anything.”

The woman and the children allegedly left without paying, police said.

http://triblocal.com/skokie/2011/01/20/ ... e-alleged/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:21 pm 

Dixmoor mayor accused of choking village worker

The mayor of Dixmoor has been charged with misdemeanor battery for choking a 21-year-old temporary village worker after the worker asked him for overtime, according to Illinois State Police.

Mayor Keevan Grimmett, 53, is accused of grabbing Andre Mitchell by the shirt collar and choking him Oct. 5.

A village trustee, Michael Smith, wants Grimmett to resign.

“This shows he can’t handle himself,” Smith said.

Grimmett declined to comment, except to say that he intends to stay in office and that Smith is a “trustee with political ambitions.”

Mitchell was a worker in the state’s Putting Illinois to Work program, assigned to the village’s public works department where he did maintenance work.

Mitchell said he learned that other temporary employees were offered overtime work and approached the mayor to ask for extra work, too. He said Grimmett became annoyed.

Mitchell said he walked away from Grimmett and the “mayor grabbed me by the shoulder in front of the workers, including his full-time employees. He said, ‘Let me speak to you, young man.’ We went back to the barn that stores the tractors and backhoes. He grabbed me by the neck and said he didn’t like the way I was talking to him. I pushed his hands down, and he choked me again. I ran out of the garage and left.”

Mitchell said he was fired later that week.

Mitchell said two co-workers have backed up his account to a state police investigator. State police arrested Grimmett on Jan. 6 after he turned himself in, a state police spokesman said.

Grimmett appeared in court Friday at the Cook County courthouse in Markham, and the case was continued to Monday.

Mitchell said he was not hurt when Grimmett choked him but found it “humiliating.” He said he continues to work at Sears and is a student at Moraine Valley Community College where he’s studying secondary education.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:39 pm 

Quote:
Black American Dreads Black History Month
American Thinker, by Lloyd Marcus

February 1, 2011: I can't help imagining Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the NAACP, the Congressional Black Caucus, and all of the other race-profiteering usual suspects joyously awakening with a song in their hearts. "It's The Most Wonderful Month of the Year." Ah, yes, another Black History Month! Time to pitch as many new guilt-trip government entitlement programs as possible. "I mean, after all, we blacks are still victims of America's racist attitudes and systematic abuse, which has changed very little since the '50s. White America still owes us, damn it!"

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/02/ ... ck_hi.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:59 pm 

Tell us again how you managed to identify the suspect: “The 27-year-old also has ‘omerta’ - the Italian word referring to the Mafia code of silence - tattooed on his neck. He is accused of striking an eight-month pregnant woman in the head with a gun, said an affidavit filed in Hamilton County Municipal Court, Cincinnati, Ohio.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... attoo.html

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:08 pm 

Quote:
New Orleans pizza delivery man blinded by bleach in robbery

Published: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 8:01 PM
By Danny Monteverde, The Times-Picayune

A New Orleans pizza delivery man is still having trouble seeing after a robber threw bleach in his eyes last week in an effort to steal a pie he ordered.

That's the scene a police report paints of the events that led to the arrest of Terrence "Baby Tee" Alexis.

New Orleans police were led to 19-year-old Alexis through several sources, the report said. Officers arrested him Friday at the 2nd District police station in the 4300 block of Magazine Street and jailed him on charges of simple robbery and second-degree battery.

Last Thursday about 2:30 p.m., the Domino's Pizza delivery man, whom police did not identify, pulled up to a house in the 8600 block of Palm Street in Hollygrove. He walked to the front door and began to knock when a man standing nearby said he lived there. The man, identified in the police report as Alexis, told the driver to keep knocking and someone would answer.

Then, unexpectedly, Alexis allegedly splashed a cup of bleach into the delivery man's eyes, blinding him, and stole the pizza, police said.

The delivery man ran back to his car. "You know you're not supposed to be back here, white boy!" Alexis allegedly yelled as the man pulled away.

A day after the incident, Detective Kevin Williams went to Alexis' house in the 3500 block of Monroe Street, around the corner from the delivery location, and spoke to Alexis' parents, who put Williams in touch with their son, police said.

The 4-foot, 11-inch, 309-pound Alexis agreed to meet with investigators at the 2nd District station on Magazine Street. It was there, according to the police report, that he confessed that he planned to fling bleach in the delivery man's face as a way to steal the pizza. Alexis told police he had an accomplice, identified in the police report as Jacoby Panier. Police on Thursday did not return phone calls seeking information about a second suspect in the case.

Police told the Uptown Messenger, a neighborhood news website, that the driver's blindness is believed to be temporary, but that on Thursday he still could not see. Attempts to contact the pizza store's owner were unsuccessful Thursday night.

The episode was not Alexis' first brush with the law.

Court records show he was arrested and booked in July with aggravated assault, illegally carrying a concealed weapon and aggravated assault with a firearm. Records show that in September he took an "Alford plea," meaning he did not admit he was guilty but conceded that the strong evidence could have led to his conviction.

Criminal District Court Judge Laurie White gave Alexis credit for time served, meaning he was released at that time after having spent 54 days in jail, the records show.

Each of the charges Alexis pleaded to carries a maximum sentence of six months in prison, according to Orleans Parish District Attorney's office spokesman Chris Bowman. Asked to comment on the sentence imposed on Alexis, Bowman said: "Sentencing is up to the judge."

Alexis could face up to a combined total of 12 years in prison if he is convicted of the two most recent charges.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/201 ... incart_mce

Typical. "Baby Tee".

:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:21 am 

Quote:
Does Hollywood discriminate against young black actors?
Los Angeles Times, by Steven Zeitchik

Shortly after the Oscars ended Sunday, Samuel L. Jackson sent an e-mail to a Times reporter wondering why no black men had been chosen to present awards on the film world's biggest stage. "It's obvious there's not ONE Black male actor in Hollywood that's able to read a teleprompter, or that's 'hip enuf,' for the new academy demographic!" Jackson wrote. "In the Hollywood I saw tonite, I don't exist nor does Denzel, Eddie, Will, Jamie, or even a young comer like Anthony Mackie!" (Snip) The scarcity of black roles in 2011 is partly a function of fewer movies being made,

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/ ... ation.html

Quote:
Where were the black male Oscar presenters?
mary mitchell suntimes.com

Even before Sidney Poitier won best actor for “Lilies of the Field” in 1963, Isaac Hayes’ “Shaft” won for best song in 1971 and Morgan Freeman was nominated for best actor in 1989 for “Driving Miss Daisy,” I was a huge fan of the show.

My fascination with Oscar night goes back to my teenage years, when I watched the program with my father and nine siblings on a tiny black-and-white TV in our crowded living room.

Like many other girls that age, I fantasized about being one of the beautiful actresses who swept across that stage.

By the time Denzel Washington won best actor in 2001 for his portrayal of a corrupt cop in “Training Day,” Oscar night was like the Super Bowl: No matter what team ends up in the final contest, our household celebrated the joy of watching someone crowned the best in the class.

For the first time Sunday night, my 10-year-old grandson joined in this tradition.

Talk about disappointing.

BREAK

No Jamie Foxx. No Samuel Jackson. No Forest Whitaker. No Chris Rock. No Eddie Murphy. No Denzel. No black male nominees, or black female nominees, for that matter.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/mitchell/4 ... nters.html

tennisbum wrote:
But just look.....the blacks are 17 % of the population but commit 85% of the crimes, rob 100% of the convenience stores, father 75% of illegitimate babies, soak up 75% of welfare payments, occupy 75% of player positions in NBA and NFL, black males drop out of school 75% more than others......

I'd say that they are pretty well represented! Now there is a concern about the lack of black yachtsmen and bowlers!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:35 am 

what is it with these people?

watch the video

Quote:
Brawl Mars DMV MusicAwards Outside Washington
Fox5TV, by Roz Plater

ARLINGTON, Va. - Arlington police say a brawl broke out during the DMV music awards ceremony, sending one person to a local hospital. Police say five people were treated Saturday night at the scene of the awards ceremony, which honors local rap, hip-hop and R&B performers. About 1,500 people attended the ceremony at the Crystal City Hyatt, and witnesses said more than 20 police vehicles responded to deal with a half dozen fights that broke out.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/brawl-mars-dmv-music-awards-outside-washington-030711

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:31 pm 

here we go again.
Quote:

Woman Attacks Burger KingEmployees Over Bad Order
NBC, by Todd Wrigh
t

An angry customer started a fast food, food fight with Burger King employees after she didn't get her order her way. Tara Lyons, 38, was arrested and charged with assault and battery and burglary after she climbed over the counter at an Oakland Park Burger King and started throwing breakfast sandwiches and condiments at employees. On March 2, Lyons was allegedly upset over a breakfast sandwich she spent $1.06 for in the drive thru, Broward Sheriff's Office detectives said Monday.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Woma ... 50504.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:10 am 

Quote:
Police: Store owner
shot, killed in hair
extensions robbery

BY CECIL ANGEL AND NAOMI R. PATTON
DETROIT FREE PRESS STAFF WRITERS

4:34 PM, Mar. 15, 2011|

Two men and a woman shot and killed the
owner of a Dearborn beauty supply store
and stole bags of 80 human hair
extensions, police said.

Police said they received a call about a
robbery at Sunrise Beauty Supply, 4920
Schaefer, at 11:30 a.m. When police
arrived, the store owner was dead. Police
declined to identify him.

Police said video images show a man, 20-
25-years-old, thin and 5-feet-10, wearing
a green waist-length hooded jacket with
the word Packers written across the front,
gray sweatpants, tan boots and a baseball
hat.

The suspects drove away in a silver four-
door vehicle, possibly a Ford Focus, police
said.

Police described the driver as a woman
with curly hair.

The suspects stole 80 Velvet brand human
hair extensions.

“This appears to be a random and
senseless crime that will be subjected to all
our investigative resources,” Chief Ronald
Haddad said.

Anyone with information is asked to contact
Dearborn police tip line at 313-943-

http://www.freep.com/article/20110315/N ... ns-robbery

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:41 pm 

Quote:
Vikings’ Peterson: ‘Modern-day slavery’ alive in NFL
By CHIP SCOGGINS Minneapolis Star Tribune Mar 16, 2011 12:32PM

Minnesota Vikings star Adrian Peterson Peterson compared the NFL’s treatment of players to “modern-day slavery” and said the players are getting “robbed” by the owners. | AP

The labor conflict between the NFL and its players is already contentious, but Minnesota Vikings All-Pro running back Adrian Peterson took things to a new level with comments he made in a published interview.

Speaking to Yahoo! Sports moments after the NFL players union decertified Friday, Peterson compared the NFL’s treatment of players to “modern-day slavery” and said the players are getting “robbed” by the owners.

Peterson, who is scheduled to make $10.72 million in base salary in 2011, made those statements when asked about the NFL lockout and legal fight between the two sides.

http://www.suntimes.com/4349645-417/vik ... n-nfl.html

I hope there is a lockout

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:29 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:

Minnesota Vikings star Adrian Peterson Peterson compared the NFL’s treatment of players to “modern-day slavery” and said the players are getting “robbed” by the owners.

Peterson, who is scheduled to make $10.72 million in base salary in 2011, made those statements when asked about the NFL lockout and legal fight between the two sides.[/color]

If that's what they're paying slaves nowadays, then count me in.
(I wear a size 12 in shackles.)

Barack Obama

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 718 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next